November 27, 2014 | 1511 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by raeong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipbalm because my friend raved about it for the longest time, and I thought it was about time I bought new lipbalm for myself since it was autumn and my lips were beginning to crack. Took a break from Lucas' Papaw and got this one in Anti-oxidant Berry from Priceline Pharmacy for about AUD 3 or 4. The first thing I noticed was the cute packaging! The second thing was the super fruity, candy-like scent; which I adore. Unfortunately I strongly disliked the taste of the lipbalm, which reminded me of sunblock. I used to apply the lipbalm before sleeping, and when I woke up the next day my lips would be super duper soft! That being said, aside from the less than palatable taste, I'd definitely repurchase this lipbalm :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cougchick

I got the clear stuff in the blue tube. I'm not going to lie the advertising and the really cute packaging totally sucked me into buying this. I have tons of lip glosses and balms, but wanted something that was clear and basic.

I'm impressed that this stuff doesn't leave a white line on the inner rim of my lips like 90% of other lip balms do for me, so that was a huge plus for me. Also, for summer I like the fact that it has spf 20. Overall, I would totally buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking at these at ulta.com and decided to pick one up at CVS for $4.50. The Cherry Me is the one I went with. It looks scary-red in the tube but applies a sheer cherry/ berry red shade. It provides a bit of shine and moisture, but it's not *too* shiny. It goes very nicely with my medium brown hair/ fair skin (with a rosy undertone). I like that it has spf protection & comes in a neat little tube. It's everything I wanted but didn't get in the Burt Bee's lip tint (no spf) and Covergirl Naturelux (couldn't find the right shade)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Sasswagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been through many many lip balms in the last few years, since my lips now tend to flake and peel when dry. My main criteria for balms now is that they keep the flaking at bay so that if I do want to wear lipstick or gloss, I don't end up with pigment collected in my lip flakes (ew, sorry for TMI there). This does a pretty good job of smoothing down my lips without making the flaking worse. It also doesn't feel thick or waxy - I don't find myself wanting to wipe it off, and I can reapply without feeling like there's a lot of buildup. The downside to the thin texture, though, is that it does need frequent reapplication - every hour or hour and a half or so. I have Quenched (clear) and I don't find the scent overpowering; it's definitely candy-like, but not offensive. Whether it seems expensive depends on what you compare it to; I personally have bought much pricier ones so I have no complaints. This will stay in my regular lip balm rotation at least until the next purse cleanout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also love this product. I have it in the cherry, grape and peach varieties. Now, I'm not very picky about the odor and taste of my cosmetics, and I don't find these unpleasant on either count. The cherry is my favorite, especially for light makeup days. It gives my rather unpigmented lips a very fresh wash of reddish pink...I'm actually quite obsessed with this lip balm right now. The grape is also very flattering. It's got enough pink in it to not give the look of hypothermic lips. The peach on me is not very noticeable, but I like it anyway. I find the unwaxy texture of these to be very nice, especially since I unconsiously smoosh my lips together alot. They also last well on me....a couple of hours at least. Ironically, especially when you consider how juvenile the packaging is, I feel like the look on my lips is pleasantly grown-up, and the amount of shine these provide on my lips is just perfect for me at age 44...I don't care for a very wet-shine gloss at this age.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by melanie721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to balance out some of these more negative reviews. I got this in Pink Punch and Cherry Me- I prefer the cherry one simply because the shade is more flattering on me and the cherry scent is delicious, but I love them both. They are just as moisturizing as my eos and covergirl natureluxe lip balms- and more so than my Burt's Bees and Covergirl lipslick balm (which is a terrible balm IMO). My lips are very pouty so my bottom lip has a tendency to get chapped on the bottom while the upper half stays smooth and these keep it soft and smooth all day. They smell amazing and they give amazing pigmentation for what they are- I have very pigmented lips and these still show up. They are also a lot cheaper at 2.97 than any other lip balm at my local stores. So comparing them to the other balms available to me- they have spf 20, are cheaper, come in a range of shades, smell amazing, and are just as much, if not more, moisturizing. I would recommend these to anyone and my bf loves the way they smell too :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two of these (cherry and quench) at CVS and honestly I am just disappointed. All the hype for basic/generic lip balms?? At $4 they are a bit pricey too! Cute packaging though! I will stick to my EOS or Cherry Vaseline :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saw this adorable packaging at CVS and bought it without much thought. For $4, it was cute enough to try. It smells good, tastes pretty good, and adds a bit of color. The spf 20 was the clincher for me-- hard to find that in a balm that doesn't smell horrible. Would recommend as it's a fun, cheapy thing to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by hoodwives34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm baffled as to why this product didn't get constant 5 stars! I love it! The color I use is pink punch. I'm a African American with dark skin and I've already received several compliments! It's only $2.97 at my local drug store.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously cannot believe how everyone doesn't give this product 5 stars! It is one of the greatest lip balms I've ever had!!! It moisterizes and smells awesome! :) Best thing ever!