MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/20/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite foundation by far. I have very oily skin that is uneven in colour and it sometimes breaks out, so I asked the girl at MAC to pick me out one and this stuff is great! I look flawless and porcelain, like a doll according to my fiancé, and my skin doesn't look all red and blotchy anymore, even when I blush which is nice. It stays on pretty well, but I do have to blot my face a couple times during the day, but that's not the make ups fault, its my stupid super oily faces fault:P A little goes a long way since it is pretty thick, if you put too much on you'll have a cake face look. I just ran out of my first bottle today after 7 and a half months so even though its pricey it's worth it in the end. It also doesn't change colour and make you turn orange as the day goes on like cheap drug store make up. You can go out feeling confident that no one is looking at your foundation, they are just looking at you!

Love love love this product!! Have been using it for years now and I can say this is my go to foundation. I dont have that many skin issues other than the occassional blemish and slight redness. It works wonders with evening out my skin tone. I use mac mineral finish in natural to set it and im good pretty much all day (unless its super hot, then i touch up the tzone with mineral finish). <3 NC25

on 8/20/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

-does NOT cover well enough; i have blemishes all over and now muatter how i applied you could still see it a little.

-spreads out too much, not thick enough

-transfers like crazy

-don't get this if you're oily!

on 8/20/2010 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, but I still used Mac studio fix fluid, it had great coverage, but after an hour or so my face looked disgustingly oily. I always cared for my skin used a good moisturizer, but my face broke out. It was terrible, my skin was horrible when I had no makeup on, once I put on the makeup I felt better because I wouldn't see my acne or blemishes, until one day I said that's itI should stop covering the terrible acne I have and start doing something for my skin. People would tell my that they could tell I was breaking out a lot and they would say it was my makeup I was using, but I would just say no, and said to myself it's just stress that's causing my face to break out, but sadly is was the Mac fluid that was messing up my face. I switched from Mac studio fix fluid to Clinique acne solutions liquid makeup and my face looks better then ever...I willl not but MAC again it ruined my face!!!!

on 8/20/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this product - I've been using it ever since I was a teen and this product has always served me well - so far I have never found the need to buy another foundation. Back in highschool my skin was pretty prone to break outs and almost every foundation either made the problem worse or didn't provide enough coverage but Studio Fix solved this problem in no time flat. This product sits well on my skin and provides maximum coverage. Although my skin no longer breaks out it is oily and unlike a lot of products this still manages to get the job done through a full 8 hour work day and STILL doesn't clog my pores! Huzzah for finding good coverage at last.

on 8/20/2010 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to buy this product because it was my first MAC foundation. I have heard that it broke people out, so I was skeptical, but since it was only $26 (compared to NARS and MUFE), I thought I would take the risk. I applied it with a stippling brush and I LOVED it! I loved how flawless I looked, I got a lot of compliments too. It felt smooth on my skin as well, and looked very natural. BUUUUT... after only one day of using it I got little bumps on my cheek and my chin. They're not noticable bumps, but if I kept using this foundation, no doubt would I have had pimples. I'm so upset that I can't use this product, but I will keep it to use for special occasions.

PROS:
- Goes on like silk.
- Blends easily.
- Does not oxidize.
- Has SPF.
- You will definitely find your shade of color.

CONS:
- May break you out.
- Does not come with a pump.

on 8/18/2010 10:42:00 PM

I love this foundation. I have very uneven skin tone doe to acne, rosacea ond my skin is very oily. This product made my skin look flawless and wore beautifuly throughout the day. although I've read some reviews that people broke out from it, I never did. It seemed to soothe my skin and didnt transfer onto my clothing. I'm addicted. LOVE IT!!!!

on 8/17/2010 3:28:00 AM

I accidentally got this product in NW20. I was in a hurry when I needed to pick up the Studio Sculpt foundation and didn't look at what the counter grabbed for me. It was a lucky accident. I used this for my night out and set the foundation with the mineralize skin finish (natural). My skin looked absolutely flawless in photos. I really enjoy Studio Sculpt as it has a nice cream texture and this is more liquid but I'm more than happy with the results.

on 8/17/2010 3:08:00 AM

I use NC 35, and it works pretty well on me. I tend to get oily skin, and need something with pretty good coverage and this product delivers. I went to dances, and took a lot of pictures and this foundation stayed true for most of the night. In the pictures I didn't look oily at all, and had beautiful skin. The foundation is pretty smooth and easy to apply with my 109 brush. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does break me out, the next day after I wear it I always expect a few more tiny pimples. You definitely need to wipe this off good when you come home. I consider this my "special occasion" foundation, lol. I don't think my face could handle wearing this everyday.

I really like this foundation it goes on smooth and covers well. it smells bad tho but it hasnt broken me out or anything.