April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by JadeSky

This is a great new pressed powder. I love the compact's design... the bottom half swivels out to reveal the mirror and powder puff hidden beneath the powder compartment. It's an attractive little makeup item and the performance is also wonderful. It feels light and airy and wipes out shine in my t-zone. Great product, hated the dream matte mousse foundation but love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the powder and the packaging. The hidden puff and mirror are great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty impressed with the product, though I can't stand the packaging. I don't even carry the compact with me during the day for touch-ups because I don't want to have to deal with spinning the damn thing and using the poor excuse for a buffer that came with it. I apply this in the morning with a brush to set my foundation. Good thing is, I notice that I don't actually NEED the compact with me during the day for touch-ups. I just blot with a tissue maybe once or twice. So, seems to be curbing the oilies a bit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I didn't want to jinx myself and speak to soon. I've gone through one compact, and I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I was very bored with my holygrail...Chanel DPC powder foundation, and wanted to try something cheap with a better color match...and this Matte Dream Powder applied with my Shieseido round sponge is AMAZING...it works like a powder foundation on me and give me awesome buildable coverage. It blends like a dream!!!!! It doesn't break me out at all! My only complaint is that the packaging is annoying how it twists out! arghhh, but I just break off the mirror part and love that it doesn't take up so much space in my bag. It's forgivable since the powder is so good. I'm totally hooked on this!!! I purchased some compacts for few friends who absolutely love it too. It gives my skin a smooth satin matte finish that stays looking good for long...and I don't feel guilty for using it often since it's sooooooooooo cheap!!! I'm sticking with this for awhile..I hope it works in the Summer too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i guess i'm one of the few that didn't like this........it doesn't keep me matte at all........and i have to reapply liked every hour and it just doesn't do anything for me..........

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by SillyMom25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder! I bought it solely because of the reviews here and I'm glad I did. I've tried many powders over the years and this is hands down the best of the lot. It's a pressed powder but looks and acts like a loose powder. It's so fine, it sinks right into the skin. Not too fond of the awkward packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Sheyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this powder and like it very much. It helps to keep my skin matte and looks very natural yet provides good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wooohoooo. I finally found my HG pressed powder that controls shine all day. I have dry and sensitive skin, BUT, I use a very very emollient high powered sunscreen, (La Roche Posay-Anthelios with Mexoryl) which gives me a little more 'dew' on the face, and that is why I need a good lasting powder to control this 'dew-shine'. I am PPP, and bought the two lightest colors, "Ivory" is pinkish, and "Cream" is more yellowish; but they really both work the same, not any glaring difference in the color effect. I use both of them interchangeably, and love them. It controls shine all day! I will buy again. Thanks Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I'm not especially impressed with this powder. The color match is pretty good, though Maybelline should expand their shade range. I bought this hoping that it'd work better than other drugstore pressed powders at keeping my oilies at bay, but alas, no luck. I got just as oily using this as anything else. And if I use this without blotting my face beforehand, it has a tendency to sit on my skin and look dry, dusty and mask-like. That is, except for the parts of my face that are shining like grease traps.

Unlike almost everyone else, I like the packaging. I like having a separate compartment for the applicator, though I agree that the mirror could've been put elsewhere. But the (relatively high) price and lackluster performance will prevent me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

First of all I gotta say I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I've been disappointed with Sonia Kashuk loose powder because it does not give me coverage and it is expensive for a small jar and the color varieties are very little to chose from. Then I stumbled upon the reviews for this powder and I was curious so I bought it and I am very impressed. The container is very cute and unique, and the color matches my skin very well, I used Medium Sand and it's great for Asian skin with undertone like myself. It does a great job at keeping my face looking fresh but since I'm oily, I suggest that u don't use any lotion before this otherwise your face will get oily after 2 hours. This is my HG powder and I'm glad that they have better product now than before.