October 24, 2014 | 1549 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this. In fact, it looks great on my skin. The powder is very finely milled and goes on nicely. It was easy to find a perfect color match.

Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. After weeks of really great-looking skin, I started having breakouts around the time I started using this. And this was the only change in my skincare and makeup routine.

This is some of the worst packaging ever. The swivel base and mirror combination just doesn't make sense and makes the product more difficult to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for a few weeks now, and i can honestly say its fantastic! It has great staying power for my super-oily skin and lasts all day and layers well too. The colors are all neutral, but i suggest you apply this with a brush instead of the puff it comes with for more even application...overall my HG powder!

P.S. I break out from everything and i havent broken out from this!!

update: I BROKE OUT FROM THIS WHENEVER I TRIED TO USE IT.....DOWNGRADE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Just bought this and tried it for the first time... I LOVE it! I gives a very smooth, natural-looking finish and matches my skin really well considering I didn't spend a lot of time picking out the perfect shade (I just guessed). I'm probably going to wear it in place of foundation most days, since I don't want/need a lot of coverage, just evening out my skin. So far so good!
    The packaging sucks, though, as other people have mentioned. I don't get why the mirror and puff are in a separate compartment underneath, which is hard to open. Doesn't bother me too much, though, since I'll probably be applying it with my own makeup brush and not on-the-go. In fact, I think that using the puff is what makes you look chalky or mask-like... using a soft brush eliminates those problems!
    It stays on pretty well - no obvious rubbing off.
    The oil-control is the best part; my face doesn't look shiny at all in ANY pictures taken recently. And most importantly - does not cause breakouts!!!
    UPDATE: Months later, I am still using this stuff every day in place of foundation! My skin looks so much better than it did when I used to wear a lot more makeup. This is definitely my HG - my one desert-island piece of makeup I wouldn't give up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. I never buy products from the drugstore, until my recent money bind, and I love love this, and that's coming from someone who usually only buys high-end brands. This gave me a flawless finish, that didnt look fake at all. Will definately be using this powder from now on, so cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Edit... just used MUFE HD powder and I won't look back at any other powders!

Beautiful! I use it to set my overall makeup and my skin looks nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Akear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never repurchased a powder before. Powder has always been my never-ending quest, but I am now on my THIRD compact of this.For the most part, I've always preferred loose powder but I work 12 hour shifts now and needed something I could carry in my bag. I bought this on a whim in "cream" and my relationship with powder changed immediately. I use this EVERY single day, and I use to hardly ever use powder. First, the color matches are really good for me. Cream has been great, but I also have a backup of "fair" for winter. Next, I have NO shine with this, even on humid days and over an unfortunately greasy sunscreen. As the weather gets cooler and my skin gets drier I get flaky, but this powder is not accentuating that like others have. I have actually been wearing this on its own most of the time - something else I've never done w/ a pressed power aside from Studio Fix. The coverage is perfect, but ironically I can also touch up as many times as I want during the day and I don't get cakey!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find anything wrong with it and I like I said, I've never liked one powder so much that I repurchased and I'm 3 compacts into this with a backup :) The only thing I sort of don't like is that the mirror is a little awkward in my opinion, and if you don't put the puff powder-side up on the mirror the mirror gets gross. I also immediately toss the sponge it comes with and use better quality ones that I buy seperately.

GREAT product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So far I am impressed with this product.I decided to try it after the reviews I read on here. CVS was having a sale so I got it for $5. I bought this product in dark 2-3 and it matches me perfectly. It gives me a nice matte finish. My skin is usually dry so I moisturize before putting it on. The reason I like this product because it makes my morning makeup regimen so much easier. A downside to this is that it wears off during the day but I don't have a problem reapplying. I was a little confused when I first bought it. My first question was "How the heck do I open this?" But after 5 minutes I got the hang of it. From the reviews I read, I gather that people don't care for the packaging. However, I like it. It's something new and once you get used to it, it's not really a problem. Also I usually have a problem with getting powder on the mirror and the packaging puts an end to that. I would totally buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by xprincessxamandax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i loved this product the case is so cool and the colours are amazing i will continue to buy this i just wish it controlled oil a lil bit more

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FiridaiMcKnight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Me: Makeup artist, Asian, Oily Skin, 19 Yrs old, Golden undertone, About a C30-40 in MAC's studio fix,

I found out about this product watching a commercial on TV, thought it sound interesting so i went to go get it at a local drug store, I have tried dream matte mousse and other maybelline products before so i trust their products, its hard for me to actually use the samething everyday,,,i have SOO much stuff im constantly switching, but i seem to be pretty consistant with this one

Product: i do love the color of the powder, it has a great yellow undertone to it, which blends lovely on to my asian skintone, texture of the powder is perfectly fine, great velvet texture, it does give you a matte finish initially, but i guess because of my uncontrollable oily skin, i do shin up after a little while, BUT its a great retouching powder too,,, it does not oxidize and go dark on you either, so if you dont have oily skin boom back like me you should be OK

Price :very affordable, lasts you quite a while too

Packaging,,,i thought it was very new and interesting,,,i threw away the little sponge it came with,just somthing i do, i hate those things, i like how you swap the mirror open,,you could use the mirror and the powder at the same time,,unlike some other ones you gotta switch back and forth, and the golden color is interesting too

i hope this product does not go discontinue,,,i really like it

Complaint: why so little shades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by IvoryLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, a little about me: I have very fair, oily skin that is acne prone. My face is mostly clear lately, but I still have issues with large pores and dark marks from previous breakouts.

Getting right to the point, Dream Matte Powder is my new favorite and beats out all others I've tried, including the popular MAC Blot powder. I don't normally get excited about powders, because they seem to make only a minimal difference in how my makeup lasts. But wow, this one is different!

I purchased the lightest shade - called "Fair (Light 0-1)". It's seriously one of the best matches I've found for my ultra pale skin. It leans slightly yellow, but really this goes on so sheer that I doubt it'd be an issue for most people. The finish is smooth and velvety, and very sheer. It goes over my foundation almost imperceptibly and actually keeps my face matte-- not dry or powdery, just not shiny-- practically all day. This isn't a miracle product of course, but after many weeks of use it's still keeping me matte without drying my skin out or causing breakouts.

I'm not fond of the swing out mirror/puff compartment packaging because it doesn't work very well in reality, but it was a neat idea anyway. I paid about $7 and I definitely feel it's worth the money. Will I repurchase? Sure!
    continued >>