Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

i like this liner. the brush it comes with works well enough. much better than spending 20 some dollars on a brush. The color payoff is alright. two layers is usually enough. its staying power is what makes is amazing. this thing doesn't crease, run, smear...nothing! it stays put all day! i would definitely buy this liner again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

I have this in charcoal, brown and eggplant, and I must say that of all of the gel eyeliners that I have tried (Smashbox, L'Oreal HIP), it is by far the best. It is creamier and easier to get a precise line without skipping. I use it over Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer and even though I live in a horrendously humid climate, it holds up really well. The top lid never smudges, and occasionally, I may have a tiny bit of smudging on the lower lid, but not enough to warrant not using this product. I like the size of the pot, as with the L'Oreal, the pot was so huge that it would go rancid (you could tell by the "off" odor) long before you'd finish using the product. This pot size is more similar to the smashbox jet set gel liner, and in my opinion, it's just as good a product at a fraction of the cost. The charcoal gives a more dramatic look, and the aubergine (eggplant) is a very soft color, not as dramatic or noticeable, but still a nice color if you want a more understated look. Great product and I will continue to use it. I apply this with my Merle Norman brush that is intended for use with their gel eyeliner.

This is amazing! The brush is a great length and makes it super easy to apply. I have Blackest Black and it is perfect. It's cheaper than L'Oreal's HIP gel liner, but I did even better as I got it 40% off plus a $1 coupon at RiteAid making it around $5.50.

I bought the charcoal shade. It is a shimmery steel-grey shade. I like the color very much. It is not too much. Other gel eyeliners can look heavy and hard. I love BB's but there are few soft shades to choose from. I didn't use the brush included with the gel because I knew better. I bought an ecotools eyeliner brush that did a great job. It's comparable to my MAC266 eyeliner brush at a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Awesome product. I heard that this was the #1 eyeliner in Japan, so I just had to try because I've tried so many Japanese eyeliners that were so much superior to the ones here...

This products is very pigmented, stays on, and is CHEAP. I used to use Bobbi Brown's gel liner with the Bobbi Brown eye liner brush and felt it uneccessary to pay so much for an eyeliner.

Well, this product works just as well as the Bobbi Brown product and is wayyy cheaper! Not only that, but it comes with a decent liner brush that gives clean lines! Total drugstore win!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first gel eyeliner I've ever tried, and it's super easy to use. Basically if you can line your eyes with a pencil eyeliner, you'll have no trouble using this liner. The brush it comes with is thin and easy to use - works very much like a pencil. I didn't experience any smudging after 8 hours of wear, and the black is dark enough for me. The product comes in a glass pot that has a nice weight, and keeps it from drying out. I've been using almost daily for about a month and it's still as good as the first time I used it.

This is my first eyeliner gel type.
I usually use liquid eyeliner.
It stays on 24/7

Con - have to wash the brush EVERYDAY to b able to use the next day.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this!

Staying power: Every eyeliner I've ever tried has creased on my eyelids (Asian double hidden lids) so I am a constant hunt for liners with real staying power. This does come off if you touch it, but it stands up in the hot humid Hong Kong summer, creases and smudges minimally with a primer on upper lids (even the winged bit is intact!).

Application: I find it no harder to apply than Kanebo KATE's gel liner and the brush is just as good quality. I have it in Black and the pigment is buildable, which I like. Thickness and soft/hardness can be easily controlled, as with any gel liner.

Packaging: Durable considering it's glass! I clumsily dropped the glass bottle which bounced forcefully off the floortiles, and although I see internal damage, the glass is so thick that it touches neither edge so it's not a problem.

i like how its easy to apply and the gel does last you a while and doesnt run out for a long time. BUT, what i don't like about this is, it is easy to apply, but WAY too easy to mess up, when applying to the top lid, as for the water line, you have to put several layers on before it actually stays on your water line good and black. (some of it gets in your eyes) and if you put too much on, it flakes off. and it doesnt last me more than a couple hours till it goops up into the corner of my eye and looks gross. plus it doesnt last an hour at the water line.

i dont like this. its not long lasting and easy to screw up when applying.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i absolutely love this eyeliner! i've always had the problem of other liners, pencil or liquid, transfering into my crease during the day because my eyelids virtually disappear when my eyes are opened. but this liner does not! it stays on all day at work, and i work at a restaurant and get all hot and gross throughout the day. it's super pigmented and the black is super dark, the way it should be. even the brush it comes with is pretty nice.

Video Reviews & Tutorials