Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 11/25/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really dislike this lip balm. I got it in Cherry Me, and I love the color. However, it dried out my lips so bad that it stung. When I put it on it felt like I was wearing cheap Barbie lipstick. I gave it 2 lippies because of the cute packaging and the nice color. But I would not recommend this product.

on 11/25/2011 3:47:00 PM

Having never worn any kind of lip balm,gloss or other(I always end up licking the nasty taste off of my lips or looking like a tranny)I don't have anything to compare this product to.I kept seeing Baby lip ads in all of the glossy magazines and knew i had to have it. The price is pretty good for a tube the size of a lipstick and the packaging caught my eye because it reminds me of art.When i swiped it on, i fell in love with the color Cherry Me gave to my lips and i could have sworn that the next day my itty bitty top lip was a little plumper.I'll never be much of a lips girl but i might if Maybelline keeps producing a great products like this.

on 11/25/2011 11:08:00 AM

i like that it smells like honey.
however, i find it's too greasy yet doesn't get absorbed properly. it just sits there.
the balm has been half priced in the supermarkets and i'm even not gonna try again..

on 11/25/2011 11:05:00 AM

I have 3 of these: cherry, peach, and clear.

The cherry is my favorite because it's the perfect natural red lip. No matter what eyeshadow or outfit I'm wearing, this glossy red shade fits and brightens my face. And even though it's sheer, you can swipe it a few times, and the red stain will last for hours. The price is incredible considering how versatile and wearable this balm is, and I love the spf 20. I'm motivated to try the purple shade to see if it's similar to Clinique's Black Honey.

I don't wear the peach too often because my lips are naturally pale, so I typically try to add color to them rather than go for a nude look. And I gave the clear stick to my daughter who was happy to get it.

So this is getting 4 stars, overall, instead of 5, since I think the red shade is the only real standout thus far. But it's really worth looking into, especially for the price and high spf.

on 11/25/2011 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this today in Quenched and I absolutely love it! The smell is hard to describe, but it's summery and light in my opinion. I really like how this lip balm moisturizes my lips a lot, and that it's also reasonably priced! The tint is sheer, but it has a pretty sparkle, so I can wear it anywhere. Overall I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a cheap lip balm that actually works.

on 11/24/2011 10:42:00 PM

The texture to this lip balm is rather interesting. They give a glossy shine, an illusion of moisturized lips but without much actual moisture... Infact on some days, it just downright feels dryer after I put this on that before using it. Got this in Peach Kiss since it seemed like a nude shade and I love the scent of peach. The scent is a lovely candy peach and you can't detect any aftertaste for the SPF which is great however the lack of moisture and the minimal almost nonexistent tint with these really does not convince me to try others. While the color seems nice in the tube, on my not so pigmented lips I just get a pearly shimmer which does not look so appealing if you apply a few layers. I've honestly had better experiences with some tinted-type lip balms from Lip Smackers so I won't be buying this again. Even at $4, my purchase seems like a waste.

on 11/24/2011 10:05:00 PM

PROS:
-it smelt good.
-went on easy.
-SUPER cute packaging
CONS:
-i didn't really see a difference in my lips.
like for a lip balm it should make my lips baby smooth...which it didnt.
-it also emphasized my lips chappy-ness when i was having a bad lips day.
which was NOT cute at all.

summery:
i would probably not buy this product again. its cute and cheap but i can get Vaseline for cheaper and its more effective.

on 11/24/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this lip balm in peppermint. It is clear with a slight minty smell. It goes on so smooth and creates a great shine! After just one day, my dry lips were so much better. It isn't too heavy, and looks good alone or with lip color underneath. I do have to reapply often, but I always have it with me so I don't mind. I would buy this again!

on 11/23/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good tinted lip balm for a while, and I saw this for a good price. I got this in Peach Kiss. I do not like it at all. There's no color, you can only see shimmer when you put it on. It's wayyy to shimmery. It doesn't really moisturize my lips well, and becomes dry like less than half an hour after I put it on. It's not worth getting, for color or for lip treatment. Maybe I'll try the cherry one, for the color, but other than that, I would not buy this again.

on 11/23/2011 4:19:00 PM

I love the smell and taste of PEACH KISS, it's a fresh and sweet lip balm, that reminds me of my younger years. Not only is the packaging very cute and flirty, but the lip balm it's self is very smooth. The reason I didn't give it Five Stars, is because it seems to need to be reapplied more frequently than other lipbalms. It somewhat keeps my lips soft, though not as well as , say, Soft Lips, my favorite lip balm. Though it does have 20 SPF, which is always a plus. I would recommend this, if your looking for a cheap lipbalm that is new, and trendy.

Popular Lip Treatments