October 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the good reviews on this product, I wanted to try it myself so I went out to buy it. The texture of the gel is very creamy and smooth, the brush is alright, a little bit too dense for my taste. I think an angled brush works better imo~ however for the price the quality is quite good. The liner stays long like everyone says, and is actually a bit hard to wash off. However overall I would say that this a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is excellent gel eye liner. I concur with all the positive things other posters have had to say about this eye liner. I own it in all the colors available.
I wanted to suggest to the ladies that are on a budget at the moment that this eye liner is on par and of equal quality to all of the high end gel eye liners I have purchased in the past. This is an amazing product for the price. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cmayo72

I just bought this yesterday and its my new favorite product! I can't believe how easy it is to apply. The brush is really nice and the perfect angle to effortlessly do the "cat eye" look or those little wings. It stays put all day without flaking or creasing - I kind of can't believe how amazing this stuff is. The only downfall is that for me, it could be a bit denser. I had to put a few coats to get the dark color I wanted. Otherwise, this is really great. As good if not better than some high-end gel liners I've used and half the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this but honestly its nothing special. I actually like my HIP cream liner better & my MAC. I tried this as a base but it just didn't do as well as i had hoped. Guess its back to the store to pick up either HIP eggplant or MAC macroviolet.
UPDATE: i really dislike this, it seems so much drier than other cream/gel eyeliners. Taking away a star for this reason. The color is great but the liner is blah.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by blubandit85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline and not smudge and I finally found it. The Wet'n'Wild cream liner was nice but it got onto my contacts and scratch them up. It was very uncomfortable. This this liner is very black and goes on so smooth and if it does get onto my contacts wears away in about an hour of blinking or so. I can deal with that. I did put it on my eyelid and it went on very smooth also. I will repurchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by cinderella235

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely going to use this for a long time. I've recently gotten into using gel/cream liners, and I was using the mac fluidline and smashbox liners but found I couldn't always afford them. I'm glad that I can finally find a gel eyeliner within my price range, and one that doesn't smudge or disappear on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by PiiinkPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite eyeliner of all time. I prefer the finishing of liquid/cream over pencil eyeliners, and this is the best that I have tried. I've tried Mac fluid lines, Stila smudge pots, Bobbi Brown gel liners, and they all smudged on me.

I don't usually buy drugstore makeup but picked this liner up based on great reviews in forums, and have been wearing it everyday for a year. It has never flaked or smudged on me, even when I wore it in a triathlon (yes I know how horribly vain that sounds!), and it stayed on through the sea swim and running through sprinklers. The lasting power is very impressive.

I like the texture of the liner -it's so creamy and smooth that I can control the thickness of the line really easily. Using a Stila flat brush, or an angled eyeliner brush, I can get a teeny thin line, or a more dramatic cat-eye line look, and the finishing is always immaculate. I'm not really a fan of the little brush that comes with this, but I don't liked curved brushes for applying eyeliner in general.

It's priced really reasonably here in Singapore, at less than SGD20, but I would buy it even if it was more pricey, because the quality and performance of this little liner trumps every other liner I've tried. I also like how one pot lasts for ages, and stays creamy without drying out (like the Bobbi liners)

The only cons I can think of are:
-Limited color selection: I've only seen two shades of this in Asia -black (a true black) and brown (a rich, dark, mushroom brown with gold flecks), but both work great for me because I'm not adventurous with eyeliner
-The packaging looks a little cheap (the pot itself is fine but the lid gets little scratches and dings really easily) but eyeliner isn't something that I tote around for touch-ups so that's fine by me

[EDIT TO ADD] it's been more than a year and a few pots later, and I am still loving this! the formula hasn't changed. also, there's a new color in this range, a pretty deep purple, so that reduces the color-selection con somewhat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very basic cream eyeliner. I do have a little problem with the eyeliner transferring to the bottom of my eyes and I hate wiping my eyes because I just feel like I'm wiping myself to wrinkles. I don't know if it's just my mascara expiring or if it's just this eyeliner isn't very friendly to the lash line (I'll try to update this after I get a new tube of mascara and get down to this problem). It was a nice black colour, very easy to glide on the eye and it actually has very nice staying power. I tested this on my hand before school, I forgot to wash it off, and no matter how much I smudged or washed with soap, this would not budge, a very good sign. The brush that it comes with this is very precise however I prefer thicker lines and using the flat side is much too thick, so I purchased my own angled eyeliner brush and it worked perfectly. Using an angled eyeliner brush it is much quicker to apply with and is easy to control. I, however, don't like how I cant see the product on the inside of the pot, even though it has quite a thick base and yet there's nothing being displayed. Either way, a very good, basic cream eyeliner. Would purchase again, but only on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by denee85

I've only used this one a few times since I prefer the liquid liners.
It didn't go on dark enough for me and I had to 'go-over' it a few times to get the deep color I desired.
It didn't appear to be water resistant and that's important to me...Overall it did have a nice brush and wasn't too bad if gel is what you like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

Pros:
1. very creamy and easy to apply
2. good color pay off
3. excellent brush
4. available at most drugstores

Cons:
1. smudges like CRAZY even with powder on my lids (worked well with the Clinique cream liner) and I looked like a raccoon within fours hours.
2. quite expensive for a drugstore product-- about $10

Overall, I will not buy this product again. I will rather spend a few more bucks to get a better quality eyeliner.