February 1, 2015 | 2055 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by lizlenert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the best colour match I’ve ever had for my light-medium yellow skin (NC25) and I wore it every day. I found that it transferred easily and had to be touched up throughout the day (not good for oily t-zone) however I put up with this because of the excellent colour match. Then a few weeks ago I noticed my clear skin suddenly had 3-4 pimples coming in every week, I quickly realised it was my studio fix fluid. I immediately stopped using it and am now using a mineral foundation, it took a couple of weeks but my skin is now clear again. I won’t be using Mac foundation again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Suza9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a generous sample of this, in NC15, which is the best the nice SA could match me with. The color is still WAY to dark for me, and a bit yellowish (i´m neutral).
I so wanted to love this, and the coverage is great and the texture is nice, but - WRONG color, and i have enough too dark foundations already.
PLEASE MAC, start selling lighter shades than NC/NW15, because there are LOTS of women who would buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Mary519

I don't like this foundation at all..now that I've found the right foundation my skin likes (Nars Sheer Glow). I'm an NC45 with combination skin (oily t-zone). The color matched very well and the first couple of hours looks really good but after that it oxidizes! My face looked orangey/yellow? And didn't even match down to my neck anymore. I also noticed that it makes me look white in pictures and I'm thinking that's from the SPF in it but I asked the MAC girl and she said this foundation looks great in pictures. But what I did like about this product is the packaging, it keeps it nice and clean with the pump and you can control how much u use without wasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I have clear skin, but i like the look of foundation. Since its summer and super hot, i apply this with a damp sponge so it still makes my face look flawless, but its not so heavy that it will melt off. yea the colors do run dark, but you can obviously see that when you look at the bottle, so i dont know why so many really pale people complain about that. if you are super pale, try illamasqua foundation. Studio Fix doesnt break me out and lasts 14+ hours

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I decided to get this because I didn't want to spend over $40 on my usual Bobbi Brown foundation that seems to be making me oily lately. After the SA found my color NW15, I happily took this home and could not wait to try it. When I applied it, it looked fine...but after being in the FL heat for about 10 minutes, I turned orange. Oompa Loompa? That was me. Not only did this oxidize, but when I scratched my cheek...my nail had an orange looking oil on it. I will attest that my skin is combination, but that is something that has never happened before. I returned this today

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Irenetennis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this foundation the last 3 years and i can say i am a fan! Although its a bit expensive ( 30 euros in greece) its worth the money because it stays in place for hours and hours even if you are playing in the sun in 35 degrees. Its coverage its really good and it goes on very smoothly preparing the skin for the other make up products. The only thing that is bad is that it doesnt smell that nice. But in general its a good choice especially if your skin is already in good condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hannelexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation on / off for three years and have never suffered any problems with it. I've tried many different foundations which have caused my dry skin all kinds of issues but Studio Fix Fluid never fails me!
It provides great coverage for my NC15 skintone without looking too cakey, to give it a more dewy look I mix it with a small blob of MAC Strobe Cream which does the trick nicely.

If it's within your price range, I highly recommend this product. However I can understand why people with acne prone skin should avoid this as it does layer on quite thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gilldiva

I love this foundation. It offers good coverage whilst still looking very natural. On me, it looks like skin, but just a really nice version of my skin!
I have skin which is oily in areas and this foundation controls shine well. I probably wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with dry skin.
Some reviewers have said that this product is heavy but applied properly, I have found this is not the case. I apply it sparingly using a foundation brush and the finish is natural but flawless. Also, because of this, this product lasts a long time. I aply two coats of this to my skin everyday and this lasts me for months.
I have used other foundations and always come back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by TrishyB

First thing... i hate the smell! it just smells really weird like a mix of chemicals.. yuck!
the coverage is good, its medium-full coverage - you can easily get medium coverage with a small amount, i got colour matched to nc40 and its very yellow based but not too obvious. i've only worn this afew times and it hasnt reacted with my skin as far as i know (and I'm a little scared to use it too often because of previous reviewers saying it broke them out), i'd only wear this during the day becasue of the SPF and i don't want to risk looking ghostly white in photos at night (although i havnt tried it). it's a good foundation if u want medium/full coverage, but for me it may be a little too heavy for everyday wear and the smell is just a turn off! But it does feel really smooth on the skin
I don't think i'd repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Good coverage (almost too good). Good shade choices.

CONS: Too thick and pasty for me. Doesn't come in a pump, so those who don't like to contaminate the makeup with their fingers won't like that aspect. Ended up oxidizing a little orange on me.

ALTERNATES: A cheaper dupe for this is Revlon's Colorstay Foundation, but it doesn't last on the skin quite as long. For something more matte and much cheaper: L'Oreal Visible Lift Age-Reversing Makeup. For H/E and dewy, I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're concerned about this settling in pores, you can pat L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base into pores first (and make sure to let it "set" for a minute, at least).