Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 5/17/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i absolutely love this eyeliner! i've always had the problem of other liners, pencil or liquid, transfering into my crease during the day because my eyelids virtually disappear when my eyes are opened. but this liner does not! it stays on all day at work, and i work at a restaurant and get all hot and gross throughout the day. it's super pigmented and the black is super dark, the way it should be. even the brush it comes with is pretty nice.

on 5/16/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not as pigmented or long lasting as BB gel eyeliners or MACs. I would spend the extra money on those instead of this. it just isnt as intense and it doesnt dry as matte as i want. easily rubs off

on 5/16/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first gel/cream eyeliner that ive ever tried. I used the pencil ones but it smudges throughout the day. Im not a big fan of liquid liner cause i have a really shaky hand. First of all, i really really like this product! I bought the black one. Too bad, the other colors like charcoal and eggplant isnt available here in asia.

on 5/15/2010 7:22:00 PM

I really like this product. The brush is amazing and it is sooo easy and accurate to apply. I don't put it on the bottom of my eye, but it does smudge a bit to the bottom over several hours and wears off just a little bit. I still love it, though. Definitely worth buying (for me, since it's better than what I've ever used or tried).

on 5/15/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was my first go at using a gel eyeliner and I really do like it. I don't have a very steady hand when it comes to applying eye makeup so while I have always admired some of the great looks that can be achieved with a liquid liner, whenever I tried I just made a mess. So I gave up and stuck with pencils. Never really happy with the results of the pencil but at least I didn't look like a kid playing with makeup. This gel iner is like having the best of both worlds. Like a pencil it's so easy to apply, it's idiot proof actually but the finished look is the same as a liquid. Unlike a pencil that smudges and wears off through the day, it stays put and I don't have to reapply it or fix it. The brush it came with is okay I guess, but it was a bit stiff and thick. I've been using one of my own liner brushes instead and I find it works much better. I bought this liner in charcoal and as a color it works very well for me. I have dark eyes and dark hair but I still find pure black just a little on the harsh side so the charcoal is kind of a soft grey black which is a very flattering alternative to a deep black. Since this is the first gel liner I have ever owned I have nothing to compare it too, however I am very pleased and probably would repurchase

on 5/14/2010 5:19:00 PM

There are a pretty good selection of colors considering it's a drugstore brand. I'm interested in trying the purple color. I bought the black one and didn't realize it was more metallic than the packaging let on.

Pros:
-great texture
-cool colors
-the brush it comes with isn't bad
-price! it has lasted me quite a while. I'm getting my money's worth

Cons:
-it is SUPER hard to get off! Even with make up remover, it leaves black streak marks behind.

on 5/13/2010 7:49:00 PM

To start, there is not a day I go by without having eyeliner on. Even when I wear little makeup there will always be eyeliner, that is just the way it is. When it comes to eyeliners though I'm pretty picky. Pencils make me mad because no matter what brand by the end of the day I end up with a lovely smudged, smeared raccoon sort of look. I've tried liquid, but to be perfectly honest, I am inept at applying it and end up with a squiggly, I put this on on the car ride over eye makeup. So without any real prior experience with it I just decided to try gel liner one day and, omg, I'm in love with it.

Now I'm sure this is not the best gel liner out there, but for my first try with such a product it gets the job done. I can put it on in the morning while getting ready for work (including the water line if I feel like it)and the eye liner will still be there, smudge free, when I get home. There are a couple downsides to this liner though. One, it dries out super quick. After awhile it just becomes difficult to apply and you end up needing more and more to get the job done. Also, the brush is pretty awful. I can't really complain though, I mean for how much I paid it isn't too bad. I think I'll try out the wet n wild liner next until I can get my hands on some MAC fluidline to try out.

on 5/13/2010 2:05:00 PM

I put this eyeliner on at 7 o'clock last night before I went bar hopping. It's 1 o'clock pm now and I was out all night, got caught in torrential rain, and slept and I still have eyeliner on!
PROS: This stuff stays put. I like the packaging and the colors are great. I have blackest black and brown. The brown is great for a day look when you just want a little definition and the black is perfect for nighttime cat eyes.
CONS: My only beef is with the brush. I don't like it at all and I use a different angle brush to apply.
OVERALL: This product is really comparable to Bobbi Brown gel liner and it's a great price. I highly recommend it.

on 5/13/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've always been a fan of liquid eyeliner and i decided to give gel a try. I got this in black and i like the color payoff, i do 2 layers. The glass container is good and the brush is pretty usable too. I use a different brush though! Its creamy and fool proof. It doesnt smudge on me and lasts the whole day, even on the waterline!

on 5/13/2010 7:41:00 AM

This is the first time I've tried a gel eyeliner. I like it so far... it's easy to apply, long-lasting (don't know about 24 hours, but at least half that), and it doesn't smudge unless I'm aggressively rubbing my eyes. For a drugstore product, it's a great value and does the job! I bought this in charcoal... but next time, I will try blackest black. The brush that comes with it isn't too bad, but I think it's still a good idea to invest in a good quality eyeliner brush for precise application.

Edit: I took off one lippie because this gel liner has been drying out. I still have charcoal, but when I bought this in blackest black, I started using that color every day. I try and make sure to twist the cap tightly to close after each use. It is not as creamy and harder to apply now. I still have quite a lot left, but I might end up tossing this soon and buy MAC's fluidline instead.

Video Reviews & Tutorials