October 21, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

I have not tried the urban decay primer potion, but i think this one works really well. it is pricey but makes your eyeshadow more vibrant and prevents creasing. I also think it will last for a while. I recommend and would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MKitt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the shadow primer champion! I too used to hate putting on eye shadow because my lids get oily really quick, but this saved me. The shadow colors really come to life and it lasts FOREVER. After several hours of application it will look just as it did that morning. The first time I used it I actually remember having trouble taking it off! :) I couldn't remove it completely with just my face wash (which normally removes all of my makeup). I had to use makeup remover. That's how strong it is. I definitely definitely recommend this to eye shadow newbies and experts alike!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tsd715

I am a newbie to shadow primers, and after trying my first application of this, I ordered 2 backups that night!
No matter what brands of shadows you champion, this product makes them all last! The packaging is the most efficiant and user friendly I've found, too, so I really feel like I'm getting more for my money by not wasting product.

This is my new must-have - I don't ever want to go back to a world without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by SomerGirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! My eyeshadows look the same after a long day of work as it did when I first applied it. The product is very creamy going on and feels very smooth, but when it dries after 2 seconds it feels almost powdery. It has a fair skin colored tinge to it, which goes great with my complexion, but I'm not sure if it disappears into darker skin or not. I bought mine at Ulta with their $3.50 off coupon they always have circulating and it was only $13.50 that way. That kinda takes the edge off!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Day 1, hour 7.5 - so far this stuff is freaking amazing! I just had a look in the mirror - shadow is firmly in place, hasn't melted into my eyelids or caked up and my eyeliner hasn't smudged onto my eyelids either!

Unlike other primers I've tried this has a creamy consistency but when you dab it onto your eyelids it doesn't feel oily or wet, it feels very matte. SI also really pumps up the virbancy on the colour of my eyeshadow. I can't believe how vibrant my eyeshadow still looks after 7.5 hours and not all caked into the crease!

Will update again for end of day status!

ETA - I've now had this on for 12 hours now and can I say I am so in love with this product. No caking at the crease, no oily lids, eyeshadow and liner still looks as fresh as it was this morning. woohoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by xoxwhoasteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! The tube is sooo convenent and easy to get the base out of it... unlike UDPP, I will NEVER buy that.

This really works. Its only downfall is sometimes it dries out the area around my lids leaving like a chalky residue. But I can totally live with that because the product really makes eyeshadow pop and stay on all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

I love this stuff! I finally converted from UDPP and Shadow Insurance is so amazing! The packaging is great! I love that its a squeeze tube so there is almost no product waste. Unlike UDPP I can get all my product out without sawing the container in half. It applie really smothly and doesnt grab on my lid. Shadow blends really smoothly over this and colors show up true! I will always use this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dtm428

I used to hate wearing eyeshadow. I have greasy eye lids and eyeshadow just doesn't last on me - not without leaving an ugly, oily crease on my eye lid within hours of application. From day one of trying Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I saw that all the raves about this product were true. Almost 12 hours of wear, and my eyeshadow had not creased at all.

I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I couldn't be happier. I'm actually enjoying wearing eyeshadow now - because I don't feel like I'm wasting it anymore. My shadow looks the same at the end of my day as it did when I first applied it in the morning. Yea! The price is a little on the high side, but you use so little of it, the tube will last a while. And the results... worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sutefani

This eyeshadow primer is a godsend! I've tried a dozen different eye bases, but this is the only product I've found to save the makeup on my oily eyelids (coupled with Asian eyes that slam my eyeliner against my eyelid as my lashes hide away.) Even with shimmery shadows, no crease, no black eyeliner line, no shadow buildup ... Eight hours later my eye makeup is perfect. Hallelujah!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I don't have particularly oily lids, but my eye shadows still were fading through the day so I really wanted to try something for the base, especially hearing all the hype about UPPD and Too faced. I can't compare to UPPD because I never tried it. I got this one based on the reviews and complains about the packaging of UPPD. I was scared because I thought that there could be problem blending shadows, but this is not the case at all, everything goes easy. I'm only using it third day but I can truly say that shadows got the same intensity after 10 hours of wearing it. I have to say though it does have a drying effect and feels somewhat itchy, but I think that it counteracting what it suppose to do-oily lids. If you have dry lids, try first and see if it works for you.