MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/10/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've only been using this for a couple of days but I must say it is so much better than studio sculpt. Unlike studio sculpt, studio fix fluid is not thick, greasy and doesn't transfer throughout the day. Also, my MAC lady gave me a pump for free so packaging wasn't an issue.

Will update later.

on 8/9/2010 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

That's such a so-so product.Bought it last year but only used few times.

Pros: Color is nice, coverage is medium and buildable.Easy to blend as well.
Cons: No UVA protecting ingredients. Potential cause of irritation.Stings my skin upon application even my skin is super hypoallergic. Moreover, it doesn't last at all. It almost vanished on my oily skin after two hours after application and was oxidized to a terrible orangish color in the late afternoon. Worst of all, it gives me zits!!!!!! Every time I used it, I noticed small break-out the next day.

Overall: MAC foundations have somewhat a bad reputation for causing zits, and this one is definitely the case for me. Would not recommend.

on 8/8/2010 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

At first, I was very excited to buy this foundation because it was my first one from MAC Cosmetics. I was perfectly fine with the packaging, even though it didn't come with a pump. I also wasn't worried that it was in a glass bottle because I tend to be careful with storing and handling my makeup. I opened the bottle and it smelled slightly like paint, which I wasn't too crazy about. This was the first time I spent my money on a non-drugstore liquid foundation.

I applied it for the first time on my face with a stippling brush. I was extremely pleased with the consistency and coverage it immediately gave my face! I then used a concealer brush to layer the foundation on the spots that needed some extra coverage. I was happy that it covered most of the dark areas under my eyes (probably because I used an NW tone rather than NC).

After the day passed, without retouching or looking into the mirror, I noticed bumps growing on my face. I am CRAZY allergic to this product. I'm upset that this affordable, yet good quality foundation doesn't work for my skin.

I have very fair skin, and even the lightest shade was too dark for me. It oxidized on my skin, turning a strange orange color. It felt thick and goopy, and just overall gross on my skin. Not a good foundation choice.

on 8/7/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Smelled a little funky but I looked past that. It made my skin look FLAWLESS (when MSFN is used as powder) but...2 days later I have crazy amounts of pimples....UGH!

on 8/7/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I brought this in shade NC30 which is a great evening/going out colour for me but a little too dark for every day ecsprecially when im paler int he winter.

There is a good range of colours for this foundation and i asked the assistant to help match me up. The coverage is medium buildable, and i find it is best applied with a foundation brush as a sponge make it a too sheer coverage for my liking.

Once applied it can feel a little bit tacky and definatly needs setting with a powder, it lasts fairly well but not all day. I find after going clubbing it is generally still in place.

The price isn't too bad compared to some other good brands an is overall a good quality foundation, i think it was around £19.

One thing to take into account is the packaging it comes in a glss bottle which is annoying as you have to ti the product out and i tend to use too much, however a pump is sold seperatly which i highly reccommend, although i didn't use a pump for my 1st bottle of this foundation i will definetly get 1 when i repurchase. Also due to the glass bottle it is hard to use every last bit up.

I reccommend trying this product if you are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation but definatly take advantage of the in store make up artists and ask them to apply it, it is best to wear the foundation for a bit before buying it as everyones skin takes differently to different foundation.

on 8/7/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

sheers out well and is buildable for better coverage. doesnt melt/wipe off or change color through the day, yet removes easily with soap and water. spf is a plus ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Attn: Women with oil, acne prone skin...READ ME.

I rarely write reviews, but I have to speak on this.

I am a black woman in my late twenties who's always struggled with acne since I was 12. I was overjoyed when my mother allowed me to wear makeup and finally began wearing it on a fairly regular basis when I was 16.

I was introduced to MAC in 2004 and I've worn it Studio Fix in about every form since then. It offered great coverage for my terribly uneven skin. I also loved the new compliments beign showered on me as well. lol...The problem with having acne is the constant desire to cover up the scars and hyperpigmentation caused by breakouts. It was like a never ending cycle of breakouts and cover ups. I'd noticed that my skin has gotten worse in every way over the past 5-6 years, but always attributed it to hard luck and bad genes.

I finally decided to read some reviews on MAC SFF (wearing it for the last 2 years on a daily basis to cover up my disastrous, uneven skin). I ran into some GREAT reviews for the product, but also saw some not so great reviews about it. Users discussed the appearance of black heads and whiteheads on the day of or immediately after wearing SFF.

I didn't want to believe that my beloved MAC could possibly be wreaking havoc on my skin. It was my HG Foundation! It was like being told that my best friend was the one who's been spreading rumors about me. I mean, every best friend has flaws (oxidation, easily transfers, fades after a couple of hours of wear), but you deal with it because she's your bestie. You refuse to believe that she's really an enemy. LOL...you don't want to believe it....SOOOOO, I continued to use my MAC! Finally after counting no fewer than 8 eruptions during December 2009 on my face, including two large, painful nodules, I decided I had to truly figure out if MAC was really a frenemy!

I did some research on the internet and was on the search for another foundation. I'd had bad experiences with mineral makeup (ashy, gray looking on my skin tone), but read in article after article that it was a good option. I finally decided on a product line about two months ago. I purchased a mineral foundation and wore it for a week and a half. I experienced no breakouts. I was shocked. I really was. And it washed off SO easily (something MAC SFF doesn't do). I switched to MAC SFF for a few days to test my skin's reaction--Breakout CITY.

In all fairness, I think liquid foundation with medium to full coverage in general, is horrible for women with oily, acne prone skin. I did the same thing with MUFE HD the week before last, wearing it for 4 consecutive days, only to breakout with 4-5 new little treasures. I'm still dealing with two that refuse to go away. Other than that, I'm back to my mineral foundation and all is well in the world. My next step is to find a derm who will prescribe me prescription grade fade cream/gel.

Final thoughts:
The worst part about being addicted/loyal to this product, or any medium to full coverage liquid foundation, is that you could, as I did for years, ignore the idea that it's tearing your skin up.

If you've had a great results with this product, good for you! The makeup is beautiful and the foundation selection is huge. If you are an oily, acne prone girl, who doesn't have problems with this product, again, GREAT! Just saying, if your skin has grown worse, and you KNOW it's grown worse, look into mineral foundation or no foundation at all....It's not worth the emotional baggage that comes along with having jacked up skin, not even for ONE day....

Love.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation!! I was very dubious to try it at first due to soooo many people saying they had broken out from it. Which put me off as I have some slight acne scars and often get pimples, therefore i did not want to make my skin any worse. I was tempted to buy this online, however I recomend going to a counter and getting matched to a foundation as there is not a lot you can do if the colour is wrong!! I bought this in Harrods in London due to it being cheaper there compared to australian prices. I was matched to a nc37, which is PERFECT for my skin!! The mua used a two main brushes to apply it, the 191 and the 188 (around my acne scars). I noticed instantly how high the coverage is!! I was actually quite shocked, ive never come accross a drugstore foundation that could even come close to the coverage of this one!

I also used this foundation whilest on holiday in Italy, where the temperatures were in the high 30s for the month of july and it lasted ALL day!!! especially when i paired it with the NP set Pre Foundation Primer.

What I also love about this foundation is the OPTION to buy a pump!!!! if only other brands took that into consideration that we want PUMPS!!! Ideally it would be nice that this foundation would come with a pump, however once you buy the pump, you can reuse it.

Im deffinitely repurchasing this!!

on 8/5/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't need too much coverage in my foundations, but when I want to look extra flawless and matte for special occasions etc., I use this! It's a bit too heavy for regular use, though. And this foundation can look a little cakey if you apply too much but honestly, it has good coverage that you shouldn't need too apply that much. So far this has not made me breakout and I've been using it off and on for a few years now. Will probably not repurchase because I want to try out other foundations, but has definitely served it's purpose while I had it!