July 31, 2014 | 1760 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sonu12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this product im on my 2nd one - i use this every single day on my water line love it - it stays on for the whole day but off couse wears off a bit but i touch it up with channel eye liner works well & fresh i apply it with angle brush as well..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Upon hearing great things on MAC's Black Track Fluidline, I jumped on the bandwagon and got one for myself. I've had this since the summer and I used it everyday until October.. and now it's just sitting in my makeup box. Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely product, the texture is nice and creamy, the colour is very rich and pigmented. However my only complaint is that it smudges like CRAZY!! Basically, if you don't use a good eye primer under this, your eyes will look like a panda in a few hours. That, and I don't really have a suitable brush to apply it. I have a really cheap, short handled eyeliner brush. So if you girls or guys decide to get this product, make sure you have a real good brush to go with this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by inanis

Beautiful eyeliner. I apply it with a slanted eye brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by christinamariewright

I'm sorry, but I can't stand this product. I know it's gotten rave reviews but for me, it's horrible. The texture to me is waaay too runny and thin for the price imo, and i've needed to layer it in order to get the color on my lash line to match the color in the package. I used this for a week with many different brushes and none of them made a difference at all. And it still ended up smudging and streaking on me .. and I don't even have a problem with oily lids so that's not an issue. Would never buy again -- up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this stuff. Before I discovered this eyeliner, I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid liner (which I applied with an eyeliner brush). While I love the Revlon Colorstay, I love Blacktrack even more. It's super black and glides on so easily. It stays put all day and doesn't smudge or flake off. I usually use a NARS #2 brush or a MAC 212 brush to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pepsi76

I bought this product the other day and so far I am very pleased. It glides on very smoothly and can be blended easily but will then dry up and stay put ALL day. No smudging or creasing or flaking or anything! It's also a lot easier to apply than a liquid liner which I have yet to get the hang of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by stephiem

I won a gift basket from MAC and this was included and I was ecstatic because I was planning on buying it anyway. This stuff is amazing. I usually use MAC's liquid eyeliner but I find it very unforgiving and if I mess up I've messed up my whole eye. Plus I don't like to use it under my eye because it's very harsh. Kohl eyeliners just smudge and run everywhere on me. This stuff is the perfect balance. It smudges like a kohl liner but stays put like a liquid liner. Perfect in every way. I will run out and buy this when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by viciouslove18

Best eyeliner! I had trouble finding an eyeliner that would stay all day and this does. It's really creamy and goes on super smooth and blends easily and then it dries super quick and stays put. I didn't have a problem with it smudging or creasing so I was pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner - applied with a 266 brush. It never smudges, or creases, or fades throughout the day. I don't wear much eye makeup during the day except for this and mascara. I have single-lidded Oriental eyes that have to be lined carefully every day so I don't look like I have hooded lids. Blacktrack is a wonderful, true black that provides a smooth application. Using it with a 266 brush takes some getting used to but after a while, you can do your eyes in 5 minutes or less every morning. I always touch up with a Q-tip if it gets into my water-line (the pink area underneath my top lashes). If I don't do this, I find it smudges below my eyes but I believe this is because of the way my eyes are shaped.

Note of caution: Fluidlines dry up like crazy if left open! By the end of one dry and cold winter in London, my fluidline had dried up and cracked like the Sahara desert! Never leave these open for too long and always make sure you close the screw-top real tight and they will last a lot longer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

I have asian almond shaped eyes and always had a problem with my eyeliner creasing to my eyelids. Thank goodness for this product because I never have to worry about that ever again!!! I've used this product for several years and have gotten almost everyone I know to use it too, my mom, friends, cousins, ect.. You can seriously put a bit on your hand, wait a few seconds, and it will hardly come off if you rubb it. I use the MAC synthetic slant brush. I've used a few others with fluidline that I did not like as much- sonya kashuk (too thick), sephora (ok quality), MAC non synthetic slant brush (frayed), and those skinny eyeliner brushes. I have also bought fluidline in blitz and glitz but like blacktrack more. One trick that a MAC makeup artist showed me was to put some eyshadow (I use smut) over the fluidline to give it a softer look. I did notice that this product would get dry halfway through but now I always make sure to twist close the lid between eyes. I also used to dip my brush in the pot which would expose more of the product to air and would dry easily, not to mention the messiness. I now swip my brush on each side so the product stays nice and smooth instead of messy like I did before. I think this helps make it last longer. A definite keeper!