E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 9/17/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE this brush. The quality is just as good, if not better than HE brushes (definitely better than Clinique) It is SO soft and the hairs are dense. I use it for liquid foundation and it blends SOO nicely. The first time I used it, a couple hairs did come out, but that's it. It is soo great. It has a nice handle and it's sooo good. For only $3 this is a great deal. It is so amazingly soft. I highly highly recommend this!!

on 9/16/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OO ELF POWDER BRUSH, I HAVE SO MANY GOOD USES FOR THIS BRUSH, HAS NEVER HAD ANY HAIR FALL OUTS, GOOD FOR LIQUID FOUNDADION, GOOD FOR POWDER FOUNDATION AND BLUSH. I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW SIGMA BRUSHES AND O I SO REGRET GETTING THEM.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one great product for the price ($3). I primary use it to apply liquid foundation now and it blends like a dream. I was having trouble applying my MAC Studio Sculp foundation since it looked heavy and cakey or it would streak when applied with my regular foundation bursh (I almost returned it back to MAC) but with this little gem I can blend it in perfectly AND A BIG + quickly. The finish is soft and a bit luminous like fresh skin...

I would also recomned this if you use Revlon Colorstay since it drys fast during application. With this brush, speedy blending is great for fast drying foundations.

I have alredy bought 5 to give to friends and family. I trust they are that great! I do not feel the need to look further for a foundation brush. This one tops them all!

on 9/15/2009 1:21:00 AM

This is by far the best item I purchased from elf. The other brushes are good quality but this applies liquid foundation well and even makes powder look good over my skin on days I don't feel like wearing full foundation. It buffs on blush and is extremely versatile, not to mention soft on the skin but dense enough to buff. I love it.

on 9/12/2009 10:21:00 AM

I love this brush for applying foundation. Its so much better than the MAC stippling brush, which I can only use to apply blush/bronzer, as its too floppy to apply foundation. Foundation goes on smoothly and flawlessly.
The brush comes with a brush guard and its such a sleek brush that looks like its worth more than the 3.50. I own Alimas flat top brush and the Everyday Minerals, and whilst both of them are denser than the ELF, value wise, its so much better.
The brush did shed a few strands and did feel a bit scratchy due to one hair on it thats a bit crooked, but I still love it anyway.

on 9/10/2009 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This brush is amazing! It is so soft.. and I like the sleek look of the studio line brushes. I LOVE using this in replacement of my MAC 187 stipple brush. It gives me completely flawless coverage. And I use this to apply my bronzer & powder. Its such a good quality brush. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this or a brush that costs $40+. This brush is only $3!!! I only own one of these brushes.. I wish I ordered at least three of them.. Its my favorite brush in my brush collection. I'll definitely be purchasing back ups of this.

on 9/8/2009 10:10:00 PM

Oh my gosh...I just got this brush a few days ago and let me just say...GET ONE !!! OR TWO !! It is unbelievable....so soft, so well made, and the price is just ridiculous!! For me this is the best and only brush to use for applying any type of liquid foundation. I used it to apply the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse foundation and it was flawless and perfect!! Be careful though, cause you dont need as much product as you think. I used a little too much the first time. I put a little bit of the foundation on the back of my hand and dabbed the flat top of the brush in and then just applied by stippling/buffing with this amazing brush. I am getting another one just in case they ever stop making it!! :) LOVE IT!

on 9/8/2009 9:29:00 PM

so ive always wanted a flattop brush and when i saw one for 3 bucks i knew i had to try it. i was so surprized with the application of this brush. theres so many uses for it! it can be used with wet or dry products and the application on either one is flawless. its super dense but SO soft too. the packaging is amazing i love elfs studio line just because they look so much more professional and no my handle didnt break or anything and i had NO shedding at all. you gotta try it . your gonna be amazed

my favorite of my purchases from the recent 75% off sale! I LOVE this brush for applying my foundation (EL Double Wear Light) and I am able to use such a little amount of foundation and get a flawless finish to my face! Its absolutely amazing! I am so glad that I took a gamble on this brush (as well as many of my other purchases) when I saw the sale.

on 9/4/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a winner! Despite all the raves, I really didn't expect it to W-O-W me. I think I'm in love with this after just one usage. It's ridiculously soft, of light-medium density, and very well shaped. My one complaint would be that I found 4-5 hairs that weren't trimmed well and were sticking out above the rest. I just trimmed these with those mini scissors you use for facial hair purposes. I must admit that I am a snob when it comes to brush quality though, so I might be being picky about the hairs.

I believe that most people will be -very- satisfied with this brush. It's one that anyone, from beginners to experts, can use. I don't even see the need to buy any more MAC brushes when there are fantastic quality brushes like this lying around.

I compared this with my EM flat top, and found that the density is probably less than the EM by half. The brush head diameter is also greater. The whole brush is nearly twice as long as the EM flat top. (The handle is surprisingly long!)

I'll update this review if, especially after I wash it, something comes up. For now though, I'd definitely give this 10 stars out of 5 if I could. :D Thanks ELF!

Popular Makeup Brushes