December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by smam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever Benefit purchase, narrowly chosen over DiorShow, and I'm happy with my choice! What separates this mascara from the pack is the definition it provides - yes, it volumizes, and yes, it lengthens, but neither of those features would be as impressive without the clean and separated look that it gives. Each lash runs parallel to its neighbor with no clumps or lashes sticking together or going out at weird angles - yes, I sound like I've over-thought this but it is really what makes the mascara amazing. It gives that mascara commercial fan look that you know a makeup artist spent five hours on, separating each lash from another with a pin or sewing needle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by candey_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous mascara! I have been using Lancome L'Extreme, but this is soo much better. It provides length and volume, without clumping. The biggest bonus for this prodict it is the ONLY mascara that I apply to my bottom lashes and I do not get panda eyes by the end of the day. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes. It is in a huge bottle, with a massive brush. Personally I dont find the brush to large. Im used to applying mascara and removing excess with a cotton bud. Luv this, and will definately be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally short, black lashes which are not very thick. Iím no expert on mascara as my HG ones are by Maybelline, but as BeneFit was on 3 for 2 and mine was running low a little while ago I thought Iíd give this a go.

As has come to be expected of BeneFit, the mascara comes in a rather strangely decorated container: a black box with fuchsia pink and white text which matches the wand itself (but incidentally matches nothing else in the range, bar the Bad Gal eyeliner). Personally I find it rather cheap and gaudy/80s looking but some people may like it! It is what you may describe as a Ďsupersizeí Ė ok, maybe not that huge but certainly larger than your average.

Once youíre past the loud packaging and have your lashes beautifully curled, you come to the application. Unscrew the shiny silver cap, remove the wand, and youíll realise why the mascara is bigger than most Ė the head of the wand looks HUGE! It actually looks like itís going to be impossible to apply. In spite of that, the wand actually has an even amount of jet black mascara on its slightly curved edges without looking overloaded or clumpy.

The best way to apply mascara is to tilt your head back slightly & wiggle the brush at the roots/base of your lashes, then sweep upwards slowly. Despite the wand looking ridiculously big for manoeuvring around the eye area itís actually quite easy to handle, proven by the fact that Iíve actually never made any major mistakes around my eye while trying to apply it. You can vary the amount you put on, but perhaps this is only possible because my lashes are dark anyway, Iím not sure a lighter-lashed girl could wear it just on the tips as itíd look strange.

After application the mascara looks beautifully dark and long Ė if Iíve applied a generous amount sometimes my eyelashes look nearly false (but in a good wayÖ) If you want them to look more natural than made-up then it helps if you comb them through with an eyelash comb to totally separate them. The mascara doesnít feel as thick on as it appears, so itís not annoying to wear.

The effect always lasts the entire day without flaking/melting onto my under eye area/running in the rain (perhaps it also helps that I never wear this certain mascara on my bottom lashes?). Although it doesnít claim to be waterproof I have never had this run at all; never even had it smudge one tiny bit. But taking that into consideration youíd think itís a pain to remove at night? Itís not. Itís easy as pie; just a standard oil based makeup remover with cotton wool (or even a cleansing wipe) will remove it.

I donít really wear it often enough to say whether it has a positive/negative effect on my lashes but itís certainly had no detrimental effect on the occasions I have used it.

This mascara is a rather overpriced, as is the majority of the BeneFit range. The RRP is £14.50 for 8.5g. Normally Iíd recommend scouring amazon for a bargain. I donít think this is suitable if you want a really natural effect as if youíre wearing no makeup at all, but I like it because when I wear mascara I want it to look more obvious than my natural lashes. I also donít think it would be suitable for day wear on those with lighter lashes as it might look too bold (unless thatís the look youíre aiming for). For me, itís not the best mascara I've ever used, but I'm glad I tried it out. I prefer Maybelline though. On the rare occasions I choose to wear bad gal, it provides me with the jet black long lashes. Iíd recommend this to anyone with a fondness to black lash-lengthening mascara: not one for the plain Janes; itís definitely one for the Bad Gals.

I shall take 2 lippies off for the price & not THAT much volumizing. I get better from my Maybelline mascaras! Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

def on my top 3 mascaras. legnth and volume is incrediable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

I bought this because I saw it had won several beauty awards and I was disappointed when I bought it. It has too big of a wand which causes a mess on your eyelids. I really like the benefit line, but I will not be using this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by janeypaney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would say the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara is as good as this and cheaper. I really wanted this to be better as I love the look of benefit stuff. Its so expensive for what it is and if your not careful can clump.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by m1029

all this did for me was clump... i did not like it at all, espesually since its on the mroe expensive side

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sammydog1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is pretty good. I bought it for the big fat brush. Mascaras with the fatty brush make my lashes look thicker and fuller. This does the trick.

It sometimes does clump, but not if you get rid of the glob of mascara that forms on the end of the brush when you pull the wand out.

Nice dark, blackest black.

I would buy this again. I took a lippie off because it's kind of expensive, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

An OK product, it gives a natural look rather than full volume. You can build up volume (it didn't clump on me) but it's hard work, it takes a few applications and the end result isn't as good as what you'd get from one layer of a good volume mascara e.g. Diorshow.

Good points:
- great "true black" colour,
- perfect lash coating (thicker at the base and thinner at the ends, no joining the lashes),
- it doesn't clump,
- it can be layered 2-3 times, even before drying
- no visible flaking,
- comfortable to wear (no irritation or stiff lashes).

Bad points:
- it doesn't hold the curl for too long,
- it smudges a bit,
- not a great deal of length or volume.
This mascara would be good for people wanting natural, defined eyelashes for everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by bestofme512

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this mascara. It clumped most of my lashes. To be honest, I prefer my L'Oreal Volumizing Mascara over this. I wouldn't be so mad if the price wasn't so expensive for such an OK product.