November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this soooo much better than UDPP. The packaging is much more sanitary and you can control how much product comes out of the tube. My tube of UDPP broke a couple days after purchasing it and it dried up horribly, so I decided to try this instead and I am so happy that I did. I haven't had any problems with creasing and my makeup stays on until I take it off at night. Will definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF! Im serious this product is the love of my eyeshadow life! I have REALLY oily eyelids. And I love this product it makes my eyeshadow stay all day! Better than LM base coats and UDPP . Those were too oil based and slippery. This is more of a clayish type product. Reminds me alot of Cliniques pore minimizer in texture. My eyes are still stunning 12 hours later ! THANK YOU TOO FACED!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by heatherpl

I love this
I prefer this of UDPP
this really intensifys my shadows and makes them pop, and it really makes them stay on a really long time with no creasing or fading i really like this and will but this again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Arizonah13

I'm so late to the party where eyeshadow primers are concerned, but I finally bought some from Ulta.

I've always had a problem with certain shadows creasing on me and getting little black mascara smudges from where my lashes sometimes touch my brow bone.

I tried this stuff today with my crease-iest shadow (MAC Jest). Wowzers!!! Not even a tiny bit of creasing! And no mascara smudges! I am LOVING it.

Previously, I used MACs paint pot in a pathetic attempt to prevent creasing - no such luck.

Also, I used the tiniest (and I mean TINIEST) amount possible and it spread so easily/evenly from my lash line to brow bone. The price might seem a bit high, but considering I'll get hundreds (literally) of uses out of it, its well worth the cost. I'd even pay MORE.

I'm not sure how I lived without this stuff for so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely an amazing buy, instead of having to carry around a small makeup kit to do touch ups throughout the day all I have to do is put a drop of this on each eye and it does the trick.

My eyeshadows do not crease at all, as well as making everything just seems to go on effortlessly on top of this product. I definitely love this and I plan on buying again whenever my tube runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I have really oily eyelids and hated how my eyeshadow creased and 'disappeared' after a few hours. Too Faced Shadow Insurance keeps my shadow looking like I just put it on! I love this product.
Although I also love Urban Decay's product, and find the two products to perform about the same in terms of keeping my eyeshadow looking good, and they last about the same number of hours, this product is my favorite because it has better packaging. You can really get almost all of the product out without any cutting open of the plastic tube! I also feel it's slightly more sanitary to squeeze out a little onto my finger instead of swiping the UDPP wand onto my lids. And it seems like less Too Faced eyeshadow primer is needed. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by SuicideBlondEx

I've tried EVERYTHING to prime my eyes with and this stuff DOES IT! It smooths my skin, doesn't irritate (I have sensitive skin and I wear contacts), no creasing, no fading, no melting. Eyeshadow STAYS put. It's no sticky at all and the formula isn't thin and runny. (I've heard people say both of these, and IDK what they are on...maybe they got a bad batch?). What I really love is the packaging. You don't have to cut it open like the UDPP and you can squeeze every last drop out. (Like a toothpaste package) I've also tried mac paintpots and I find them to actually be very sticky and no easy to blend on at all. So this is a winner for me.
The only thing I had to say that was different that I think UDPP was SLIGHTLY easier to blend on-but not so much that I would be turned off by it. This is also exspensive product. $17. I might be trying some DS brands before I buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Somehow I never have luck with shadow base products. MAC paintpot and this... I am just not fond of the strong tacky feel these products give on the lids after application. Eyeshadow does neither glides nor blends smoothly. Given, silicone is the main ingredient of these products, I do not feel that I have to put anything on my lids in addition to my favorite 5-star Clarins Instant Smooth which I can put all over my face. This kind of product might work better with those in 20s and younger who do not have to put anything on the lids and around eyes to begin with. At my age, I need something more emollient around my eyes.
One good thing about this product is that it does NOT irritate my eyes and the skin around the eyes (I am a contact lens wearer with very sensitive skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by missivue

I've only tried it twice but right away I noticed a difference from wearing this primer before eye shadow to not wearing any primer at all before shadow. This does not crease, eye shadow stays put and it actually brings out the color of the eye shadow more. My only thing is is that I haven't tried any other eye primer so I have nothing to compare it to. I love it so far having used it only twice. The packaging is great because it's an easy squeeae to get the right amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by erinmosh

Too faced had a sale a bit ago and i thought i would buy this since i have heard so many raves on it. I used it for a while after my staple eye primer (mac's paint in bare canvas) ran out. I didn't care for the shadow insurance at all. The packaging was alright, but I found that the product was way too liquidy and creased very shortly after I put it on. i haven't tried udpp, but i'm going to stick to paints from now.