Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/6/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Purpose cleanser for years. I bought this because I tried a sample and thought I would really like it. For several weeks, I started having little whiteheads pop up on my nose. I used it on and off and went back to using it daily about two months ago. I haven't had the problem again. After I finish the bottle, I will probably go back to Purpose. I miss having a pump on the bottle, plus I don't like the smell of Purity. I also find that my skin feels a little dry after using the Purity, not so with Purpose. Plus, the Purpose is alot cheaper.

on 12/3/2008 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not a bad product for the price. I was in a bit of a pinch and I needed a face wash that would work with my clarasonic. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised to find that this product worked quite well, even removing stubborn mascara. I think it's a pretty good value for the price.

on 12/1/2008 10:28:00 AM

This was an alright cleanser...as long as you weren't trying to get mascara off. I have heard many people say they use this for removing mascara and I just can't get it to work for me. I always had to go back and use something else on my eyes.

on 11/30/2008 2:20:00 PM

Pros -

- Pretty easy to use, quick and effective
- Works, my skin has become alot clearer
- the packaging is adorable
- really does minimize pores

Cons -

- Strong chemicaly smell
- drys out my skin and leaves it feeling tight
- to lather on effectively alot is used
- runs out quickly

overall very appealing packaging and works well. however it has its draw backs.

on 11/24/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this product with my Clarisonic. So far I love it. The combination of the two does wonders for my skin. I am prone to breakouts and haven't had one in a week! This review might be premature but so far I love it. There is also something about the smell, I really like it!

on 11/21/2008 10:41:00 PM

There is definately a learning curve for this product. I've finally figured out that using more than a dime-sized dallop results in a mess and unclean skin result. Best to put a dallop in your palm, wet the fingers of your other hand, and use them to dilute the stuff a little before messaging into your dry face. Keep messaging for 60 seconds, add more water if needed to keep it easily moving around on your skin. It will dissolve eye makeup, though not the waterproof type, if you are patient. Also, I've noticed MAJOR differences it product performance when used in a hard-water environment. Doesn't work with hard water at ALL! Plan on adding a separate exfoliator, because this won't do that at all. Maybe that's the reason some of the other reviewers ended up with increased acne/clogged pores after using this for a few weeks?

on 11/19/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

nice fresh smell - works well!! but not great with mascara... my only complaint!!

on 11/18/2008 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i saw a review for this on youtube along with a clarisonic. i immediately went and purchased the cleanser and the clarisonic. together it works very well in removing my makeup. i wear A LOT of makeup and it makes my skin look fresh and hydrated afterwards. my pores look clean and the appearance of blackheads are reduced.
there's a couple of things i don't like - (1) i don't like that the bottle doesn't have a pump to dispense the cleanser (i have a large size bottle) and (2) i don't like that it doesn't remove my eyemakeup and (3) it's expensive!!

love this cleanser!!! i've been using it for years through all seasons. although it is more expensive than most drugstore brand cleansers, a little goes a long way so a bottle lasts for quite some time. this cleanser reminds me a little of cetaphil because it is gentle and mild but really cleans without stripping.

on 11/16/2008 8:29:00 PM

After using tons and tons of face cleansers, toners and such... this one takes the cake. Offering a great base, not too taut but perfect, for the next step in your regimen.