December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my God! This is like the best mascara ever!!!! Now, after using Lancome's Hypnose, I thought that I would never buy another kind of dramatic mascara ever again. But, then I decided that I wanted waterproof so that I would get all day wear and then some. However, Hypnose at the time didn't come in waterproof. So, then about 7 months ago I discovered Maybelline's Turbo Volume Express, which I thought was the most amazing mascara I ever tired. It totally gave me the false lash look. Now, forward 6 months later. My lashes are short and brittle and dried out. So, I decided to try a sample of High Impact. Everyone around me always raved about it, but I was always like, ehhh, Clinique's mascara? Yeah, right. BUT OH MY GOD!!! They were soooo right! This is the most dramatic regular mascara I have ever tried! It is smudgeproof and doesn't flake off. Even after I'm dripped w/ sweat during a workout, my lashes are still PERFECT!!! Now, you might be thinking, this girl hasn't tried all that has been out there, so else why would she be saying Clinque? Well, I have also tried Benefit Bad Gal (Hated it w/ a passion, huge brush (which I loved, horrible mascara), Estee Lauder's Magnascopic, YSL Cils, Chanel Cils a Cils, L'oreal Voluminous (which sucks to me), Lancome Definicils (did nothing) and Dior Show (which was okay). High Impact is a fabulous mascara where you an just do two coats and you're set to go. I wear it in black, which is as black of a mascara as you can get. TRUST ME! This is definately a must have!!!! I LOVE CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really any better than drug store mascara....Still looking for my HG...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and thought I'd write that I was NOt impressed at all. High impact my a&&!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by wondertoe

i really hate this and all clinique mascaras i have tried. they all come right off at the slightest hint of moisture and i always end up with racoon eyes within a few hours no matter which ones i try. they also don't do much for my lashes, and usually turn greyish. i love clinique lipstick and skincare, but their mascaras are terrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the worst mascara I have ever tried, and actually the most expensive mascara I've ever tried. I've always been the drug-store type, because the prices are decent and the products I buy meet my expectations. So when a friend gave me the "free gift" that Clinique offered when she bought a product, I was all over it. One of the products was High Impact Mascara, and it was the worst mascara I have ever tried in my entire life. I unscrewed the cap and pulled out the brush and saw how messy it was. SO MUCH GLOBBY MASCARA was just...globbed onto the brush, so much that I had to wipe lots of it off. I curled my lashes like I always do and then put this mascara on. I knew it would be messy and globby, so I used a light touch, but the stuff still came on unevenly and globby. My lashes were unnaturally dark and clumpy, and then I noticed that my beautiful curl in my lashes was gone. The thick mascara had totally weighed them down. I wish I could put a picture online so everyone could see how terrible my eyelashes looked.

If you want a messy, globby, clumpy mascara that makes your eyelashes completely straight and flat, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nymphetamine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt to finding my perfect mascara. Unfortunatly this isn't it, but when I was using it, I was still satisfied. It builds nicely, doesn't clump very much. Easy to wash off, but doesn't flake off or anything. The problem was it didn't hold my curls, so so it didn't do much more for my tiny asian eyelashes than the other mascaras i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

If my eyelids can get infected by mascara, they do get infected. My eyes are super-sensitive to something in mascaras. I buy Clinique almost exclusively because they're hypoallergenic. Never bother me. I like the High Impact because it looks natural and it's not clumply. It doesn't rub off either. Good stuff...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite masacras!I'm in love of masacras and this one does it all! Lengthens,strengthens,adds volume...It ocassionally smudges but it's worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 6:04:00 AM More reviews by starlight85

I got this in a GWP.. It has a nice fluffy brush which i liked at first, but on application, it straightened my curled lashes! I think it's too wet/heavy for my lashes. Nothing to rave about IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I got this in a GWP and wasn't expecting to like it, but used it on a whim and I LOVE IT!!! I had been using Lancome Flextencils and I prefer this, as well as the price! I will definitely be buyying a full size.