February 28, 2015 | 1924 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Khatiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! This is my most favorite brush. Like many said it's very very soft and dense. I use it for foundation (mineral) and blush. I also got their contouring one but i don't like it as much. If only they make their total face and contouring as soft and dense as this. Or make the head a bit round to get in on the sides of the nose and such. Either way it's still my favorite brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite brush, hands down. It just feels SO GOOD to put on makeup (not to mention that it gives you such a flawless finish)! The fibers are so dense and SOFTTTT! I love love love this. I was so amazed! I went from the BE kabuki brush (which is HORRIBLY COARSE, by the way) to this brush and it's just like applying foundation with a cloud! I use this mainly for mineral makeup, but I'm going to buy a few more for liquid and some backups.

This is a MUST BUY at only $3 a pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Karensocal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my fav foundation brush(also own the whole studio set)i use it with my liquid foundation, it work well, give me a flawless finish. elf always have discount code, i got this brush for $0.75 cents original $3 which is not bad at all. i already got 4 of them for backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when I lost my favorite kabuki brush that I used to apply powder and I don't regret it! The bristles are so soft and densely packed, perfect for picking up my loose powder and buffing it into my face for smooth, flawless finish. I haven't tried applying my liquid foundation with it yet, if I like it for that I'll definitely buy another!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the full studio set, plus 2 backups of this brush. I never would have thought to use it for my liquid foundations (the set comes with a great angled foundation brush) without reading about the success everyone is having applying liquid fdn with it. And now, so am I! It's absolutely fantastic for this! I recently bought the MAC 187, and this brush is better for stippling on foundation than the MAC. Easier to use, better finish and wastes much less product. Very little, if any, liquid foundation is left on this brush after application. Cleanup is super fast, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cb23

This is a really great brush for only $3! The bristles are nice and soft and it buffs on powder and bronzer really well for a very nice finish. I am very impressed, and I would definitely buy again. Even though I really like this brush, I can't give it a 5 because I know there are nicer brushes out there (I'm looking at you MAC), but they are also 10 times as much money (still looking at you MAC).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite face brush of all time, and I got it for 75 cents on sale!! I can use it for bronzer, blush, powder, foundation, anything! It's densely packed, very soft, picks up a ton of product and blends it seamlessly! I wish I had gotten several of these. All of my other face brushes are so floppy and flimsy in comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

I highly recommend this brush. It's really soft, dense, and applies powder really well. Next to the contour brush, this brush is another really good brush from the Studio line. It's so sleek and black and expensive looking. I like that it isn't TOO dense, so that it doesn't pick up too much powder at a time. Buy this brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I got this brush mainly b/c all the rave for it. However, I don't feel the softness that the other reviewer/ user claimed they feel.

The density/resistance is nice so this allow you to buff fdt/other powders.

I just feel this is scratchy. So, I wouldn't rec. this to people who have sensitive skin. (for people with sensitive skin, check out the complexion brush or the kabuki brush from this line)

I still have to say that this is a very good quality brush (i.e. no splaying of hairs, dense, nice resistance) for a fraction of a cost... it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by rosetta1123

OMG! I love this brush!!! I bought 3 based on the overwhelming positive reviews and am so glad I did. I use it for my liquid foundation and powdered blush. The ELF brush is extremely soft and very densely packed. I have a MAC 187 (small stippling brush) which I still like but I love this one more for my liquid foundation.

The problem with my MAC brush is that I love the finish but I can't use it more than a couple days in a row without cleaning because the bristles clump together and I can no longer get the finish I want. With the ELF brush I get the same finish without washing every other day.

Some people have had some problems with applying liquid foundation with this brush but I find you can still get an airbrushed look if you use a different application method. I first have to apply my liquid foundation in numerous small spots around my face and then stipple it in and blend. With the MAC, I dip my brush into the product and then apply on my face.

With my powdered blush, it gives me a softer finish because I can buff it out as I apply it. I've given up using my traditional blush brushes now.

The only thing I don't use this brush for is applying finishing powder just because I prefer the shape of a traditional big, fluffy powder brush for that. Other than that, I definitely recommend you get several of the ELF Studio Powder brush.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No