August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by IBleedPink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this in color 350, which was the closest color I could find to my skin color. The product wasn’t too heavy when applied, but I felt like it gave my skin a ghostly dew look (if that even makes sense). Overall I just didn’t like the off coloring it gave my skin, so I returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jenina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought 115 and it was a good color match but this foundation is horrible for oily skin. By the end of the day I looked like an oil slick. I also felt like it emphasized pore size. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really really want to love this! I was drawn in by the packaging first. I bought the 115 which matches my skin PERFECTLY. It goes on really well with a brush (didn't try fingers or sponge). It has a light but buildable coverage. I didn't really need concealer with it at all, which is a first. Ultimately I had the same problem as many other reviewers - my skin got very oily by the end of the day. I have oily skin normally, but it was worse than usual. I also have a blemish which I'm hoping isn't from this product, but it may be :( I'm going to try it a few more times on days around the house, but I wouldn't buy it again. It would definitely be worth trying for someone with drier skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by brendacruz0709

I bought this product yesterday and I HATE IT already. When I first put it on i loved it, maybe because i saw myself in artificial lighting. Under atrificial lighting it gives off a dewy nice finish but once i came outside i looked cakey :/ im going to target today to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ohmisstolu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, and bought it in shade 355. I applied it by spreading it evenly on my face with Ecotools Bamboo Foundation Brush and then blending it in with Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush.
After I then applied MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural Powder .
Pros:
- the shade matched perfectly
- was a natural finish
- very easy to blend
- lasts a long time
- light/medium coverage
- wasn't heavy on the face
- affordable pricing

Cons:
- no pump
- if too much was used it could come off as oily

Over all I am keeping it as my everyday daily foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by terrasas2

I have very dry skin, but only on my mouth and cheek area and I have noticeable pores on my nose. This foundation was awful on my skin. At first I loved it because it made my skin look dewy. But after about 30 min it started to dry up and crack on my face and even worse it made my pores look insanely huge. I will never buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color selection is great but the product not so much. Initially within the first hour it looks nice and dewey, but then it gets too dewey and oily looking. I think this would work well for someone with dry skin. Acne prone, oily and combo skin types should stay away. ( I have combo , acne prone skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by aliciavogue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works well. It's great for dry skin types like mine. Although there is a huge major downfall is that this product contains 7% Octinoxate. This website (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=704203) explains the effects and concerns of this product. Octinoxate is linked to:

Developmental/reproductive toxicity
Allergies/immunotoxicity

Other strong concerns for this ingredient:
Enhanced skin absorption, Biochemical or cellular level changes

Other moderate concerns for this ingredient:
Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation

Lesser or emerging concerns for this ingredient:
Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Ecotoxicology

After I read this I threw my bottle away. Although it worked well on my skin, I'd rather not use something that could be this detrimental to my health.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by azxgiggles

I was impress by this product. To be honest, I really like the packaging and it drew me in. I was unsure about the shade that I got, which was 220, which I found to be a little too yellow for my skin. I think I should have gotten the 210. However, this is still a great product. Because it was too yellow for me, I use my Missha BB Cream in shade 21 (the lighter shade) that i got as a gift and mixed the two together. It works wonders, but because of the Maybelline foundation, it makes my face look dewy. Overall, good pruduct.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am actually pleasantly surprised with this product. I picked it up at the local Rexall; it was $9.99 CAD but they were having a major sale on most of their makeup and I got this for 30% off.
PROS:
lightweight on the skin
buildable coverage
very affordable
sleek packaging
SPF 18

CONS:
no pump!!! I really wish they'd put on a pump...I would've been willing to pay more for one.....
not a great range for those of us who fall in the super light or super dark colour range
not great for very oily skin

I bought 115 Ivory, which is a very close match to my skin. But while I am fair, I am not super pale and someone who is would have a hard time finding a match as their is only one shade lighter and most stores I go to didn't carry it. Anyone who is very dark skinned will also have a hard time finding a good match without looking ashy.
As previous reviewers have said, this is not the best choice for anyone with very oily skin. In the past 2 years gone from VERY oily to normal skin, so I didn't have a problem with it. It efficiently covers all the redness in my skin (of which I have A LOT) without having a masklike effect. I have many acne scars, esp. on my left cheek, and with my stick concealer, this foundation did a good job covering them. It doesn't highlight my pores and spreads very evenly with a foundation brush. I always set my foundations with powder, so I had no problem with shine. I didn't notice much transfer either, but I use primer as well.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are tired of heavy, full coverage foundation, as I am, and have time to use concealer in the morning, this is a nice foundation at a great price. If you are looking for something to apply quickly and that will provide most of your coverage, this is not for you.