Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

This is one of my favorite products ever and something I will never go without. The tube packaging allows you to use all the product unlike others (UDPP). I can use the cheapest shadows which alone have alomst no pigment but over this stuff it looks vibrant. I cannot believe the staying power either. $17 seems like a lot but when you use very little product it goes a long way. Considering how awesome my eye makeup now looks, I would definately pay $17 every few months!

on 3/22/2009 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried this & the UPPP. This one wins hands down. I hated UD packaging. Who wants to go thru all the work just to get their moneys worth out of a product. This works just as well, YOU control the amount you need (no wand applying too much) which is another thing I liked. For people who have this & say it "creases" try using LESS of it. I have normal eyelids & find it only takes a SMALL dot for BOTH eyes. You don't want to cake it on other wise it WILL cause it to crease (weird I know). At 17.00 it isn't cheap, put if used correctly it will last forever. Another tip if you think it is "runny" massage the tube before each use. This mixes up the product & should make it where it isn't "runny"

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This product works great. I have used the UDPP and Shadow Insurance has just as good staying power. My shadows last all day and they don't crease. Tbh, I like this better than UDPP since the tube is easier to use w/o having the wand applicator like UDPP. More convenient to carry around with you on the go!

on 3/21/2009 6:01:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! I put my eyeshadow on at around 8 in the morning and did a performance in the hot, hot sun, dancing around and my makeup didn't budge at all. By the time I got home at around 6, my makeup was perfect. As far as blending ability, I did notice that it was a bit easier. It's also a very silky smooth formula that doesn't make you tug on your eye. DEFINITELY recommend.

on 3/21/2009 5:02:00 PM

I would have given it a 5 rather than a 4 if I thought it worked as a base - neutralizing my eyelid color. Instead, I use it over a concealer. The HUGE bonus of this product is that it gives your shadows a new life. It brings out all the vibrancy that you see in the pan and that rarely translates once applied to the skin.

I could not believe how bright or deep (depending on the shade) my eyeshadows were after first applying Shadow Insurance. I also use much less of the shadows because a little now goes a long way. This is a brillant invention. I tried using some other silicon-based primers for which I had samples - just to see if they'd also bring out the true color of my shadows. But, none replicated the effect. I have recommended this to a coworker, my mom and all my girlfriends. It's amazing.

on 3/18/2009 6:00:00 PM

ive had this product for a few months now, and have to say, it definately works. at the end of the day my eyes look just as brilliant in color as they did when i did them in the morning. nice consistency, doesnt go on thick. easy to control amount you need, and best of all, you can use it to its end, unlike UDPP. unless you cut the tube open, which i (like everyone else) will more than likely end up doing once im at that point where i cant get no more out. i havent seem much a difference in the quality compared to UDPP but just the fact alone that you can use shadow insurance to its end is a bonus worth repurchase.

on 3/18/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

hmmm ive had this for a while and hoped it would be so much better than UDPP coz that dried out like hell! but i found the consistency of this to be quite 'wet' and runny, the UDPP was a bit thicker and drier which I liked. I don't have oily lids but after a days wear, my e/s disappeared and my lids were oily-feeling. I dont know if it's just my tube but I'm going back to UDPP

on 3/18/2009 2:49:00 PM

I actually purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance kit for $32, it came with the full sized Shadow Insurance and 6 eyeshadows. I am in love with this eyeshadow primer. It has been hard to find a primer that does not have good staying power. The staying power is amazing and the eyeshadows that came in the kit when applied are intensified with the primer. A little goes a long ways when applying the primer. I like the packaging better for the Shadow Insurance compared with the UDPP because I can actually control how much comes out and I can squeeze what's left inside when it's time for a new one.

on 3/14/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! Shadow Insurance helps keep my eyeshadow on for up to 12 hours (haven't ever kept makeup on longer than this!!). Without primer, my eyeshadow starts to disappear after a couple of hours. With UDPP, it used to last 6-8 hours.
Although this is basically repeating what everyone else is saying... it provides a smooth base for shadow & helps prevent creasing, is easy to apply. Love the packaging! It's such a small tube, but since you don't need a lot I think it's okay.
Highly recommend this :)

on 3/13/2009 12:10:00 PM

this stuff has changed the way i feel about eyeshadow. it keeps my shadow vibrant, creaseless, and lasts all day long until i wash my makeup off before bed. i have recommended this to everyone who asks me how i keep my shadow looking fresh all day, because this is they key. will repurchase.