August 1, 2014 | 1217 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by janetcuellar

I absolutley love love love this powder. I had very low expectations of it but decided it was worth a try when I saw it at Walgreens for $4.99 (I think it's usually $7.99). So I thought I'd buy it just to see what all the hype was about. I tried it the next day and used it to set my liquid foundation with. So there I am at work expecting it to slide off my face at any given moment. I look in the mirror a few times in the morning and to my surprise...NO SHINE. I thought I was hallucinating! Lunch time comes around and again...NO SHINE. At this point I'm almost jumping for joy! And guess what?...I was shine free ALL DAY. Yes, all day! I couldn't believe what this little drugstore powder was capable of doing.
For reference my skintone is NC25-30ish and I bought shade Cream
Light 4-5. If you apply it with the cheapy sponge it comes with it can look rather cakey and give you "ghost face". I apply it with a powder brush and it goes on like a dream. My foundation is Revlon Color Stay Softflex for Oily/Combo skin (another HG find thanks to MUA). Just thought I'd mention that because I'm sure this foundation has a lot to do with how well this powder looks on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by endorablu

Love this product! Provides a flawless finish and the Sand shade is perfect. Not too pink or orange or yellow or gray.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by JadeSky

This is a great new pressed powder. I love the compact's design... the bottom half swivels out to reveal the mirror and powder puff hidden beneath the powder compartment. It's an attractive little makeup item and the performance is also wonderful. It feels light and airy and wipes out shine in my t-zone. Great product, hated the dream matte mousse foundation but love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the powder and the packaging. The hidden puff and mirror are great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty impressed with the product, though I can't stand the packaging. I don't even carry the compact with me during the day for touch-ups because I don't want to have to deal with spinning the damn thing and using the poor excuse for a buffer that came with it. I apply this in the morning with a brush to set my foundation. Good thing is, I notice that I don't actually NEED the compact with me during the day for touch-ups. I just blot with a tissue maybe once or twice. So, seems to be curbing the oilies a bit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I didn't want to jinx myself and speak to soon. I've gone through one compact, and I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I was very bored with my holygrail...Chanel DPC powder foundation, and wanted to try something cheap with a better color match...and this Matte Dream Powder applied with my Shieseido round sponge is AMAZING...it works like a powder foundation on me and give me awesome buildable coverage. It blends like a dream!!!!! It doesn't break me out at all! My only complaint is that the packaging is annoying how it twists out! arghhh, but I just break off the mirror part and love that it doesn't take up so much space in my bag. It's forgivable since the powder is so good. I'm totally hooked on this!!! I purchased some compacts for few friends who absolutely love it too. It gives my skin a smooth satin matte finish that stays looking good for long...and I don't feel guilty for using it often since it's sooooooooooo cheap!!! I'm sticking with this for awhile..I hope it works in the Summer too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i guess i'm one of the few that didn't like this........it doesn't keep me matte at all........and i have to reapply liked every hour and it just doesn't do anything for me..........

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by SillyMom25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder! I bought it solely because of the reviews here and I'm glad I did. I've tried many powders over the years and this is hands down the best of the lot. It's a pressed powder but looks and acts like a loose powder. It's so fine, it sinks right into the skin. Not too fond of the awkward packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Sheyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this powder and like it very much. It helps to keep my skin matte and looks very natural yet provides good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wooohoooo. I finally found my HG pressed powder that controls shine all day. I have dry and sensitive skin, BUT, I use a very very emollient high powered sunscreen, (La Roche Posay-Anthelios with Mexoryl) which gives me a little more 'dew' on the face, and that is why I need a good lasting powder to control this 'dew-shine'. I am PPP, and bought the two lightest colors, "Ivory" is pinkish, and "Cream" is more yellowish; but they really both work the same, not any glaring difference in the color effect. I use both of them interchangeably, and love them. It controls shine all day! I will buy again. Thanks Maybelline.