MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 9/14/2010 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have aproblem with foundations. I want one that stays on, and matte all day. Ive gone through many foundations over the years and this one was probably the one that did the job the best. Im not saying this on eif fantastic... but it did the job. I did find after a few hours you could 'see" it...
I will be continuing my search for the perfect foundations after Im done this bottle

on 9/13/2010 6:23:00 AM

I generally do like this product. The formula isn't runny, which is good because it gives a nice coverage without using a lot of product. There is a decent range to choose from also, and not just by color but also by undertones. I'm in NC35 which has a more yellow tone (I read complaints how that yellowish tone can be a problem. However, I have tan/golden-ish skin, so the yellow tone is just what I need). Also, I have patchy parts on my skin and the coverage of this foundation evens everything out so well.

CONS:
-Smell is HORRIBLE, but I can tolerate weird smells.
-For some reason, I feel like the lasting power isn't as great as revlon's colorstay. I can see it crack on my laugh lines after 6-8 hours.

If you have dry skin with a warm undertone, this foundation works well for you, especially for those who are looking for great coverage to even out the skin. I will repurchase this :).

on 9/11/2010 3:56:00 PM

I love this fuoundation. It can be light or heavy - you choose by the amount you put on your face. I have applied it both with a brush (kabuki) and my fingers and both work well. For the length of time this item lasts me I think the price is OK.

on 9/11/2010 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is fantastic. I have dry skin and I found that it was wearing a bit thin on my dry cheeks about midday. I have just trialed using a bit of Rimmel Lasting Finish 24hour underneath the MAC foundation and it is the perfect match. It stays perfect looking for hours and doesn't dry out at all.
I'll update this review if anything changes but for now it looks and feels great!
EDIT:
Breakouts, have to knock this rating down to two for the sheer fact that it is terrible for my skin

on 9/9/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few foundations I have repurchased. It gives great medium-to-heavy coverage, and it matches my skin well. It wears fairly well throughout the day as long as I keep the oil under control. However, I have oily skin so keeping the oil under control is sometimes a problem. I use MAC Select Sheer powder that matches this foundation and it is not usually enough to control the oil. When my skin gets too oily, the makeup starts to melt and look unnatural. But, I haven't found anything better, so I will keep using this until I do.

on 9/9/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this foundation. Here are the reasons why:
1. I have combination/ dry skin, it made the dry part of my face a lot more drier and made my oily part of my face more oily.
2. Color transfer, after taking a call on my cellphone, you could actually see the foundation transferring to my phone and I had to wipe it off.
3. Oxidation. I look very orange after a couple of hours.
4. The foundation doesn't last long and it would start slipping or should I say melt off my face.
5. I could get a refund as it doesn't apply over at the MAC counter in Hong Kong.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my FAVORITE foundation ever, and I've tried many different high end brands also drugstore brands.
I Use Nc40, and it covers very well.
I also use a concealer with it to help cover post acne scars.

on 9/7/2010 3:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use NC15 which I think a bit yellow tone on my face and it is hard to blend well on my face. My face will look dull and caking after noon.

on 9/6/2010 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not crazy about this. It just never seems to look the way I'd like it to look. Just something about it is off. It's a bit too heavy, too. I've used better foundations.

on 9/5/2010 10:36:00 PM

this is my favorite foundation so far. i'm OCD about my foundation, if its blotchy or uneven i freak out. im NC37 and my skin is dry though so i dont have the problem other people with oily skin have, even with applying a moisturizer before application. so i've tried other foundations but still always stick to this one. it stays on all day, even if i'm sweating i dont have to worry about it. its never splotchy or uneven and i never have to reapply all day. i really love it, i'm actually pretty addicted to it. my ONLY complaint is that it CAN get cakey and dark if you over apply. and it can emphasis your pores. so my advise is to use a primer before you apply, im trying out smashbox primer right now. i'll get back to you on that if it helps! i'm actually trying to find a foundation thats a little less heavy but with the same great coverage and finish and that lasts, but i haven't found one yet. (i tried to switch to LORAC's oil free foundation, and it didn't stay on and drove me crazy how often i had to reapply!)