MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Not only do you have to pay extra for the pump the product its self isnt so good. I'm pale and the nc15 is a bit dark. The consistency is quite thick and the coverage is medium...while it lasts. My skin can get quite oily and this slides of my face half way threw the day. It sat in my pores and made my skint look pretty dodgy after a few hours which is a same as it looked nice at the star of the say. Its an alright foundation but not good if you dont have perfect skin or your very pale.

on 9/24/2010 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this foundation for a few weeks now, I use Revlon colourstay and this foundation the most. But I think this MAC foundation cause me break out more than the Revlon one. However, the colour tone of MAC foundation suits me more though... as Revlon one is a bit more pink-tone for me (I wear 240), whereas MAC (NC20) has yellow undertone a bit more.
It could be nicer if it comes with a pump bottle.
Follow up: after I use it 4 days in a row, my face break out like insert bite after day 3, red and itchy on my cheek area. I stop using it and back to my Estee Lauder DW, the redness is slowing reduce but it took me a week to fully recover. So sad, I so hope this foundation work for me:-(

on 9/23/2010 9:21:00 AM

This made my face very oily. No breakouts from it per se, but, lots of blackheads. Although they give great coverage, I think that I am just going to have to stay away from MAC foundations :(

on 9/21/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not sure I understand the hype with this foundation. It is quite cakey on my skin. Not that i have very dry areas but on the section around my nose the foundation would grab. It does last for some time which is a plus but i prefer some drug store brands over the price and quality of this. I first used it with 190 brush and it was terrible as it laid way to much product down. The bottle is also too heavy for traveling and not practical as there is no pump. Would not purchase this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i was really excited to buy this product and it looked really REALLY good on my skin but i broke out severly from it.. as many do.. but i am using this foundation as my main foundation for a my professional kit because like i said.. it was FLAWLESS!

on 9/18/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Before Pro Longwear came out this was the only foundation that gave me the absolute perfect color match, great full coverage but I'm an oily mess in like 2 hours! Maybe in the winter time when my face is kinda of dry it might work better but not enough for me to buy back. I use to get tons of compliments on how good my skin looked with this on because with a 187 brush my face literally looked airbrush! But the oiliness always won out and I can't stand to blot all day or check on my foundation, so I won't be buying this back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a great product but much better compared to other products in the high end/low end range. My skin is dark (NC 50) with golden yellow undertones and this foundation in NC 50 is the perfect color choice for me and I have not found the same match in any other HE/LE brands. Another plus is that it didnt aggravate my cystic hormonal acne. Besides that, it didnt reely control my oil. My skin would get oily about 2 hrs later even with setting powder and primer. And, it is EXTREMELY transferrable. I could NOT hug my bf for fear of ruining his shirt. Also beware when u wear a light colored top and u r removing it. Another minus is that it oxidises horribly. I know I said that it matches my skin tone perfectly but this is only true be4 the oiliness kicks in. Once, it gets oily on my face, it separates, lightens or darkens in color and slips off my face.
But, during those times when the oilies dont kick in yet.....ppl never beleived me when I told them I have cystic acne. The coverage is medium to full but it would cover all my spots without concealor and the effect was very soft and wouldnt accentuate my bumps.

on 9/18/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Good ol' Studio Fix. I've got mixed feelings on this product. I don't love it -- sometimes far from love, but it's the only foundation I've ever found that (and believe me, I have tried quite a few, including expensive ones marketed as "noncomedogenic" and "oil-free" that completely ruined my skin) does not flare up my acne. It's a product I can always trust, which I find is important to have.

The coverage is medium to full so it covers my hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring well, and the finish is slightly dewy. If you have trouble finding the right foundation shade for you, you're guaranteed to find a match, which I praise MAC for as someone who has issues with that. The price is right compared to other department store buys, though not exactly cheap. But $26 dollars is a definite improvement over $40+ dollar foundations.

The reason this will never be a favorite is because of how much it oxidizes. If you put some on the back of your hand and leave it to sit for five or ten minutes, it turns a distinct orange. I don't notice the orange color on my face, but after an hour or two you can tell it has gotten a shade or two darker.

The staying power is also lacking. After a few hours all of the scarring and uneven skin tone starts to show through once again. And despite setting it with powder, this rubs off easily. If you wipe your nose with a tissue, foundation will come off on it.

So, I am unsure of this foundation. It will remain on my dresser until I'm finally able to find a foundation that has decent coverage, doesn't accentuate dryness and does not break me out. But the search has yet to be fruitful, and Studio Fix continues to be the only safe choice I can always fall back on to do the job, albeit not without price.

on 9/15/2010 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Mac's studio fix fluid is a product that i will most definetly repurchase. It stays matte all day long. I apply my makeup at around 7am and i take it off at around 7-8pm. The first time i purchase this product i broke out with 7-10 cystic pimples on my face. I went back to the the mac mua and i told her what was happening and we pin pointed that i wasn't washing my brushes with something that would clean it properly. At the time i was using baby shampoo. Now i am using dawn dishsoap and since i retried it again i have not had 1 single pimple from using it. This is my hg foundation. I have it in two colours NW45 and NW55. Mixing those colours gives me the exact shade that i am because NW50 was looking a bit ashy and NW45 was too light. I got very dark this summer. I like the ability to have control in mixing my colours. Therefore this is a product i will definitely be repurchasing for a very long time.

on 9/14/2010 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have aproblem with foundations. I want one that stays on, and matte all day. Ive gone through many foundations over the years and this one was probably the one that did the job the best. Im not saying this on eif fantastic... but it did the job. I did find after a few hours you could 'see" it...
I will be continuing my search for the perfect foundations after Im done this bottle