July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

This is a decent mascara. I wish I was more positive about it but it doesn't measure up to my previous mascara, Lancome Definicils. It's still pretty good, lightweight, not full of clumps and it makes the lashes a little longer. But it's no Definicils.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Shelleybell71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it first came out, and it became my HG. That was before I discovered Lancome Hypnose. Then I moved on to YSL Faux Cils which is what I use now. But anyway I got a GWP size of this and now I think I really like it again. It's also much cheaper than YSL. I think you have to let it thicken up a little bit to get the full effect. I am going to try YSL on one eye, and this on the other eye to figure out which one I like the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

Very nice mascara for those looking for something dramatic. Makes my lashes really dark and lush with a slight curl. But even though it doesn't smudge, it flakes into my contact lenses. :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is a very schizophrenic mascara. If you use one of the mini GWP tubes that Clinique hands out, you probably won't like it - it gets really clumpy really quickly. But then I got a much larger tube as a GWP and it was great! Made my lashes lovely and thick with no clumps at all. So try the bigger size, definitely - this is a keeper for a good "office" mascara (I have really tiny eyelashes and need all the help I can get). The only problem I have with this is that it might not work well in the summertime because it's not even remotely waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I for one really like this mascara--builds volume and gives a dramatic effect. I didn't find that it clumped, smudged, or flaked so it's good in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by migrithea

This is the best Mascara I have tried. It goes on nicely without clumping and it doesn't give me raccoon eyes. *EDIT* Fall 2006: I have tried L'Extreme By LANCOME and find it even better + Worth the extra $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by 01234

Update****I feel like they changed the formula. This used to never smudge, but now I notice that it does. It also doesn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler as well as it used to. I'd rather by less expensive, drugstore mascara now that it doesn't seem to do what it used to. I still love how it builds upon itself. What a shame.

Update**** This mascara NEVER smudges. It lasts all day.

Original review**** Perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more in a mascara. I think how this is applied has a lot to do with whether you'll like it or not. I just kinda attack my lashes with this, and end up with cutey flirty lashes. Can't believe it doesn't have better reviews. Give it a try, give it time to get use to it, and you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a quite good mascara. It won't give you the volume and thichness it promises, but a nice every day look. I wish it would also be available in brown color, not just black and dark brown. The finish is nice, natural and slightly glossy. I wouldn't buy it (received it as a gift) because it doesn't give me enough volume, but it's still a nice maskara. My favourite mascaras are still L'oreal Le Grand Curl, Volume 4x and Rimmel Exaggerate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by QueenB2784

I have very long, curly lashes and this seemed to shorten them if that is possible! They didn't look as long and lush as normal and they seemed shorter and stubbier! It was not what I expected and I will not be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2005 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bubblegum83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is water resistant, so it does run quite a bit from perspiration or tears. I like mascara that make my lashes hard, so that it will stand. This does not give me the effect I want. I don't recommend this for Asians with small eyes and short lashes. Check out Lash Power by Clinique instead.