MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

NC15, oily, prone to mild breakouts.

Pros:
Looks great for the first few hours
natural but matte finish
medium coverage, buildable to full
perfect color match (for me!)
feels light even with full application!

Cons:
settles and seperates after a few hours, even with primer
terrible packaging. no pump?!
smells a lil funky. might be the sunscreen though.

Final word:
I wanted to love this foundation. i really did. it looked so amazing when i put it on. i gave it a few days trial run, but it just doesn't last, and thats a deal breaker for me. and the packaging is just terrible, impossible to keep clean and sanitary. back to my regular, returning this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes on this foundation but it's not that good. I don't get why this product is so hyped.
PROS. Full coverage, natural look, spf, staying power.
CONS. It's not really matte, doesn't give any oil control, always transfers to my clothes, packaging could improve, made me break out.

My favourite foundation (and I have tried absolutely everything from CoverGirl to Chanel). It has excellent coverage, you can apply it in many different ways (stippling brush is my personal favourite), it stays on all day and never makes me break out. My only problem is that the colour selction is awful and after I lose my summer tan even NW20 is too dark for me. This is when I switch over to Revlon Color Stay (which I swear is the exact same formula). Overall, great product, especially if you can get a pump-dispenser that fits (well worth it, it will save so much!)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The coverage is amazing and it makes my skin look flawless. I know a lot of people say they break out but, Studio Fix Fluid has always been my HG foundation and I always make sure to have a bottle in my makeup stash. The color selection is amazing and it gives me a great medium coverage that lasts all day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I wish it came with a pump and I wish it was more natural looking, but I like this foundation for its incredible range of colors and tones. If you struggle to find your foundation match, MAC's SFF probably has something for you. However, I don't like the "makeup" look this gives me, which is great for photography, but too obvious for real life. Maybe I could apply and buff it out to look more skin-like, but who has time for that? Especially when there are soooo many other products like those from Dior, Hourglass, MUFE, Guerlain, etc. that require so little effort to get that, "My skin is naturally this gorgeous" look.

I've been wearing this foundation for years (since 2008). I was doing just great with it and I used to wear it everyday. No breakouts, no irritation, just perfection. One day I decided to venture out to find a "better" and "more lightweight/natural" foundation. I tried a bunch---Dior Forever, ELDW, Chanel Pro & Mat Lumiere, Clarins Everlasting, Clinique, BB Natural Finish, and the list goes on. Boy oh boy did I wreak havoc on my skin with all of these! You're either going to have a love or hate relationship with this foundation. Either it is going to completely ruin your skin or it is going to not do anything at all to it and actually make it better. Fortunately, I fall into the latter category. Thinking for a while that I was breaking out from this foundation, I rest assured that it was trying all the other foundations that made my skin terrible. This is GREAT for my skin and I am acne-prone and have THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN in the world!!! I feel like if anyone touches my face, I might just break-out, that's how bad it is.

The thing with this foundation is that even though it is very thick and paint-like, it is oil-free and does not contain the typical comedogenic ingredients that most other foundations do. I'm guessing it's probably b/c MAC was initially made only for make-up artists. It also covers beautifully---full coverage, but doesn't accentuate your dry spots like Chanel Teint Innocence and Chanel Mat Lumiere do. It dries to a powdery natural-matte finish and lasts all day. It doesn't really look "natural," I mean people will be able to tell you're wearing foundation, but it definitely makes your skin look absolutely flawless.

The trick to this foundation is to use a very light power on top. I use MAC Blot Powder to set the foundation. A lot of people use MAC's Sheer-Pressed or MAC's SkinFinish Natural. While those are incredibly beautiful powders, they're a bit heavy to wear on top of SFF and may cause that cakey white-trash effect that everyone tries to stay away from. And you're also going to feel as if your skin cannot breathe and is being suffocated with a heavy powder. The Blot Powder just sets it, and doesn't add any color or texture so your foundation just looks fresh all day. I've never had to re-blot the SFF as the Blot Powder is really effective upon its first application. I also apply this with Lancome's flat foundation brush, as that provides the heaviest and most flawless coverage.

Removal---I get rid of this foundation with Pond's Cold Cream. Then I wash my face with my BP Cleanser. This is a very tough foundation to remove as it has incredible lasting power. Make sure to get all of it off, otherwise you may have a zit or two in the morning. Of course, we cannot blame this on the foundation, only our laziness. =(

Guys, for those of us with sensitive skin who can tolerate this foundation wonderfully, my advice to you is to not venture out for something newer or better. They are sure to break you out and ruin your sensitive skin. Like I said, the reason my sensitive skin can tolerate SFF is due to a lack of typical comedogenic ingredients + the oil-free factor. Also note that just b/c a foundation is oil-free does NOT mean that it won't break you out. Ingredients like stearic acid and mystyric acid are sure to cause problems, but silicones in foundations are hit or miss.

Oh yeah and I have fair-medium skin and I wear NC20 b/c NC25 turns orange on me. I wear the Blot Powder in Medium-Dark since it runs light. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, email me. =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Used to love this until I found Estee Lauder Double Wear. Saying that, this foundation provides excellent coverage. When the MAC makeup artist did my foundation to colour match me..it looked absolutely amazing. I did not want to remove my makeup that night..but I did of course. My skin had NEVER looked so flawless. I did my foundation at home the next morning and of course it wasn't the same. I also love the smell. So many people complain about it but I love it. It didn't cause me to break out. It stays on a while, depending on the primer...Good but not great.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

New HG Foundation. I got matched in NW15 , which when compared to my Colourstay (150 Buff) is really orangey looking, but it looks fantastically natural on (which makes me wonder if 150 is the right colourstay colour for me!).

Pros: Dries REALLY quickly.
FANTASTIC coverage.
Lasts all day.
Looks natural.

Cons: SO EXPENSIVE ($NZ60 !!!! I'm a student and this is HUGE).
The smell - like paint.

I can get over the cons and will use this sparingly for days when I need my foundation to stay put all day.

EDIT: I was right about my initial reaction. This is WAAAY too orange for me. I guess MAC doesn't make a foundation light enough for me :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: great coverage and semi-matte dewy finish. The foundation lasts for a long time on my combination skin and i can forgo concealer for daily use.

Cons: it broke my cheeks out in 2 days! I never have reaction to foundations (liquid, creme, or powder). I was so disappointed that it broke me out this bad and it's taking more than a week to heal. arrggh.

I have good and bad things to say about this product. Mac Studio Fix Fluid gives you good coverage (medium buildable). I also noticed that it gives a smooth finish unlike many foundations. The downside of this product is its packaging. It would've been nice if it already came with a pump; pump is sold separately for $5, I think. But most of all I hate it because it breaks me out. My face just recently healed from breakouts it caused me 2 weeks ago and yesterday I thought I'd give it another try just to see if it was really this product that broke me out... sadly, it is. About 3-4 hours after putting it on my face I started to see pimples on my chin and around my mouth. I feel sad because I thought this was going to be my go-to foundation.