December 28, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Weird review here...I marked this an overall 3 lippies even though there's something in this my lips LOVE. No kidding, after 24 hours of wear, I have moisturized lips with no peeling. That having been said, there are downsides. One is the packaging. Although the huge lettering and colored tubes smack of the 70s, not everyone is going to go for that. Secondly, it has SPF 20 and while that's a benefit to me (and I think should be for everyone), some people just don't like added SPF in lip products. Third, I can feel the tubes wiggle a bit in their cylinders which leads me to believe you better not roll this up too far or risk breakage. Last, as others have mentioned, this does tend to sit on your lips but on mine, something IS sinking in. Reapplication is frequently necessary. As another consideration, I purchased Grape and Peach Kiss. My preference is the peach color but only because I prefer sheer nude. I don't think this is going to show much on anybody. Grape is a cool....well, grape and while it looks ok on my complexion, it's not nearly as dark as it might appear in the tube. I paid $4.19 USD for one at CVS but got the second one free so value wise, it's alright. I personally would consider buying these again but I'm not sure everyone is going to love them at all. There is a fruity fragrance but little to no taste.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh.

I am addicted to lip balms, and 'balm-ish' lip tints,
especially during the colder months.

Since I adore Clinique's Black HOney lip gloss,
I hope that the Grape Vine tint of this product
might be a cheap alternative.

But.. meh. No color shows up at all.
The clear version is ok, but nothing to write home about.

So I went back to the Walgreen's and got 2 of the
Carmex lip treatments- BOGO...
cheaper and effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by watarimono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually don't review, but I had to weigh in here.. I bought Pink Punch after doing quite a bit of research online- reading customer reviews and looking at swatches and lip swatches. It appeared to be a balm with the slightest wash of bright, pale pink- exactly what I was looking for. So I went out and bought it. Tubes a little on the large size, but it was cheap enough at $2.97. Once home, I swiped some on bare lips. the result was SHOCKING! A Vivid bright pink thats nearly opaque on my lips. It looks like serious party lipstick- like something out of a nicki minaj video. Maybellines Fuschia Fever comes to mind. Not what I was looking for or expected. I will admit, I am very pale so maybe it was the contrast of the bright pink with my skin that was so shocking, so maybe this is best on medium to dark skin tones. I was just disappointed as I wanted a sheer wash of color- something natural and not over-the top noticeable as this turned out to be. Maybe I got some from a weird batch? When i wore it I looked like a young girl playing dress up- too much color. I don't know how little I would have to apply to get the light bare wash-- maybe just a finger-taps worth over another balm? Sounds like too much trouble! Needless to say, for me this is not a repurchase or even something for daytime wear.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Baby Lips for about a week and a half now. Although on the package they state it will improve your lips in 4 weeks I can usually tells after a few days if a lip balm is making my lips better or drying them out. So far what I notice is they make my lips feel nice while it's on, but after it wears off there isn't any lasting affect. My lips aren't in any better condition, but at least they aren't any worse like what happens with so many chapsticks I've tried.

I purchased Grape Vine and Quenched. Grape Vine is the darkest color of the collection, but it's barely noticible on me. I was hoping it would leave a nice berry tint on my lips. Maybe someone with really pale lips could see it on them. This has a very sweet candy grape scent which reminds me of grape cough syrup. Oddly enough it doesn't have much of a taste.

Quenched is clear, has a slightly fruity scent and also little taste. Both of them have a slick, moist texture. It doesn't feel waxy, which is great because it's one thing I hate about most chapsticks. The texture reminds me a lot of Lip Smackers. It leaves a moist sheen on your lips but is not as shiny as lip gloss.

While I like the way they feel on my lips and the cute packaging, I'm not wowed by them. They're not a substitute for chapstick but they're fun to wear instead of lipgloss. I feel they're a bit overpriced at over $4 at CVS. I'd probably like these better if I bought a color that was more pigmented. All in all I'd say these are just ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was first attracted to the packaging -- very loud and 80's/90's graffiti. Since the weather is getting cooler, I have quite chapped lips, so I was looking for a balm that didn't have too much color and that would smooth out my lips. I got the Peach shade, which shows up as a light beige-peach on my lips.

Aside from the color, I don't like much else about this balm. It feels like chapstick kn the lips, and sort of just "sits" on the lip without penetrating. Also, the SPF 20, while a nice feature, gives the balm a sunscreen smell/taste which is quite strong. It even overrides the faux-peach scent.

Overall, not happy with this and glad I only paid $3 or so for it.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MiFeng

Maybelline "Baby Lips" is a wonderful little new lip balm! I first saw these on eleventhgorgeous and ran out to buy them asap! I bought the colors Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. Pink Punch is a bright pink with blue undertones and peach kiss is a soft nude color. They retailed at CVS for $4.29 each but they were on a BOGO 50%Off and using $4.00 Extra Care points I the total for 2 of them was $2.90 so they aren't terribly pricey. (But compared to the generic ones they are on the pricey side)

They have a very nice but not over-the-top color payoff. In my book, that is perfect for school/work!

In my opinion I don't think they needed all of the claims of "Visibly less dry/less rough lips/ more supple/ better looking lips" They all seemed to being saying the same thing of "This is going to be the same as Chapstick but cuter!"

I wouldn't advice using at the horrific stages of chapped lips. I just use it for a day to day use it you want the fun color, SPF 20, and the cute eye-catching packaging in your makeup bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a really nice product when it first goes on and I love the color. I was so excited to try this and how my lips felt right after applying...my lips feel uber soft after application but after about 30 minutes, the lips start to feel dry/sticky. This is a sure sign that frequent use of this product would eventually dehydrate my lips, reminds me of the days I used to be addicted to the dreaded Chapstick and how my lips felt and how frequently I had to apply it. Surely don't want to revisit those days again!!! I also am not fond of the fat shape of the balm. Makes for difficult application near the corners.
So alas, I will say while I LOVE the color (I have cherry) and I love how it feels when it first goes on, I will not be repurchasing. Bummer...I really wanted it to work:( I wish I could find a tinted balm that doesn't turn lips dry and sticky after 20-30 minutes...if anyone has a recommendation, shoot me a message!! I'd love to hear about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by brittany9896

It's moisturizing, and the scent is very mild and pleasant,
My favourite lip balm:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I had read raves about this lip balm so I definitely wanted to try it. I searched and finally found it at a Walgreens. I love the cute colorful packaging and variety of formulas & colors. Each balm has SPF20, is clinical strength, and is supposed to deliver 8 hour moisture & renewal. I purchased Peach Kiss and Peppermint. Peach Kiss is tinted with a pretty peach color which has sheen to it and Peppermint is just like a regular balm; no color. Both smell good, feel moisturizing, long lasting, and affordable. I recommend these balms for Fall and Winter. I think these were released just in time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by prettybiqface

- When i first heard about ''Baby Lips" and saw the ad , i had to have it ! i am a big fan of maybelline products ! Recently i purchased Maybelline Baby Lips PINK PUNCH . i love it . i always wanted to find that rich pink color , but i am not a fan of lipstick . this lip balm does just that . its great especially if you love color and its so smooth and did i mention AFFORDABLE , my lips now are very moisturized i love it and i will be purchasing all the other kinds very soon !