MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

I switched to MAC Studio Fix Fluid after using Clinique Loose Powder Foundation and I was amazed by the coverage! I only have to use a light amount all over my face, sometimes just in the areas where I need a touch of makeup to cover redness, and I'm set!

While you would be able to use this on it's own, I combine it with Studio Sculpt concealer for my undereye circles and blemishes. I think I'll be sticking with this foundation for a while though!

on 10/2/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Great foundation and has good coverage!

on 9/30/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've ever used. Okay, at first, I thought it was crap but then I found out that with the right technique, this works! I always use my MAC 187 brush to apply this because that's the only application that gives me smooth and natural finish. I use really tiny amount of product, if I put more, I'll sure be one cakey mess. I always use powder on top of it or MSF Natural. Sometimes if I need less coverage, I'd mix this with my moisturizer (Clinique DDMG) and it's like the most perfect tinted moisturizer ever! :D

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For reference, my skin tone ranges from an NW15 to an NC20 depending on the time of year. Right now, I'm NW15. I have normal skin, but my nose sometimes gets oily. I'm not prone to breakouts.

Slightly confused by this foundation. Some days it makes my skin look amazing, lasts all day, goes on and blends beautifully and doesn't break me out at all. Other days it makes my skin look like an orange peel, melts off my face and gets patchy, its a pain to put on and is hard to blend and then makes me break out.

However, that doesnt happen often. But non the less, it still happens.

Would repurchase this, but would probably only wear when I have a TON of time to put my makeup on - it needs alot of blending and so on to get it to make my skin look flawless, but slightly natural.

I found a perfect shade match and I loved the coverage of this foundation on days where I needed a little bit extra, but it broke me out like crazy. I would not recommend or repurchase due to that issue.

on 9/29/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever MAC foundation and wow, it has an amazing texture didnt look to heavy on my skin didnt feel heavy at all either. I tried it on and they matched me NC40 and well for summer NC42...both matched well and the NC40 personally was the better one being perfect for my olive skin. So I wore it and after about three hours i noticed my pores were visible and so huge mind you I also used a primer and a pore reduction cream beforehand. Then also I noticed I started to turn orange and slightly red. And whole day I had this weird itching tendency my face literally felt soo itchy and i just wanted to scratch it, it was as if their were things running on my face. Then the evening when i finally removed the product my face was like a screen of pimples you could say I was suffering from ACNE. I will repurchase this product but not wear it very often as after what happend im too afraid. The color was a perfect match but I wont be using this product much. Im so disappointed. I honestly thought this would be the foundation to outdo my EL double wear but it seems none can.

on 9/28/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Worst foundation ever! Within two weeks of using this product i broke out in horrible cystic acne that took months to get clear again. It provides excellent coverage and looks great, However i will never purchase again.

on 9/28/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first foundation, applied by a MUA at MAC and it looked great - but when I came home I've decided it was horribly yellow and didn't match me. I was 15 and didn't know much about my skin then. 5 years later, I can't do without on my bad skin days.
PROS: It is a perfect colour match (NW 40)
- Velvety finish
- SPF 15
- Medium non-cakey coverage
- Easy to blend with my fingers
- With a little bit of Blot Powder it lasts quite long (let's not be expecting miracles here, ladies)
- A little goes a long way

CONS: Setting it with powder is absolutely necessary.
- Rubs off on clothing
- Highlights flakiness somewhat

I don't suggest using a primer under it, as the texture is already rich on its own. A lightweight moisturizer will suffice. A concealer should be used under the foundation and set with powder (additionally in the t-zone) - this will also improve the lasting power of the foundation itself.

on 9/28/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

As of right now I am having a love/hate relationship with this one.
Pros: Great coverage, perfect match (NC40), matte finish, lasts a decent amount of time since I only need a little bit, oh and so far no bad reaction.

Cons: The smell is terrible! I still can't get used to the smell I've been using it for about a month. If I don't blend it well can leave streaky face, and must be set with powder. It could get greasy through the day but I just blot with sheets and bye shine. My skin is oily no matter what I use so I deal. Oh and I gave the packaging quality a 2 because you would need to buy the pump separately.

I would probably hesitate on repurchasing this because I hate the smell, but I love how it makes my face look flawless. I use the 187 or the 190 I prefer the 187 though. And I set it with Prep+Prime translucent powder.

I really wanted to love this product, or even like this product. But unfortunately, I don't. This foundation is pretty pricey and it doesn't do great wonders. This looks way too cakey and if you take pictures, your face will look yellow. This foundation doesn't look a bit natural. I would only wear this if I was going to a huge event, maybe. It's such a waste of money.