Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/28/2010 11:21:00 PM

This is my first cream eyeliner and I must say that I am impressed, considering its price. Been using pencils and liquid liners all along and finally decided to get a cream/gel one after reading the reviews here. I really like it! Pencils don't last long and usually smudge after 1-2 hours, and my liquid liner from body shop tends to make my eyes sting really bad. The brush applicator that comes with the pot is very easy to work with and Iasted for 6 hrs! Furthermore it didn't crease or smudge at all. Before applying it I actually primed my eye with a concealer and I think tht helped with the staying ability as well. I got the liner in brown cause I think it looks less harsh on my fairer skin tone. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative and still want quality, I'd definetely recommend this. 5 lippies!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I was running out of L'oreal HIP cream liner so I thought i'd give this a try, so I bought it in black. The color isn't very pigmented and seems very sheer (it took several coats to get it dark enough, while HIP only takes one). The texture isn't bad, but it smudged very easily. The only reason I decided to keep it is because I really love the brush it came with.

on 4/26/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

well this an OK gel eyeliner . not a big deal . some parts just disappear and others break into my eyes . the only good part is the brush which is really good . I didn't return it only because of brush . take my advice and don't waste your money .

on 4/26/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of gel liner and when I found out about this I just had to pick it up. I got it in eggplant. It doesn't go on smoothly like the gel liners I have and it smudges as well. Instead of using it as a liner I use it as a base.

on 4/24/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing a lot of positive feedback on this gel eyeliner, I decided to give it a try (was only $7USD at a local Rite-Aid). I got it in Charcoal and it came with a brush. I didn't use the brush because I wasn't a fan of tiny brushes (I preferred my MAC 266 better). The eyeliner smeared a bit for me but it lasted 6+ hours which I thought was AMAZING for a drugstore brand. The color wasn't that great but only because it was a bit shimmery (not a fan of shimmery stuff) and I wasn't able to get a hold of the blackest color. The texture is smooth and it goes on the same way. I probably won't be using this eyeliner as often but for the price, I think it's worth it. Probably the best gel eyeliner for drugstores in my opinion. I probably won't buy this color again but I do want to give Blackest Black a try.

on 4/23/2010 6:57:00 PM

I have a lot of gel liners (too many, probably) , and while this one is okay I'm not too enthusiastic about it overall. On the plus side, I love that this comes in a charcoal color, which I find more flattering on me than black and good for making hazel/green eyes pop. The liner goes on smoothly and doesn't tug or pull, and the packaging is solid. On the negative side...yeah, this one might be a bit too soft of a gel, as it does smudge a bit on me. Not too much on the lower eye but definitely on the eyelid, and that's even with using UDPP. It's not terrible and it usually blends with my eyeshadow color, but it does smudge and that's disappointing. So -- I like this and will continue to use it as the color is perfect, but when I'm finished with it I will continue my search for the perfect charcoal gel liner.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this at Duane Reade for $10. This is the first gel eyeliner I bought and I really love it!!! The brush that comes with the eyeliner is really good for making thin lines and is flat. This eyeliner is definitely my HG gel eyeliner!!!

on 4/23/2010 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this product is ok only.. reason why i'm giving three lippies is because it smudges on me.. maybe it's because of my eye type.. i'm asian and my lids are kinda like half double eyelid.. so whenever i put any eyeliner on..it just smears on my lid after a while. i got this in charcoal.. (i shoulda gotten it in black) charcoal is not dark enough for me.. . i love the texture of this gel liner though.. applies on so smoothly.. and i love the brush that comes with it.. thin for easy application.. not coarse or hard on the eyes.. overall.. great product if you do not have weird eyelids like i do.. lol :D

on 4/23/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I do like this gel liner. I only started using gel liners a couple months ago and so far I love them. I got this liner in brown and it has an ok staying power. It did smudge a little for me but that may be because I have oily lids. The color is true and goes on pretty smoothe. The price was pretty reasonable because I had a $2 off coupon so I only paid $6.49 USD. I would definitely recommend this product for gel liner users!

At first I thought I loved this product, but the more I used it the more smudgy and creasing I noticed when I used it. I would honestly rather wear no eyeliner at all than an eyeliner that smudges all over my eye and gets into my crease. Overall, not a very good eyeliner. Would not buy it again. Although I did like the packaging.

Video Reviews & Tutorials