August 23, 2014 | 935 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by SuicideBlondEx

I've tried EVERYTHING to prime my eyes with and this stuff DOES IT! It smooths my skin, doesn't irritate (I have sensitive skin and I wear contacts), no creasing, no fading, no melting. Eyeshadow STAYS put. It's no sticky at all and the formula isn't thin and runny. (I've heard people say both of these, and IDK what they are on...maybe they got a bad batch?). What I really love is the packaging. You don't have to cut it open like the UDPP and you can squeeze every last drop out. (Like a toothpaste package) I've also tried mac paintpots and I find them to actually be very sticky and no easy to blend on at all. So this is a winner for me.
The only thing I had to say that was different that I think UDPP was SLIGHTLY easier to blend on-but not so much that I would be turned off by it. This is also exspensive product. $17. I might be trying some DS brands before I buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Somehow I never have luck with shadow base products. MAC paintpot and this... I am just not fond of the strong tacky feel these products give on the lids after application. Eyeshadow does neither glides nor blends smoothly. Given, silicone is the main ingredient of these products, I do not feel that I have to put anything on my lids in addition to my favorite 5-star Clarins Instant Smooth which I can put all over my face. This kind of product might work better with those in 20s and younger who do not have to put anything on the lids and around eyes to begin with. At my age, I need something more emollient around my eyes.
One good thing about this product is that it does NOT irritate my eyes and the skin around the eyes (I am a contact lens wearer with very sensitive skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by missivue

I've only tried it twice but right away I noticed a difference from wearing this primer before eye shadow to not wearing any primer at all before shadow. This does not crease, eye shadow stays put and it actually brings out the color of the eye shadow more. My only thing is is that I haven't tried any other eye primer so I have nothing to compare it to. I love it so far having used it only twice. The packaging is great because it's an easy squeeae to get the right amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by erinmosh

Too faced had a sale a bit ago and i thought i would buy this since i have heard so many raves on it. I used it for a while after my staple eye primer (mac's paint in bare canvas) ran out. I didn't care for the shadow insurance at all. The packaging was alright, but I found that the product was way too liquidy and creased very shortly after I put it on. i haven't tried udpp, but i'm going to stick to paints from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by quelani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using UDPP for quite sometime and love it. At times though, it seems too thick or doesn't quite blend in as well. But, I still use UDPP since it does make my shadows last through the day on my oily lids. When I heard about Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I thought I'd give it a try, especially since I've heard it is not as creamy. I have been using it ever since. I love the consistency of it and how it blends well. I also love the tube packaging as oppose to the "genie bottle". A little does go a long way with this product. I have bought mine over a year ago and still have some left. I did purchase a new tube when I had a 20% off coupon from Ulta a couple of months ago. I feared since I've had the tube a while now that surely I would be needing to replace soon. But, I haven't opened my new tube. There's still product in the old one. And I do use it everyday, except some occasional weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) when I stay around the house. It does make my eyeshadows stay on until I take it off (somedays more than 10 hours). That's quite a feat for someone with oily lids and could never wear powder eyeshadows before. Definitely a HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Lissettephoto

I LOVE this!! Everytime I would wear eyeshadow (especially a smokey eye) there would be a thick oily crease on my lids within 30 minutes!! This makes my shadow last all day long even in the summer! Its moderately priced and it lasts forver becasue you only need a little bit! I will definitely buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily lids and I like TFSI but I find UDPP works better for me. I think both are very similar and it will just depends on a the person. I really like the packaging and it spreads very easily. It sinks right into the skin. I will not repurchase this though because creasing is a huge pet peeve of mine and I crease less with UDPP

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cherrrrryl

i really like this primer. i have pretty oily lids and it really helps my eye shadow from creasing. i have a bad habbit of going to sleep with all my makeup on and when i use this, my e/s is still creaseless when i wake up (although by then a little smudged). the only thing is it really doesn't particularly help the e/s color to stand out, but i usually use a cream shadow in between the primer and powder shadow anyway. all in all i'd say 4 out of 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by godivagoddess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I would have read the reviews about this product.This crap sucks.I bought it and a Too Face Insurance Policy eye pallet,which the eye shadows are suppose to be infused with the primer as well.So I thought cool a double whopping of Shadow insurance.Well I have been using it since Friday and I thought maybe I didnt put enough on or maybe its me but at lunch my shadow looks about gone.Unlike UDPP which it doesnt come off until I take it off.So I guess if it aint broken dont fix it.I remove the plastic cleaner from my UDPP and it allows me to get more product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found the consistency of this to be too thick for it to apply easily to the eyelid area. I prefer an eyeshadow primer that is light and glides over the delicate eye area. This performed average and after a half of a day, my eyeshadow creased.