October 30, 2014 | 1710 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is the fourth time I have purchased this mascara. I love it! I bought in Plum first, but they don't carry that anymore so I've moved to black/brown which is a typical Clinique color. The brush is wet and thick, and the application feels much "fuller" than with other mascaras (Max Factor formulas seem dry to me, even if I like the effect). I don't have a problem with smudging or flaking, but that could just be me. I get very full lashes- it doesn't do too much for length, but it does fatten up lashes substantially. I will repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in a GWP and am so happy I didn't listen to the SA who tried to convince me to buy it. Because as far as I'm concerned, this is one of the worst mascaras I've tried in a while, period. The formula is extremely heavy and clumpy and had a nasty smell to boot. I applied it to my freshly curled lashes and it immediatley weighed them down, pulled out the curl and made them clumpy, spidery and brittle. High Impact my you-know-what! BOO! I did like the big, soft fluffy brush though. Needless to say I would never EVER buy this. Save yourself the money and disappointment by ignoring this next time you're at a Clinique counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2005 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jenbridge

Pros: nice black color, glossy after application, thickening, no raccoon eyes
Cons: too wet, too much product on brush each time i take it out, could do better job at separating and lengthening (i have short lashes), smears before it gets to dry

i got this as a small sample included w/ eye shadows. it's a good product & not cheap (the whole Cliniqe line generally), but for me, i would want more length and separation, otherwise, it'd be a great mascara, just not exactly what i'm looking for. I would've actually rated it as 'between' a 3 and 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

Nothing impressive about this mascara. The color is nice and black, but the formula is simply too wet and clumpy on my lashes. I tried to comb them out with my lash comb, but it made a huge mess -- blech! Thankfully it was just a GWP, and I ended up giving it to a friend anyway (who didn't feel squirmish about using already-used mascara...). She thought it was decent however, and it didn't clump on her as badly as it did on me, so that's why I'm giving it 2 lippies. Try the Naturally Glossy Mascara if you want a really good one, but otherwise, pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glad I got this as a GWP, cause this is a thoroughly mediocre mascara. The thickening and lengthening were ok (not sure which it's actually supposed to do), but the smudging at the end of the day - YIKES! Definitely would not buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2005 8:23:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After months of using this about twice a week and now that I own a 5x magnifying mirror, my initial opinion that this is a reasonable mascara has changed to: this is an excellent mascara! I can see that it remains smooth and doesn't deposit little mascara balls on my lashes as, for instance, my still beloved Voluminous does. The black is a true deep black and darkens and gently upsweeps my lashes with very few strokes, and it doesn't smudge. My preference is for a skinnier brush a la Lancome Definicils but I'm used to the High Impact brush now and this is definitely one I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KatieSix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A good mascara overall; however, I can't tell much of a difference between this and Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara (my normal everyday mascara). It does the job for me and never clumps, but if you're looking for dramatic volume or length, you may want to look elsewhere. If Naturally Glossy were discontinued or out of stock, this would be my second choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by whengophersgobad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered the greatness of this mascara when I left my makeup at my friends house and had to use my moms. She uses this, and after putting it on my eyelashes they looked AMAZING. Especially paired with an eyelash curler. I love this I NEEED to get some of my own. SOON.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:25:00 PM More reviews by angela5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked pretty well. It really coats your lashes, no need for re-application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thickened pretty well, lengthening was not that bad either, kept the curl, easy to clean, a little clumpy and no flakes. But it gets way too messy and smudges too often against my cheek. In that way, it made this pretty decent mascara worse. Will not repurchase and am giving my GWPs to friends now on.