September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will be the first to admit that I am not skilled at eyeliner application. I'm not too crazy about pencil liners, and I absolutely hate liquid. Before this, I had been using Bobbi Brown, but I was getting tired of paying the price, and quite honestly I didn't think it was worth it. MAC Fluidline flaked and smudged on me.

So anyway, I had been eyeing this everytime I would go into Rite Aid, contemplating whether to get it, but always chickening out. When I saw that it had MUA's seal of approval, I decided to give it a shot.

Whelp, I'm in love people. This is one amazing gel liner. It lasts all day, doesn't smudge, flake, or get in my eyes. (I wear contacts) I have it in Blackest Black and Eggplant, and I intend to add Charcoal and Brown to my collection also.

The best thing about this eyeliner though, is the brush. Usually drugstore gel liners have the crappiest of brushes. (aka, L'oreal HIP!)
The brush is flat and small, and very dense. It's easy to make a thin or thick line, depending on which side of the brush you use. It's perfect for making wings, which I had trouble with before.

I LOVE THIS EYELINER! HG. Period.
Try it out, you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Me2ffc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in purple...after wearing it for a while, it started looking brown to me (but I think that's just me because I'm used to wearing brown liquid liner)

I really like the brush and how smoothly it went on my lid...definitely satisfied with this product, and I got it for only $3.69 at Rite Aid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Before finding these little gems, I was wearing UD 24/7 liners and BB. I honestly bought it for the brush that comes with it, because I was getting tired of my Smashbox liner brush and wanted something flat. I didn't think I would even like the actual liners, but I honestly LOVE them. Since I bought this, I haven't ONCE reached for my high-end liners. Charcoal is my favorite. It literally goes with anything! It starts out a little sheer and can be quickly built up to an opaque layer. On top of my primer (I like UDPP or E.L.F. mineral primer), it lasts an entire day with barely any fading. I will absolutely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupdivajunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried gel liners from big players such as Smashbox and Bobbi Brown. I have tried countless other eyeliners and nothing compares to this product. Application is smooth and not clumpy. It doesn't dry out like the other brands. Maybelline hit it out of the ball park with this product. Affordable and with an even better formula than all other liners I have tried...I will never stop buying this one! You must try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Femiluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't smude, lasts all day, easy to apply, affordable - I love this eyeliner!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in brown because I have been looking for a gel liner that is similar to the wet n wild one I use all the time. This is way to creamy for me and just not dark enough- I can still see my skin through the liner. WnW is the best drugstore gel liner hands down but they don't have a variety of shades. I was hoping this would be what I had been hoping for but its not and I never use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I adore this product also! That seems to be the trend here. This is the first gel/creme eyeliner I've ever tried. It was a very small learning curve to figure out how to use it. I will say that this is actually easier to use than a liquid, pencil, powder or pen. I originally started with a pencil, which can be tough to get a bold line. Powders have fallout. A pen always looks like you literally used a magic marker. And a liquid can be hard to control and get out of control really quickly. This is perfect. A bold, perfectly controlled line. This also miraculously enables me to achieve a cat eye a lot easier too. The brush that comes with this is perfect also, but requires cleaning about every two applications, which can be sort of inconvenient. This doesn't smudge, run, flake, or do anything silly. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I have this eyeliner in Eggplant and Blackest Black.
I got the Eggplant first, because everywhere I went was sold out of Black. I really wasn't all that impressed with the Eggplant. It's not opaque enough for me, and I feel like I have to keep going over the line to get it to the intensity level that I want.
At first I thought that I was having trouble applying it because I'm not very experienced with gel eyeliners (my only previous gel experience was with L'Oreal's HIP, which I didn't really like). But when I finally got my hands on this eyeliner in Black, the experience was much different.
The Black is waaay better than the Eggplant. Black is much easier to work with, and I get a bold, dark line in just one swipe. I didn't need to keep retracing the line with the Black one like I did with Eggplant.
And I love the brush that it comes with! The brush that L'Oreal's HIP came with was absolutely horrid. I think that may have been a large reason why I didn't like HIP to begin with. I was expecting the same poor quality from the Maybelline brush, but was pleasantly surprised. The brush makes applying this eyeliner super easy. And depending on how I hold it, I can get either a thin line or a thicker, more dramatic one.
The staying power on this liner is pretty good. I find that it really does stay on all day as promised on the package, and I never have to reapply. However, it does smudge a bit and sometimes leaves a darkish smudge in the crease of my eyelid. I took one lippie off due to that.
Overall, this is a great drug store gel liner. Glad that I held out for the Black before I formed my final opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hbeeteevee

I love this liner, especially because of the price. It's just like M.A.C. fluidline in blacktrack but much cheaper. Works very well if you know how to use liquid liner. Comes with a perfect little liner brush, I wore this as a classic dark line with mac paintpot in fresco rose as a base, mac shroom all the way up to my lids. Finished my face off with Smashbox blush in candid (love this so much) this black gel liner gives the perfect classic makeup. So fresh and beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my first experience with a gel liner, so I don't really have anything to compare it too, but here we go. I had been wanting to try this for some time, I like the idea of a gel liner but didn't want to shell out the money for a HE brand and not like it. I heard some bad reviews on the L'Oreal HIP liner so when I saw this I had to try it. I am still new at the application of this, it is easy enough though. The brush is nice, and the color is nice and black ( I bought it in black). The packaging is nice, a little glass jar. The price was a bit steep for a drugstore brand (around 10 dollars at my local rite aid), but cheaper than most HE gel liners. It has good staying power. it does smudge a bit when I do a cat eye, but nothing terrible. Overall I liked this, and will probably re purchase when I run out.