MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

I don't know if it's just me, but despite all the great reviews on this product, I am not 100% satisfied. When I think of eyeliner, I have 2 concerns: 1) applicability and 2) how long it lasts without smudging. Here were my results after wearing this for 6 hours:

1) applicability - this eyeliner is very easy to apply using a hairliner or small angled brush. It goes on smooth. A little of it goes a long way. And it dries fairly quickly.

2) how long it lasts - not the best in this category. I wore it for 6-7 hours. Although, MACs website claims that this is smudgeproof, it isn't. When I came back home, there was some smudging.

My conclusion is this. I can achieve the same effect with the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, which is also cheaper and will last much longer with no smudging. If you are going to use this for a couple of hours, it might be fine. But, if you are one of those people that wants the makeup to look immaculate even after 6 hours of wear, do not waste your money.

I would actually give this a 3.5.... It's a good gel e/l just not the best. It wears ok but I have to layer it to get it to show up as black. It's not like the BB gel liner, instead it's a little thinner but oddly it dries out faster. It doesn't dry out as fast as the Stila Smudge Pot though (those are ridiculous). I like the other Fluidlines better than Blacktrack. It's just not the best black.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After years of failing with different pencil eyeliners i have finally found the best eyeliner for me! This little pot is my holy grail eyeliner, It goes on perfectly with my benefit eyeliner brush and stay in place perfectly until i wash ti off at night. Speaking of which, i never have any problem washing it off, No Panda eye...nothing.
No smudging at all.I even left the lid off for a whole day and it didnt even dry up!
I would definatly recommend this product!
5 lippies!!

I've wanted to try this for so long, and am so disappointed that when it finally did, it was such a disappointment. My two main criteria in an eyeliner are: one, that the colour be rich enough to define my eyes well and two, that it doesn't smudge ridiculously and make me look sloppy. Well, Blacktrack unfortunately only fulfilled one of those things. After all the wonderful reviews, I had high hopes for this being my HG liner, but nothing can deny the fact that this starts smudging well within 4 hours, no matter how I try to make it last. Tightlining with it was even more of a disaster. The consistency was easy to work with, and the colour beautiful, but if like me, you have creaseless Asian eyes, and if like me you have colleagues that seem to delight in telling you when your eyeliner is smudging, give this one a pass. You're better off with BB gel liners or even Revlon Colourstay.

Fluidlines are one of my favourite MAC products and i use them every day for one thing or another. (Base, eyeshadow, liner...even highlighter) With blacktrack, its fairly simple. Black liner top, bottom or waterline, eyeshadow base (Instead of sharkskin shadestick) or use in outer crease below a black shadow to get the ultimate smouldering eye! Blacktrack fluidline is my go to black eyeliner. It stays put all day and its waterproof. What more could i possibly ask for?

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Fluidline is my HG eyeliner! I've always had problems with smudging eyeliner due to an oily eye area, but fluidline has always stayed put. It's very long lasting and waterproof. I use an angled eyeliner brush, and it goes on incredibly smoothly although it does tend to dry quickly. The tiny glass pot is cute and holds a surprising amount of product. It's a bit expensive, but it'll last you a long time. Remember to put the lid back when you're done because it can dry out quickly.

I ended up buying this, just because I was curious about it, & I ended up hating it.
First off, i'm allergic to it, & got really bad pink eye which resulted in a bad trip to the hospital, which was very traumatizing.
Second, even if I wasn't allergic to it, it smudged just as bad as my other liners, except it was harder to get off because it was waterproof.
So, despite all of the good reviews, I did not like this at all....

I am very impressed by this product. It is extemely long lasting. When i wear it i do not have to worry about retouching my eyelinner, like i do with blush, lipstick, powder, etc... It is very nice and easy to work with. It is not my everyday liner because i have the pen liquid liner from MAC and that one is quicker for me in the mornings. The pen liquid is my HG liner from MAC. But this one is amazing as well. I use this one on the weekends, or when i am going out and taking time to do my makeup really nice :) If you are into Gel liners, i will highly recommend this one.

My absolute favorite eyeliner.
It's easy to apply (I use an angled eyeliner brush)
Long lasting (and almost waterproof)
Great colour
Versatile (can go top or bottom w/o smudging)
LOADS of product inside. This will last you a long, long time, I guarantee.

Worth the price!

I came to give a review on this because I've been testing another gel liner and been making comparisons. Honestly this is one of the best fluidliners out there. It doesnt even compare with Stila smudgepot or Smashbox's gel liner.

this is great because
-it doesnt dry as fast as Stila
-when u apply it, it doesnt flake like Stila
-when u apply it, the color payoff is better than Smashbox's
-it stays on better than smashbox
and
-it is not as pricey as Stila's

I have my fluidline for about 2 yrs andddd im near the end of the pot and it has proven to me it that it has lived its time.
I barely used and opened the Stila smudgepot anddddd it's DRY and flakey. IT even HURTS to apply since the flakes get onto my eyes.

Hope this helps. =)