October 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

I don't do reviews often because I'm really picky with my makeup and have yet to finish a bottle of foundation. That said, this foundation is what I have been looking for. It:

a)Doesn't make me look or feel like I'm wearing makeup

b)Lasts all day without smearing

c)Doesn't highlight my dry spots or break me out (I have dry/combo skin)

d)Provides medium coverage (I am always in pursuit of perfection - hence never having finished a bottle) and so far, this foundation does it so very well!

I rarely rave about products but honestly, wearing this foundation is like walking around with my own personal lighting crew. Definitely worth the investment.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation because it provides me with just enough coverage and feels good and not too heavy on my skin. Also, I found a great color match in Punjab for my NC30-35 complexion. I tried this formula in the Stromboli color which looked way too yellow on me (but for some reason, the Matte version was fine in Stromboli on me). I love how natural it looks and feels. I also purchased this in the Sheer Matte version which isn't matte enough for my taste, but is still a good foundation in my opinion. The only thing that bothers me is how runny this foundation is and how messy it can be. It really needs a pump. I found that it does take me some work to blend this foundation in with my MAC foundation brush and its hard for me to get it to not look streaky. Unlike the Matte Glow, it's harder to use fingers with this. I may try a sponge next.

Other than that, I have no complaints. Lasts all day with a little MAC blot touch up on the T-zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I am really loving this foundation. It is great for everyday. It evens out my skintone, covers my redness and is just really easy to blend. the only two complaints i have is that, Nars needs to put a pump on this. It's a bit of a hassle without one.
And this foundation is really expensive. More expensive than MUFE HD foundation.
Bought this at Sephora in Canada and it was $55 before tax. Whereas the MUFE HD was $46.

EDIT: This is honestly like my HG foundation. This will always be a staple in my foundation collection. I just really really wish they would change the packaging. but it's worth it. because this is lightweight, and very pigmented. Gives my face a natural finish. lovvve this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Better than the Sheer Matte as I would say (and I'm super oily!). I found most of the matte or long wear foundations very heavy and hard to speard out, and they tend to make your face tired through out the day, and Sheer Matte is no different.

On the other hand, Sheer Glow is just like GA LSF but with a better coverage. One thing to take note is that the shades are different between SG and SM, so if you're Fiji in SG, you might not be in SM. The consistency is great, the staying power is acceptable as well.

Overall its a ok deparment store foundation, nothing special about it. Its better than the older foundations from NARS (but those are worse than D/S), but still nothing too impressive. I'll still stick with GA LSF and LLSF (long lasting silk foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by carmss

I've never bothered to review anything before because I'm super lazy, but after using nars sheer glow I just had to share!!

I was matched with the Fiji shade which is considered to be light 5 w/ yellow undertones. The SA at nordstrom put this on me and told me to apply it with my fingers. She used VERY little, contoured with irresistiblement bronzer, highlighted with albatross and added madly blush. My skin was luminous, glowing, and looked SO NATURALLY HEALTHY! The combination of all those nars products made me looked perfectly sunkissed and ethereal. Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, I swear!

At first I only bought the foundation cause I didn't want to spend too much money on the bronzer/highlight/blush as well, but I've already caved after a few days of thinking about the highlighter and blush and ended up ordering the duo on nars website ($37 for albatross and orgasm in a compact, free shipping!). I'm probably gonna get the bronzer next month as well.

Apparently this foundation is supposed to improve skin over time, but I've been only using it for a couple days so I can't vouch for that quite yet. What I can say: I'm not a morning person AT ALL but I am actually excited to wake up for my 9 AM class just so I can put on my nars makeup! I love what I see in the mirror.

The only thing I've noticed about the foundation is that I'll get a little oily/shiny from it but I'm not sure if this is the 'dewy' effect it's supposed to have. Generally I like more of a matte finish so I just blot the shininess away and I'm good to go.

I have to admit that application of the foundation is a little weird to get used to. I'm used to using a brush or sponge so I haven't mastered using my fingers yet and the consistency of the foundation is one that I'm not used to using. When you first apply it to your face, it seems harder to blend than other foundations but if you keep blending, you'll get an even finish. For me I don't mind this just because I love the end result of healthy, naturally luminous looking skin. Definitely HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I'm really impressed with this new foundation from Nars. I have become a bit of a foundation junkie, and can't resist trying out different brands. I believe I have tried most of them. Why I love Nars Sheer Glow is it's ability to look glowy without appearing too dewy or luminous on my skin. I love the subtle glow and light to medium coverage. Coverage is buildable, plus this foundation is easy to apply and blend. Sheer Glow reminds me of GA LSF but it's not as dewy as LSF and blends much more easily. I have finished using up my Sheer Glow sample that I got from Sephora and will definitely buy this foundation in the future. At present I'm using EL's Double Wear Light in 4.0 Intensity, and this has been a great foundation to use in the summer and more humid climate. At present, Nars Sheer Glow in Cadiz is a fantastic match for my NC44, GA LSF #8 skintone in the summertime and the lighter shade Tahoe will match my skin better in the winter. Ladies give this foundation a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

I have combination skin that needs some coverage. I don't have any real skin issues, I just want something to even my coloring and cover redness. This goes on light and smooth and feels like nothing. I set it with the Loose Powder and it lasts all day! It doesn't look like a mask, just like my skin is perfect. I would say it is more of a matte finish and definitely not sheer. Medium coverage. I love it! NC20 and Mont Blanc was perfect. *UPDATE* I am still loving this even in the winter, though I have started using a damp sponge to apply. Flawless!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by bwola002

My NARS friend called me to let me know they got these new foundations in so of course i had to go over and try them! i got a sample of both but the sheer glow totally surpassed the sheer matte! ive been wearing it for two days now and its gorgeousss! i have combination skin sometimes oily but flakey. usually i shy away from anything that says 'glow' but my NARS lady promised this would help my dry spots without making me oily so i gave it a go! i wore it for a good 6-7 hours (even to the gym) and it still looked awesome! my face looked like a doll. it was glowy and fresh! this morning i tried the matte but it was too dry so i went and purchased my sheer glow this afternoon ! not happy with the price but for a good foundation $42 is worth it! no breakouts so far but ill update if anything. the colors are a little orange/yellow so you might want to get a shade lighter if u get this one. Nars lady explained it was because of the turmeric in it thats supposed to improve skin clarity! if its too dark mix it with some moisturizer or sunscreen and that might help! so far, loving this!
I put 4 lippies bc of the weird colors and the no pump bottle! come on NARS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by v1vL33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month now and I love it!
I wear Ceylan (light 6) but also can wear Punjab when I'm tan. The coverage with this is great; it's pigmented without being heavy and the finish is so natural and smooth. It's sheer coverage so I don't expect it to cover the occasional pimple...that's what concealer is for., I haven't had any problems with it wearing off or sinking into pores when I wear this over my sunscreen or mixed in and then top off with powder. If I put this on my bare skin (no prep), then over time it doesn't look so good (oh well, this isn't really advertised for oily skin like mine). The best part is that my sensitive skin isn't irritated and hasn't broken out from using this.

Not crazy about the packaging and also wish it had a pump top. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with this product. If you want lightweight/coverage foundation, then try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Shade: Stromboli (medium yellow beige - no pink)

I love the finish of this foundation. It gives just the right amount of coverage for a more natural look and texture. Even on my combination skin, it did not feel greasy or get cakey during the day. In fact, my skin felt very comfortable for the duration of the day (in humid weather). If you have very oily skin, this may not be the right texture for you (there is a sheer matte version). Just be sure to let this settle on your skin before applying powder (if you must) to prevent the powder from absorbing all the moisture from this formula.

The shades are very neutral and skintone correct. This particular shade was a little TOO yellow and made me look sallow. I'm going to exchange it for Punjab and see if that helps.

EDIT: Still like this foundation, although the salesperson gave me Punjab in the Matte formula which is also nice. I wouldn't say this is my HG foundation - I think EL Double Wear is better. But overall this is a nice foundation although a little pricey and could use a pump.