January 31, 2015 | 1876 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this because I realized I really should use primer for the best payoff with bright shadows, and I was going to buy the UDPP, but read so many reviews about packaging issues. I have been using TFSI for a month or so now and it's been wonderful. Everything stays perfectly in place for 8-12 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ATYLER1973

I have tried numerous eyeshadow primers and nothing works as good as this. I put it on at 6 am and my shadow stays perfect for 12 hours. It is unbelievable as my skin and eyelids are extremely oily and other primers only lasted 3 hours max. I am a customer for life!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This eye shadow base goes on silky smooth. My shadows last all day without disappearing or creasing. Both TFSI and UDPP are great, but the packaging for TFSI is far superior than UDPP. I will continue to use this, but next I am going to try some of MAC's beige toned paint pots as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by SparrowsPerch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, what was I thinking of before I got this?!

Sure, it's pricey, but it's very, very, very worth it. If you love playing with all sorts of high color shadows or any color ES really, TFSI is going to make them true to the pot, doesn't crease (I've lasted as long as 12 hours not one little crease!) and it's not heavy at all.

My only gripe? It has a particular smell, but it's not overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by radmom

I had to switch over to this primer because the UDPP was irritating to my eyes, made my eyelids itch, not good. I like this one much better...does not irritate my eyes, very nice silky, matte formula, and my eyeshadow lasts. My only complaint is that by the end of the day I had very slight creasing going on, it's the only reason I knocked off one lippie. I think it's because I have oily lids. I will try using concealer underneath it next time. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by luv2buymakeup

This is one of my favorite products ever and something I will never go without. The tube packaging allows you to use all the product unlike others (UDPP). I can use the cheapest shadows which alone have alomst no pigment but over this stuff it looks vibrant. I cannot believe the staying power either. $17 seems like a lot but when you use very little product it goes a long way. Considering how awesome my eye makeup now looks, I would definately pay $17 every few months!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by krispn1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried this & the UPPP. This one wins hands down. I hated UD packaging. Who wants to go thru all the work just to get their moneys worth out of a product. This works just as well, YOU control the amount you need (no wand applying too much) which is another thing I liked. For people who have this & say it "creases" try using LESS of it. I have normal eyelids & find it only takes a SMALL dot for BOTH eyes. You don't want to cake it on other wise it WILL cause it to crease (weird I know). At 17.00 it isn't cheap, put if used correctly it will last forever. Another tip if you think it is "runny" massage the tube before each use. This mixes up the product & should make it where it isn't "runny"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works great. I have used the UDPP and Shadow Insurance has just as good staying power. My shadows last all day and they don't crease. Tbh, I like this better than UDPP since the tube is easier to use w/o having the wand applicator like UDPP. More convenient to carry around with you on the go!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by monniccaaa

I LOVE this product!! I put my eyeshadow on at around 8 in the morning and did a performance in the hot, hot sun, dancing around and my makeup didn't budge at all. By the time I got home at around 6, my makeup was perfect. As far as blending ability, I did notice that it was a bit easier. It's also a very silky smooth formula that doesn't make you tug on your eye. DEFINITELY recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mspb

I would have given it a 5 rather than a 4 if I thought it worked as a base - neutralizing my eyelid color. Instead, I use it over a concealer. The HUGE bonus of this product is that it gives your shadows a new life. It brings out all the vibrancy that you see in the pan and that rarely translates once applied to the skin.

I could not believe how bright or deep (depending on the shade) my eyeshadows were after first applying Shadow Insurance. I also use much less of the shadows because a little now goes a long way. This is a brillant invention. I tried using some other silicon-based primers for which I had samples - just to see if they'd also bring out the true color of my shadows. But, none replicated the effect. I have recommended this to a coworker, my mom and all my girlfriends. It's amazing.