September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Daphers

I've only tried the sample size, but so far this is my favourite mascara ever!

It doesn't seem to dry out, it adds lots of length and curl, and volumises just the right amount (not too spidery, not too skimpy). If the full size disappoints, I'll update, but I'm thoroughly impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by colnago

So far, I am loving this mascara. A friend gave me a sample, and after I used that up, I broke down and bought a full tube. My lashes are dark but not too long, and this lengthens and thickens beautifully. I like the wetter texture, and the staying power is great, much better than my former HG, L'oreal Voluminous. I rarely have to re-apply, even after a full workday. Highly recommended, will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by poneegryl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this for xmas. im big on mascara... i have 01 black. it goes on very wet, dries shiny, and gives me the dramatic fabulous lashes that i love. the package loads a little too much product on the wand and you get some smears and smudges due to the consistency, but it doesn't irritate my contacts and stays put once it dries. love the "teddybear" brush--reminds me of l'oreal lashout. edited to add: i took off a lippie & i am no longer using this as the formula is waaay too wet. it smears all over, never dries, and gives me eewy gooey black eye boogers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a good basic mascara but nothing special...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2005 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Schelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

another Clinique disaster. It ran into my eyes and burned and my eyes were red and watering all day. Luckily this was a sample and I did not pay money for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by orea_eleni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I rec'd as a gwp the same day I bought Chanel's new mascara cils a cils, and I love this much more.

It's on the wet side, very dark (I got it in black), full bristley brush, and it didn't flake at all. I love the way it makes my lashes look full and flirty. One coat has as much "impact" as about three coats of other mascaras, but still has a naturalness, not at all spidery.

I am glad I got it as a gwp, b/c otherwise I never would have tried it. I will be purchasing a full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is the fourth time I have purchased this mascara. I love it! I bought in Plum first, but they don't carry that anymore so I've moved to black/brown which is a typical Clinique color. The brush is wet and thick, and the application feels much "fuller" than with other mascaras (Max Factor formulas seem dry to me, even if I like the effect). I don't have a problem with smudging or flaking, but that could just be me. I get very full lashes- it doesn't do too much for length, but it does fatten up lashes substantially. I will repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in a GWP and am so happy I didn't listen to the SA who tried to convince me to buy it. Because as far as I'm concerned, this is one of the worst mascaras I've tried in a while, period. The formula is extremely heavy and clumpy and had a nasty smell to boot. I applied it to my freshly curled lashes and it immediatley weighed them down, pulled out the curl and made them clumpy, spidery and brittle. High Impact my you-know-what! BOO! I did like the big, soft fluffy brush though. Needless to say I would never EVER buy this. Save yourself the money and disappointment by ignoring this next time you're at a Clinique counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2005 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jenbridge

Pros: nice black color, glossy after application, thickening, no raccoon eyes
Cons: too wet, too much product on brush each time i take it out, could do better job at separating and lengthening (i have short lashes), smears before it gets to dry

i got this as a small sample included w/ eye shadows. it's a good product & not cheap (the whole Cliniqe line generally), but for me, i would want more length and separation, otherwise, it'd be a great mascara, just not exactly what i'm looking for. I would've actually rated it as 'between' a 3 and 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

Nothing impressive about this mascara. The color is nice and black, but the formula is simply too wet and clumpy on my lashes. I tried to comb them out with my lash comb, but it made a huge mess -- blech! Thankfully it was just a GWP, and I ended up giving it to a friend anyway (who didn't feel squirmish about using already-used mascara...). She thought it was decent however, and it didn't clump on her as badly as it did on me, so that's why I'm giving it 2 lippies. Try the Naturally Glossy Mascara if you want a really good one, but otherwise, pass on this one.