July 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by TheTruthAboutForever

I only wear liquid foundation on the weekends since this is pretty heavy and it would probably break me out if i used it everyday. It's really nice coverage, but it tends to rub off on shirts if you get too close, but all foundations do that. I get many compliments when i wear this. I have many empty bottles of this sitting on my vanity, and i will buy this again [:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This product comes in a pretty good range of colours, but i must say that they are a little too yellow-toned for pretty much everyone I know. I can usually tell when someone is wearing MAC foundation, and I don't mean that in a good way. The exception being African American skin tones, which I don't really have an opinion on but I know MAC has been a leader in foundation selection for darker skin tones for some time.
Anyway, I found this foundation thick, goopy and far too greasy for my liking. I did like the amount of coverage it gives me, but I have oily-ish skin and it certainly lacked staying power. I also think it might have broken me out had I not stopped using it so quickly (wore it three times, then returned it). I am a fan of a dewy skin look luckily, because my skin is naturally very dewy ha ha. However, this was just a plain old oily look. Not attractive. It might work for dryer skin types though.
The bottle is alright, considering they sell pumps there for quite cheap. This was not a problem for me at all.
Overall, it is a totally average foundation. I didn't find it was anything special and it certainly didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by butterflyfairy

This looked great on my face: wonderful color match for my strong yellow toned skin and medium-full coverage for my acne scars and general uneven skin tone. Not quite as long lasting or transfer resistant as I wanted, but I was willing to overlook that. However, this foundation broke me out. I have very sensitive and problematic skin so I try to be good about testing one new product at a time. Just to be sure it was indeed the foundation breaking me out and not Mother Nature, I swiped a bit of foundation on my chin late afternoon (on a lazy stay-at-home day) and by the time I washed my face in the evening, a cystic acne bump already formed. I was so bummed! So unfortunately, this foundation just did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Civies

My HG foundation. I know a lot of MAC foundations break people out but I'm thankful that my skin doesn't react badly from this foundation because it's flawless! A little goes a long way and it doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on the face which is +++++++. It covers all my blemishes easily and only takes me about a minute or two to apply with ELF's powder brush which is my favourite for applying foundation. I used the 188 for this and didn't have the patience to stipple. This foundation stays on all day and doesn't budge.

The price is fair considering the price of higher end foundations and I hate looking for DS foundations because I can never match myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is ok, I bought nc15 as im very pale and I just about get away with the no tide line around my jaw area looking orange. Covers ok, lasts ok, pump I bought for it was ok, the only problem I have with this foundation is that around my eyes it looks absolutely terrible. I have a few lines, (laughter lines that is) and my gosh does it show them up, which is a shame because I really do like it otherwise. I think I would buy it again but I will try to find a nice concealer to put under my eyes instead. Just a quick note I originally sampled the nw15 and it made me look very orange so I would suggest that if you are pale then stick to the nc15 as its less orange and more yellow toned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Wow this foundation is awesome! I'm not a huge MAC fan but I always hear good things about the brand here on MUA so in my search for a good foundation I thought I would try one of theirs. I've used the studio fix powder foundation before but I didn't feel it was enough coverage and I started breaking out very bad (I don't think the powder caused it though) so I quit using it because I hear MAC isn't good for acne prones. I've used just about every d/s foundation and they are either too orange/pink for my skin or they don't stay on all day (I'm NC15). I was impressed immediately at the full coverage it provides without making my skin look dull and lifeless like most full coverage ones do. It covers all of my scars and the redness in my skin. It lasts almost all day with a touchup of powder. I use my ecotools foundation brush to apply it and swirl it and blend into my skin. 2 pumps is enough to cover my face and neck.It does feel a bit heavy at first but once your skin gets used to it then its fine. It also removes easily when I wash my face at night. It's more pricey than what I'm used to but I don't mind paying extra for a good quality foundation. Don't waste your money like I did trying to find a good d/s foundation and just invest in a good one if your skin needs it. I'll update if I break out or anything but so far so good as I don't use this every day.

EDIT I spoke too soon on my positive review for this. I changed the rating on this from 5 stars to 3. This foundation sinks into my acne scars and pores instead of covering them up, even with a primer. I wore it for a few days and I did start breaking out too. Its not the worst foundation but I won't be repurchasing for those reasons.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty good. I have super oily skin so i sometimes find its hard to find something that stays on, but this does an ok job. I do have to touch up with powder during the day but i dont mind that. The colour match is great (NC37) and its easy to blend.

I like the bottle it comes in and and buying the pump is handy too. I put this on over a primer and use a foundation brush ( i hate using my fingers for foundation )

Will buy this again for sure :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ipaywithpennies

This foundation was okay, I had a lot of problems with it because I couldn't find my exact match. The MA's at the MAC counter matched me so many times but overall I was never happy with it. I had to return it so many times and I eventually gave up. Then a couple of the SA's said that it's possible that I probably have to mix my liquid foundations, but I was not up to do that at all. And yes, I am lazy. LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by November185

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is used to be my number one foundation but it was recently displaced by Estee Lauder Double Wear. I love it because you only need a bit to get amazing coverage. I have terrible hyperpigmentation from bouts of severe acne, and this foundation covers most of it. Also, this foundation blends pretty well, but it also dries fairly quickly. I hate it when you have to wait for foundation to dry!
I dislike the packaging-this foundation is already too expensive for me so I do not want to shell out extra money for the pump. I have to slowly tip the bottle, then roll it across my hand to ensure that I don't pour out too much foundation.
In addition, this foundation did not last all day on me like Double Wear does. It will go a bit orangey-but I'm not sure whether that is due to getting a bad match or not.
But, all in all, this is a good foundation. I have acne-prone skin, and I haven't had a breakout due to this foundation. And it makes my skin look flawless, poreless, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cyanid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An MA from MAC in Kalverstraat, Amsterdam recommended this to me, when I told about my experiences with foundations that felt cakey after a while. So he introduced me to this foundation, but when I tried it on at the store, it felt a bit dry and the color looked too pale even though I am Scandinavian and quite fair. I bought it anyway, and tried it on at home. Wow, I must say, it blends perfectly with my skin tone, and my redness disappears in an instant. To me, this foundation is one of the best out there, and if I get the opportunity I'll buy it again. UPDATE: okay, so I've used this foundation for about two weeks and now I'm not so sure about this... currently having a massive acne breakout, and I suspect the foundation to be the guilty one.. must have clogged my pores like hell.. damnit.