December 18, 2014 | 1670 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by ella2201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

In order for you to make the most of this product you must buy the pump that mac sells for this bottle. It makes getting the product out a lot easier.
I actually love this foundation, I know it smells awful but after the first 5 minutes you dont notice it anymore.
I was hesitant at first because I really didnt want a super thick foundation that would look 'obvious.' However I work in a hospital and so reapplication throughout the day is not something I can do easily and so I needed a foundation that would last.
On application this foundation is actually not that heavy, I only use a tiny amount which is enough to cover my whole face, and all its imperfections, without making me look like I'm wearing a mask. I also like the finish, it's matt, but not in an unatural way. Whats more, if I apply this and then buff on mac's prep + prime transparent finishing powder, my makeup lasts all day. Pretty fantastic considering how hot hospital wards are! This is currently my favourite foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by kimdao90

This was my first liquid foundation I have tried. I wanted a full coverage foundation and I was recommended to buy this. I got a MAC SA to help me find my colour match. I used it for a week and loved it, the coverage was great and really made it look like I had perfect skin. The colour matched me perfectly (I was using NC25).

However after a week I started breaking out. I also got strange red bumps on the side of my face. My face got really itchy so I stopped using the foundation. After 2 weeks I thought I'd give the foundation another try, it broke me out again the next morning. I had to return this product as I couldn't use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by leticia212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation it stays on forever! I don't use a brush to put it on though I do love the look with a brush but I think it grabs way to much foundation and it feels heavy. So I just use my hands and I actually then buff bare escentuals into it has a powder since its iridescent it looks really pretty and fresh and stays on literally for hours! I have it on from 7am till 10pm somedays and I have oily skin. I think the people who are consistently getting breakouts from this are people who need to cleanse there face better, I have the clarisonic and never get breakouts from this foundation and i have sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For years I've been using mineral powder foundation but recently been finding that a) the coverage isn't as great as I'd like and b) it doesn't wear well when it's hot. The SA in MAC recommended Studio Fix. I was a bit worried it would look like I was wearing too much make up or go cakey but it's actually a pretty natural look and lasts well in the heat, especially if I use it with the primer. Not too impressed with the packaging though, it's quite hard to get out of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by vintageamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about this foundation online, hearing that it is oil free, and provides flawless, full coverage... so I wandered into my nearest MAC and tried to find a color myself. I had no luck and all of the shades looked orange on me. I finally asked a MAC artist to help me find a shade that matched. She tried to tell me that I was NW25, and I know for a fact that I am not that dark... perhaps it is their dark lighting that made me look like an NW25. So I tried on NW20 in the store, and it looked like it blended in alright, so I bought it. When I got it home and tried it on, I could tell I made a mistake, but I just tried to blend it in with a lighter powder. Needless to say, it was noticeably too dark and orange for my skin. Not only was it too dark, but it goes on really thick and makes me look cakey. I even tried to blend it in better, and I had no luck. I look like an oompa loompa with this stuff on my face. Also has a very strong chemical smell. Must be the octinoxate. I'm keeping this foundation until summer, maybe it will match when I have a tan. Bottle should really be sold with a pump. Kind of a pain in the butt to tap out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love makeup & love to try different products all the time. That said, I keep trying other foundations, & I always come back to this one as it gives me great coverage without any problems. I am a mom of two little ones & even though I wish I had more time to do my makeup in the morning, I don't & this foundation is so easy that it helps me look put together in a short time.
I have combo skin & don't really have problems with breakouts. I know MAC foundations can be tricky or kind of hit or miss, but for me this one is a hit. For reference I am an NC35, and no matter how I apply this, it looks effortless, yet covers my imperfections really well, without looking too made-up. The coverage is buildable & you can apply light or heavy handed. I sometimes mix it with some strobe cream to create a dewy look. All in all, a great foundation, & I will def. repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

The only reason I bought this product was because my friend always wore it and I loved how it looked on her. It gave her a flawless powdery look that I really wanted in a liquid foundation.
I really wanted to love this product because it looked amazing and had amazing coverage, but sadly it broke me out. After I stopped using this product, my skin went back to normal. I would not buy this product again, but I would use it in the future if I had a special event or for 1 day as I love the way it looked on my skin.

Edit:
After trying it out for over a year, I realized that this foundation oxidized on me after a couple of hours. I have tried it with so any different setting powders to no avail. It made me look snooki orange! Definitely not buying this product again. Plus it smells really gross...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by thelondongirl

amazing product!i rarely write reviews but after trying several foundations and coming back to this one i had to write a review!brilliant coverage without looking cakey!i have a lot of acne cars and it concealed everything without looking like i had a lot of makeup on!i've tried several foundations-chanel light reflecting foundation(extremely thick n cakey),chanel matte lumiere,mufe hd,mufe matte velvet(pretty good,great packaging),bobbi brown foundation stick(also quite good),nars sheer glow(not bad) and the worst!-clinique even better which has a horrible colour range thats way too pink,after trying all these foundations and more i have come to the conclusion that mac studio fix fluid is the BEST!and is also a great colour match for anyone with a south asian complexion,highly recommend it to anyone who requires a lot of coverage without looking cakey!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I love MAC but this foundation was really disappointing. I loved it the first hour I wore it until it started fading and it rubs off sooo easily! It was also very orange which I was told would subside but I think it got worse.

The next day I broke out in huge painful bumps under my skin in places where I never get spots. I gave the foundation a break for 2 weeks (the time it took for my skin to heal!) and then tried it again. Next day I broke out again, huge painful cysts! Took 3 weeks for those to heal.

So now I am just not prepared to suffer through that again. I don't know what this foundation contains but it blocks pores like crazy! So bummed I wasted my money, from the reviews on here I will be trying Revlon Colorstay next.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by loveforbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in color #C4.5.

This is one of those foundations I always go back to. It's not my HG foundation, I'm still searching for it in fact, but it's a good one to have in your makeup collection. People favor it because it's matte, has great full coverage, it's blendable, etc. It's just that sometimes it gets cakey, feels heavy, oxidizes, rubs off on clothes, and more commonly, causes breakouts. I personally have not had the problem of breaking out from this, but I find that it oxidizes if I wear it in the daytime heat, which is not attractive at all. I'm in the car and I look in the mirror to find my face looking disgusting and cakey! So that being said, I don't use it if I'm going to be outdoors when it's hot. I used to be #NC44, but no I find that to be extremely dark, so I changed to #C4.5, which matches me a lot better and brightens my face instead of oxidizing on me.

So, it's full coverage, you DO NOT need a lot to get good coverage. One pump is all you need...well, all I need anyway. It also sucks you have to buy a pump separately, but it's worth the investment since it prevents contamination of opening the bottle and controls how much you want to use. I apply it either with a damp wedge sponge or a traditional flat foundation brush. I finish it off with a setting powder, usually MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural.

Overall, yes, I would buy this foundation again, and I have bought it numerous times.