Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 12/25/2002 10:20:00 AM

Coco Mademoiselle is a lovely scent, which I will definitely continue to keep in my fragrance wardrobe. Slightly spicy, but very feminine, it's great for fall/winter. A super-sophisticated, mature, unique, attention-getting, long-lasting winner from Chanel. The element that some people describe as "masculine" I prefer to think of it as "empowering."

on 12/19/2002 11:33:00 AM

INCREDIBLY SEXY!!! I get comments every time I wear this. It's a much softer, fruitier version of coco. the notes i smell most are mango and vanilla. i absolutely adore this fragrance - the perfume is quite strong, so be careful not to overdo it. this perfume is a man magnet!!

on 12/5/2002 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I enjoyed this scent most on the fragrance strips - there I smelled notes of mango and floral notes.
However, on me, the scent was a mismash of notes vying for dominance - loud and somewhat abrasive.
I realized suddenly when I was wearing it that no matter how gently I attempted to spray it, it was a loud perfume - the sort of scent that attacks others when they pass by, not the quiet and inviting type of scent I prefer.

I would have preferred this scent if the spray allowed for a much smaller and gentler application, or for the spray top to be removed for direct application. The staying power of this scent was very long - upwards of six hours.
continued >>

on 11/24/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this perfume. I hate the cloying/heavy way it feels. It makes me want to take a shower. Way overrated.

on 11/19/2002 8:58:00 AM

Mainstream. Said enough.

Finally a Chanel fragrance that I do like. This won't be a everyday fragrance for me but maybe for a special occasion. One word of caution: one spritz is really all you need. Anymore and it can become cloying.

on 10/4/2002 9:30:00 PM

Gorgeous. My all-time favorite scent. I idiotically attempted to take it on vacation with me in a soft travel bag, which I checked at the airport ticket counter. When I retrieved my bag, the bottom corner of the glass bottle had broken off and my perfume was no more. But my bag still smells amazing! I do intend to buy this again! Great staying power!

on 8/27/2002 6:25:00 PM

This is a really lovely fragrance sort of swwt and sophisticated. I love this on other people. though it's not really something I can wear myself.

on 8/3/2002 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE 22/03/06 Totally rewrote my review: This is my signature scent. I wore it through 2001-2003, then off and on in 2004, 2005. Now I've finally settled down with it permanently because I just can't stick with anything else. Other perfumes are okay for a few days or even a week, but then I get hankering for some Coco Mlle, and I just have to have it. Some days I don't even feel like myself if I'm not wearing it.
It's a citrusy burst that eventually turns into a deep patch-vetiver and vanilla scent. The EDT and EDP are two different scents, with the EDT heavy on the musk, but I like wearing them both. EDT for day and EDP for night.
I find it's gotten less popular in the last few years which is good, one of the reasons I tried to get away from this was the immense popularity, but I just couldn't let go.
Guys find this fragrance sexy as hell on me. That just added to my strong hold on it. I can't live without it.

on 7/31/2002 4:39:00 PM

Just a no!

Nothing special IMO. I can't remember the smell although I tried it several times because I wanted to love it....

Popular Fragrances