February 27, 2015 | 1585 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2002 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really lovely fragrance sort of swwt and sophisticated. I love this on other people. though it's not really something I can wear myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2002 8:23:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 22/03/06 Totally rewrote my review: This is my signature scent. I wore it through 2001-2003, then off and on in 2004, 2005. Now I've finally settled down with it permanently because I just can't stick with anything else. Other perfumes are okay for a few days or even a week, but then I get hankering for some Coco Mlle, and I just have to have it. Some days I don't even feel like myself if I'm not wearing it.
It's a citrusy burst that eventually turns into a deep patch-vetiver and vanilla scent. The EDT and EDP are two different scents, with the EDT heavy on the musk, but I like wearing them both. EDT for day and EDP for night.
I find it's gotten less popular in the last few years which is good, one of the reasons I tried to get away from this was the immense popularity, but I just couldn't let go.
Guys find this fragrance sexy as hell on me. That just added to my strong hold on it. I can't live without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2002 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Judith

Just a no!

Nothing special IMO. I can't remember the smell although I tried it several times because I wanted to love it....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2002 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dara09

When I smelled it on a fragrance strip (forced upon me by a fragrance SA), I thought I smelled freshly cut mangoes. That came as a surprise to me as well, as I expected milky, warm, spicy sweetness that I normally don't like. I have to say that I love the initial half an hour of Coco Mlle - gorgeous, delicious fruity floral! However, when I put a teeny dab on my wrist, I was knocked back a little by how heady it is. I still love the top notes, but just can't imagine spraying myself with it. The drydown is a little milky floral with a touch of spice (the patchouli isn't too overwhelming and I'm not a patchouli fan), with the fruity notes waving in and out. Not bad, esp. considering that I normally don't like Oriental perfumes. I just find it a little too strong and don't like it enough to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 4:58:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely delicious!!! I begged the lady for samples after I smelled it for the first time!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 7:58:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried to resist this one, but finally caved, and I love it, love it, love it. Chanel shows how to do a sweet, vanilla-tinged fragrance with style and depth. A recent French visitor told me this is one of the most popular scents in Paris right now for young women. While French taste is, in some respects, overrated (exhibit A: Jean-Marie Le Pen) they definitely know perfume. A keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2002 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jenna861

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took some time for this to grow on me and when it finally did and I got some and wore it home...my boyfriend said it smelled like men's cologne!!!??? He could not stand it...I decided to give it a chance anyway...and even though I really liked it when I first put it on...it changed on me during the day and left an unusual almost smokey smell...so I returned it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 8:59:00 PM More reviews by madelin

This is such a pretty scent. Very feminine and sexy. I found one spritz to be sufficient and not too strong. One of my favorite perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 1:09:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the same feelings as Raveyn. Smells delightful at first but becomes a little too strong after awhile. It is a very elegant and classic scent but I swapped mine. From time to time I miss it but I know that if I buy it again, I'll soon tire of it, again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2002 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

At first, I totally love this perfume. After a few uses, it really started giving me a headache. It is really sweet and hefty, you could smell this a mile away. I ended up swapping my bottle for something else!