April 21, 2014 | 932 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MeaganW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been looking for a good foundation that stays on your face and doesn't cause extreme oilyness. I've stayed away from the Fit Me Foundation because of the reviews (about how it made oily skin even worse) were so bad. But, ever since I saw the commercial for it, I wanted to try it. I was very pleased with the color match samples and was able to find the right shade, plus I love how it tells you which concealer to use with it. I usually like heavier coverage to cover the blotches and blemishes on my face. But . . . I went ahead and got it anyways. So I get home and apply it to my face with my spong - and I used a primer - and I loved how easily it blended. The under eye cover really did a great job with covering my extremely dark circles. I also loved how this foundation set to my face and brought a heathy and sun-kissed glow to my face. It's very nice and soft feeling but not sticky. I have extremely oily skin so I've been expecting the worst, but it has been on for about two hours and there is like no oil on my face. I'm sixteen so I guess that's why my face is soooo slick. But I'm going to wear this foundation to school tomorrow and see how it does. So far I love it! This foundation and under eye concealer match wonderfully and my face looks flawless!
UPDATE!!!!
Well I wore this to school today. In every light my skin looked amazing and felt really great! But I can see why this product is NOT GOOD for oily skin. It really didn't make me produce oil it just started to "look" pretty oily. But see I really really like it even though it has the oil problem. But to be honest its no different from most of the other makeups I've tried when it comes to the oilyness. Foundations in the past that claimed to take away the shine actually just pooled up and left orange streaks. And trust me, I've tried about every single foundation out there! So I'm going to keep the Fit Me because I love how weel it matches. I just blot my face every hour and a half or so, reapply a little more foundation, and put on the powder. I'm so used to this routine as I've had to do it with all the others. So it only takes two minutes max. I will definitely buy this product again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the maybelline fit me 315 and I'm an NC42 for reference. The color matching was ok, I guess I have really strong yellow undertones that's why it's hard to find a dupe for my NC42. The main problem I had with this though was that it gave me an oily feeling the rest of the day. Also, it felt really heavy and I don't even usually put a lot of product since I dont really need a lot of coverage. I mean, I guess I can;t complain for the price I bought it for. But, it just really gave me a sticky feeling the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

fit me is a liquid foundation that i have in 235.for spring and summer perfect color! For the winter and autumn i pale it down with 120 in fit me,and it's the perfect color for me!. Fit me unify my skin tone for my olive skin tone.i use it with a bronzer as well .will probably add from this line:the concealer, the blush,the bronzer,the powder! Liquid ,blends really well,doesn't show that much that i've got something on! It just unify my skintone and that's what i wanted!something natural,that doesn't look cakey!still can feel my skin,wich is amazing! I did put a light moisturizer after,cause i don't like to feel something to much on my face! But i'm sure without it ,it would had been fine...but, i love to put moisturizer so...i am verry glad of my purchase!will do review of the bronzer,powder and blush. Update: sometimes i need a little bit of yellow with my 235,so that's why i bought 220,that contains some neutral yellow color in it.love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ninthirath

Soo I have been on a foundation frenzy..I decided to give this a try since it was in the top three foundations on this site. Color wise, it was perfect, I am NC25 and got a 210 shade. It gave me a healthy glow, soo healthy that..it lasted all day..which isn't a great thing. The foundation felt like it wasn't setting on my face, and I even set it with my MAC powder. It was just $4.79 at Walgreens..this is going to be returned today!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by anutka28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it a lot and sinse I've previously used Lancome foundation I can't really say that Lancome is better in any way. Fit me blends really good, smells nice and I especially love the design of the bottle. Looks like a department store high class product! And honestly, that's what cought my attention. This foundation is light in consistency, which feels great on my skin. I also like the shade that's very natural looking, but still adds a bit of healthy color to my skin tone. I am not sure if it will cover severe skin imperfactions, but tiny marks will do, especially if you use a pressed powder over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by megsmcc

Love love love this. I understand others' comments on staying power--that might be the only area where this foundation is lacking--but the rest of its pros make up for that in spades. It's light--about the same coverage as a tinted moisturizer--easy to blend, the color match is perfect, it has a very light, unobtrusive, pleasant scent (I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about, the scent is extremely faint and nice, especially compared to most other foundations like Cover Girl, ugh) and it has a decent SPF!

I have combo skin prone to dryness, large and congested pores, and the occasional hormonal breakout along the jawline. This makeup has not broken me out (going on 2 weeks of use). My skin looks great all day, very natural and dewy, and my blush doesn't slide off or change color. I apply the foundation with my fingers, and have found that using less than you're used to vastly decreases the "oily" effect people are talking about. I think they're just using too much, maybe. And if you want it to have maximum staying power, just set it with a dusting of powder.

I'm a pretty low-maintenance, no-frills makeup girl, but I do wear makeup for work every day. This is the ideal cheapo drugstore foundation for women who just want an easily applied, light coverage, functional foundation without a lot of fancy bells and whistles. I like that it has fewer ingredients than other foundations, that it's SPF 18, and that it's so cheap.

Easily as good as much fancier, more expensive tinted moisturizers I've bought in the past. I will say that the packaging, while cute, could be made about a hundred times better with a pump. I hate waiting for foundation to pour out of the bottle when I'm rushing around in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I too wanted to love this...great price point, great color selection, nice packaging...sorry to say that as far as product performance goes..YUCK!

Thin formula, very very light coverage almost that of a tinted moisturizer and it made me really shiny, not in a glow-y kind of way.

Even for the $5,00 I paid for it, it is going back to the store. This foundation would probably work for those who prefer a very light, natural looking foundation and do not have much to cover up (unlike myself)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by issomethingfishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, how I wanted to love this foundation! Unfortunately it doesn't quite work for me. I generally have pretty clear skin and I like the look of a light, dewey foundation. The formula of Fit Me definitely fits the bill of what I'm looking for, but after just a couple hours it makes my face incredibly oily. I normally have quite an oily t-zone, but this makeup makes it so, so much worse than usual! I cannot even explain how greasy it makes my face. After two hours, I can slide my fingers over my face like they're skating on ice. It's terrible.

Powder only makes this foundation stick to my pores. Primer has only made it look cakey. Whatever I do, the extreme oiliness wins.

I have continued to use this foundation for a couple weeks, hoping to find a way to make it work. No such luck. In fact, it has broken my face out in places where I almost never get blemishes: my nose and my cheeks.

I will say that I love the color match I get from this product. I have the hardest time finding a good color match since I'm super pale with a neutral tone. 110 is a perfect match... for $6.99, I'm really bummed this product doesn't work for me.

The search for the perfect, affordable foundation continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by daniellepeterson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the 115, and it had and orangish hue to it, which I did not like at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Although I got a really good color match from this foundation (130 I think) and the concealer also, Iím not happy with the coverage or the way this makes my face shiny. The coverage was sheerer than expected, I prefer something with a little more coverage. But because of the sheerness I think that the colors would work for people with slightly darker or lighter skintones (In fact thatís probably why they say they can match any skintone, the foundation is so sheer that anyone can wear it!) The foundation stays semi matte for about 15 minutes on my skin, but by the end of the day I am totally shiny and greasy looking. Not sure about whether it lasts on my skin, but I wouldnít want something that makes me shiny to actually stay put. Packaging isn't so great, I would have preferred a pump bottle. I did get this really cheap though, the foundation and concealer for about $8.00. Not purchasing again, although I am glad that I tried it. continued >>