September 2, 2014 | 1771 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by alphagal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing Cleanser! I've been using it on and off for about 5 years. The one problem I had before was I purchased a huge bottle at Nordstrom's and it lasted over 2 years. By the 2nd year mark, the product wasn't working as great as it used to. I ended up throwing the bottle away (argh). My best advice is to not buy huge vats of any of these products because you will not be able to use the entire bottle before the product starts digressing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Julie888

I have been using Purity for years and it has been the best facial cleanser that I've ever used. It takes off all my waterproof makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes and never makes my skin feel tight or dry. The perfect cleanser IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my third giant bottle of this, so I figured it was time to give it a review. I have described my skin as all of the following: sensitive, combo/oily, very dry, prone to redness, prone to acne, reactive, congested. I used to have skin that had dry flakies in the midst of pimples. NIGHTMARE SKIN. SKIN I WOULDN'T WISH ON MY ENEMY. So when I say this is my HG, take it to heart.

This cleanser works. For those that have tried OCM and found that they hate it, this cleanser is for you. It has all the oils in it but it's formulated so that it washes away cleanly without the irritation of scrubbing and rubbing.
UPDATE: I've found that I can't use tap water, so I can't use this anymore. Now, I'm using Avalon Organics Lavender Cleansing Milk, which I can rinse off when the tap water isn't giving me trouble (summer) and wipe off with a microfibre cloth in times when tap water is hurting my skin. It's a lot cheaper, too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tia347

This and the Mario Badescu enzyme cleansing gel are the two best cleansers I have EVER used in my life. This is one of the best products period that I have ever used! Everyone must try this at least once. I have never had a break out while using this ...FYI

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

This is one of the best cleansers I've had in a long time, I can't believe it took me so long to give it a try! Some info on me first:
- Dry, sensitive skin
- No acne and not prone to break outs
- Some dry patches w/ flakes

I was really afraid that this product was going to break me out because most "mosturizing" cleansers tend to leave an icky film that can't be washed off no matter what. Thankfully, this cleanser is just GREAT really simple (to it's name)--it has the capability to take off my make up and leave my skin nicely moisturized and clean! No tight skin feeling or over greasy film here!

Sure, it's a little pricey... I could buy 3 of my drugstore cleansers for one 8 oz. bottle of Purity for $20.00, but then again, I only use about a dime sized amount and it took me quite a while to get through the 2 oz. bottle I got to try this product out so when you do divide up the price with usage, it really is worth it. You get better deals on price per ounce if you buy the larger bottles, but I just don't want a pound (or more) of the stuff just sitting there.

I'd definitely repurchase because this is my HG cleanser and I usually stick to something for at least 3 or more years before deciding to switch since I'm so afraid to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was ok. It didn't do anything bad to my skin but didn't do anything great for it either. I mainly bought it because it says it removes makeup but it didn't remove eye make up very well which is why I didn't give it extra stars. It didn't help with my oily skin either. I think this product works better on people with normal or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ljteich

I was hesitant to buy this at first since I thought it was just going to be a more expensive version of Cetaphil, but after using a small bottle that was included in one of philosophy's kits, I can safely say that I am hooked. This is the perfect cleanser for my fair, sensitive, combination skin - it cleanses thoroughly without drying and a small amount goes a long way.

A little less than 1 week ago, I started using this cleanser along with the microdelivery peel (which, due to my sensitive skin, I used/will use only once a week) and the microdelivery peel pads (which I used/will use the other 6 days a week) and in that short amount of time, I have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. Not only have these 3 products of cleared up some stubborn acne that appeared for the 1st time in my 30s, but they have faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind, made my pores look compeletly invisible, and left my skin looking younger and more radiant (giving me back the rosie glow I had in my early 20s).

I can't wait to try the rest of Philosophy's skin care line.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Nepheliad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me this cleanser didn't work out. I wish I could give this 0 lippies. I used it for a few months. At first I thought it was pretty good. Then I noticed I was getting flaky, dry, rough patches on my face in random areas that would not go away even when I put moisturizer. The rest of my face was still a bit oily as it usually is except for these small patches. It was kind of like excema. I even tried vaseline! I have never experienced this before. My skin has always been pretty oily. So I went back to using my Yon-ka Lait Nettoyant and it went away. I am visiting and staying at my mom's right now and brought the Philosophy cleanser because i have it in a small travel size bottle. Never again! I can see the dry patches coming back in the exact same spots and the rest of my face is oilier than usual and I have only been using it for a few days morning and night. I am putting it up for swap if anyone is interested!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sastephens

I like this cleanser. I don't wear a lot of face makeup...mostly powder and bronzer. I have an oily t-zone and the rest of my face is pretty much normal. Cleans my face nicely and isn't drying. Pretty simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rates12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried almost every cleanser out there and not found one that does what Purity does for my skin! It removes my makeup, cleanses, tones and leaves my slightly hydrated. Works perfect for my skin type!