January 29, 2015 | 2033 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2002 8:23:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 22/03/06 Totally rewrote my review: This is my signature scent. I wore it through 2001-2003, then off and on in 2004, 2005. Now I've finally settled down with it permanently because I just can't stick with anything else. Other perfumes are okay for a few days or even a week, but then I get hankering for some Coco Mlle, and I just have to have it. Some days I don't even feel like myself if I'm not wearing it.
It's a citrusy burst that eventually turns into a deep patch-vetiver and vanilla scent. The EDT and EDP are two different scents, with the EDT heavy on the musk, but I like wearing them both. EDT for day and EDP for night.
I find it's gotten less popular in the last few years which is good, one of the reasons I tried to get away from this was the immense popularity, but I just couldn't let go.
Guys find this fragrance sexy as hell on me. That just added to my strong hold on it. I can't live without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2002 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Judith

Just a no!

Nothing special IMO. I can't remember the smell although I tried it several times because I wanted to love it....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2002 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dara09

When I smelled it on a fragrance strip (forced upon me by a fragrance SA), I thought I smelled freshly cut mangoes. That came as a surprise to me as well, as I expected milky, warm, spicy sweetness that I normally don't like. I have to say that I love the initial half an hour of Coco Mlle - gorgeous, delicious fruity floral! However, when I put a teeny dab on my wrist, I was knocked back a little by how heady it is. I still love the top notes, but just can't imagine spraying myself with it. The drydown is a little milky floral with a touch of spice (the patchouli isn't too overwhelming and I'm not a patchouli fan), with the fruity notes waving in and out. Not bad, esp. considering that I normally don't like Oriental perfumes. I just find it a little too strong and don't like it enough to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 4:58:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely delicious!!! I begged the lady for samples after I smelled it for the first time!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 7:58:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried to resist this one, but finally caved, and I love it, love it, love it. Chanel shows how to do a sweet, vanilla-tinged fragrance with style and depth. A recent French visitor told me this is one of the most popular scents in Paris right now for young women. While French taste is, in some respects, overrated (exhibit A: Jean-Marie Le Pen) they definitely know perfume. A keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2002 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jenna861

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took some time for this to grow on me and when it finally did and I got some and wore it home...my boyfriend said it smelled like men's cologne!!!??? He could not stand it...I decided to give it a chance anyway...and even though I really liked it when I first put it on...it changed on me during the day and left an unusual almost smokey smell...so I returned it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 8:59:00 PM More reviews by madelin

This is such a pretty scent. Very feminine and sexy. I found one spritz to be sufficient and not too strong. One of my favorite perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 1:09:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the same feelings as Raveyn. Smells delightful at first but becomes a little too strong after awhile. It is a very elegant and classic scent but I swapped mine. From time to time I miss it but I know that if I buy it again, I'll soon tire of it, again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2002 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

At first, I totally love this perfume. After a few uses, it really started giving me a headache. It is really sweet and hefty, you could smell this a mile away. I ended up swapping my bottle for something else!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2002 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Usually I am not a fan of anything sweet, spicy and heavy. I tried this one though and immidiately loved it! I only use it in the evenings though. Too heavy for daytime. Smells very feminine and sexy, got nice compliments for this one. Better suited for autumn and winter and early spring as I think it 'warms up' the cold seasons! That is unless you leave somewhere like LA!