July 23, 2014 | 2045 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am an eyeliner girl, I will admit it. If I only have five minutes to do makeup rushed in the morning, you can always count on eyeliner being at the top of that rush list.

That being said, I am absolutely in love with this gel eyeliner! I've tried everything, from powder eyeliner, to liquid, to pen, to pencil - I think this one outperforms the majority of them (which is really something given that this is maybe only $10 as opposed to my $24 dior eyeliner).

It comes in a chic small pot with a small brush for application. You just swap some product on the brush and start lining. When you first start using the gel, not a lot will come off on the brush which can be pretty disappointing. You'll end up having to keep re-lining over the same line to get a more opaque look. Don't be discouraged! Once a small indentation in the gel starts forming, you can get more product on the brush easier and you'll get a bold line right away - if that's what you're going for.

Lasting power, I'd say is ridiculously long. I'll go to sleep with this eyeliner on and wake up with it on exactly how I left it the night before! Even the cat-eye flicks were still there!

The only thing I dislike is having to use a brush, which is a minor thing. The little plastic cap that comes with the brush has already fallen off in my makeup bag more than once - but not a big deal. Given the lasting power of this gel, I'd definitely buy it again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ClarkstonsMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have always HATED eyeliner of any sort, using eyeshadow if I wanted the lined look. I hated pencils, liquid and never tried the newer gels and creams until I took a chance and invested in a pot of eggplant gel liner by Maybelline. The stuff is amazing. I love the brush that comes with it and for my first time using a gel liner, I did an awesome cat eye...FIRST TIME EVER! The consistency is perfect, not runny or wet like liquid and not chalky like pencil, the brush is perfectly firm yet soft, and if you're patient, within a couple minutes, the gel liner dries and does NOT smudge. I went back right away and bought the other 3 colors. This is the only eyeliner I will ever use so I'm praying they do NOT discontinue it! Good stuff gals!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great - I love the color (plum) which is really sort of an eggplant color. It stays on all day, I do use a primer on my eyelids but have used this without and it stayed just as well. It goes on smoothly, it has stayed creamy in the container and it stays on, plus it's pretty cheap. I've have my basic black eyeliner (MAC fluid line) but wanted to try out a different color without committing to spending twice the dollars on it. I'm totally as happy with this product as I am with my MAC...and I wasn't expecting that at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by syee1oh4

I absolutely love this product! The texture is very soft and creamy and easy to work with. I have this in black and brown. It stays on for quite a while but on some days i do find it smudges a little bit, but i have no problem with flaking or whatsoever. I love using the black one for tightlining! It doesn't irritate my eye and it stays on for a very long time, especially if i set it with black eyeshadow. It's very easy to remove as well. The brush is good too and it's very convenient of them to include it in the package. I would definitely be purchasing this again! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in brown! I love it! I plan to buy more soon! It took forever to find! But when I found it at the drug store there was only 1 so I bought it. I find that this does last a long time. Once it dries its good to go. It doesnt flake which is good. I found that my WnW cream liner would flake but this one doesnt. The brush is decent, it works well. Its not too stiff or has that hard feeling. I think it has great pigment. It depends on how much you put on our brush. Put a little, then its lighter, the more you use the darker. Common sense! Add some powder it helps with the smudging. I love the texture of this! Its creamy and soft and packaging is nice. The container is glass and the lid it plastic. Good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

When I first tried this liner, I had an enormous smudgy mess in the fine lines around my eyes. After that experience, I made sure it was completely dry and in place before I blinked too much and ruined it.

After learning that valuable bit of information, I have to say that this is quite a good liner. The texture is smooth and consistent while I'm applying it and it lasts well. The brush is pretty useless, but a good angle brush will fix that. Will repurchase in black. Eggplant has no staying power and the formula is nowhere near as consistent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the purple in this and OMG I'm not even close to happy. It runs like crazy and I don't really have a problem w/that usually. My mom loves this...but I just don't due to the fact o f the crazy running... :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by blcandela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Target not too long ago. I first seen this product on youtube, I loved the pigment displayed on the video and how easy it glided on her eye lids. Then I read the reviews on MUA. I was so excited, when i got home i applied it right away… I have to say, i was really disappointed. I know the deal… swipe a few on the back of your hand, apply on eye lid, then wait (to dry). I did the steps correctly… and what happened? it smeared/ smudged like crazy (I mean all over). Seriously, if you're planning to buy this product… DON'T, save up a little more and get something better. I agree with the pervious review, buy something you can rely on. I gave it 3 lips because; 1.nice (deep) pigment 2.additional brush 3.$10.00 is a lot but i spent more ($20 and up) on products that actually damaged my eyes (this one didn't).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am retracting my previous statements. This eyeliner stays on if you apply a little bit of primer, and I find that I reach for this almost everyday. I love how the pigmentation is really strong! Texture isn't the best - not as smooth as some gel liners out there but I still like it. I don't use the brush that comes with it though, as I prefer angled liner brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

This is a great eyeliner - very impressive for a drug store brand. It's very similar to MAC fluidline, but I think MAC's is slightly better... I find the Maybelline liner isn't quite as rich in pigment and it doesn't apply as smoothly - I have to layer it to get a nice solid line, whereas with MAC one swipe is enough. On the other hand, Maybelline is cheaper than MAC and comes with a great little brush, perfect for fine lines and cat eyes. Both last all day (even with oily skin) and require some serious make-up remover to get off. I said I would buy this again because I think it's a great product, but I really prefer fluidline.