September 2, 2014 | 1863 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

This is a great multi-purpose brush. I can use it for dry mineral foundation, as it is similar to the EDM flat top brush. I can also use it to apply tinted moisturizer / liquid foundation and use this as a stippling brush to stipple on the color and then buff. I can also use it as a blush brush! Which I especially like to use with blushes that happen to be round... I just tap it onto the blush, and because the blush is round and the brush is round, then I just pat it and brush it onto my face. It works perfectly. Heck, you can use it for loose powder too. It's good for so many things! And it's soft and dense and has not shed on me at all. $3. How can you go wrong with that?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hayley842

I keep seeing that this brush is a dupe for the Mac 187, but disagree. That being said, this brush is terrific.

I use this brush to swirl liquid foundation into my skin. For that kind of application it is my daily go-to brush. I find that I can get by with using less foundation with this brush. I also use it to apply my MSF, although I think that it actually works better on liquids rather than powders (despite it's name).

Dirt cheap, readily available (in the US anyway) and a multitasker, this brush is an buy.

There are always ELF coupon codes floating around the internet, so don't hesitate to place an order!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by saiyuri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! i use it for my foundation, and powder and blending and it works great! i love that this company is peta friendly and the bursh has not shed on me which is great! unlike someother more expnsive bushes that i have which shed like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I have 4 of them. I use use this for powder and liquid foundation and it applies so well. It really blends everything in well and foundation and powder application look flawless. It is a very dense brush, so soft and definitely worth $3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MissCindy1

One word: AMAZING! this brush is only 3 dollars and is comparable to my MAC 187! i use this for powder and havent tried it with foundation yet.. this brush is sooo soft... and definately worth the price.. shoot i might just go buy me another one for the hell of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The best brush I own. And I have the MAC 187, 188, 217 and on and on and on.... lol

This thing is a perfect dupe for the 187 but better! It's dirt cheap, applies foundation, blush, powder, highlight etc all BETTER than the 187! I have 2 and want 2 more!!!!!

IT'S AMAZING!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by suzanneluc

Sooooo incredibly soft. My only gripe is that the bristles on mine weren't completely even. :/ Oh well, it still works great. I have not tried it with liquid foundation yet, but have used it to apply mineral veil application to ease it into my makeup routine, and it feels really great on the skin.

For $3, it's well worth it. I plan on purchasing a few more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

I was amazed buy how soft this brush was when i first opened the package. The brush itself does an excellent job of picking up just the right amount of powder and it applys it very evenly. I LOVE this! I can't believe that it was only $1 at dollar general! You would be crazy to pass this up and i am going to buy all the elf brushes now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by PucaDot

This is THE softest brush I have ever felt! For $3 a piece, this brush is a real steal! The studio powder brush has black taklon synthetic flat top bristles in a long sleep black wood handle with black ferule. Very professional looking. Also comes with its own brush shaper. It is a dupe for the MAC 187. In fact, it works better than the 187 and puts it to shame! I use it to stipple-and-swirl or just plain stippling on liquid foundation. It makes the job fast and easy due to the densely packed bristles and gives a sheerer, more even coverage than the MAC 187, and therefore, wastes less product. Normally I use the stipple and swirl method to buff in my foundation for a sheer coverage. If I want more coverage, I opt for the plain stippling method. You can also use this brush for applying loose/pressed powder, blush and bronzer. However, if you want more control in applying blush/bronzer/contouring, I'd use a smaller brush or maybe I just have a small face? I love this brush so much, I have 2 and I'm going to buy 3 more, just for backups and because I don't like to mix my foundation brush with blush and powder, etc. Has a plastic smell when it first arrives in the mail, but nothing a little shampoo and conditioner can't solve. I have had no problem whatsoever with shedding or fallout. So, I highly HIGHLY recommend this brush for applying liquid foundations and powders. It doesn't work the best for me in terms of applying bronzer/blush and for contouring because I have a really small face, but it might work for you! Very multi-purpose!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Amazing brush for $3! It's a big, super soft, flat top brush that is just as good as the high-end brushes. I've just been using it for powder and blending, but I see some people here like to use it for liquid foundation, so I'll have to give that a try! It's synthetic, which I personally like since I'm allergic to everything, and hasn't shed on me yet. I'd definitely buy this again!