January 30, 2015 | 923 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by tillydog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this per reviews and.....I love it, brush is perfect the packaging is perfect and it stays on! and you cant beat the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I was quite disappointed with this. The color payoff wasn't as rich as I was expecting and if I tried to go over the line again the liner just seemed to smudge around a little. The texture was a bit dry and hard, and, as others have said, is a little like a pencil melted into a pot. Lasting power on the waterline was upsetting as it was gone after a couple hours :(

Buttttttt I do like the brush a lot! It's super soft and tiny, allowing you to draw as thick or thin of a line you want. Personally I think it is worth purchasing for just the brush since I can use it with better gel liners.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by IzzyGon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was pretty thrilled when I saw Maybelline had come out with a gel liner. I love their mascara so i figured any eye product MUST be great.

I bought the brown color since I would wear it during the day and black eyeliner give me a street walker look. Well, upon opening the small container I was expecting the "gelly" look they advertise on EVERY single picture. Sad to say it was far from what i expected. The actual texture of the item could be described as a pencil melted into a tin. It was not gel like at all. It was smooth to take out with the brush. When i applied it, it wasnt as rich of a color. the color appeared faded adn not as rich as my pencil. I use their UNSTOPPABLE eyeliner in espresso, which works pretty decent. The brush was ok. It does give a thin line but i felt i had to dip it twice in the product to finish my line because of the fact that the color was not as rich.

I guess i will be sticking to my pencil for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I'm sad about this product. I have it in eggplant. When I first purchased it I loved it. It was an awesome colour purple for my blue eyes and went on perfectly...comparable to a fluidline! But I tried it a few times after and I find if I go over the line again once its drawn it sort of rubs off and I had a hard time trying to put the product back on where it smudged off. Its like you only have one try to get this stuff on your eye or its no sense is wasting time trying to fix it.

I did find it lasted all day long, and I absolutely LOVE the brush that comes with it. Its perfect for gel liner and I often use it with my fluidline (the smudging off thing doesn't happen with my fluidline and this brush in case anyone is wondering). I really do love the colour and I will wear it until the pot id gone, but I can't see myself repurchasing. If I get another purple gel liner it will probably be from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by emgurl

Here is a tip when using this product, you need to wet the tip just a little and that will able you to get the gel on and it will be a smooth glid on. I got the charcol and think it does much better than some of the other gel liners I have had in the past. it is not perfect, but if you know of a liner that is, please let me know, lol

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Too good to be true.
I have been using this for the last 5 days. I'm not impressed. Ususally I layer my eyeliner, pencil and then liquid. I wear my eyeliner on top and in the bottom waterline. This is easier to get in the waterline than a dry pencil (I melt my pencil a little) but it doesn't last any longer than my normal routine and it says it's supposed to last 24 hrs and be smudgeproof.

It smudges and it doesn't last more than 4 hrs in my waterline, maybe less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This gel eyeliner is not as good as my Bobbi Brown. The product is dry compared to BB and the color payoff is not enough for me. I love the price and I bought it in eggplant so I think it was good to not spend alot on a color I won't wear as much as black.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently ran out of my MAC fluidline, so i decided I would try this gel liner as a cheaper alternative. Upon application, it did well. It glided on, and was nicely pigmented. Although I found that i had to build the color by going over the same line twice, but that may be because i purchased the color "charcoal'... more of a grey/black. The brush that came with the liner was impressive, as it gave me a smooth line and was able to create a sharp wing easily. Overall, this product makes a good dupe for MAC's fluidline. Much cheaper, and almost the same quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by amybiotech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's pencil eyeliner.
This "gel" eyeliner is not a gel at all, it's like a pot of pencil eyeliner that you're applying with a brush. It's like a weird wax. I'm soooo disappointed.

(The reason I bought this is because liquids dry out on me, so I figured this would last longer but doesn't work for me).

I do see a lot of good reviews on it, so obviously it's not a bad product - i just feel it's very misleading as there is nothing gel-like about it. Hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

bobbi brown's gel eyeliner is my everyday liner and i've got mac's fluidline for backup. i haven't found too many drugstore products that i thought were exceptional, so i was skeptical about this product. i have oily skin and even oilier lids. i'm asian so my eyelids fold under so almost everything creases or i end up with raccoon eyes. so my expectations were low.

the first time i tried this liner, i was annoyed bc i was having a hard time getting the product on my brush. then when i applied it, it was a lot less pigmented than i was expecting. had to go over it a few times, was annoyed with how sheer it was, but i left it on to see if it would at least last...and surprisingly it did. so i kept wearing it and realized that you have to get through the top layer. once past it, the product is much easier to pick up on the brush. the color payoff still isn't like bb or mac, but better than my first time around. i use it with udpp and the liner lasted me a good 12 hours with no fading/creasing. i don't use the brush it came with so i can't speak about that. and you should also keep in mind if you're wanting to compare this with l'oreal's hip cream liner...gel and cream liners are different formulas meant for different types of skin...if you have oily skin, cream formulas are probably not the best way to go.

for a drugstore brand, it is still a bit pricey...even if you get it on bogo, it's not a good idea to have a lot of gel eyeliners around cuz they do dry out and you'll end up wasting a lot. it did impress me more than i was expecting...i have this in the eggplant (odd...bc maybelline's website calls it plum) and the brown. the purple is pretty muted and not as bold as i thought it would be, which is fine, bc it is totally wearable everyday. maybelline is a good backup to have. if the black is as black as bb or mac, i may fully convert, but i won't be trying that out until i'm out of my original stock.