July 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wooohoooo. I finally found my HG pressed powder that controls shine all day. I have dry and sensitive skin, BUT, I use a very very emollient high powered sunscreen, (La Roche Posay-Anthelios with Mexoryl) which gives me a little more 'dew' on the face, and that is why I need a good lasting powder to control this 'dew-shine'. I am PPP, and bought the two lightest colors, "Ivory" is pinkish, and "Cream" is more yellowish; but they really both work the same, not any glaring difference in the color effect. I use both of them interchangeably, and love them. It controls shine all day! I will buy again. Thanks Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I'm not especially impressed with this powder. The color match is pretty good, though Maybelline should expand their shade range. I bought this hoping that it'd work better than other drugstore pressed powders at keeping my oilies at bay, but alas, no luck. I got just as oily using this as anything else. And if I use this without blotting my face beforehand, it has a tendency to sit on my skin and look dry, dusty and mask-like. That is, except for the parts of my face that are shining like grease traps.

Unlike almost everyone else, I like the packaging. I like having a separate compartment for the applicator, though I agree that the mirror could've been put elsewhere. But the (relatively high) price and lackluster performance will prevent me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

First of all I gotta say I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I've been disappointed with Sonia Kashuk loose powder because it does not give me coverage and it is expensive for a small jar and the color varieties are very little to chose from. Then I stumbled upon the reviews for this powder and I was curious so I bought it and I am very impressed. The container is very cute and unique, and the color matches my skin very well, I used Medium Sand and it's great for Asian skin with undertone like myself. It does a great job at keeping my face looking fresh but since I'm oily, I suggest that u don't use any lotion before this otherwise your face will get oily after 2 hours. This is my HG powder and I'm glad that they have better product now than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by htebazile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I felt this one had decent possibilities. Guess I just fell for their "air soft matte perfection" shpiel because it left me looking chalky. As do most of Maybelline products. Choose this in latte and it looked like it would be a warmer toned color on than it really was. Will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the lightest shade of Fair (light 0-1) on the very first day the new display was out. I don't know what inspired me to try it, as I hated the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and am only so-so on the dream mousse blushes & e/s. But something told me to buy this. I am SO glad I did! I was looking for a velvety soft, nearly invisible pressed powder and this has become my HG. After 2 days of using it I went back to the store and purchased a backup--it was THAT good! The color choices are numerous, this gives a perfect matte finish and makes my face feel soft and smooth all day. I've already hit pan on my first compact because I use it almost daily. My only complaint would be the packaging. The swivel bottom has tried numerous times to eat my puff, and the first puff that came with it? Well, it died 2 weeks in. Just fell apart! But puffs are cheap & easy to replace so I didn't mind, since the product itself is FANTASTIC!! Will continue to repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this. In fact, it looks great on my skin. The powder is very finely milled and goes on nicely. It was easy to find a perfect color match.

Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. After weeks of really great-looking skin, I started having breakouts around the time I started using this. And this was the only change in my skincare and makeup routine.

This is some of the worst packaging ever. The swivel base and mirror combination just doesn't make sense and makes the product more difficult to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for a few weeks now, and i can honestly say its fantastic! It has great staying power for my super-oily skin and lasts all day and layers well too. The colors are all neutral, but i suggest you apply this with a brush instead of the puff it comes with for more even application...overall my HG powder!

P.S. I break out from everything and i havent broken out from this!!

update: I BROKE OUT FROM THIS WHENEVER I TRIED TO USE IT.....DOWNGRADE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Just bought this and tried it for the first time... I LOVE it! I gives a very smooth, natural-looking finish and matches my skin really well considering I didn't spend a lot of time picking out the perfect shade (I just guessed). I'm probably going to wear it in place of foundation most days, since I don't want/need a lot of coverage, just evening out my skin. So far so good!
The packaging sucks, though, as other people have mentioned. I don't get why the mirror and puff are in a separate compartment underneath, which is hard to open. Doesn't bother me too much, though, since I'll probably be applying it with my own makeup brush and not on-the-go. In fact, I think that using the puff is what makes you look chalky or mask-like... using a soft brush eliminates those problems!
It stays on pretty well - no obvious rubbing off.
The oil-control is the best part; my face doesn't look shiny at all in ANY pictures taken recently. And most importantly - does not cause breakouts!!!
UPDATE: Months later, I am still using this stuff every day in place of foundation! My skin looks so much better than it did when I used to wear a lot more makeup. This is definitely my HG - my one desert-island piece of makeup I wouldn't give up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. I never buy products from the drugstore, until my recent money bind, and I love love this, and that's coming from someone who usually only buys high-end brands. This gave me a flawless finish, that didnt look fake at all. Will definately be using this powder from now on, so cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Edit... just used MUFE HD powder and I won't look back at any other powders!

Beautiful! I use it to set my overall makeup and my skin looks nice!