September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this foundation. It's too slick and even after it sets it's kind of tacky. It definitely gets more greasy over time, and I don't even have oily skin. My skin is normal and occasionally gets a little dry. There's not much coverage. And I hate the number system. 110 is more yellow and seems darker than 115 which is odd in my opinion. They definitely need to explain how you're supposed to find your color better. I think the colors run a tad dark. Even the 115 doesn't fit me perfectly color wise. Overall I'd say it's below average for a drugstore foundation and I would advise anyone with oily skin to avoid it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find the coverage is really light. The shade that best matched me was 130 but it was a tad too pink. It also feels somewhat oily on my skin but hasn't broken me out. The main reason why I would not buy this again is that the fragrance of this foundation is somewhat strong and smells artificial.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by katttlovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have yet to find or use a nice drugstore foundation. Fit me foundation didnt fit me too well. Lol. I am a NC25 in Studio Fix and I chose 210. It was tad light but when I sampled 220 it was dark. My face felt really oily and the foundation smeared/rubbed onto my shirt. The only reason I bought it was because it was on sale for like $6! I wish I could say it was a fab steal.. But its not. Oh well :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup97

If you have fair skin, this review is mostly for you. I would for sure recommend this product for people who like to look orange, oily and unnatural. This is just my expericence with the product by the way. If you like this product, thats great... my personal experience wasn't very good though. It also made me break out :(. So, in search of a good foundation, I went to Clinique and the SA told me that its very important to spend your money on a good foundation. I followed her advice and purchased the Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Breeze. I can see the difference spending about $15 more can make. I would recommend just going out and spending your money on a good foundation right from the start.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is a good foundation for everyday use. The lightest shades in both the Light and Medium blended into my neutral/slightly warm skintone pretty well. My shade in Light is 115 and 210 in Medium. It does look pretty natural; it's a semi-matte foundation. I liked how it doesn't settle into any lines when I blended a tiny amount in my hands. It doesn't last very long, however. Overall, I wouldn't mind purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this product. Usually foundations end up oxidizing on me, rubbing off easily, or the foundation disappears from my oily area's extremely fast. I havent had this problem with this foundation. Yes it can wipe off easily if you rub it clearly for the reason no where does it say long lasting. I've walked 3 miles in it being slightly sweaty and it still looked good. Usually my face would turn red from walkin around for an hour in the sun.. This protected my skin i was still my normally pastey white haha i like it it is a light to medium coverage. I love how it applies.
JUST because i like it and it works for me DOESN'T mean it will work for you. Yes reading reviews is helpful but not ones skin is the same. So if you purchase it and dont like it dont blame it on reviews on MUA. AND DONT run from it because it has bad reviews! It very well might WORK for YOU!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Jennyy143

i really didnt like it because the shade i bought, 225, is way too yellow and it is greasy, even though my skin is dry. it also made me break out afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another example of close, but no cigar. I was really hoping this foundation could serve as an option besides (the much spendier) Bobbi Brown Skin. After reading earlier reviews that had claimed (or complained) that this product had sheer to medium coverage, and a dewey finish, I was intrigued. Skin has (on me) a semi-luminous finish; not as dewey as TM, and light-medium coverage. At $7.99CDN at Wal Mart, this potential dupe had me curious.

This definately isn't a dupe for Skin, but that's not the cause of my disappointment. The finish is much more - on me, and my dry, sensitive skin - of a semi-matte finish. Much closer to the finish of the discontinued Chanel Teint Innocence Fluide foundation; more matte than TMs, but definately not the powdery matte look of something like Studio Fix. But still, less dewey than MUFEF&B or BB Skin on me.

I was thrilled to find a colour-match in this, for my neutral-cool, NW10 skin. 110 - though it swatches yellow - has enough, give for lack of a better term, to match my very fair skin, with some mild surface redness. Coverage wise, it's definately less than Pro Lumiere, more than my Bobbi Brown Regular TM, but a similar amount to the aforementioned Skin, or TI. It's a good option for those looking for a yellower base to counterract redness; it's definately not as yellow as NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia. Unlike the SG, I can wear this without looking jaundiced. It offers enough coverage to cover up the residual redness around my nose, but if you have a particularly nasty blemish, you will need concealer.

It's a rather runny foundation, but it blends beautifully - I find it best with my Smashbox #13 Foundation Brush, or (rather surprisingly, given my 'Meh' review for it) the EcoTools Foundation Brush. It also works nicely with the MAC#187. I have normal-leaning-dry, sensitive, clog-prone skin. I'm generally not very acne-prone, but this caused my skin no grief of any sort.

Unfortunately, the catch with this foundation is it's lack of lasting power. I very rarely have problems with things lasting, but this barely lasts 3-4 hours before it's completely faded from my face. Skip this for big events, but I guess if you're going on a short coffee date, this might be an option. Layered under MUFEHD Loose Translucent or MSFN, it fails to last much past dinner. Different primers (MUFEHD #5, Smashbox PFL, HC Sheer Envy) do not seem to help. Maybelline really could hit this one out of the park, but alas, the lacking lasting power when powdered, set, or layered over primer is a grave disappointment.

My other foundation matches include BB Skin & TM in Alabaster, Chanel Pro Lumiere 0.5 Limpide/Nude (Euro), MAC Studio Fix PPF in N3, Studio Sculpt in NW15. MUFEHD #110, F&B #36 & #38 are all too pink, CoverFX NaturalFX in E0 is orange, and SG in Siberia is way too yellow. I describe my skin as an NW10 in MAC terms. I wear 110 in the Maybelline Fit Me, and despite the warmer base, it seems to match well.

Concealer matches include CoverFX ConcealFX in X-Light, LM Secret Camouflage SC-1, Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in 0-1, YSL Touche Eclat #1, Revlon Age Defying Concealer Cream in Light/Pale, and MAC Sculpt concealer in NW15.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it gives medium non cakey coverage on my combo skin. It feels really nice on too, very light weight and smooth. Like others have said, its pretty dewy and if you dont set it with a good powder I can see that you could get pretty oily with this foundation (even though it is oil free), but my mac blot powder takes care of both of these problems and I'm left with pretty good, long lasting, glowy coverage that hasn't broken me out! (Would have given it a five if it had come with a pump!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Sarah8581

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and I heard this product was great for dry skin and that it is supposed to let your skin breathe. The coverage is okay but it broke my face out and I started to get acne after 2 times of using the producy and it still brought out my dry patches. I have tried applying with a brush and a sponge. I get better results when using a sponge. I may use this product from time to time.