October 25, 2014 | 1959 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by loveforbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in color #C4.5.

This is one of those foundations I always go back to. It's not my HG foundation, I'm still searching for it in fact, but it's a good one to have in your makeup collection. People favor it because it's matte, has great full coverage, it's blendable, etc. It's just that sometimes it gets cakey, feels heavy, oxidizes, rubs off on clothes, and more commonly, causes breakouts. I personally have not had the problem of breaking out from this, but I find that it oxidizes if I wear it in the daytime heat, which is not attractive at all. I'm in the car and I look in the mirror to find my face looking disgusting and cakey! So that being said, I don't use it if I'm going to be outdoors when it's hot. I used to be #NC44, but no I find that to be extremely dark, so I changed to #C4.5, which matches me a lot better and brightens my face instead of oxidizing on me.

So, it's full coverage, you DO NOT need a lot to get good coverage. One pump is all you need...well, all I need anyway. It also sucks you have to buy a pump separately, but it's worth the investment since it prevents contamination of opening the bottle and controls how much you want to use. I apply it either with a damp wedge sponge or a traditional flat foundation brush. I finish it off with a setting powder, usually MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural.

Overall, yes, I would buy this foundation again, and I have bought it numerous times.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

NC15. A perfect match for my skin tone, but it doesn't have the illuminating quality of the Dior foundation. It covers like a dream, even bad spots. Together with Dior, these two are my perfect foundations, I couldn't be able to choose between them. The stuff is a bit tricky to get out of the bottle, if you don't want to invest into MAC pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I like this foundation. It's not my HG, but it works fairly well. I like the matte finish and smooth texture. It's so full coverage and gives me the flawless face look. Sometimes it may get too heavy, but if I'm using this then I thin it out a bit with some moisturizer. Sucks that you have to buy the pump seperately and if you don't, using the open bottle alone can get messy. It can oxidize though, that's why I took a lippie off. Overall, not a bad foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by giraffejousting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I would buy this product again. I'm thinking about exploring other foundations. I probably shouldn't use this because I have acne-prone skin, but my mom bought it for me as a birthday present. I like that this foundation gives decent coverage, but it settles into my smile lines and really emphasizes them. It also really makes any dryness obvious, even if I use a moisturizer underneath. Another downside is that once this is applied, it makes any whitehead that I may have super obvious, which is a pain because then I want to extract but have to resist because my makeup has already been applied. Overall, I think I'd like to see what else there is in the foundation world. Paying $6 extra for the pump also annoyed me a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not an HQ foundation but it is a reliable one.

Pros:
1. Color match is great. I bought NC45 and it blended well.
2. Affordable
3. Medium to full coverage. It doesn't require a lot of product to cover my face. The coverage was deep enough to cover face blemishes.
4. Soft matte finish.
5. Bottle is high-quality. It fell off a shelf from a high distance and didn't shatter.

Cons:
1. It oxidizes in warm weather. For me, this is definitely a cold weather foundation.
2. It transfers rather easily.
3. Had to buy a separate pump for the bottle.
4. Can lead to acne in warm weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by katrina02

I love this foundation! I've tried so many but i have to say i'm really happy with this one and i have been using it for the last year and a bit. I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for about 3 years which i still love but it made me look like a ghost in photos! Studio fix i a bit similar to ES DW but it feels a bit lighter on my face.

The colour selection is great and a little goes a long way. It's buildable so you can use if if you want medium or full coverage without it feeling like a mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ladybug44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as a desperate attempt to cover my newly arrived acne and acne scars. The foundation had good coverage and that was basically it. After reading the comments about other girls experiencing little bumps and white heads after useing it i realize it isnt just me its the foundation. Not worth buying especially because it doesnt even come with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So after using MAC SPF Foundation and not being thrilled with the coverage, I went and exchanged it for this foundation. This is my first day using it so if i have any changes, i will update. I love this foundation, the coverage is amazing!

- ok the coverage is great it looks amazing when first applied but then it oxidizes on me and it can look cakey/greasy which is not a cute look lol im normal to oily and I use mac prolongwear now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jasminesnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Before trying Studio Sculpt, I used this for a year or more. I applied it with my finertips, or the mac foundation brush for a more flawless finish before applying some powder to set it.
I was always quite happy with it but whenever I would be out and in a shop and I'd catch my reflection, it would look very dry and cakey and I have oily skin. I like full coverage to hide blemishes and marks on my skin, but this looked awful when I would see how it looked in shop mirrors and I knew I'd have to find something else and wouldn't purchase again for my skin. Also it used to just pour out of my bottle, as it's not clear that you need to get their foundation pump for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by SuheyCitax3

This is without a doubt a full coverage foundation. I find that the best way to use this product and not be wasteful is to use your own fingers, which isnt bad because your fingers warm up the liquid and it makes the application smoother. This foundation DOES last and if you choose to wear it before concealer, you will use less concealer everytime! The problems I have with it though is that although its super creamy, it will accentuate any dry spots on your skin so make sure you exfoliate constantly so you don't get any build up of dry/dead skin. Another con is that the packaging comes with a cap and not a pump, so if you want to use your product to the fullest you have to buy a separate pump for $6. Im a NW25 and I find that it matches me perfectly I only have to blend to my jawline and a little under my chin and there are nooo boundary lines where my bare neck and makeup meet!