Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 7/25/2002 4:45:00 PM

When I smelled it on a fragrance strip (forced upon me by a fragrance SA), I thought I smelled freshly cut mangoes. That came as a surprise to me as well, as I expected milky, warm, spicy sweetness that I normally don't like. I have to say that I love the initial half an hour of Coco Mlle - gorgeous, delicious fruity floral! However, when I put a teeny dab on my wrist, I was knocked back a little by how heady it is. I still love the top notes, but just can't imagine spraying myself with it. The drydown is a little milky floral with a touch of spice (the patchouli isn't too overwhelming and I'm not a patchouli fan), with the fruity notes waving in and out. Not bad, esp. considering that I normally don't like Oriental perfumes. I just find it a little too strong and don't like it enough to purchase it.

This is absolutely delicious!!! I begged the lady for samples after I smelled it for the first time!!

on 5/19/2002 7:58:00 PM

Tried to resist this one, but finally caved, and I love it, love it, love it. Chanel shows how to do a sweet, vanilla-tinged fragrance with style and depth. A recent French visitor told me this is one of the most popular scents in Paris right now for young women. While French taste is, in some respects, overrated (exhibit A: Jean-Marie Le Pen) they definitely know perfume. A keeper!

on 5/1/2002 11:48:00 AM

It took some time for this to grow on me and when it finally did and I got some and wore it home...my boyfriend said it smelled like men's cologne!!!??? He could not stand it...I decided to give it a chance anyway...and even though I really liked it when I first put it on...it changed on me during the day and left an unusual almost smokey smell...so I returned it...

on 4/27/2002 8:59:00 PM

This is such a pretty scent. Very feminine and sexy. I found one spritz to be sufficient and not too strong. One of my favorite perfumes.

on 4/5/2002 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the same feelings as Raveyn. Smells delightful at first but becomes a little too strong after awhile. It is a very elegant and classic scent but I swapped mine. From time to time I miss it but I know that if I buy it again, I'll soon tire of it, again!

on 3/16/2002 5:44:00 PM

At first, I totally love this perfume. After a few uses, it really started giving me a headache. It is really sweet and hefty, you could smell this a mile away. I ended up swapping my bottle for something else!

on 3/13/2002 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Usually I am not a fan of anything sweet, spicy and heavy. I tried this one though and immidiately loved it! I only use it in the evenings though. Too heavy for daytime. Smells very feminine and sexy, got nice compliments for this one. Better suited for autumn and winter and early spring as I think it 'warms up' the cold seasons! That is unless you leave somewhere like LA!

on 3/12/2002 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't normally buy perfume, especially when they cost this much. Once I smelled Coco Mademoiselle on me, I had to have it. Very sexy, sweet and spicy smell. My boyfriend loved it so much that when I started to run out, he bought me another bottle so he could keep smelling it on me.

on 2/19/2002 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I loved the initial scent of this on my skin. It was sweet, spicy and complex. I thought I'd found my perfect scent! But with drydown, the sweetness faded and I was left with a strong, chemical, chokey-spicy scent that would not wash off my skin or fade from my clothes. I keep trying Coco Mlle to be sure I'm not imagining it. I'm not.

Popular Fragrances