MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i fxcking love this! ive been using this for almost 2 years. I love the look of heavy liquid foundation, but i also like te option to sheer it out for warmer weather. if i get a TM, i would have to pay more to buy a heavy coverage foundation, so getting a medium-full coverage for me is a better deal. When i want it sheer i apply it with a damp sponge, but if i want it heavy i apply with a 187 and use many pumps. the shades do run darker but i luv that tan look

on 7/5/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first heard about this foundation from off the MAC website and liked the sound of it.It explained that it 'Provides medium buildable coverage and flawless natural-matte finish. Includes SPF 15 for everyday sun protection. Oil-free and long-wearing'
It sounded like the perfect every-day foundation. So i went to my nearest mac store and purchased it. They have a really good variety of shades and i had a perfect match of NW15 :).So when i first tried the foundation out i used one pump as the mua from mac explained i wouldnt need no more than 1-2 pumps. As i applied it the foundation blended very easily into my skin and left me with a flawless matte complexion which i loved.As the day went on i barely had to touch up my face at all and it stayed put without creasing all day. I Was very pleased with this purchase and i shall buy it again :).

on 7/5/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been wearing this product for many years now (NC15). I started wearing it when my skin wasn't as great as it is now, and I needed more coverage back then. I recently decided to try out some new foundations and I was extremely disappointed - none of them even came close to this, which is why I am giving it a 5/5. The coverage is excellent - the make-up artist I repurchased it from recently said that many people don't realize that this should be applied with a brush. Those who don't like this product might want to try this. For my pale skin, it's just the right color, paired with the MAC select sheer pressed powder.

on 7/3/2010 1:10:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! This was my first mac foundation and I am so happy with it. It has great coverage and doesn't have an orange hue to it like some other kinds I have tried. I also bought the pump and it works great, no spilling!

on 7/1/2010 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is the best foundation i have EVER used!
I'm NC15 which is quite pale but i also have a bottle of NW25 which i mix with it to create a darker shade when i wear fake tan.
it's totally buildable and great for those hormonal days when you're skin needs a little extra coverage, it lasts all day and gives my skin a lovely, flawless matte look without being too drying.
bronzer and powder just glide over it without patching like with a lot of other foundations, i also use MAC compact bronzer in refinded golden which goes dark quickly so you only need to use it sparingly therefore, it lasts ages and minirilize skin finish natural powder compact in medium which is also only needed in small amounts (and keeps shine at bay all day during the warmer months)
However, i probebly wouldn't recommend it to people who don't like to wear much make up as it can feel quite 'make upy' on your skin for the first couple of uses, but the amazingly smooth finish made me persevere and now i can't wear anything else!
AMAZING! :D

on 6/29/2010 6:46:00 PM

Now im not saying i hate this product but im not saying i like it, its OK .
Heres the story.
i had alot of expectations for this product i mean its mac, its famous/infamous, alot of my fav gurus like it and for me it is a bit pricey so therefore i was very excited to buy it, Now when i came to try it was a different story. I have it in NC20 and im medium/fair slightly olive with a yellow undertone and i thought this would match me perfectly but oh no. After my skincare routine and primer i apply this to my face and neck as normal (with great difficulty as it does not come with a pump and you waste so much product UUUUHH anyways) and as i do this i start to see that im slowly turning into a simpson i mean this is YELLOW, yellow, who as yellow skin can someone tell me. I though shit but still carryed on applying and finished my make up for the day. For the first hour of wearing this on my face i felt like a lepper cus no one wants a yellow face right, but i must say i like the cover it has on my face and the consistancey to plus the smell in my mind is devine its like a cross between a hospital and fresh cake (Wierd) but i digress after the first hour i go to the bath room to take this stuff off cus the fear of simpson like remarks fill my head. As i get to the mirror i see a flawless pawless face stair back at me, Very, Very strange right.
It seems to me that on my skin this takes much to long to sink in you know and who as an hour to wait for there make up to dry in the morning, No One.
So over all i find that this foundation is great if you have the time
and can wear a vail to college.

on 6/29/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I use this in NC45 or NW40. I used this years ago, but felt I looked too made up. You could tell I had it on. Years later, I picked this up again along with too many other foundations to count. (Went on a haul when I was feeling kinda ugly from breakouts. Now, my skin is clear thanks to acne.org). Anyway, I use this with Sonia Kashuk's multipurpose brush (love). I place a dime size dollop on the back of my hand. Dab the brush in it and stipple it all over my face. Takes all of 30 seconds and gives me the most natural, flawless finish. Moreover, my skin feels so light. With the brush, my application is not so heavy as I tend to be heavy-handed when I apply foundation leading to a base face. I like this again because of the color match, matte finish (OILY! skin) and the blendability. It will get some play in my foundation rotation. But what's up witn no pump? UPDATE: I've started to use this almost everyday because it leaves my face less oily than other foundations as the day wears on. My co-workers are commenting me on how well my skin looks since I've been using it.

on 6/29/2010 5:42:00 PM

I just did a test run of this foundation and I can't stand it. I got matched to an NW 15. It was a good color match. However, I absolutely cannot stand the smell of this foundation, it smells like paint thinner. It is a very matte finish which I don't mind but it also has a tendency to emphasize my skin imperfections and I don't have bad skin. I'll just stick with my Chanel and Dior foundations. I like them much much better.

on 6/29/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have had many issues with this foundation. I have about 3 of these in different colors. Everytime I get color matched, I end up with a different color because the NW's are too pink for me, but the NC's are straight up orange! I am currently a NC37, and while it does match me perfectly for now, I'm scared that when it oxidizes, it will make me orange like my NC40 did. As for the coverage, it is one of the best full coverage foundations I have used. Definitely a matte finish, so I really don't recommend this product if you have super dry skin, since it might enhance dry patches. Great for oily or combo-skin though :) It does stay put for a good amount of time, but using Fix+ or any other makeup setting spray would make this foundation last longer.

Overall, it is a good foundation coverage/application wise. I just wish MAC's foundation colors had more neutral toned shades that weren't super pink or super orange.

We'll see how this goes when I finish this bottle if I will buy a new one or not.

----EDIT-----
I now give this product 5 lippies instead of 3. Before I had a color match issue, and while I do have 3 different shades of this foundation, I now feel that they all work for me. I went back to this foundation after suffering a lot of acne scarring, and let me tell you, this stuff works to cover it up. I use a MAC 180 flat top kabuki (discontinued) and the trick is to dab it on, not buff in. If it looks a bit cakey, I spritz on Fix + and I'm good to go. So overall, this is my HG foundation as of now, and I encourage all of you to try this out.

on 6/29/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the best colour match I’ve ever had for my light-medium yellow skin (NC25) and I wore it every day. I found that it transferred easily and had to be touched up throughout the day (not good for oily t-zone) however I put up with this because of the excellent colour match. Then a few weeks ago I noticed my clear skin suddenly had 3-4 pimples coming in every week, I quickly realised it was my studio fix fluid. I immediately stopped using it and am now using a mineral foundation, it took a couple of weeks but my skin is now clear again. I won’t be using Mac foundation again