Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 1/10/2003 3:49:00 AM

A fruity floral, but with more than a hint of spice. I prefer the EDT- the EDP is way too intense and gives me a horrible headache.

I don't like the obviousness of this fragrance- I like my scents to make an announcement, but not to overpower the wearer. Also, it's become such an ubiquitous fragrance for the 20-something set in Melbourne- practically every trendy girl marinates herself in it, and I can detect the scent from a block away. continued >>

This smells heavenly ,a real girly scent!

on 1/22/2003 3:38:00 PM

I love the smell of this. Nice and light, perfect for daily use. I don't find anything special about the packaging, a bit boring if you ask me, but I don't buy perfume for the bottle (usually).

on 1/13/2003 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very sophisticated and at the same time appropriate for every day wear -- unlike Coco (which is more evening and formal)! Both are clearly not for the shy ones! Mademoiselle is another one that announces: "I've arrived!!! I'm in control!"--"Call me a B***! and I don't care!!"
In that aspect it's similar to Coco but not as oriental. Both smell like wealthy women who know what they want!! An instant classic!! The only drawback the price for the EDP, but it's worth every dollar!

on 12/26/2002 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Give me Josephine Baker! Eva Peron! Frida Kahlo! Any woman who has had some power -historically- I can imagine loving this. It is strong, it announces you, and I like that! It has all the elements that I love. The smell of mango, milk, and maybe sawdust. I love all of that stuff, I am not so sure anyone else does-but would the above forementioned women cared? I don't think so...

on 12/25/2002 10:20:00 AM

Coco Mademoiselle is a lovely scent, which I will definitely continue to keep in my fragrance wardrobe. Slightly spicy, but very feminine, it's great for fall/winter. A super-sophisticated, mature, unique, attention-getting, long-lasting winner from Chanel. The element that some people describe as "masculine" I prefer to think of it as "empowering."

on 12/19/2002 11:33:00 AM

INCREDIBLY SEXY!!! I get comments every time I wear this. It's a much softer, fruitier version of coco. the notes i smell most are mango and vanilla. i absolutely adore this fragrance - the perfume is quite strong, so be careful not to overdo it. this perfume is a man magnet!!

on 12/5/2002 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I enjoyed this scent most on the fragrance strips - there I smelled notes of mango and floral notes.
However, on me, the scent was a mismash of notes vying for dominance - loud and somewhat abrasive.
I realized suddenly when I was wearing it that no matter how gently I attempted to spray it, it was a loud perfume - the sort of scent that attacks others when they pass by, not the quiet and inviting type of scent I prefer.

I would have preferred this scent if the spray allowed for a much smaller and gentler application, or for the spray top to be removed for direct application. The staying power of this scent was very long - upwards of six hours.
continued >>

on 11/24/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this perfume. I hate the cloying/heavy way it feels. It makes me want to take a shower. Way overrated.

on 11/19/2002 8:58:00 AM