October 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Baby Lips for about a week and a half now. Although on the package they state it will improve your lips in 4 weeks I can usually tells after a few days if a lip balm is making my lips better or drying them out. So far what I notice is they make my lips feel nice while it's on, but after it wears off there isn't any lasting affect. My lips aren't in any better condition, but at least they aren't any worse like what happens with so many chapsticks I've tried.

I purchased Grape Vine and Quenched. Grape Vine is the darkest color of the collection, but it's barely noticible on me. I was hoping it would leave a nice berry tint on my lips. Maybe someone with really pale lips could see it on them. This has a very sweet candy grape scent which reminds me of grape cough syrup. Oddly enough it doesn't have much of a taste.

Quenched is clear, has a slightly fruity scent and also little taste. Both of them have a slick, moist texture. It doesn't feel waxy, which is great because it's one thing I hate about most chapsticks. The texture reminds me a lot of Lip Smackers. It leaves a moist sheen on your lips but is not as shiny as lip gloss.

While I like the way they feel on my lips and the cute packaging, I'm not wowed by them. They're not a substitute for chapstick but they're fun to wear instead of lipgloss. I feel they're a bit overpriced at over $4 at CVS. I'd probably like these better if I bought a color that was more pigmented. All in all I'd say these are just ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was first attracted to the packaging -- very loud and 80's/90's graffiti. Since the weather is getting cooler, I have quite chapped lips, so I was looking for a balm that didn't have too much color and that would smooth out my lips. I got the Peach shade, which shows up as a light beige-peach on my lips.

Aside from the color, I don't like much else about this balm. It feels like chapstick kn the lips, and sort of just "sits" on the lip without penetrating. Also, the SPF 20, while a nice feature, gives the balm a sunscreen smell/taste which is quite strong. It even overrides the faux-peach scent.

Overall, not happy with this and glad I only paid $3 or so for it.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MiFeng

Maybelline "Baby Lips" is a wonderful little new lip balm! I first saw these on eleventhgorgeous and ran out to buy them asap! I bought the colors Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. Pink Punch is a bright pink with blue undertones and peach kiss is a soft nude color. They retailed at CVS for $4.29 each but they were on a BOGO 50%Off and using $4.00 Extra Care points I the total for 2 of them was $2.90 so they aren't terribly pricey. (But compared to the generic ones they are on the pricey side)

They have a very nice but not over-the-top color payoff. In my book, that is perfect for school/work!

In my opinion I don't think they needed all of the claims of "Visibly less dry/less rough lips/ more supple/ better looking lips" They all seemed to being saying the same thing of "This is going to be the same as Chapstick but cuter!"

I wouldn't advice using at the horrific stages of chapped lips. I just use it for a day to day use it you want the fun color, SPF 20, and the cute eye-catching packaging in your makeup bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a really nice product when it first goes on and I love the color. I was so excited to try this and how my lips felt right after applying...my lips feel uber soft after application but after about 30 minutes, the lips start to feel dry/sticky. This is a sure sign that frequent use of this product would eventually dehydrate my lips, reminds me of the days I used to be addicted to the dreaded Chapstick and how my lips felt and how frequently I had to apply it. Surely don't want to revisit those days again!!! I also am not fond of the fat shape of the balm. Makes for difficult application near the corners.
So alas, I will say while I LOVE the color (I have cherry) and I love how it feels when it first goes on, I will not be repurchasing. Bummer...I really wanted it to work:( I wish I could find a tinted balm that doesn't turn lips dry and sticky after 20-30 minutes...if anyone has a recommendation, shoot me a message!! I'd love to hear about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by brittany9896

It's moisturizing, and the scent is very mild and pleasant,
My favourite lip balm:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I had read raves about this lip balm so I definitely wanted to try it. I searched and finally found it at a Walgreens. I love the cute colorful packaging and variety of formulas & colors. Each balm has SPF20, is clinical strength, and is supposed to deliver 8 hour moisture & renewal. I purchased Peach Kiss and Peppermint. Peach Kiss is tinted with a pretty peach color which has sheen to it and Peppermint is just like a regular balm; no color. Both smell good, feel moisturizing, long lasting, and affordable. I recommend these balms for Fall and Winter. I think these were released just in time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by prettybiqface

- When i first heard about ''Baby Lips" and saw the ad , i had to have it ! i am a big fan of maybelline products ! Recently i purchased Maybelline Baby Lips PINK PUNCH . i love it . i always wanted to find that rich pink color , but i am not a fan of lipstick . this lip balm does just that . its great especially if you love color and its so smooth and did i mention AFFORDABLE , my lips now are very moisturized i love it and i will be purchasing all the other kinds very soon !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dr Pepper LipSmacker is my favorite go-to balm but I like to try new items, especially when they claim to pamper lips like never before, & it's the standard by which I compare everything else b/c no other balm so far has moisturized my lips so comfortably as Dr Pepper LipSmacker - none! Most have dried me out (esp SPF), some are too waxy, others too oily/thin, others taste or smell bad, & some are just TOO friggin' minty!

This balm is a new fave behind LipSmacker. Everything I like:
Dewy & very moisturizing!
Great as a nighttime lip conditioner too.
Slight moist sheen.
Very sheer slight tint (I bought Grape Vine - purple but comes out faintest fresh baby pink on my very pale lips).
Nice fruity scent, not overpowering.
Neutral taste/flavor.
Decent price ($3.79).
TONS of product for your money!
STURDY packaging (I got the lipstick tube).
Cute fun packaging.
Excellent quality.
Longwearing for a balm (3+ hrs on me through work/coffee).
SPF 20 AND non-drying (SPF generally dries/peels my lips).
Very portable in both lipstick or lipbalm packaging - not bulky.

There's really nothing about this product that I don't like. I'm only disappointed in myself that I didn't try it sooner b/c I thought it was another gimmick. But Maybelline made a winner. New HG lip product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lmsutton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A revolutionary product! I got it in Grape Vine. First lip balm I've ever used to last FOREVER, with ZERO stickiness and that provides just the right amount of color and sheen (it's not shiny, which I like). Oh and did I mention the great scent?! It also has SPF 20! What more could you ask for?! The ONLY thing that would make this better is the packaging - wish it hugged the lips like a lipstick does.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, the name "Baby Lips" is what drew me to this product (how cute right?) But anyways, i love this balm! I have always been a lip balm girl. No glosses, no lipstick, no color. I got this in the "pink punch" thinking it would be sheer. But to my surprise it is really pretty bright pink. For me to go from never wearing lip color to this bright pink is a leap, so me raving about this color says alot. Other than the color the balm itself is great. VERY soft and smooth and feels great on the lips. My only con with this is the shape of the balm. It's rounded so it makes applying to the inner corners (for the Baby Lips that have color) difficult, it gets on the skin around the mouth easy. If it had a pointed tip i would enjoy that more.But for all the positives i can overlook that. If you are a girl who has never tried color before and sticks to lip balm this is a great way to venture in the world of lip color, it really is the best of both worlds. I love these and plan on buying more!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No