Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/29/2008 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this because it smells lovely and my skin felt fresh right after using it but it made me break out BADLY. My sister had a similar experience with it too.

on 12/26/2008 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm so glad I found this product. I can't say enough good things about it. In short, it removes every trace of makeup on my face without making my skin feel dried out. It's a gentle cleanser and smells wonderful.

Purity is my HG Cleanser. Why you may ask? Well..

-it gets ALL my makeup off, no joke. that includes foundation and waterproof eye mascara/liner.

-doesn't not leave my skin stripped of it's natural oils. (i have combo skin)

-love love love the cute packaging in all it's simplicity.

-lasts forever. (you will need about 1.oz per week. only 1.oz!!

Have already repurchased after gettting the deluxe sample from Sephora. Note: Even if you have oily skin, I suggest you try the regular version first instead of the foaming one which CAN be a bit drying (like all foaming cleansers). Give this a try, what's to lose?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried a bottle of this a few months ago after hearing so much about it and reading positive reviews. My first thoughts about it were that it was a decent makeup remover and cleanser. But it isn't a particularly good eye makeup remover (it did not "melt away" my mascara), it has a funky pepper- herbal scent that I can't stand, and it irritated my skin (my skin is not sensitive btw). I experienced some redness and bumps within a week of using it regularly. However, skincare is subjective. This may be your holy grail product. If you want to try this, try the small bottle of this for $10 before you commit to the bigger one :-)

on 12/22/2008 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG cleanser/makeup remover. I find that buying the 32oz version with the pump on QVC.com is the best deal there is on this product. I use this every morning and night. It removes all of my eye makeup and even mascara with a little rubbing. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and clean, never dry. I have been using this for years, and have converted my friends to this as well. It is unbelievable because it feels so gentle on my skin, but does a great job of removing all of my makeup. I find that this cleanser also works great with my Clarisonic.

on 12/19/2008 10:15:00 PM

I have excellent skin and when I got a sample of PURITY I thought it would just enhance my skin. PURITY got my skin the cleanest of any cleanser, as evidenced by a clean astringent sponge BUT it caused my combination skin to become VERY oily. My face is now broken out. I ended up throwing the sample of PURITY away.

on 12/19/2008 10:20:00 AM

I get this in the huge 32 oz pump bottles from QVC and I love it. It takes off all my makeup and doesn't dry my skin out or make it all flakey. In other words, it's pretty gentle. One lippie off for the odd smell. At first I liked it. Now it bugs me a little. Not enough to stop using it though. :)

on 12/18/2008 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just can't get past the medicine smell this has. It's too strong. Although it says it a 4in1, makeup remover;cleanser;toner;hydrator, it made my skin dry and itchy afterwards. I do have to say that it does melt makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. But I love using toners. I use Cliniques #2 toner and I could still see dirt on the cotton ball. Just didn't work on my skin.

on 12/18/2008 12:40:00 AM

I loved this product when I was pregnant! I had gorgeous skin (for the first and last time of my life) and I credited it to this cleanser. However, now that I'm not pregnant, it breaks me out terribly! I know this works for a lot of people, so if it does, good for you! However, if you are using this and breaking out and don't know why, you might want to take a closer look at this cleanser. I will give it snaps where it is due--this is the BEST makeup remover I've ever tried!

on 12/18/2008 12:02:00 AM

I did use up a whole bottle of this, but it didn't WOW me. It's a nice cleanser. I liked that the smell was mild and that the formula was mild, but it didn't accomplish anything remarkable for me. I didn't feel like I got less acne because of it, and it definitely did not do anything for my blackheads. I got the best results when I mixed it with Soapalaya Soaps cleansing grains (soapalayasoaps.etsy.com), but have since discovered that the Purity honestly didn't make that much of a difference, so I'm only using the cleansing grains now.

Also, I feel like the soap in the cleansing grains, Bar Naked, does a much better job of removing makeup/residue without stripping skin than Purity does. I always still had stuff on my cottonpad when I applied toner with purity. If I was really well with the cleansing grains, I don't.