October 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by quelani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using UDPP for quite sometime and love it. At times though, it seems too thick or doesn't quite blend in as well. But, I still use UDPP since it does make my shadows last through the day on my oily lids. When I heard about Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I thought I'd give it a try, especially since I've heard it is not as creamy. I have been using it ever since. I love the consistency of it and how it blends well. I also love the tube packaging as oppose to the "genie bottle". A little does go a long way with this product. I have bought mine over a year ago and still have some left. I did purchase a new tube when I had a 20% off coupon from Ulta a couple of months ago. I feared since I've had the tube a while now that surely I would be needing to replace soon. But, I haven't opened my new tube. There's still product in the old one. And I do use it everyday, except some occasional weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) when I stay around the house. It does make my eyeshadows stay on until I take it off (somedays more than 10 hours). That's quite a feat for someone with oily lids and could never wear powder eyeshadows before. Definitely a HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Lissettephoto

I LOVE this!! Everytime I would wear eyeshadow (especially a smokey eye) there would be a thick oily crease on my lids within 30 minutes!! This makes my shadow last all day long even in the summer! Its moderately priced and it lasts forver becasue you only need a little bit! I will definitely buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily lids and I like TFSI but I find UDPP works better for me. I think both are very similar and it will just depends on a the person. I really like the packaging and it spreads very easily. It sinks right into the skin. I will not repurchase this though because creasing is a huge pet peeve of mine and I crease less with UDPP

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cherrrrryl

i really like this primer. i have pretty oily lids and it really helps my eye shadow from creasing. i have a bad habbit of going to sleep with all my makeup on and when i use this, my e/s is still creaseless when i wake up (although by then a little smudged). the only thing is it really doesn't particularly help the e/s color to stand out, but i usually use a cream shadow in between the primer and powder shadow anyway. all in all i'd say 4 out of 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by godivagoddess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I would have read the reviews about this product.This crap sucks.I bought it and a Too Face Insurance Policy eye pallet,which the eye shadows are suppose to be infused with the primer as well.So I thought cool a double whopping of Shadow insurance.Well I have been using it since Friday and I thought maybe I didnt put enough on or maybe its me but at lunch my shadow looks about gone.Unlike UDPP which it doesnt come off until I take it off.So I guess if it aint broken dont fix it.I remove the plastic cleaner from my UDPP and it allows me to get more product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found the consistency of this to be too thick for it to apply easily to the eyelid area. I prefer an eyeshadow primer that is light and glides over the delicate eye area. This performed average and after a half of a day, my eyeshadow creased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance after trying:
MAC Paint Pots and loving it
Aromaleigh Eye Shadow Primer and thinking it was ok
Urban Decay Primer Potion and having it crease on me

For me, TFSI does not crease, ever. Neither does MAC Paint pot.
AL E/S Primer will crease on me after 4 hours, same with UDPP.
I don't know why this is. I don't have oily lids.
I have worn TFSI from 9am until 4 am the next day with no creasing.
To me, this is a success.
I like the consistency of TFSI.

I did a comparision test with MAC's Paint Pot in Bare Study, UDPP, AL E/S Primer, and TFSI, and for my skin, AL's E/S Primer and TFSI were the most vibrant for the eye shadows. MAC's Paint Pot really changed the colors, which sucked because I'd been using it for months and not realized it had done that.

I really like the TFSI packaging. I don't feel like I'm wasting product and I won't have to saw a tube open to get into it.

I like the consistency of the primer. It's very light when I spread it on my skin, and it seems to make it pretty easy to apply and blend eye shadows onto it.

For whatever reason, TFSI works best with my skin and stays on me until I take off. This is great. I like it better than anything I've used previously and I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I feel somewhat foolish for purchasing this. I never really used eyeshadow primers prior to UDPP(tried this before the primer I reviewing), even though I occasionally used MAC's eye primer (did not like it). Once I did try UDPP I pretty much loved it and did not even bother putting on shadow without it. I wanted to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance because I heard that the texture was better and the tube was convenient. When I first tried it, I thought the texture was like some type of mousse, and had a hard time spreading it evenly on my eyes. It does not keep my eyeshadow from creasing as long as the UDPP or a MAC Paint Pot, but when tested on the hands it does appear to make the shadow more vibrant. NOT on my eyelids! But like others have said, it is probably because I have oily eyelids. In my opinion, even if I had dry eyelids I still do not like the consistency and effectiveness of this primer. I will stick to UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Gem727

I'd been using UDPP for awhile, however I saw the reviews for this so I thought I'd try something new. It went on smooth, wasn't as dry as UDPP, and it was actually easier to blend my eyeshadow. After a few hours though, my shadow was barely there and what was left had creased. Now I'm back to my UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by stomishi

I finally believe all of the hype! I've heard about this and haven't been wild about primers...but I just hadn't found the right one! It provides great staying power and keeps your e/s from creasing! Fab!