November 21, 2014 | 1836 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the worst mascara I have ever tried, and actually the most expensive mascara I've ever tried. I've always been the drug-store type, because the prices are decent and the products I buy meet my expectations. So when a friend gave me the "free gift" that Clinique offered when she bought a product, I was all over it. One of the products was High Impact Mascara, and it was the worst mascara I have ever tried in my entire life. I unscrewed the cap and pulled out the brush and saw how messy it was. SO MUCH GLOBBY MASCARA was just...globbed onto the brush, so much that I had to wipe lots of it off. I curled my lashes like I always do and then put this mascara on. I knew it would be messy and globby, so I used a light touch, but the stuff still came on unevenly and globby. My lashes were unnaturally dark and clumpy, and then I noticed that my beautiful curl in my lashes was gone. The thick mascara had totally weighed them down. I wish I could put a picture online so everyone could see how terrible my eyelashes looked.

If you want a messy, globby, clumpy mascara that makes your eyelashes completely straight and flat, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nymphetamine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt to finding my perfect mascara. Unfortunatly this isn't it, but when I was using it, I was still satisfied. It builds nicely, doesn't clump very much. Easy to wash off, but doesn't flake off or anything. The problem was it didn't hold my curls, so so it didn't do much more for my tiny asian eyelashes than the other mascaras i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

If my eyelids can get infected by mascara, they do get infected. My eyes are super-sensitive to something in mascaras. I buy Clinique almost exclusively because they're hypoallergenic. Never bother me. I like the High Impact because it looks natural and it's not clumply. It doesn't rub off either. Good stuff...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite masacras!I'm in love of masacras and this one does it all! Lengthens,strengthens,adds volume...It ocassionally smudges but it's worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 6:04:00 AM More reviews by starlight85

I got this in a GWP.. It has a nice fluffy brush which i liked at first, but on application, it straightened my curled lashes! I think it's too wet/heavy for my lashes. Nothing to rave about IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I got this in a GWP and wasn't expecting to like it, but used it on a whim and I LOVE IT!!! I had been using Lancome Flextencils and I prefer this, as well as the price! I will definitely be buyying a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2005 6:06:00 PM More reviews by margotmargot

I wasn't expecting much out of this ( I received it in a gwp) because it was so wet on the wand. But this stuff is actually great! It's the first mascara I've ever tried that doesn't flake or make grey smudges under my eyes. It also doesn't feel sticky or stiff, or leave clumps. This is an all-around great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Daphers

I've only tried the sample size, but so far this is my favourite mascara ever!

It doesn't seem to dry out, it adds lots of length and curl, and volumises just the right amount (not too spidery, not too skimpy). If the full size disappoints, I'll update, but I'm thoroughly impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by colnago

So far, I am loving this mascara. A friend gave me a sample, and after I used that up, I broke down and bought a full tube. My lashes are dark but not too long, and this lengthens and thickens beautifully. I like the wetter texture, and the staying power is great, much better than my former HG, L'oreal Voluminous. I rarely have to re-apply, even after a full workday. Highly recommended, will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by poneegryl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this for xmas. im big on mascara... i have 01 black. it goes on very wet, dries shiny, and gives me the dramatic fabulous lashes that i love. the package loads a little too much product on the wand and you get some smears and smudges due to the consistency, but it doesn't irritate my contacts and stays put once it dries. love the "teddybear" brush--reminds me of l'oreal lashout. edited to add: i took off a lippie & i am no longer using this as the formula is waaay too wet. it smears all over, never dries, and gives me eewy gooey black eye boogers.