September 17, 2014 | 1359 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by stephiem

I won a gift basket from MAC and this was included and I was ecstatic because I was planning on buying it anyway. This stuff is amazing. I usually use MAC's liquid eyeliner but I find it very unforgiving and if I mess up I've messed up my whole eye. Plus I don't like to use it under my eye because it's very harsh. Kohl eyeliners just smudge and run everywhere on me. This stuff is the perfect balance. It smudges like a kohl liner but stays put like a liquid liner. Perfect in every way. I will run out and buy this when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by viciouslove18

Best eyeliner! I had trouble finding an eyeliner that would stay all day and this does. It's really creamy and goes on super smooth and blends easily and then it dries super quick and stays put. I didn't have a problem with it smudging or creasing so I was pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner - applied with a 266 brush. It never smudges, or creases, or fades throughout the day. I don't wear much eye makeup during the day except for this and mascara. I have single-lidded Oriental eyes that have to be lined carefully every day so I don't look like I have hooded lids. Blacktrack is a wonderful, true black that provides a smooth application. Using it with a 266 brush takes some getting used to but after a while, you can do your eyes in 5 minutes or less every morning. I always touch up with a Q-tip if it gets into my water-line (the pink area underneath my top lashes). If I don't do this, I find it smudges below my eyes but I believe this is because of the way my eyes are shaped.

Note of caution: Fluidlines dry up like crazy if left open! By the end of one dry and cold winter in London, my fluidline had dried up and cracked like the Sahara desert! Never leave these open for too long and always make sure you close the screw-top real tight and they will last a lot longer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

I have asian almond shaped eyes and always had a problem with my eyeliner creasing to my eyelids. Thank goodness for this product because I never have to worry about that ever again!!! I've used this product for several years and have gotten almost everyone I know to use it too, my mom, friends, cousins, ect.. You can seriously put a bit on your hand, wait a few seconds, and it will hardly come off if you rubb it. I use the MAC synthetic slant brush. I've used a few others with fluidline that I did not like as much- sonya kashuk (too thick), sephora (ok quality), MAC non synthetic slant brush (frayed), and those skinny eyeliner brushes. I have also bought fluidline in blitz and glitz but like blacktrack more. One trick that a MAC makeup artist showed me was to put some eyshadow (I use smut) over the fluidline to give it a softer look. I did notice that this product would get dry halfway through but now I always make sure to twist close the lid between eyes. I also used to dip my brush in the pot which would expose more of the product to air and would dry easily, not to mention the messiness. I now swip my brush on each side so the product stays nice and smooth instead of messy like I did before. I think this helps make it last longer. A definite keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Charmin1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have recently joined the gel eyeliner crew. I am now a believer. I use it with the bent eyeliner brush and I'm in business. At first, I thought that black may be a bit too goth. But it so basic and it looks like it will last forever. I only need a little to cover the lash line. It's definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BaNGhAiR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am kind of picky for eyeliners because I have asian monolids.
After I wear eyeliner, it smudges very easily.
I tried BB gel eyeliners, lancomes, chanel...
Most of times, I wasn't happy about those products.
But this is the best gel eyeliner, ever!
Definately I'll buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome product. Goes on smooth and has an all day staying power. I still haven't found the perfect eye liner brush to use this with --- and I can't seem to shell out the 20 bucks for the MAC liner brush, but have had an ok time when using my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush. It is a bit pricey at $14, but for the amount of product you get, it's a good investment! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ksasr05

I just bought this stuff and I am really liking it so far. It glides on smoothly and I can get a thin, precise line all the way...I can't wait to buy different colors of this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG gel eyeliner! I have tried Bobbi Brown, Smashbox and even drugstore's Jane but I haven't found any I liked as much as this one! I love the cute bottle, the intensity of the black (without being to flat and boring) and staying power! I use my Trish Mcevoy eyeliner brush, either Angled Eye-Lining Brush #50 or Precise Eyelining Brush #11. I use #11 for a more thinner, clean line. Anyways, I'm pretty good with using a liner brush now so I just use 1-2 strokes to glide this product across my lash line and it results in a clean, brilliantly black line that really defines my eyes and makes them look bigger and brighter. For day, I just draw in a thin black line but for night, I just wipe it on for a thicker, sexier line and it looks amazing. It also doesn't flake throughout the day and doesn't fade too noticably! Stays true black and stays perfect, as long as you don't rub it too much! Amazing product! I will repurchase this whenever I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by gaspgirlox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ADORE this stuff!
My waterline is very, VERY watery and therefore all pencil eyeliners come off in 2 seconds, and all liquid eyeliners run into my eye. This is the solution