Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best makeup products I have ever used! It makes your eyeshadow last all day and prevents creasing. It is a little pricey but I feel that it is well worth it! Highly recommended!

I bought this product because I heard so many good reviews about it. I used it for the first time this Sunday and I must say it really does work. Usually my eye shadow fades by the end of the day but my shadow didn't fade at all. I went to retouch my makeup before I went out to dinner and I didn't even have to touch my eyes. I even fell asleep without removing my makeup (bad of me, I know) and when I woke up the next morning I still had my eye shadow on. Of course it wasn't exactly the way it was the day before but I was set for the day without puttin on more shadow. Some oil did come up when I first squeezed the bottle so I thought it wasn't going to work or make my eyelids oily but it didn't.

on 4/9/2009 5:44:00 PM

Compared to the UDPP, this one 1) allows for easier blending, 2) has a much better packaging, and 3) doesn't dry out my eyelids. Sometimes if I haven't used it in a few days the product separates a little inside the tube and appears oily. However, if you shake it up, that shouldn't happen.

Although I prefer this to the UDPP, I have to admit that the UDPP does a better job at grabbing onto colours and making them stick. This lasts a good 6 hours at least. But if it is humid out or if I am a bit sweaty, the colours crease and fade a little. Also, I really don't understand why the Canadian Sephora sells this for 23 or 24 dollars and the Urban Decay for 17 or 18 (I don't remember the exact prices), when the price difference in American stores is only 1 dollar.

on 4/9/2009 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this product because everrrrrrrrrrrrrywhere I looked people were saying how wonderful the stuff was. Well I got some at Sephora and thought it STUNK...literally! The sales lady smelled it and said she must be used to it because she didn't think it smelled any different than hers. Also it seemed greasy when you squeezed the contents, liquid would come out. Not only that but it has hardly any color do it doesn't cover up redness or veins. I also didn't think it made my eye shadows more vibrant. Plus with it being in a tube, you are bound to squirt more out than what you actually need. I really didn't like this stuff much at all so I returned it. It wasn't an old bottle either.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even just for packaging alone, I find this superior to the UDPP. The squeeze out tube lets you get out all of the product, which is the most important thing to me. This keeps color true and helps it to last all day. Definite HG in my opinion. I use this religiously every day and will repurchase any time it runs out.

on 4/7/2009 7:03:00 PM

This is my favorite i used to use UDPP and i really liked it but my eyeshadow didnt last that long but i got a free full size with a pallette from too faced and im hooked i love it it make my eyeshadow stay on all day

on 4/7/2009 2:51:00 AM

LOVE this product! It is so much better than UDPP and MAC Paint Pots. Its just amazing. No crinkle lid and no fading during the day! Would absolutely recommend. Packaging is ideal.

on 4/7/2009 12:03:00 AM

This is my HG eyeshadow primer.

I had been using UDPP for ages, but always wished that it wouldn't look so dry and wrinkle-y on. But I was willing to overlook that as it does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow in place all day.

I got a sample of the Too Faced Shadow Insurance from Sephora awhile ago, and there's no going back. Not only does this keep my eyeshadow on all day, it doesn't make my lids look yucky. It was so good that I ran out to get a full size tube the very next day.

Plus, this comes in a squeeze tube, so there's no kitchen surgery needed to get to the last drop of product, as is the case with UDPP.

I love this product and would definitely repurchase.

on 4/6/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I also agree with the others. This product has to be the best. I went to sephora to get an eyeshadow primer and the lady recommended it and I am glad she did. I apply it on in the morning and let it dry before I apply my shadow. You only need a drop on each side. It goes on with no smell or color so you can blend in any eyeshadow colors or I just wear it alone if I don't feel like putting shadow. It does not feel sticky either like some others. My shadow stays crease free the entire day (I work about 10 hours/day) and never had the need to touch up my shadow. The packaging is great, just squeeze the tube and it gives you the right amount so you never waste any. I ve had the same tube now for few months and still have ways to go. It is a bit pricey but if it lasts that long then it is worth it. I don't think I will ever use anything else :)

on 4/6/2009 9:09:00 PM

I dropped my UDPP after about 5 applications and the wand broke cleanly off the rest of the container leaving me to scoop out the mess into a pigment container where it later dried and became unusable. That was when I switched to this product. In my opinion this product totally trumps Urban Decay Primer Potion. Not only does it prolongs the life of your eyeshadow, it is easy to apply and use. No more having to cut the stupid container open to get the rest of your product, just squeeze a tiny little drop into your fingertips or directly on your eyelid and voila. It doesn't have that strange smell either, just glides on smoothly and provides long lasting coverage. Its a little expensive but totally worth the investment.