Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/5/2009 2:09:00 PM

This is no better and no worse than all the other eyeshadow primers I have tried. None of them really do what they purport to do - i.e. prevent eyeshadow from creasing. This one works for a while but lets you donw at the end of the day. And I have so far only been using it in the winter. I doubt that it will be able to stand up to hot weather, but we shall see. My main complaint is that it is supposed to be a smooth base for eyesahdow yet at the end of the day it seems to react with the shadow and causes a mottling effect.

on 4/5/2009 1:59:00 PM

love this stuff.. much better than UDPP IMO.

on 4/5/2009 3:05:00 AM

It does what it's supposed to quite well.

on 4/4/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS MY HG PRODUCT OF ALL TIME!
I dont know how I lived 20years without this shadow primer!!
It is a bit pricey if you think about it because the tube is so small, BUT... I just know this thing will last me forever!! I just know make up lovers can afford to spend $20 every year or two for a product that can almost save lives!! I only use a very little bit and 1layer of it is just fine to hold up the shadow for a whole entire day without smudging or creasing.
I have really oily lids and my lids used to crease within 2hrs of my make up application, but since I started using this product, it NEVER creases, even after like morning till night time! (idk exactly how long, but if it last +6hrs, it's long to me!)
Seriously.. this is a product worth trying! I dont know how well UDPP works, b/c I've never tried it, but I'm sure that is just as good as this since it has very good reviews of it. I think this product is an essential staple it every make up lover's collection!!

:::edit:::
It's been a year since I've used this product, and I still have plenty left in it!! I even bought a backup 4months ago, but I havent opened it yet! It's not even like I use a little amount, I actually use like pea sized amount on each eye!

on 4/3/2009 10:06:00 PM

I got this in a package with the eye shadow palette. Good deal. At the same time, I got a small Urban decay primer potion sample size to try. I have to say, after using for several weeks I am loving this blue tube! For one, compared to "tube" form like Ud and Lo'real de'crease (which I de-tubed and never used thereafter), the tube form is just so much more convenient when I'm in a rush in the morning getting ready instead of struggling with the lid of a pot or something like that. The consistency is more like a thin cream, soft and easy to spread out. It is nude color, but it applies virtually clear in my opinion. Shadow seems to stay on all day. The tube seems to contain quite alot of product, so I would say the price is okay. And yes I will be buying this again.

on 4/2/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Words cannot describe how much I love this product. I have VERY oily lids and have struggled for years to find a base that will last all day. This is it! It will make my shadow last until I take it off, no joke. It has truly changed the way I approach doing my eyes and has made the process so much more enjoyable knowing that no matter what colors or brands of shadow I use it will absolutely stay put. My holy grail product without a doubt.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I first tried this as a Sephora beauty insider sample. I never used a primer before and wow, what a difference in shadow staying power, colour vibrancy, smooth application, etc. When I finished the sample I didn't hesitate to buy the full size tube at approx. $24 CAD. I use a tiny 2-3 mm squirt for each lid, so I think the tube will last a very long time.

on 4/1/2009 9:27:00 AM

I love this stuff, definatly a lot more product for the price compared to all of the crap you have to do (like cut it open) with UDPP. Works great and they have it in some great base colors.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

A little goes a long way; one tube will last you months and months. It keeps your eyeshadows and liners in place, and makes colors more vibrant and easier to blend. Doesn't dry out your lids like UDPP and works better than MAC Paintpots and shadesticks.

on 3/31/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

While i didn't hate this product, i didn't love it either. I like the package better than UDPP but i love UDPP product more. I used TF on one eye and UDPP in the other and UDPP totally won. By the end of the day my shadow still looked as it did in the morning. My other eye, (the one with TF Insurance) the shadow had slightly faded. It wasn't a huge difference but I rather buy UDPP over this.