Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/18/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

hmmm ive had this for a while and hoped it would be so much better than UDPP coz that dried out like hell! but i found the consistency of this to be quite 'wet' and runny, the UDPP was a bit thicker and drier which I liked. I don't have oily lids but after a days wear, my e/s disappeared and my lids were oily-feeling. I dont know if it's just my tube but I'm going back to UDPP

on 3/18/2009 2:49:00 PM

I actually purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance kit for $32, it came with the full sized Shadow Insurance and 6 eyeshadows. I am in love with this eyeshadow primer. It has been hard to find a primer that does not have good staying power. The staying power is amazing and the eyeshadows that came in the kit when applied are intensified with the primer. A little goes a long ways when applying the primer. I like the packaging better for the Shadow Insurance compared with the UDPP because I can actually control how much comes out and I can squeeze what's left inside when it's time for a new one.

on 3/14/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! Shadow Insurance helps keep my eyeshadow on for up to 12 hours (haven't ever kept makeup on longer than this!!). Without primer, my eyeshadow starts to disappear after a couple of hours. With UDPP, it used to last 6-8 hours.
Although this is basically repeating what everyone else is saying... it provides a smooth base for shadow & helps prevent creasing, is easy to apply. Love the packaging! It's such a small tube, but since you don't need a lot I think it's okay.
Highly recommend this :)

on 3/13/2009 12:10:00 PM

this stuff has changed the way i feel about eyeshadow. it keeps my shadow vibrant, creaseless, and lasts all day long until i wash my makeup off before bed. i have recommended this to everyone who asks me how i keep my shadow looking fresh all day, because this is they key. will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I started out using Urban Decay Primer Potion as my first eyeshadow primer. Which I loved, except for the packaging of course. So once that was gone I decided to give Too Faced Shadow Insurance a try. Overall for a primer I think this is a good product. It helps keep my eyeshadow in place, prevents creasing and makes colors much more vibrant. However, I have oily lids and due to this product having moisturizers in it, it doesn't work as well as UDPP does for me. Because this has a moisturizing formula I get creasing at the end of the day with this product... which I never got with UDPP. So basically if you have oily lids you should go with Urban Decay Primer Potion. If you have normal to dry lids, you should go with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Hope this helps :)) I wish I had known this prior to spending $17 for it....

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

on 3/13/2009 3:27:00 AM

I have not tried the urban decay primer potion, but i think this one works really well. it is pricey but makes your eyeshadow more vibrant and prevents creasing. I also think it will last for a while. I recommend and would repurchase

on 3/13/2009 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the shadow primer champion! I too used to hate putting on eye shadow because my lids get oily really quick, but this saved me. The shadow colors really come to life and it lasts FOREVER. After several hours of application it will look just as it did that morning. The first time I used it I actually remember having trouble taking it off! :) I couldn't remove it completely with just my face wash (which normally removes all of my makeup). I had to use makeup remover. That's how strong it is. I definitely definitely recommend this to eye shadow newbies and experts alike!

on 3/12/2009 1:44:00 PM

I am a newbie to shadow primers, and after trying my first application of this, I ordered 2 backups that night!
No matter what brands of shadows you champion, this product makes them all last! The packaging is the most efficiant and user friendly I've found, too, so I really feel like I'm getting more for my money by not wasting product.

This is my new must-have - I don't ever want to go back to a world without it!

on 3/12/2009 4:18:00 AM

This stuff is great! My eyeshadows look the same after a long day of work as it did when I first applied it. The product is very creamy going on and feels very smooth, but when it dries after 2 seconds it feels almost powdery. It has a fair skin colored tinge to it, which goes great with my complexion, but I'm not sure if it disappears into darker skin or not. I bought mine at Ulta with their $3.50 off coupon they always have circulating and it was only $13.50 that way. That kinda takes the edge off!