E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

this brush is awesome...
yeah, it s so soft, as well as sturdy too. The only thumb down is that it is not even. but i think it will be after a couple times using. so so in love with it and it s dirt cheap.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Soft
-Not scratchy
-Hardly sheds
-Dense

Cons:
-Has an unpleasant smell (Lingers after 1st wash. Not washed it more yet, will update when I do)
-Bristles aren't "bouncy". It goes out of shape with a little pressure and doesn't "bounce" back to shape so have to constantly reshape during use
-Takes long to dry (since it's quite dense)

A little tip to get it to dry faster: Towel-dry it first.

After washing, squeeze all the water out, then, as if you're doing a after-use clean, swipe your brush up and down repeatedly on a clean towel to semi-dry it before leaving it out to dry properly.

This brush is omg GOODNESS. IT pick up color well, soft and its very good for contouring and blush. Even for applying mineral makeup. VVVVVV Good brush And last, the design is classy trendy too.

This brush is AMAZING! It's perfect for my mineral foundation, it's basically a long handled kabuki brush. t's really lovle and soft, and the great this about it, is that it's really dense. I some tome use it as a blush brush. It looks great too, it has an expensive look about it.

I love this, I am going to buy more, the next time there's a free shipping offer.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I need about 3 of these brushes--they're THAT good! soft bristles, the flat top is REALLY flat with no hairs too long or short. this brush isn't scratchy and it's stiff which is perfect for buffing in color. When ELF has another sale on their studio line I'm going to stock up!

Note: Please Wash this before using it on your face. It comes with a chemically smell and yes it does come out.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My brush came broken!!! Took it out the pack and the whole thing broke! BUT when i felt the brush i new that for $3 (i got 50% off so $1.50) it was so good i had to keep it! I called Elf and they sent not 1 but 2 more of the same brush for free i didnt have to send back the broken one and they shipped it out so fast i got it 2days later but i live in ny so anyway get it and get back ups i love this brush!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

WOW WOW WOW WOW! Love this brush! I use it to apply my mineral makeup - it's super soft! I only have one other softer brush, the long kabuki from everday minerals... but it's close. I use either for mineral foundation application. I will buy a couple more - it's so cheap! My mom tried this tonight at my house and now wants one for Christmas.... okay for $3 - NO PROBLEM :) I actually got this in the studio brush set that has 15 brushes during the 50% off all brushes sale, so this really only cost me $1.50. SUPER super good deal! Highly Recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite of the studio brushes (I also really like the small angled brush.) I have two so I always have a clean one on hand because I use it for so many things. It's a flat-topped brush, a little over an inch in diameter. It's taklon, so it's very soft and doesn't shed. I really love how the Studio Powder Brush applies liquid foundation. Basically, if you've ever used a skunk brush to stipple on foundation, you already know how to use this to do the same thing. I like this better than a skunk brush for foundation because I always had trouble blending with a skunk brush. The longer fibers tended to streak and I felt like I always looked painted. This brush is so dense that you just dot the foundation on and kind of buff it into your skin in circles like you would a kabuki. Voila, your foundation is invisible yet you have great coverage. Between using this for foundation, minerals, and just overall blending, I use this brush every single day. My only issue is that after months of washing, the handle may come off and it gets less soft. Of course, the cost to replace it isn't extraordinary, but it's a hassle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush, I just had to get it because of all the rave about it. It's suuuuuper soft. I use this for liquid foundation, BB cream, powder, buffing bronzer. I should have gotten more. Only downside to this is that it has a chemical smell and it sheds from time to time. But, still love it. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this brush. It is so soft. I really like it for applying blush and bronzer. I got this brush for 1.50 when it was half off and I would have definately bought if for 3 even more then that. I'm probably gonna get another one here soon. For the price it can not be beat. Plus, the handle feels really nice.

Popular Makeup Brushes