November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

When it first came out, I first bought this in Cream and it looked just a tad bit too light on my skin, but I liked the makeup itself. Recently I needed some makeup quickly and went to the store and picked up the Sand shade. Wow! Was it ever tan/orange-y on my light skin. Not good. Overall I like the product, but the colors are off for my skintone. I could get away with the Cream color okay, but the Sand was not good at all for me. I would buy this again if I picked a better color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this up on a whim, I had forgotten my powder and remembered all the raves for this. I bought the lmedium-warm one (Beige- medium 2.2-2.5 I think is what it said), was SO hopeful and applied it in the car-- one large swipe on my cheek-- ORANGE. What to do what to do. Walk around all day with a big matte orange streak and grease pit for rest of the face or an entirely matte and even but orange face? Sigh, I went for the latter, and a couple hours later noticed that I had an ORANGE and SHINY face. Couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I tried it again the next day (hoping it'll look better in diff lighting) but same deal. I guess this just isn't for me, so sad cuz I love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and while I wouldn't say this makes it less oily, it does stay on longer than most. I blot several times throughout the day and usually reapply this once. I HATE the package, it is very inconvient, hard to open (especially w/ one hand), and akward to hold the mirror to use and put the powder on. But I do like the product when applied with a brush or puff and will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I really like the packaging on this. I have to say, I also used it over Maybelline Pure, but it didn't keep me matte. The pure makeup seems to give me a little bit of a 'glow', something I'll have to remember for Christmas pictures, and I used this to touch up but it didn't really last too long. I'll have to try it with another foundation, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I used Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation a few years ago, and heard raves for the new pressed powder, so I decided to give it a try. I wore this over Maybelline Pure, for a flawless but natural look for quite a few weeks. I love the way this powder feels very smooth and silky, and looks extremely natural on. It almost has a slight cooling effect, and made my skin look and feel very smooth. I was disappointed when I started breaking out from this product. I tried using only the powder without Maybelline Pure, but I still broke out. If this product didn't break me out, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by roland84

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first i really liked this product. it made my skin nice and matte and gave it a nice color ( i got sand ). but after just the second day of using it i noticed i was getting pimples on my forehead which is somewhere i usually don't get them. so i think this stuff is making me break out!
    which sucks cuz it was a really nice powder =[
    soo if its not the thing making me break out i realllllly like it, but otherwise, its just not for me..
    i paid $7.00 for it btw.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by janetcuellar

I absolutley love love love this powder. I had very low expectations of it but decided it was worth a try when I saw it at Walgreens for $4.99 (I think it's usually $7.99). So I thought I'd buy it just to see what all the hype was about. I tried it the next day and used it to set my liquid foundation with. So there I am at work expecting it to slide off my face at any given moment. I look in the mirror a few times in the morning and to my surprise...NO SHINE. I thought I was hallucinating! Lunch time comes around and again...NO SHINE. At this point I'm almost jumping for joy! And guess what?...I was shine free ALL DAY. Yes, all day! I couldn't believe what this little drugstore powder was capable of doing.
    For reference my skintone is NC25-30ish and I bought shade Cream
    Light 4-5. If you apply it with the cheapy sponge it comes with it can look rather cakey and give you "ghost face". I apply it with a powder brush and it goes on like a dream. My foundation is Revlon Color Stay Softflex for Oily/Combo skin (another HG find thanks to MUA). Just thought I'd mention that because I'm sure this foundation has a lot to do with how well this powder looks on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by endorablu

Love this product! Provides a flawless finish and the Sand shade is perfect. Not too pink or orange or yellow or gray.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by JadeSky

This is a great new pressed powder. I love the compact's design... the bottom half swivels out to reveal the mirror and powder puff hidden beneath the powder compartment. It's an attractive little makeup item and the performance is also wonderful. It feels light and airy and wipes out shine in my t-zone. Great product, hated the dream matte mousse foundation but love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the powder and the packaging. The hidden puff and mirror are great!