BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 8/5/2003 11:28:00 AM

I swapped this away. I have combo skin and discovered that I don't need extra shimmer or shine. I really bought this to use on my browbone, but it stung my eyes. It did smell nice, and did look pretty on my shoulders and neck bone. It would look nice on someone with a tan, and I am too pasty. Same bottle as Benetint. I think this is overpriced ($18). Wouldn't buy again :(

on 7/31/2003 10:35:00 AM

Normally, I like to give away my old cosmetics just because I get bored of them easily. But, this is one of my favorites that I will not give out to anyone. I love the shimmer it gives to my face. When I apply it on my forehead, cheek bone, and brow bone, I get compliments about my skin. My only warning is that Do not use it in a large amount. Just a tiny drop will brighten the whole face.

on 7/25/2003 6:37:00 AM

Love it! This is hands down, the best highlighter I've tried. It is a silvery-pink (as opposed to the light-golden Moon Beam). The liquid form goes on and blends wonderfully for me. Other cream and stick highlighters I've tried were too gunky and clogged my pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Recently received from a kind MUAer from a swap and this is one of my best highlighters. I'm a sucker for highlighters and this has just enough shimmer to hightlight my brow bones, nose bridge and corners of eyes effectively. It's not on the glittery side, yet you can still see the shimmer if you get close. The soft pink sheen makes my face glowy and it is pretty easy to apply the product. It reads on the bottle that I can mix with a foundation or lotion and apply it on my entired face, but I don't think i'll ever do it though, since I wouldnt want my entire face covered with shimmer.

on 7/16/2003 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is such a lovely colour- leaving a shell pink and white gleam to the skin. I use it on tops of cheeks and corners of my eyes, though i'm not a fan of the brow bone look- it's never worked for me and i look too 'made up'.
Also great for blending with tinted moisturiser for sheen. I have had this for 6 months and used less than half a cm of the bottle!

on 7/7/2003 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

High beam is soft, irridescent whitish-pink, nice for eyes - IF it stayed on. 2 hours maximum. Also, the cream clings to hairs, not good for cheeks. I'd recommend NARS Copacabana or WNW 712 instead - these look good on the browbone, cheeks, nose, wherever they're applied.

on 6/26/2003 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first product I ever bought from Benefit. Boo. Don't like it. It's a bit too thick for me. Just not the kind of product that I like.

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't blend all that well for me and looked very fake once on. I thought I would get some sort of 'glow' but I ended up looking like unnatural. Perhaps I am too pale for this product to work.

on 6/24/2003 3:45:00 AM

This is 'ok'. It's strange, it's really creamy in consistency, but once it's on my normal skin it dries to an almost non existant finish. I was expecting more of a 'dewy' highlighter I guess. It's not very luminescent (sp?) at all...It doesn't show up much on my warm MMM/GGG skin, unless I apply too much without blending...then it just looks like a bad application of light pinkish whitish something on my face. Whatever. It's not bad, I guess, even though to me "beneFit" and "not bad" is kind of an oxymoron. I guess I just thought it would, uhm, highlight more? :p

on 6/22/2003 1:21:00 PM

I lusted for this product for the longest time, so when I got a sample from Benefit I was thrilled and tried it on immediately. THANK GOD I got a sample of this because if I had brought it with my own money I would have cried to death. This highlighter absolutely did not work for me. The color just wouldn't show up on me.It looked as if I am not wearing anything. For this reason, I will not be buying this item in the future.

Video Reviews & Tutorials