MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: great coverage and semi-matte dewy finish. The foundation lasts for a long time on my combination skin and i can forgo concealer for daily use.

Cons: it broke my cheeks out in 2 days! I never have reaction to foundations (liquid, creme, or powder). I was so disappointed that it broke me out this bad and it's taking more than a week to heal. arrggh.

I have good and bad things to say about this product. Mac Studio Fix Fluid gives you good coverage (medium buildable). I also noticed that it gives a smooth finish unlike many foundations. The downside of this product is its packaging. It would've been nice if it already came with a pump; pump is sold separately for $5, I think. But most of all I hate it because it breaks me out. My face just recently healed from breakouts it caused me 2 weeks ago and yesterday I thought I'd give it another try just to see if it was really this product that broke me out... sadly, it is. About 3-4 hours after putting it on my face I started to see pimples on my chin and around my mouth. I feel sad because I thought this was going to be my go-to foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought MAC foundations were supposed to be good? Anyway, I tried this one and it is literally one of the worst ones I have ever tried! Here are the reasons why... (I'll try and keep this short):

1) It smells horrible, like a plasticky/paint smell and you can smell it after you've applied it to your face..
2) It doesn't do much for oil control on your face, basically it makes you look quite shiny after a while.
3) It's too heavy on your face and I personally prefer foundations that feel light
4) The product you get isn't worth almost £30
5) You have to kindof tip the bottle to get foundation out, as it is just a hole. So I'd imagine it'd be hard to get foundation out when you're getting towards the end of it as it's in a glass/non-squeezable bottle.
6) It tends to dry my face out after using it so when i next apply it there's always dry foundation patches on my face that is visible!

however, ONE pro... it does give quite a good coverage
Hope this helps :-)

I love the fact that this foundation has AMAZING coverage. It's the only thing I've ever used that has covered up most of my blemishes and dark circles and really made my skin even...

However, it's feels very heavy and I can definatley tell that I'm wearing it when I put it on.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is the best foundation I've ever used! It gives full coverage, but if you buy the pump you have better control over how much you use. For even lighter coverage, just mix some with a moisturizer and the foundation will last even longer. :) It leaves my face looking flawless and even, and lasts all day long without needing a touchup. I'm very impressed!:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It gives amazing full coverage. I had flawless skin but it broke me out. It felt too heavy on my skin it felt like I was wearing a mask. The minute I put it on the minute I had to take it off. I wore it once for a wedding setting it and everything, the makeup slid off my sweaty skin. Great coverage just feels thick, heavy, and clogging.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a good full coverage foundation! I mix a lil of this with studio sculpt to make the most amaze-balls coverage ever! I took off a lippie for the packaging...you have to pay like $5 for a pump! Sucky! But I will def. Re purchase!

I'm very torn with my decision in ever buying this product again. Good coverage, but the color always was too orange! That always seemed to be a comman thing with MAC. So being aware of that, blend well! otherwise you'll get the orange lines on the side of your face that you dread. Haha. And if you're lazy and you don't have a great time remembering to wash your face and you get busy, you'll break out. I break out if I don't wash all of the MAC studio fix fluid off.
Looks alright though, and I'd buy it again just because I haven't really found foundation that lasts as long as studio fix fluid does.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Too thick and cakey for me, and I couldn't find a proper color match for me. The one I was matched to as the closest was too dark and beige/pink toned, and it got darker throughout the day. Also, I first thought mine smelt funky but then I found out thats just the scent MAC has chosen to put in it. Surprising. Oh well, I passed it on to someone else who loves it now.

My favourite foundation - it actually covers everything. I'm 18 so I can get a few breakouts and with this it looks like I have amazing skin. It's really thick and on a night out stays on all night. The only downside is that it does cause a few pimples, but with the coverage I think it's totally worth it. Definitely recommend this to people looking for a heavy coverage.