October 30, 2014 | 1436 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

The only reason I bought this product was because my friend always wore it and I loved how it looked on her. It gave her a flawless powdery look that I really wanted in a liquid foundation.
I really wanted to love this product because it looked amazing and had amazing coverage, but sadly it broke me out. After I stopped using this product, my skin went back to normal. I would not buy this product again, but I would use it in the future if I had a special event or for 1 day as I love the way it looked on my skin.

Edit:
After trying it out for over a year, I realized that this foundation oxidized on me after a couple of hours. I have tried it with so any different setting powders to no avail. It made me look snooki orange! Definitely not buying this product again. Plus it smells really gross...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by thelondongirl

amazing product!i rarely write reviews but after trying several foundations and coming back to this one i had to write a review!brilliant coverage without looking cakey!i have a lot of acne cars and it concealed everything without looking like i had a lot of makeup on!i've tried several foundations-chanel light reflecting foundation(extremely thick n cakey),chanel matte lumiere,mufe hd,mufe matte velvet(pretty good,great packaging),bobbi brown foundation stick(also quite good),nars sheer glow(not bad) and the worst!-clinique even better which has a horrible colour range thats way too pink,after trying all these foundations and more i have come to the conclusion that mac studio fix fluid is the BEST!and is also a great colour match for anyone with a south asian complexion,highly recommend it to anyone who requires a lot of coverage without looking cakey!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I love MAC but this foundation was really disappointing. I loved it the first hour I wore it until it started fading and it rubs off sooo easily! It was also very orange which I was told would subside but I think it got worse.

The next day I broke out in huge painful bumps under my skin in places where I never get spots. I gave the foundation a break for 2 weeks (the time it took for my skin to heal!) and then tried it again. Next day I broke out again, huge painful cysts! Took 3 weeks for those to heal.

So now I am just not prepared to suffer through that again. I don't know what this foundation contains but it blocks pores like crazy! So bummed I wasted my money, from the reviews on here I will be trying Revlon Colorstay next.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by loveforbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in color #C4.5.

This is one of those foundations I always go back to. It's not my HG foundation, I'm still searching for it in fact, but it's a good one to have in your makeup collection. People favor it because it's matte, has great full coverage, it's blendable, etc. It's just that sometimes it gets cakey, feels heavy, oxidizes, rubs off on clothes, and more commonly, causes breakouts. I personally have not had the problem of breaking out from this, but I find that it oxidizes if I wear it in the daytime heat, which is not attractive at all. I'm in the car and I look in the mirror to find my face looking disgusting and cakey! So that being said, I don't use it if I'm going to be outdoors when it's hot. I used to be #NC44, but no I find that to be extremely dark, so I changed to #C4.5, which matches me a lot better and brightens my face instead of oxidizing on me.

So, it's full coverage, you DO NOT need a lot to get good coverage. One pump is all you need...well, all I need anyway. It also sucks you have to buy a pump separately, but it's worth the investment since it prevents contamination of opening the bottle and controls how much you want to use. I apply it either with a damp wedge sponge or a traditional flat foundation brush. I finish it off with a setting powder, usually MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural.

Overall, yes, I would buy this foundation again, and I have bought it numerous times.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

NC15. A perfect match for my skin tone, but it doesn't have the illuminating quality of the Dior foundation. It covers like a dream, even bad spots. Together with Dior, these two are my perfect foundations, I couldn't be able to choose between them. The stuff is a bit tricky to get out of the bottle, if you don't want to invest into MAC pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I like this foundation. It's not my HG, but it works fairly well. I like the matte finish and smooth texture. It's so full coverage and gives me the flawless face look. Sometimes it may get too heavy, but if I'm using this then I thin it out a bit with some moisturizer. Sucks that you have to buy the pump seperately and if you don't, using the open bottle alone can get messy. It can oxidize though, that's why I took a lippie off. Overall, not a bad foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by giraffejousting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I would buy this product again. I'm thinking about exploring other foundations. I probably shouldn't use this because I have acne-prone skin, but my mom bought it for me as a birthday present. I like that this foundation gives decent coverage, but it settles into my smile lines and really emphasizes them. It also really makes any dryness obvious, even if I use a moisturizer underneath. Another downside is that once this is applied, it makes any whitehead that I may have super obvious, which is a pain because then I want to extract but have to resist because my makeup has already been applied. Overall, I think I'd like to see what else there is in the foundation world. Paying $6 extra for the pump also annoyed me a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not an HQ foundation but it is a reliable one.

Pros:
1. Color match is great. I bought NC45 and it blended well.
2. Affordable
3. Medium to full coverage. It doesn't require a lot of product to cover my face. The coverage was deep enough to cover face blemishes.
4. Soft matte finish.
5. Bottle is high-quality. It fell off a shelf from a high distance and didn't shatter.

Cons:
1. It oxidizes in warm weather. For me, this is definitely a cold weather foundation.
2. It transfers rather easily.
3. Had to buy a separate pump for the bottle.
4. Can lead to acne in warm weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by katrina02

I love this foundation! I've tried so many but i have to say i'm really happy with this one and i have been using it for the last year and a bit. I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for about 3 years which i still love but it made me look like a ghost in photos! Studio fix i a bit similar to ES DW but it feels a bit lighter on my face.

The colour selection is great and a little goes a long way. It's buildable so you can use if if you want medium or full coverage without it feeling like a mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ladybug44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as a desperate attempt to cover my newly arrived acne and acne scars. The foundation had good coverage and that was basically it. After reading the comments about other girls experiencing little bumps and white heads after useing it i realize it isnt just me its the foundation. Not worth buying especially because it doesnt even come with a pump!