July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by skinz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good Result, Price ok, and packaging is quite nice.
ofcos will like to use it again, get 1 and try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So, I think I have finally found my HG foundation! This foundation is just splendid! It provides excellent coverage. A little goes a loooong way. The bad thing is that I felt it dried too quickly when I first applied it to my face, so I had trouble blending it out when I first got it. But since having it and using it a while, I've gotten the hang of it and have been able to work out a technique to get it to blend a little better. I've used both the MAC 190 and 187 to blend this. I prefer the 187. I just stiple it really quickly all over my face, then blend. It works well for me and I don't have that problem with it drying too quickly. This is a very matte foundation, which is good for me since my nose gets so oily throughout the day! When wearing this, I don't get anywhere near as oily as I did! This foundation also provides maximum coverage, so at first I thought it would be something I wouldn't be able to wear every single day. But if you just put a little dab, it works great as an everyday foundation! Like I said, a LITTLE goes a LONG way with this!

In MAC, I am NW 15 and for full coverage, I've always liked Studio Fix fluid. But if I wear that two days in a row, I'll break out. Also, that foundation gets orange on me and is very dark. In Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I am the shade of Ecru-- which is not something I'd normally pick out because it looks darker for me. However, it blends great and matches my undertones quite nicely! I am very satisfied with the shade. The MA tried it on me and gave me a 10 day sample, as well as a 10 day sample of another shade, Shell. Ecru was way better! I went back to purchase the full size bottle. The thing I don't like about the packaging is that I need a foundation pump. I'm going to have to go back and ask if they have one for this bottle. If not, I can deal. This foundation is just too great. And best of all, it doesn't break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try this product. Once again, I could find something significantly cheaper that would produce the same results. The coverage wasn't that great either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahjeeves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be the best foundation i have ever used! the coverage is excellent and it lasts all day. I have very oily skin and it doesn't make my skin matt in any way so i use a translucent powder over the top. It also doubles as a concealer. The price is ok because a bottle can last months. I do suffer breakouts and it has never clogged my pores and caused black/white heads! I am on to my second bottle now and would say this is estee lauders best product by far.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sampucka

i tried this foundation about 2 years ago for the first time i was totally hooked very good coverage lasts the day the 2 major things i look for in a foundation, i really do like this foundation as a weekend/going out foundation it does break me out abit but even still i always have a bottle hanging around and people always comment on my make up when im wearing it!! worth having a bottle kicking around for them flawless face days, just be sure you get the right colour cause the colours can be abit iffy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by BeeStrong

I love this product. I have never experienced a foundation that covers completely. In my opinion this foundation is worth the price, based on the quality it produces.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by espinovale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this foundation in Bone and I love it because I didn't have to blot as often. I used to wear Mac studio fix nc15, iwas bumed because my new foudation did ot come with a pump so decided to try the pump from the Studio fix and it worked.....they sell for@$4.50 at the Mac counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Have worn DW for several years now. Occasionally I try other foundations, but always end up using DW again. Fresco is a good match for me, although I will use Dusk powder on top once in awhile. I do not find it too heavy, but I apply it with a light hand, using either a foundation brush or the dampened SK purple sponge. I wear it over BB Vitamin Base, I do find that DW applies best with a good moisturizer underneath, and make sure you exfoliate if needed, as this really emphasizes any flaky patches. I don't find it heavy, tight, or masklike if you apply lightly. One of the benefits is that I don't have to wear undereye concealer with DW. I do wish the bottle had a pump or it was in a tube, but it's worth the trouble. My skin doesn't look exactly flawless with this (I have some age spots and discoloration which peek through), but it looks smooth, polished and professional. I am a nurse and it's the only foundation I have found that lasts during my entire shift, or in the southern california summer. Hope they never d/c this foundation...
ADDENDUM: Soon after leaving the above review, I noticed that the Fresco was too dark in the sunlight. I have been religously using sunscreen, and think I haven't made the adjustment to having much lighter skin now. Went to the counter and the SA matched me with Ecru, a much better color for me now (MAC SA told me I was NW20). Also bought a MAC foundation pump ($5) and love DW again...
UPDATE: Wore this for years. Last year, at the age of 51, I noticed I wasn't getting compliments on my skin anymore. I changed to a lighter foundation and people started commenting again on my complexion. I am coming around to the belief that for us older ladies, less coverage is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i agree. it's hard to work with, compared with other liquids. you have to use a serum or primer underneath, and most people would prefer the finish if applied with a moistened latex sponge. it's also not the easiest to remove and can cause breakouts. but wheat is absolutely the perfect shade for me, and it wears really well, even on the most humid of days in honolulu. besides what i've already mentioned, my strategy for working with this is to pour out a little bit on the bit of skin between my thumb and forefinger on the side of my hand and smooth it on with a dampened sonia kashuk's purple sponge. with a light dusting of laura mercier's loose powder on top, i feel as if my skin has the perfect medium-full coverage finish. it can be made more sheer by adding a bit of moisturizer. great for those days at work when i have to be in an executive meeting, or those nights out on the town, or at weekend weddings.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by princessmimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have switched many foundations and often have been let down horribly, but was introduced to estee laudr double wear through a friend at first I was sceptical but nevertheless tried it anyway, i started off with double wear light and was disappointed by it as it didnt provide coverage at all. Then i switched to double wear and I was immediately hooked i try many fouindations and always end up coming back to this one i use this in the colour henna and it is absolutely amazing i apply a primer underneath but after a while had no need to. This truly is an amazing foundation and not only that when i go out at night it makes me look very glamorous...i apply true match super blendable power on top of it just to make it stay in place and it looks amazing, i have very liney eyes and this product came out tops, I would recommend this to anyone. Also living in Cape Town the weather tends to change alot and i find this make up lasts through it all. I don't need any extra's once i have this on and also it now is not a mission for me to apply make up. The selling price is R345,00 but i find it's worth it, because one bottle lasts really long for me and I would rather pay more for quality that lasts long as apposed to something cheap that doesn't even cover properly, and for my skintone this works absolutely amazing...I love estee luader double wear (~^,)