Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 6/10/2005 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great mascara. It gives full, curled, and long eyelashes. The colour I picked (darkest one) is nice and dramatic. Its standout area is it's curling potential. True to the name, it does provide high impact. Medium easy to remove, this is a great mascara that I would repurchase again sometime in the future.

on 6/10/2005 9:07:00 AM

I really wanted to like this stuff. It's ok, but it does clump really easily. It looks awesome though if you put an eyelash comb to separate, but don't even think about trying a second coat. You must be skilled to apply this with little clumping. I still use it once in a while, but I would not repurchase.

I got this mascara in 01 Black. It gives a nice coverage and covers every lash. Makes your eyes stand out without looking ridiculous. This does clump your lashes some though. Not too bad, but its almost impossible to keep your lashes clump free with a second coat. It still looks good on though.

on 6/5/2005 9:14:00 PM

No impact mascara more like. No volume, no length, just clumps and a bit of colour. Just say no to this one.

on 6/4/2005 1:38:00 PM

Tried the GWP, and I don't really like it. It clumped, was hard to apply without getting it all over my lid and flaked off and got under my contacts. That's the great thing about GWPs! Won't buy.

I got this as a GWP 3 days ago and have been using it since to get a verdict. The jury is still out...

It's not HG material in my book. It's nice but not wonderful. I can only apply 1 coat, otherwise it clumps on me. Initially it didn't go on very well, not a smooth finish, but I've been applying my EL Lash Therapy under it and removing the excess (EL LT) with a Q-tip, waiting for it to dry then apply the mascara -- it does go on much more smoothly. It doesn't smudge or flake - I've had it on for 12 hours now and it's still pretty much in place... I curl (heated curler) before applying this and it makes the curl droop significantly. It thickens and lengthens slightly. In my review I said I would purchase again, but I'm not completely sure. I wouldn't avoid it like the plague, but I wouldn't purchase in a hurry!

I just want to add one more comment: I love reading everyones reviews, especially on mascara. I'm an Aussie and I can't get over how everyone from the USA comments on how expensive things in particular like mascara are - you gals are actually really lucky! In Australia Clinique mascaras are around $36, Lauder about $47, I priced the Guerlain ones ther other day $50!!! So count your blessings! I'd be elated if a good mascara only cost $20-$28. Even a Max Factor or L'oreal cost around $20 here! Yikes!

on 6/2/2005 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a GWP, thank god for samples. I am a loyal user of Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara and Paula Dorf's Cake Mascara. For a night out I wanted a mascara with more "oomph" but this is not it. I found it too thick and clumpy, too much of the product on the brush. By far not as terrible as Maybelline's mascaras, but this defintely didn't have a High Impact on me. Would not purchase.

on 6/2/2005 8:46:00 PM

I love this stuff.. I used to swear by Ultimeyes by Christian Dior, but i finally tried on this sample one i got and i just can't believe it you only need one coat it totally puffs up and lengthens your lashes and they look curly too they look really great.. alot better than the dior... I will defintely keep buying this! and half the price of Dior

on 5/25/2005 3:33:00 PM

The lady at the counter convinced me to try this one, when I knew that I wanted the Naturally Glossy. I will not buy this again because it is just so goopy. So much product is on the brush, I have to wipe it off on the edge of the tube like 10 times before I can use it and not end up with spider leg eyelashes. It also dries pretty hard, not natural at all. I will definitely go with Naturally Glossy next time.

on 5/22/2005 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this as GWP, too. I personally prefer the Glossy Mascara. I found this one is thicker and makes my lashes looks fuller than the Glossy mascara, but also more clumpy and goey. I have to be very careful not to blink after I coat this on my lashes (I tend to blink RIGHT AFTER I applied mascara) - since it's so creamy & thick so it tends to leave black marks under my eye. I'd say this one is more suitable for a nite out, because I prefer more natural looks for daily wear. Nevertheless, I like Clinique mascaras so far. They sure has good quality and fairly priced. I won't (re)purchase this one, though. I will repurchase the Glossy Mascara, instead.

Popular Mascaras