Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 12/18/2011 4:59:00 AM

I have Pink Punch and Peppermint. My favorite is Pink Punch b/c it smells good, provides a soft wash of color and lasts a long time. The Peppermint version is colorless and has a subtle, yummy scent. Both balms do make my lips feel super smoothe, although the Peppermint doesn't seem to last as long. These aren't the best balms or the worst balms in the world, however if it came down to using these or Blistex, good old Blistex would win by a landslide.

on 12/17/2011 11:25:00 PM

I use this in 05Quenched, 30 Peach Kiss and 24 Pink Punch.
Baby lips is NOT too creamy that it takes a long time to sink in, has a sweet scent that isn't too strong, and leaves my lips softer for a longer period of time compared to other lip balms I have used. Though the hydration doesn't last for 8 hours, it lasts at-least a few for me,so I don't need to reapply too much. In 7-8 hours I would apply the lipbalm 2-3 times.

The Quenched made my lips so smooth. I find that the tinted ones aren't as moisturizing, but are great for some color that isn't drying. However, I find the Peach Kiss is too sheer for the color to show up on my quite pigmented lips. I still like it for the small amount of shimmer.
The price of baby lips is also great. A favorite for COLOR pay off & smoothness, but nothing special for hydration. Will repurchase tinted ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have 5 of these Quenched (clear), Peppermint (clear), Cherry Me (sheer red), Grape Vine (very sheer purple), and Pink Punch (beautiful light pink). These were around $3 and I did not expect much out of them except light hydration and sheer color payoff. Boy was I wrong, they are sheer in the color department but they are super moisturizing! Pink Punch is my favorite out of the ones I own because I think the color is flattering on my NW20 skin and the scent is AMAZING! These are great for everyday because they just glide on your lips and sink into them fast. I reapply these every 3-4 hours because they are not super long wearing, but most lip balms are not! These left my lips super soft and the colored ones did not sink into the cracks of my lips like some tinted lip balms do. I also really love the packaging because it is so cute! Overall I really like these lip balms and I would love to try out the other colors! I will be repurchasing and I do recommend them! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

on 12/17/2011 10:06:00 PM

Great matte color (pink punch, and I shiny hate colored glosses and lip sticks), but useless as far as moisturizing goes. They say 8 hours, that's a lie. 1 hour if you're lucky really. It makes my lips peel really bad (worse than they already do, which is really bad to start with), which also makes the color sketchy...wouldn't buy again UNLESS I managed to cure my chapped/peeling lips and used it strictly as a smooth colored top coat.

on 12/17/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This lip balm is good for "moisturizing" but not getting rid of chapped lips. It's good to use when you just want something on your lips, but it doesn't last long. The price was pretty steep for lip balm and since lip balm gets lost so easily I usually don't spend that much on it but this time I made an exception. It was worth it and I love using it. The packing is absolutely adorable, and was ultimately what drew me to it in the first place.

I would recommend getting this for someone who just wants something to put on their lips, not to heal lips. It wasn't made to heal.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Affordable. This was a little over $3 at Rite Aid & I got 20% using my Wellness Card. (I saw this for under $3 at Walmart). The peach had been sold out at Walmart, but I got my hands on it last night at RiteAid. It's so moisturizing and feels glossy but not sticky. My lips feel baby soft. I'm impressed. The peach kiss isn't very pigmented. I'm not sure about the other colors.

on 12/16/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is for the Cherry Me. Just bought & tried it today. Really liked the moisturizing properties. The color is remarkably like Kiss of Nivea in Cherry. Also leaves a light stain like the Nivea. Smells divine by the way. Will repurchase this one & try the others as well. The packaging is fine to me - this is Maybelline not Gucci folks!

on 12/16/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

color is nice (cherry) but the product is not so good though. it doesn't moisturize....it's greasy and oily and just sits on your lips (reminds me of Fresh's balm). two thumbs down
from me :(

2/25/12 edited to add I bought pink punch and the formula is completely different than the cherry. While the cherry is greasy and useless, the pink is moisturizing and nice. Livr the color too!

on 12/16/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have peach kiss, pink punch, and then a clear one (i think its peppermint?) These are a little drying, but the colors are GORGEOUS! Especially pink punch. More forgiving than lipstick and in adorable packaging. Also, really cheap. LOVE!

on 12/15/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite products. I bought it in peach kiss its a pretty nude color has a little bit of shimmer but nothing too crazy. I love how soft and shiny it makes my lips looks. I've stopped using chapstick and use this as my daily lip moisturizer.

Popular Lip Treatments