Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 4/21/2003 8:39:00 PM

I would never buy it or wear it. I found it cloying and offensive. It is VERY strong and it is the kind of scent that only seems to get stronger and permeate everything around you after it is applied. I had a previous review that I was much kinder in but I can no longer pretend to tolerate it. The smell never left me the whole day I wore it. I mean it never left my nose-it was everywhere with only a dab causing me to smell like one of those women who bathes in perfume. I think it must be my chemistry b/c so many people love this. It can't smell this way on them.

on 4/19/2003 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance simply because it is femminine. One spray on the vital points lasts all day. I also find that many people do not know the scent as much so it feels unique compared to other more commercial brand fragrances.

on 4/19/2003 5:32:00 AM

I tried this in EDT version and will be purchasing EDP. It is citrusy then dries down to floral then filnally to marine and fresh scent(a little like men's perfume) To make that short, I love it!! Edit 5/30/2004 : I changed my rating from 5 to 4. It is not bad but I feel the scent lacks complexity.

on 4/14/2003 3:46:00 AM

SEXY. HEADY. WARM. This is my "date" fragrance. I love it!

on 4/11/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Coco Mlle is one of a very few fragrances that have an absolutely phenomenal reaction with my body chemistry (unlike the original Coco, which is beautiful in the bottle but tragically morphs into cat urine on my skin). This fragrance is sensational. I hate patchouli, but luckily for me my skin doesn't pick up on that note at all. I also don't smell any of the citrus/fruitiness/sweetness that other reviewers keep mentioning. At first spritz Coco Mlle has that distinctive Chanel scent, but it quickly mellows and ripens into a warm, enveloping, and simply intoxicating spicy scent with a hint of florals and powder. Gorgeous, and lasts forever. I love this fragrance - it makes me feel decadent and elegant, and I love the classic Chanel bottle!

The best fragrance ever. This blends so perfectly with my own body's chemistry I hope they never stop making it. I've been wearing this for a year & it still never fails that where ever I go someone always comments on how wonderful it smells.

on 3/23/2003 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was given to me on Valentine's Day, & it smells gorgeous. One spritz is enough to leave a lasting fragrance, & i love the fact that it isn't musky like many other fragrances by Chanel.

on 3/20/2003 1:30:00 PM

Beautiful, complex and sophisticated..I feel empowered when I wear this to work. Use with a light hand.

on 3/16/2003 5:45:00 AM

I think this is a good nighttime scent. I am not big on fragrances, so I consider this pretty bold. Others may disagree. I use Shiseido Relaxing Fragrance more often.

on 3/14/2003 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Over 50 here: Okay, I bought Coco Mademoiselle when it came out and decided I couldn't stand all the synthetics; gave it to my daughter. Gave it another chance; still no go. Definitely works on younger women with darker skintone.