January 26, 2015 | 1595 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

I highly recommend this brush. It's really soft, dense, and applies powder really well. Next to the contour brush, this brush is another really good brush from the Studio line. It's so sleek and black and expensive looking. I like that it isn't TOO dense, so that it doesn't pick up too much powder at a time. Buy this brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I got this brush mainly b/c all the rave for it. However, I don't feel the softness that the other reviewer/ user claimed they feel.

The density/resistance is nice so this allow you to buff fdt/other powders.

I just feel this is scratchy. So, I wouldn't rec. this to people who have sensitive skin. (for people with sensitive skin, check out the complexion brush or the kabuki brush from this line)

I still have to say that this is a very good quality brush (i.e. no splaying of hairs, dense, nice resistance) for a fraction of a cost... it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by rosetta1123

OMG! I love this brush!!! I bought 3 based on the overwhelming positive reviews and am so glad I did. I use it for my liquid foundation and powdered blush. The ELF brush is extremely soft and very densely packed. I have a MAC 187 (small stippling brush) which I still like but I love this one more for my liquid foundation.

The problem with my MAC brush is that I love the finish but I can't use it more than a couple days in a row without cleaning because the bristles clump together and I can no longer get the finish I want. With the ELF brush I get the same finish without washing every other day.

Some people have had some problems with applying liquid foundation with this brush but I find you can still get an airbrushed look if you use a different application method. I first have to apply my liquid foundation in numerous small spots around my face and then stipple it in and blend. With the MAC, I dip my brush into the product and then apply on my face.

With my powdered blush, it gives me a softer finish because I can buff it out as I apply it. I've given up using my traditional blush brushes now.

The only thing I don't use this brush for is applying finishing powder just because I prefer the shape of a traditional big, fluffy powder brush for that. Other than that, I definitely recommend you get several of the ELF Studio Powder brush.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this brush is amazing there is almost no words to describe it ...all i can do say is that is super ..super soft ..Omg the quality is as good as an expensive over the top brush..its just simply amazing ..you just got to go get one ..you will be super satisfied!...=}

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by misspeak

This is my only "can't live without" makeup brush. I use it for everything - loose powder, blending liquid foundations and bb creams, blush, bronzer. I've had mine for over a year and it's still as good as the day I bought it. It's a rarity when a bristle falls out of it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the reg price of $3, and i been using it everyday since i got it. I use this to apply my EDM foundation. It is super soft and apply the foundation evenly. I would say the quality is definitely comparable to most HE brands. Only down side is when i got the first brush, there was little bit of glue stick on the hair. And i found the same problem with some of my other ELF studio brushes as well. The chemical smell doesnt bother me, and it can be removed easily by just a simply wash. I bought a backup of this when ELF was having 75% sale :]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE. like many have already said, very comparable to mac 187. works the same way, same effect but a little bit bigger. great for applying powders, blushes, foundations. very good allrounder! easy to wash, takes a bit long to dry but no shedding or bleeding whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Miamituscani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It makes applying liquid foundation super quick and easy. Plus you can't bet the price. I think this much better then any dual fiber brush out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Sam1e

What a bargin at 3.50! i was pleasantly surprised by the brushes i brought from ELF. They look expensive and sleek. This brush is dense,soft. I use it for blush, havnt tried it for anything else yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by shannnay

I have a bunch of E.L.F. brushes both from their professional and studio line and I would have to say that this is my very favorite. The bristles are densely packed which can make it difficult to navigate across your face, but only initially. I use this primarily with my Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation (in Light) and so far so good! It picks up a sufficient amount and turns my facial canvas into a porcelain China doll. Just make sure to follow the same process: dab, swirl, tap off excess, and begin!

E.L.F. always has coupon codes where you can get products for 50-75% off. Just check up on this website every now and then: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/eyeslipsface.com. continued >>