Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/24/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing a lot of positive feedback on this gel eyeliner, I decided to give it a try (was only $7USD at a local Rite-Aid). I got it in Charcoal and it came with a brush. I didn't use the brush because I wasn't a fan of tiny brushes (I preferred my MAC 266 better). The eyeliner smeared a bit for me but it lasted 6+ hours which I thought was AMAZING for a drugstore brand. The color wasn't that great but only because it was a bit shimmery (not a fan of shimmery stuff) and I wasn't able to get a hold of the blackest color. The texture is smooth and it goes on the same way. I probably won't be using this eyeliner as often but for the price, I think it's worth it. Probably the best gel eyeliner for drugstores in my opinion. I probably won't buy this color again but I do want to give Blackest Black a try.

on 4/23/2010 6:57:00 PM

I have a lot of gel liners (too many, probably) , and while this one is okay I'm not too enthusiastic about it overall. On the plus side, I love that this comes in a charcoal color, which I find more flattering on me than black and good for making hazel/green eyes pop. The liner goes on smoothly and doesn't tug or pull, and the packaging is solid. On the negative side...yeah, this one might be a bit too soft of a gel, as it does smudge a bit on me. Not too much on the lower eye but definitely on the eyelid, and that's even with using UDPP. It's not terrible and it usually blends with my eyeshadow color, but it does smudge and that's disappointing. So -- I like this and will continue to use it as the color is perfect, but when I'm finished with it I will continue my search for the perfect charcoal gel liner.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this at Duane Reade for $10. This is the first gel eyeliner I bought and I really love it!!! The brush that comes with the eyeliner is really good for making thin lines and is flat. This eyeliner is definitely my HG gel eyeliner!!!

on 4/23/2010 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this product is ok only.. reason why i'm giving three lippies is because it smudges on me.. maybe it's because of my eye type.. i'm asian and my lids are kinda like half double eyelid.. so whenever i put any eyeliner on..it just smears on my lid after a while. i got this in charcoal.. (i shoulda gotten it in black) charcoal is not dark enough for me.. . i love the texture of this gel liner though.. applies on so smoothly.. and i love the brush that comes with it.. thin for easy application.. not coarse or hard on the eyes.. overall.. great product if you do not have weird eyelids like i do.. lol :D

on 4/23/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I do like this gel liner. I only started using gel liners a couple months ago and so far I love them. I got this liner in brown and it has an ok staying power. It did smudge a little for me but that may be because I have oily lids. The color is true and goes on pretty smoothe. The price was pretty reasonable because I had a $2 off coupon so I only paid $6.49 USD. I would definitely recommend this product for gel liner users!

At first I thought I loved this product, but the more I used it the more smudgy and creasing I noticed when I used it. I would honestly rather wear no eyeliner at all than an eyeliner that smudges all over my eye and gets into my crease. Overall, not a very good eyeliner. Would not buy it again. Although I did like the packaging.

on 4/22/2010 2:04:00 AM

I like this product as I am a avid eyeliner usuer. I bought Blackest Black. Took a little getting used to but after a couple uses I got the hang of it. Took off one lip because this stuff is hard to get off. My usual makeup remover barely touches this stuff. The plus side is that if your working up a sweat or having a good cry you don't have to worry about it coming off.

on 4/22/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love these liners. The first one I bought was by mistake the charcoal one, and I wanted in black. I kept it anyway, and tried it on the first night I bought it. I fell asleep with it on by accident! However, this was a great test because I woke up hours later and it was still on, no smudges. Of course I went the next day to buy the one in black. I haven't had any problems with them, no flaking, and no smudging really either. The only thing is I'm finding the charcoal one to be getting more of a gel consistency now, I'm not quite sure why that is, it's not as easy to get on the brush as before. No problems with the black one though. And I use the brush that came with them, although I could use my own. I find it gives me the exact amount. Love them!

on 4/20/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you apply primer, this eyeliner lasts all day. I have this product in eggplant and I love the way it makes my eyes stand out. It helps to "warm up" the product by moving your brush back and forth in the container before applying it.

on 4/19/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

packaging was BEAUTIFUL.

product was CRAP.

i tried most of all the gel & cream liners out in the drugstores&dept.

this ones BAD.
i wore it to the mall and i looked like a hot mess.
the wetnwild one is soooo much cheaper and its just a good as the mac's blacktrack.

BOO MAYBELLINE.