April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

First of all I gotta say I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I've been disappointed with Sonia Kashuk loose powder because it does not give me coverage and it is expensive for a small jar and the color varieties are very little to chose from. Then I stumbled upon the reviews for this powder and I was curious so I bought it and I am very impressed. The container is very cute and unique, and the color matches my skin very well, I used Medium Sand and it's great for Asian skin with undertone like myself. It does a great job at keeping my face looking fresh but since I'm oily, I suggest that u don't use any lotion before this otherwise your face will get oily after 2 hours. This is my HG powder and I'm glad that they have better product now than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by htebazile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I felt this one had decent possibilities. Guess I just fell for their "air soft matte perfection" shpiel because it left me looking chalky. As do most of Maybelline products. Choose this in latte and it looked like it would be a warmer toned color on than it really was. Will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the lightest shade of Fair (light 0-1) on the very first day the new display was out. I don't know what inspired me to try it, as I hated the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and am only so-so on the dream mousse blushes & e/s. But something told me to buy this. I am SO glad I did! I was looking for a velvety soft, nearly invisible pressed powder and this has become my HG. After 2 days of using it I went back to the store and purchased a backup--it was THAT good! The color choices are numerous, this gives a perfect matte finish and makes my face feel soft and smooth all day. I've already hit pan on my first compact because I use it almost daily. My only complaint would be the packaging. The swivel bottom has tried numerous times to eat my puff, and the first puff that came with it? Well, it died 2 weeks in. Just fell apart! But puffs are cheap & easy to replace so I didn't mind, since the product itself is FANTASTIC!! Will continue to repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this. In fact, it looks great on my skin. The powder is very finely milled and goes on nicely. It was easy to find a perfect color match.

Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. After weeks of really great-looking skin, I started having breakouts around the time I started using this. And this was the only change in my skincare and makeup routine.

This is some of the worst packaging ever. The swivel base and mirror combination just doesn't make sense and makes the product more difficult to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for a few weeks now, and i can honestly say its fantastic! It has great staying power for my super-oily skin and lasts all day and layers well too. The colors are all neutral, but i suggest you apply this with a brush instead of the puff it comes with for more even application...overall my HG powder!

P.S. I break out from everything and i havent broken out from this!!

update: I BROKE OUT FROM THIS WHENEVER I TRIED TO USE IT.....DOWNGRADE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Just bought this and tried it for the first time... I LOVE it! I gives a very smooth, natural-looking finish and matches my skin really well considering I didn't spend a lot of time picking out the perfect shade (I just guessed). I'm probably going to wear it in place of foundation most days, since I don't want/need a lot of coverage, just evening out my skin. So far so good!
    The packaging sucks, though, as other people have mentioned. I don't get why the mirror and puff are in a separate compartment underneath, which is hard to open. Doesn't bother me too much, though, since I'll probably be applying it with my own makeup brush and not on-the-go. In fact, I think that using the puff is what makes you look chalky or mask-like... using a soft brush eliminates those problems!
    It stays on pretty well - no obvious rubbing off.
    The oil-control is the best part; my face doesn't look shiny at all in ANY pictures taken recently. And most importantly - does not cause breakouts!!!
    UPDATE: Months later, I am still using this stuff every day in place of foundation! My skin looks so much better than it did when I used to wear a lot more makeup. This is definitely my HG - my one desert-island piece of makeup I wouldn't give up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. I never buy products from the drugstore, until my recent money bind, and I love love this, and that's coming from someone who usually only buys high-end brands. This gave me a flawless finish, that didnt look fake at all. Will definately be using this powder from now on, so cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Edit... just used MUFE HD powder and I won't look back at any other powders!

Beautiful! I use it to set my overall makeup and my skin looks nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Akear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never repurchased a powder before. Powder has always been my never-ending quest, but I am now on my THIRD compact of this.For the most part, I've always preferred loose powder but I work 12 hour shifts now and needed something I could carry in my bag. I bought this on a whim in "cream" and my relationship with powder changed immediately. I use this EVERY single day, and I use to hardly ever use powder. First, the color matches are really good for me. Cream has been great, but I also have a backup of "fair" for winter. Next, I have NO shine with this, even on humid days and over an unfortunately greasy sunscreen. As the weather gets cooler and my skin gets drier I get flaky, but this powder is not accentuating that like others have. I have actually been wearing this on its own most of the time - something else I've never done w/ a pressed power aside from Studio Fix. The coverage is perfect, but ironically I can also touch up as many times as I want during the day and I don't get cakey!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find anything wrong with it and I like I said, I've never liked one powder so much that I repurchased and I'm 3 compacts into this with a backup :) The only thing I sort of don't like is that the mirror is a little awkward in my opinion, and if you don't put the puff powder-side up on the mirror the mirror gets gross. I also immediately toss the sponge it comes with and use better quality ones that I buy seperately.

GREAT product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So far I am impressed with this product.I decided to try it after the reviews I read on here. CVS was having a sale so I got it for $5. I bought this product in dark 2-3 and it matches me perfectly. It gives me a nice matte finish. My skin is usually dry so I moisturize before putting it on. The reason I like this product because it makes my morning makeup regimen so much easier. A downside to this is that it wears off during the day but I don't have a problem reapplying. I was a little confused when I first bought it. My first question was "How the heck do I open this?" But after 5 minutes I got the hang of it. From the reviews I read, I gather that people don't care for the packaging. However, I like it. It's something new and once you get used to it, it's not really a problem. Also I usually have a problem with getting powder on the mirror and the packaging puts an end to that. I would totally buy this again