August 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by FoOLiShxLaDy

Of all the studio line brushes I love this one the most! I've had mine for months and have washed it several times. It has never shed or bled on me. Its super soft and its great for buffing out and applying foundation. If there's any brush I use on a daily basis, its this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of my HG brushes for blush. I was having trouble applying the hello kitty tippy blush because my MAC 129 would deposit too much colour making me look like a clown. I was very disappointed when I couldn't use that blush until I tried this brush. With it, I can easily apply my tippy blush to give me that nice glow. Now I can buy more pigmented blushes from MAC because I know this brush will give me the right amount of colour deposit.

I paid about USD4.60 including shipping so its a very good deal. I also like the plastic protective covering that came with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I hate to be the negative one, but this brush shed after a month. Yes, it's soft and dense like the other reviews had mentioned. The price is right, but I don't want to replace a new brush on a monthly base.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I absolutely love this brush. Not only is it soft and dense, but I find it better than my MAC brushes. This is my multitasking go to tool. I use it to apply everything from liquid foundation, to powders, bronzes and blushes. Go and get yourself one, or a few. You can't beat the price.!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would like to add my 2 cents (well maybe its worth less than that but that's another conversation). I think this is a very good MU brush!!! This brush is super, super, super soft, dense and it looks elegant and expensive although it costs only $3.

This brush applies/ and buffs in highly pigmented blushes better, yes better, than all my other dual fiber brushes - and I have a few of MAC 187 dupe brushes. Again, this is a very good MU brush and I use it sometimes to apply my mineral foundation but I mostly use it to apply my blushes to a natural and lovely finish on my caramel color skin. For the price you can't beat it and the only con I can think of is I wished I had purchased it sooner and bought more than one. If you are looking for a powder brush to add to your collection this brush is an excellent choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome brush for only $3. This works great for all forms of foundation, powder, blushes, and bronzers. I highly recommend this soft anti-bacterial brush. I'm going to order another one tonight!!!!!!

Update: you can now purchase the studio line brushes at Target! I have three of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

GREAT great deal for a super awesome brush.
I mean... $3?! That's crazy!
I use this flat topped brush to stipple on my foundation, and then buff in my powder. It works equally great for both purposes.
It shed quite a bit when I first received it, but since it's first wash, only a very few hairs have come out.
To top it all off, this brush has super soft synthetic hair, and durable handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mexiangel25

Just adding some more kudos to the already positive reviews. This is a staple brush for me: I use it for everything and for every type of foundation as well as finishing powders. It has replaces my 187, my everyday minerals flat top brush, and my Sonia Kashuk powder brush, all of which I adore, but it's just so much easier to use this one brush.
It's super soft and applies my liquid foundations, mineral foundation, and my studio sculpt with optimal coverage. It's also a lot more sturdier then the 187 which sometimes jut ends up getting really wide when you are applying your foundation. I bought the 109 because of all the rave reviews, but it hurts my face whenever I use it to stipple my foundation- this brush does not. I bought 2 of them already and several for my mom and sister.
The only con is that when I first got it, it had a really horrible gasoline/oil smell, but it went away after a couple of washings.

You should really buy this brush, you have nothing to lose. Only $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by mozzarella

GREAT brush, worth much more than the price. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's just start off with the fact that this is very comparable to MAC's 187! It's true that this is not a duo-fibre brush but the results and purpose of this brush is very much the same. This is only $3 in comparasion to $50 something MAC's 187. I have tried using this with liquid foundation, powders (loose/pressed), blush and bronzer and with each product it produces very natural, flawless results. Let me start off with...

Liquid foundation: I put some of my Revlon Colorstay Active Foundation on my hand. I take the brush (if I want a more dewy finish, I dip it in water) and gently run it against the glob of foundation. Afterwards, I just stipple it onto my face and blend it out in circular motions. This is what I do with my MAC 187. The bristles are dense enough to stipple in the color and keep the shape without being flimsy. They are also very soft and do not scratch my face. The finish is very natural and sheer but it can be layered to be more thicker. This is a very good dense flat top brush for liquid foundation. Also, it's big enough to cover the face without causing dots or streaks.

Powders: Works GREAT with mineral foundation. Buffs everything in evenly and creates a very flawless, matte appearance. For finishing powders, it creates a nice sheer layer. I use this with E.L.F.'s mineral booster and it really buffs the stuff right into my skin so that it feels silky and doesn't look chalky or powdery. It picks up loose powder well. However, it feels like a waste the powder more for some reason. With my Ecotools powder brush, it seems like I don't need to use as much. However with this powder brush, it seems to just suck up all the product and doesn't really apply to the face as much as I'd like it to. Maybe it's just so good at buffing that I don't feel the powder go onto my face. I hope that's what it is because I don't want to waste my powder. :/ For pressed powder foundations, it works very well! I have problems with powder brushes not delivering a moderate coverage. However, this evens out my skin tone well and actually improves my skin's appearance!

Blush/Bronzer: Love it! If you have a heavy hand at applying blush... this will give you a soft, natural flush of colour without looking clownish! I tried this with some of my darker, pigmented shades of blush and it applied very sheerly. It also doesn't streak the blush. It applys very evenly and defines my cheekbones well. I love using this for blush more than an actually blush brush. Again, this is very comparable to my MAC 187. For bronzer, I don't like it when it looks too obvious, sparkly and fake. Even with my too dark bronzers (The ELF blush/bronze duo), it applied it very naturally. It just give me a healthy, radiant glow... not a tacky fake tan.

Overall, this is a great multi purpose brush. If you want a brush that will do with MAC 187 can do, this is definitely something to pick up! For $3, you can't go wrong. It's true that some bristles are uneven but I think that is just luck. Unfortunately, the way E.L.F produces their brushes just spits out a few bad ones here and there. However, this brush is really good! The only true downside to it is that it takes FOREVER to clean and dry. Because the bristles are so dense, the baby shampoo I use to clean it takes forever to thin out. When cleaning it, I'm scared that I will not clean it well enough. :/ That's my only complaint. Honestly, for $3, why not just pick this up? It's high quality stuff.

54 out of 57 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No