MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/22/2010 6:59:00 AM

Ok so I decided that I needed to try some MAC products because of rave reviews I've seen. I went to my local MAC counter in search MACs studio fix foundation powder. I had the sales rep match me and for some reason it went on kinda ashy bcuz of my hyperpigmented combination skin. She the recommended liquid. I was like...omg..no. I usually don't do liquid foundation but went ahead and had her try it on me. That was the best thing I ever did. My skin looked flawless...hell...even my large pores appeared smaller. She recommended the mineralize skin finish in naturally medium which I love. Seriously...this is now my HG FOUNDATION.....TRY IT. Oh if anyones wondering...I'm an NC35.

on 8/22/2010 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Firstly let me explain myself - I will spend what it takes to get a good product. I'm neither high end makeup/nor drugstore junkie. I buy and try whatever I like, although I tend to use drugstore makeup when it comes to eyeshadows and mascaras (which need replacing every couple of months). So, here's what I thought of this MAC foundation -
I just don't get the hype surrounding this product. The medium/heavy version made my skin greasy and I hated it. The medium coverage was ok, nothing special at all. To be honest its one of those foundations that I have little to say about. I had great expectations with it being a high end brand and expected my skin to look flawless. In actual fact my current Revlon foundation does a better job and is half the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really had a hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone since im fair & don't want to look like a halloween pumpkin. This foundation has answered my prayers! it has nice coverage without feeling cakey or gross. Only complaint is that there isn't a pump but I don't mind too much.

on 8/20/2010 8:15:00 PM

LADIES LADIES i have already written a review for this product when i first started using it , i actually stopped becuase it is TERRIBLE, i ran out of ysl recently and had too use this for a week now thanks to ''STUDIO FIX'' my chin and cheek has broke out in horrendous horrendous spots and bumps VERY painful i never ever get spots! my face looks terrible its by far the worst foundation ive ever used

on 8/20/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite foundation by far. I have very oily skin that is uneven in colour and it sometimes breaks out, so I asked the girl at MAC to pick me out one and this stuff is great! I look flawless and porcelain, like a doll according to my fiancé, and my skin doesn't look all red and blotchy anymore, even when I blush which is nice. It stays on pretty well, but I do have to blot my face a couple times during the day, but that's not the make ups fault, its my stupid super oily faces fault:P A little goes a long way since it is pretty thick, if you put too much on you'll have a cake face look. I just ran out of my first bottle today after 7 and a half months so even though its pricey it's worth it in the end. It also doesn't change colour and make you turn orange as the day goes on like cheap drug store make up. You can go out feeling confident that no one is looking at your foundation, they are just looking at you!

Love love love this product!! Have been using it for years now and I can say this is my go to foundation. I dont have that many skin issues other than the occassional blemish and slight redness. It works wonders with evening out my skin tone. I use mac mineral finish in natural to set it and im good pretty much all day (unless its super hot, then i touch up the tzone with mineral finish). <3 NC25

on 8/20/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

-does NOT cover well enough; i have blemishes all over and now muatter how i applied you could still see it a little.

-spreads out too much, not thick enough

-transfers like crazy

-don't get this if you're oily!

on 8/20/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, but I still used Mac studio fix fluid, it had great coverage, but after an hour or so my face looked disgustingly oily. I always cared for my skin used a good moisturizer, but my face broke out. It was terrible, my skin was horrible when I had no makeup on, once I put on the makeup I felt better because I wouldn't see my acne or blemishes, until one day I said that's itI should stop covering the terrible acne I have and start doing something for my skin. People would tell my that they could tell I was breaking out a lot and they would say it was my makeup I was using, but I would just say no, and said to myself it's just stress that's causing my face to break out, but sadly is was the Mac fluid that was messing up my face. I switched from Mac studio fix fluid to Clinique acne solutions liquid makeup and my face looks better then ever...I willl not but MAC again it ruined my face!!!!

on 8/20/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this product - I've been using it ever since I was a teen and this product has always served me well - so far I have never found the need to buy another foundation. Back in highschool my skin was pretty prone to break outs and almost every foundation either made the problem worse or didn't provide enough coverage but Studio Fix solved this problem in no time flat. This product sits well on my skin and provides maximum coverage. Although my skin no longer breaks out it is oily and unlike a lot of products this still manages to get the job done through a full 8 hour work day and STILL doesn't clog my pores! Huzzah for finding good coverage at last.

on 8/20/2010 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to buy this product because it was my first MAC foundation. I have heard that it broke people out, so I was skeptical, but since it was only $26 (compared to NARS and MUFE), I thought I would take the risk. I applied it with a stippling brush and I LOVED it! I loved how flawless I looked, I got a lot of compliments too. It felt smooth on my skin as well, and looked very natural. BUUUUT... after only one day of using it I got little bumps on my cheek and my chin. They're not noticable bumps, but if I kept using this foundation, no doubt would I have had pimples. I'm so upset that I can't use this product, but I will keep it to use for special occasions.

PROS:
- Goes on like silk.
- Blends easily.
- Does not oxidize.
- Has SPF.
- You will definitely find your shade of color.

CONS:
- May break you out.
- Does not come with a pump.