April 16, 2014 | 1879 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many liquid liners, and definitely prefer this one. I love that it's a real jet black. I use my 110 brush for this and it's great. It doesn't smudge and give me raccoon eyes, which are a HUGE pet peeves of mine. It stays all day and easily glides on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

I would say this product is average. I prefer Lancome's Artliner in slate over this one even though the Lancome one is more expensive. You need to be very precise on applying this. It doesn't allow much room for error. The color is the basic jet black and it stays. It was just ok for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the most overrated product. It is just so so, nothing great, but not bad either. Frankly I hardly use mine...for one it dries up way to easily and now it's too thick.
It also smudges, especially if you have oily lids. Not my favorite and I would not buy again. There are way better products like this out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT stuff. Does not budge and JET BLACK. If you are an eyeliner user....get it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, its okay. I don't think it really lives up to its hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by FracturedBroken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I still can't find a workable eyeliner. Every single one I've used smudges. This one doesn't smudge as much as some of the others I've tried. But since it does smudge I can't really justify the price for something that smudges. I'm guess I'm off to find something new to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by keturah70

This is my HG eye liner. I honestly do not know how I ever used a pencil!

I use my blacktrack with a Sonia Kashuk angle brush I got from Target. This brush gives me the option to have a thick or thin line, depending on the look.

This gel based liner goes on smooth and very true to color. Never a washed out faded black, always full on Jet black liner.

I've also used this as face paint, as a base for other eye makeup and it doesnt budge once it's dry. You can even use it on your waterline and it will stay put.

It's a fave and a definite repeat buy over and over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an hg product for me. It goes on super easy, lasts all day, and can be played up or down depending on what look you are going for. My only problem with it is that sometimes it stays too well. It takes some serious eye makeup remover to get this stuff off. I've had a different black fluidline before (glitz and glam I think?) and the texture of blacktrack is sooooo much better. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by libbymadx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's awesome as a base for black eyeshadow.Makes the black stay all day. It smudges really easily so I never use it as an actual eyeliner..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blacktrack was simply not black enough for my very dark brown eyelids, even after using a primer. It looked like a dull inky diluted black. Obviously this depends on your skin tone but this was the major reason for my disappointment. It does dry fast too so you have to work quickly before it sets--I don't have this problem with Clinique's True Black creme eyeliner or with Jane Mineral Gel Eyeliner for instance. Additionally the latter are extremely pitch black, which is what I was looking for. It did not irritate and was otherwise fine. I returned it.