September 23, 2014 | 1679 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to buy my usual foundation - Equilizer, but I the counter lady talk me into trying Double Wear for the hot, humid Texas summer.

I'm still on the fence if I will repurchase this product. Though I like the med/full coverage and the staying powder, the make-up sets up very quickly and I am unable to build or blend away any flaws. I also find this foundation a pain to remove! This stuff has staying power! I've been using 2-asprin diluted in my facial wash as a scrub to fully remove this foundation off my face! This is serious stuff!

All I can offer this foundation does cover and stay - even through my workouts! The color is great and this product is resonalbly priced.

Bad news - I can look creapy if your skin is dry.

Update 04/27/10

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle of this stuff - I love it! As long as my skin is mositurized, this foundation works beautifully! It stays all day, through my work, until I take it off! I've tested several other foundations recently (free samples) and everytime, I thankful to go back to my DW! I will keep buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, to be fair this foundation is exactly what it says. It looks freshly applied all day with no touchups needed for me. The color matched perfectly (linen). It even looked a little natural. But that's where the love ended. In every picture I look like a ghost! I'm already light enough! And this is really hard to blend. It sets up so quickly and if I try to layer it looks thick and textured. I gave it a 3 because if you want a full coverage foundation that stays true, it is a wonderful product. Since I don't need that kind of coverage, it just feels heavy. I only whip this out on very formal occassions. I won't repurchase if I ever use it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal/dehydrated/sensitive skin. I m currently testing this foundation and hope not to get any clogged pores like I did with the EL Double Wear Light version.
    I really like that this is Fragrance - free and Oil - free and supposed to be non - acnegenic for those who have such a problem.
    So far it wears really well on my skin. It has a nice natural, semite-matte look to it and really lasts on me the whole day!! I only need to blot my nose area once. You can build coverage from light/medium to a fully face if needed. I prefer to put on a very thin layer and even the rest with concealor, which works fabulously for me.
    I use the colour 1W2, 2W1 and 3W1 depending on tanning level. I like that these foundations have just the prefect amount of yellow in them unlike MAC which is heavily on the yellow side.Generally I find the EL DW offers a very wide variety of shades and most people should find one that suits them.I definitely recommend this foundation will continue repurchasing!!

UPDATE:

unfortunately this gave me horrible clogged pores and a skin rash each time I used it! I have since switched to Vichy Aera Teint Pure and pretty much found my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

not a bad foundation, doesn't cause me any breakouts, very nice coverage power, even better staying power, it somewhat minimizes the look of pores, but doesn't keep my face stay matte for long, the packaging is bad, not hygienic at all and it's very expensive in my country (cca $55). i prefer mineral makeup becaues it's cheaper and healthier for my skin, but on the weekends when i go out, or for special occasions, i use dw and it does it's job rather well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by italianfashion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I am a NW 20 in Mac studio fix fluid and Fresco in this foundation. The counter helped me find the right color and gave me 2 small sample bottles to use for 10 days to try it out. It has worked out wonderfully. It does not oxidize and turn orange after a few hours. That is the main thing that was bothering me with mac. I tended to look orange after a bit. It is a med - full coverage foundation. It is matte and you do not need to apply powder after this, which is a good thing because powder tends to emphasize my wrinkles. I had to apply powder with Mac or I would look oily. It really lasts all day and the color stays true. I have never had this happen with a foundation especially one with full coverage. I never thought to look to estee lauder for foundation but read some good reviews and decided to try it. Hopefully my lifelong quest for a good foundation is over. I have tried, Chanel, Mac, Clinique (all), Lamer, Lancome all, Bobbi Bobbi Brown, Loreal true match, and most other drugstore and this beats them all .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best long wearing foundation out there and the widest range of color choices besides MAC. The packaging is okay - glass jar. But a pump would be better.

I have tried them all. Drugstore brands, and high end department brands and this is really the best liquid. Finally a neutral color match that is really neutral! I use the 1N1 Ecru.

Has nice buildable coverage. No break outs, lasts about 6 hours on my ultra oily skin. Looks super natural.

Honestly, this is the only liquid I have ever gone back to repurchase when empty. In 28 years of using makeup, that is saying a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by rossabelle

i heard about it but have not really went to any of the counters to try it personally . Even when i had the chance to , i didnt bother until one day , a colleague of mine gave me a sample to try .
    Having the right shade is my upmost important esp when buying a foundation . Tawny was the right color for me ;) as i applied on my skin, it was thick but as i blend in , it gives a very good coverage ! i kinda like it ..
    i work in air-conditioned environment n usually some of my powder/foundation that i apply doesnt really last the whole day but amazingly , this estee lauder was long-wearing ..
    i will definitely buy this again ;))

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bermydevin

I absolutely love this foundation! I was a little hesitant to try this because I always associated Estee Lauder being made for older women but boy was I wrong! I have very oily skin and this stuff stays put all day long. I've read a few reviews that say it is thick but I don't see that at all. I apply it with a Mac 190 foundation brush and it goes on flawlessly. The only thing I don't like is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump but I bought one from my local Mac counter and it works perfectly you just have to trim it down a bit. Overall I am very impressed with this foundation, I've finally found a product I want to stick with. Give it a try ladies; you can get a sample from your local Estee Lauder counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TinaL_to

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After I saw so many good reviews on this foundation since I wrote a low-rating review, which I just deleted, about six years ago, I bought it again last April. I'm not sure whether it's because my skin changed due to the aging, or the formula changed, I found it to be very natural looking and truly have a good staying power. Although I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin, it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. Plus, a bottle lasts slightly over a year, which is very impressive considering that I wore it five days a week. I bought another bottle last month when I finished the first one.

Just want to add that the coverage is buildable and varies depending on how much you use, how you apply it and what moisturizer or sunscreen used underneath it. When I want more coverage, I apply it by my fingers; when I want sheer coverage, I use a damp sponge to apply it. I then dust it with a thin layer of Pur Mineral 4-in-1 powder using Smashbox brush # 19. The finish is very good. For your reference, I'm using Clinique new SuperDefense SPF 25 underneath it (I decided not to repurchase this moisturizer again since it's a bit too harsh for me).

P.S. I just checked Paula Begoun's review on this product. She mentioned it's been reformulated. So, this is indeed different from the one I rated low a few years ago. Paula didn't give it an outstanding rating because the SPF is too low. However, it doesn't bother me since I always use a moisturizer with SPF 15+ before I apply any foundation. BTW, I believe this is better for oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am soooo surprised I like this soo much! When the lady matched me I thought OMG this looks to orangey. Then I got home, shook it really good and applied it with a dry cosmetic sponge. Then I finished it with coty airspun powder and a kabuki brush! HG! This stuff is amazing! Covers everything and shrinks my pores. I love this......Update: I dont wear this as much as I thought I would, I still like it but it washes me out, maybe I have the wrong color. It can look cakey at times too