Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/6/2009 9:09:00 PM

I dropped my UDPP after about 5 applications and the wand broke cleanly off the rest of the container leaving me to scoop out the mess into a pigment container where it later dried and became unusable. That was when I switched to this product. In my opinion this product totally trumps Urban Decay Primer Potion. Not only does it prolongs the life of your eyeshadow, it is easy to apply and use. No more having to cut the stupid container open to get the rest of your product, just squeeze a tiny little drop into your fingertips or directly on your eyelid and voila. It doesn't have that strange smell either, just glides on smoothly and provides long lasting coverage. Its a little expensive but totally worth the investment.

on 4/6/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love this primer!! Lasted all day. Tried it for an outdoor event - high 82 & windy. Eyeshadow still looked like when first applied that morning by the time I got home and went to take a shower later that night. Previously was using Paula Dorf primer. You don't have to use a lot to cover the lid area and underneath for liner.

on 4/6/2009 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really, really good product.
I have extraordinarily oily lids, and this managed to prevent creasing for 12 hours! TWELVE! It might have gone longer, but I wiped it off. Paint pots really don't even last two hours on me!
Colour may have faded minimally by the end of the day, but it was very minimal, and i was so happy with the lack of creasing.
Only thing is, I find that it makes the shadow alot harder to blend... hence the deduction of one lippie.

on 4/5/2009 7:28:00 PM

I went to Sephora to get a sample of Urban Decay Primer Potion. The lady said it was too hard to get out of the tube, so she gave me Shadow Insurance instead. I was kinda mad, but I put this and UDPP on my hand, swatched a shadow over both and there is definitely a difference. The color is richer over Shadow Insurance and the primer itself is smoother and not as liquidiy as UDPP. Plus, the fact that I couldn't get a sample b/c of the UD packaging tells me that Too Faced had better packaging so you can get all of your product out. I don't even wear eyeshadow primer, this was my first attempt and I like it. I'm sticking with Shadow Insurance for this one. They're the same price, too but how will you ever get the last bit out of the Primer Potion? The answer is that you cannot.
UPDATE: I went on vacation and played in the waves and pool all day, even went underwater a few times and my shadow stayed in place!! When I would come up from underwater and wipe my eyes, my sisters kept saying "OMG, your eyeshadow is still the same!" This stuff rocks!

on 4/5/2009 6:25:00 PM

I agree with the others, this is waaay better than UDPP. It's easier to blend shadows over it, it doesn't dry out my lids, the product doesn't get all messy and dry out before you can use it, and the packaging is better. With this one you can actually get down the bottom. Must have!

on 4/5/2009 2:09:00 PM

This is no better and no worse than all the other eyeshadow primers I have tried. None of them really do what they purport to do - i.e. prevent eyeshadow from creasing. This one works for a while but lets you donw at the end of the day. And I have so far only been using it in the winter. I doubt that it will be able to stand up to hot weather, but we shall see. My main complaint is that it is supposed to be a smooth base for eyesahdow yet at the end of the day it seems to react with the shadow and causes a mottling effect.

on 4/5/2009 1:59:00 PM

love this stuff.. much better than UDPP IMO.

on 4/5/2009 3:05:00 AM

It does what it's supposed to quite well.

on 4/4/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS MY HG PRODUCT OF ALL TIME!
I dont know how I lived 20years without this shadow primer!!
It is a bit pricey if you think about it because the tube is so small, BUT... I just know this thing will last me forever!! I just know make up lovers can afford to spend $20 every year or two for a product that can almost save lives!! I only use a very little bit and 1layer of it is just fine to hold up the shadow for a whole entire day without smudging or creasing.
I have really oily lids and my lids used to crease within 2hrs of my make up application, but since I started using this product, it NEVER creases, even after like morning till night time! (idk exactly how long, but if it last +6hrs, it's long to me!)
Seriously.. this is a product worth trying! I dont know how well UDPP works, b/c I've never tried it, but I'm sure that is just as good as this since it has very good reviews of it. I think this product is an essential staple it every make up lover's collection!!

:::edit:::
It's been a year since I've used this product, and I still have plenty left in it!! I even bought a backup 4months ago, but I havent opened it yet! It's not even like I use a little amount, I actually use like pea sized amount on each eye!

on 4/3/2009 10:06:00 PM

I got this in a package with the eye shadow palette. Good deal. At the same time, I got a small Urban decay primer potion sample size to try. I have to say, after using for several weeks I am loving this blue tube! For one, compared to "tube" form like Ud and Lo'real de'crease (which I de-tubed and never used thereafter), the tube form is just so much more convenient when I'm in a rush in the morning getting ready instead of struggling with the lid of a pot or something like that. The consistency is more like a thin cream, soft and easy to spread out. It is nude color, but it applies virtually clear in my opinion. Shadow seems to stay on all day. The tube seems to contain quite alot of product, so I would say the price is okay. And yes I will be buying this again.