November 26, 2014 | 917 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by KatelynRHeim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

god awful. the color sucks(bleeds) and it's not moisturizing at all. i find myself reapplying it constantly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought 2 tubes of this - one for my desk at work and one for my car. I typically love tinted lip balms! Here's my low-down on this balm:
PROS:
Smells fruity
Nice, soft texture at first
Not expensive
CONS:
Color bleeds all around the outside perimeter of lips. I end up looking like a clown shortly after I apply.
My lips feel extremely dry after the product wears off. More so than any other product besides an extremely matte lipstick or lip stain. It's strange; my lips feel moisturized while right after I apply the balm, but wow, when the balm wears off shortly thereafter my lips are peeling and extremely parched.
This product was a total waste of money and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Baby lips I love this balm.at first I was not crazy about it and I was thinking what a waste of money.for some reason, by the third time I used it.it was way better it was creamier which I love and it actually showed the red color better.i got chery me and I loves it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by beforres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After seeing the ads for the new Baby Lips lip balm, I decided to take a chance and try this product. Considering the fact that the only products that I wear on a regular basis are mascara, blush, and lip balm, I was hoping to find a product that I would fall in love with a declare my new obsession. Sadly, this product is nothing special. I bought two flavors: "Peppermint," which is non-tinted, and "Cherry Me," which is supposedly a light red color. First of all, both shades require constant re-application in order for my lips to feel soft and moisturized. And the "Cherry Me" tint? It's not terrible, but it's certainly more pink than the word "cherry" implies. The balm's only redeeming quality is that it doesn't taste bad, which is more than I can say for other lip balms that provide SPF protection.

If you're looking for soft lips, try Smith's Rose Salve (the absolute BEST!), Nivea A Kiss of Moisture, Carmex, or even Chapstick, as they are ALL superior products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

This is just too waxy for my taste. It just stays on top on my lips and get rub off by me because its waxy. I like the packaging and the scent though but that's not the purpose of a lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by leeannabanana16

Well, I got it cause I'd heard so much about it. I thought it might be good for sensitive lips. I tried it for a few days, and they itched at night, and it rubbed off way too easily. Like, WAY too easily. Then my twin little brothers came and destroyed it - perhaps a blessing. But maybe it works for the rest of y'all, try it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Weird review here...I marked this an overall 3 lippies even though there's something in this my lips LOVE. No kidding, after 24 hours of wear, I have moisturized lips with no peeling. That having been said, there are downsides. One is the packaging. Although the huge lettering and colored tubes smack of the 70s, not everyone is going to go for that. Secondly, it has SPF 20 and while that's a benefit to me (and I think should be for everyone), some people just don't like added SPF in lip products. Third, I can feel the tubes wiggle a bit in their cylinders which leads me to believe you better not roll this up too far or risk breakage. Last, as others have mentioned, this does tend to sit on your lips but on mine, something IS sinking in. Reapplication is frequently necessary. As another consideration, I purchased Grape and Peach Kiss. My preference is the peach color but only because I prefer sheer nude. I don't think this is going to show much on anybody. Grape is a cool....well, grape and while it looks ok on my complexion, it's not nearly as dark as it might appear in the tube. I paid $4.19 USD for one at CVS but got the second one free so value wise, it's alright. I personally would consider buying these again but I'm not sure everyone is going to love them at all. There is a fruity fragrance but little to no taste.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh.

I am addicted to lip balms, and 'balm-ish' lip tints,
especially during the colder months.

Since I adore Clinique's Black HOney lip gloss,
I hope that the Grape Vine tint of this product
might be a cheap alternative.

But.. meh. No color shows up at all.
The clear version is ok, but nothing to write home about.

So I went back to the Walgreen's and got 2 of the
Carmex lip treatments- BOGO...
cheaper and effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by watarimono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually don't review, but I had to weigh in here.. I bought Pink Punch after doing quite a bit of research online- reading customer reviews and looking at swatches and lip swatches. It appeared to be a balm with the slightest wash of bright, pale pink- exactly what I was looking for. So I went out and bought it. Tubes a little on the large size, but it was cheap enough at $2.97. Once home, I swiped some on bare lips. the result was SHOCKING! A Vivid bright pink thats nearly opaque on my lips. It looks like serious party lipstick- like something out of a nicki minaj video. Maybellines Fuschia Fever comes to mind. Not what I was looking for or expected. I will admit, I am very pale so maybe it was the contrast of the bright pink with my skin that was so shocking, so maybe this is best on medium to dark skin tones. I was just disappointed as I wanted a sheer wash of color- something natural and not over-the top noticeable as this turned out to be. Maybe I got some from a weird batch? When i wore it I looked like a young girl playing dress up- too much color. I don't know how little I would have to apply to get the light bare wash-- maybe just a finger-taps worth over another balm? Sounds like too much trouble! Needless to say, for me this is not a repurchase or even something for daytime wear.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Baby Lips for about a week and a half now. Although on the package they state it will improve your lips in 4 weeks I can usually tells after a few days if a lip balm is making my lips better or drying them out. So far what I notice is they make my lips feel nice while it's on, but after it wears off there isn't any lasting affect. My lips aren't in any better condition, but at least they aren't any worse like what happens with so many chapsticks I've tried.

I purchased Grape Vine and Quenched. Grape Vine is the darkest color of the collection, but it's barely noticible on me. I was hoping it would leave a nice berry tint on my lips. Maybe someone with really pale lips could see it on them. This has a very sweet candy grape scent which reminds me of grape cough syrup. Oddly enough it doesn't have much of a taste.

Quenched is clear, has a slightly fruity scent and also little taste. Both of them have a slick, moist texture. It doesn't feel waxy, which is great because it's one thing I hate about most chapsticks. The texture reminds me a lot of Lip Smackers. It leaves a moist sheen on your lips but is not as shiny as lip gloss.

While I like the way they feel on my lips and the cute packaging, I'm not wowed by them. They're not a substitute for chapstick but they're fun to wear instead of lipgloss. I feel they're a bit overpriced at over $4 at CVS. I'd probably like these better if I bought a color that was more pigmented. All in all I'd say these are just ok.