July 30, 2014 | 1272 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product about 8 years ago when I was in my early 20s & absolutely loved how flawless it made my skin look. I bought it again yesterday & found that the foundation isn't as thick as it used to be & my skin doesn't look as flawless as it did with the original double wear. I'm not that impressed with the way it makes my skin look dry - which is hard as I don't have dry skin; I have oily t-zone normal cheeks. I bought the powder too & think the problem may be applying it with the sponge & not my usual way with powder brush or bronzer/kabuki brush. I'm going to try it again tonight. I won't be buying it again it this doesn't improve; however, it is quite a good one to wear when out in the sun & to the gym as it doesn't budge too much or too noticeably - which is 1 reason why I may purchase this again. For $68AU it's not a fantastic foundation, I would expect something that glides onto my skin & left me feeling flawless. The jury is still out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Sarah91x

I've been looking for a really good foundation for awhile and really wanted to try this product, however i was really indecisive as there are so many mixed reviews on here. Anyway whilst i was at Macys i asked to try this on, i loved it, excellent coverage and it didn't feel to heavy or look cakey at all. Before i bought it i asked to see what it was like outside because i don't trust their lighting. The match is perfect for me (Shell) Im definitely glad i tried this, foundations usually melt off my face after a couple of hours but this lasts throughout the day, smells a little like paint but that doesn't really bother me, i apply this with my hands and the finish is flawless. Deffo recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by skinz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good Result, Price ok, and packaging is quite nice.
ofcos will like to use it again, get 1 and try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

So, I think I have finally found my HG foundation! This foundation is just splendid! It provides excellent coverage. A little goes a loooong way. The bad thing is that I felt it dried too quickly when I first applied it to my face, so I had trouble blending it out when I first got it. But since having it and using it a while, I've gotten the hang of it and have been able to work out a technique to get it to blend a little better. I've used both the MAC 190 and 187 to blend this. I prefer the 187. I just stiple it really quickly all over my face, then blend. It works well for me and I don't have that problem with it drying too quickly. This is a very matte foundation, which is good for me since my nose gets so oily throughout the day! When wearing this, I don't get anywhere near as oily as I did! This foundation also provides maximum coverage, so at first I thought it would be something I wouldn't be able to wear every single day. But if you just put a little dab, it works great as an everyday foundation! Like I said, a LITTLE goes a LONG way with this!

In MAC, I am NW 15 and for full coverage, I've always liked Studio Fix fluid. But if I wear that two days in a row, I'll break out. Also, that foundation gets orange on me and is very dark. In Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I am the shade of Ecru-- which is not something I'd normally pick out because it looks darker for me. However, it blends great and matches my undertones quite nicely! I am very satisfied with the shade. The MA tried it on me and gave me a 10 day sample, as well as a 10 day sample of another shade, Shell. Ecru was way better! I went back to purchase the full size bottle. The thing I don't like about the packaging is that I need a foundation pump. I'm going to have to go back and ask if they have one for this bottle. If not, I can deal. This foundation is just too great. And best of all, it doesn't break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try this product. Once again, I could find something significantly cheaper that would produce the same results. The coverage wasn't that great either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahjeeves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be the best foundation i have ever used! the coverage is excellent and it lasts all day. I have very oily skin and it doesn't make my skin matt in any way so i use a translucent powder over the top. It also doubles as a concealer. The price is ok because a bottle can last months. I do suffer breakouts and it has never clogged my pores and caused black/white heads! I am on to my second bottle now and would say this is estee lauders best product by far.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sampucka

i tried this foundation about 2 years ago for the first time i was totally hooked very good coverage lasts the day the 2 major things i look for in a foundation, i really do like this foundation as a weekend/going out foundation it does break me out abit but even still i always have a bottle hanging around and people always comment on my make up when im wearing it!! worth having a bottle kicking around for them flawless face days, just be sure you get the right colour cause the colours can be abit iffy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by BeeStrong

I love this product. I have never experienced a foundation that covers completely. In my opinion this foundation is worth the price, based on the quality it produces.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by espinovale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this foundation in Bone and I love it because I didn't have to blot as often. I used to wear Mac studio fix nc15, iwas bumed because my new foudation did ot come with a pump so decided to try the pump from the Studio fix and it worked.....they sell for@$4.50 at the Mac counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Have worn DW for several years now. Occasionally I try other foundations, but always end up using DW again. Fresco is a good match for me, although I will use Dusk powder on top once in awhile. I do not find it too heavy, but I apply it with a light hand, using either a foundation brush or the dampened SK purple sponge. I wear it over BB Vitamin Base, I do find that DW applies best with a good moisturizer underneath, and make sure you exfoliate if needed, as this really emphasizes any flaky patches. I don't find it heavy, tight, or masklike if you apply lightly. One of the benefits is that I don't have to wear undereye concealer with DW. I do wish the bottle had a pump or it was in a tube, but it's worth the trouble. My skin doesn't look exactly flawless with this (I have some age spots and discoloration which peek through), but it looks smooth, polished and professional. I am a nurse and it's the only foundation I have found that lasts during my entire shift, or in the southern california summer. Hope they never d/c this foundation...
ADDENDUM: Soon after leaving the above review, I noticed that the Fresco was too dark in the sunlight. I have been religously using sunscreen, and think I haven't made the adjustment to having much lighter skin now. Went to the counter and the SA matched me with Ecru, a much better color for me now (MAC SA told me I was NW20). Also bought a MAC foundation pump ($5) and love DW again...
UPDATE: Wore this for years. Last year, at the age of 51, I noticed I wasn't getting compliments on my skin anymore. I changed to a lighter foundation and people started commenting again on my complexion. I am coming around to the belief that for us older ladies, less coverage is more.