November 27, 2014 | 961 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by monniccaaa

I LOVE this product!! I put my eyeshadow on at around 8 in the morning and did a performance in the hot, hot sun, dancing around and my makeup didn't budge at all. By the time I got home at around 6, my makeup was perfect. As far as blending ability, I did notice that it was a bit easier. It's also a very silky smooth formula that doesn't make you tug on your eye. DEFINITELY recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mspb

I would have given it a 5 rather than a 4 if I thought it worked as a base - neutralizing my eyelid color. Instead, I use it over a concealer. The HUGE bonus of this product is that it gives your shadows a new life. It brings out all the vibrancy that you see in the pan and that rarely translates once applied to the skin.

I could not believe how bright or deep (depending on the shade) my eyeshadows were after first applying Shadow Insurance. I also use much less of the shadows because a little now goes a long way. This is a brillant invention. I tried using some other silicon-based primers for which I had samples - just to see if they'd also bring out the true color of my shadows. But, none replicated the effect. I have recommended this to a coworker, my mom and all my girlfriends. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

ive had this product for a few months now, and have to say, it definately works. at the end of the day my eyes look just as brilliant in color as they did when i did them in the morning. nice consistency, doesnt go on thick. easy to control amount you need, and best of all, you can use it to its end, unlike UDPP. unless you cut the tube open, which i (like everyone else) will more than likely end up doing once im at that point where i cant get no more out. i havent seem much a difference in the quality compared to UDPP but just the fact alone that you can use shadow insurance to its end is a bonus worth repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hmmm ive had this for a while and hoped it would be so much better than UDPP coz that dried out like hell! but i found the consistency of this to be quite 'wet' and runny, the UDPP was a bit thicker and drier which I liked. I don't have oily lids but after a days wear, my e/s disappeared and my lids were oily-feeling. I dont know if it's just my tube but I'm going back to UDPP

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

I actually purchased the Too Faced Shadow Insurance kit for $32, it came with the full sized Shadow Insurance and 6 eyeshadows. I am in love with this eyeshadow primer. It has been hard to find a primer that does not have good staying power. The staying power is amazing and the eyeshadows that came in the kit when applied are intensified with the primer. A little goes a long ways when applying the primer. I like the packaging better for the Shadow Insurance compared with the UDPP because I can actually control how much comes out and I can squeeze what's left inside when it's time for a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by vgup9746

I love this! Shadow Insurance helps keep my eyeshadow on for up to 12 hours (haven't ever kept makeup on longer than this!!). Without primer, my eyeshadow starts to disappear after a couple of hours. With UDPP, it used to last 6-8 hours.
Although this is basically repeating what everyone else is saying... it provides a smooth base for shadow & helps prevent creasing, is easy to apply. Love the packaging! It's such a small tube, but since you don't need a lot I think it's okay.
Highly recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by scandelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff has changed the way i feel about eyeshadow. it keeps my shadow vibrant, creaseless, and lasts all day long until i wash my makeup off before bed. i have recommended this to everyone who asks me how i keep my shadow looking fresh all day, because this is they key. will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started out using Urban Decay Primer Potion as my first eyeshadow primer. Which I loved, except for the packaging of course. So once that was gone I decided to give Too Faced Shadow Insurance a try. Overall for a primer I think this is a good product. It helps keep my eyeshadow in place, prevents creasing and makes colors much more vibrant. However, I have oily lids and due to this product having moisturizers in it, it doesn't work as well as UDPP does for me. Because this has a moisturizing formula I get creasing at the end of the day with this product... which I never got with UDPP. So basically if you have oily lids you should go with Urban Decay Primer Potion. If you have normal to dry lids, you should go with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Hope this helps :)) I wish I had known this prior to spending $17 for it....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

I have not tried the urban decay primer potion, but i think this one works really well. it is pricey but makes your eyeshadow more vibrant and prevents creasing. I also think it will last for a while. I recommend and would repurchase