Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/9/2008 5:24:00 PM

Okay. I like Philosophy's philosophy of beauty. I also like many of their products that I've tried (the 3-in-1's, Microdelivery system, lip gloss, Supernatural foundation). This, however, will always be a staple for me.

This doesn't remove *everything*, but that's okay. I use long-wearing eye makeup and mascara, and would never place that type of expectation unless I followed the demonstration they show on QVC (applying it dry, and scrub!scrub!scrub!), if one can believe it. This does, however, remove most of what I'm wearing, and leaves my skin feeling somewhat moisturized, not stripped. The smell is... unique, to put it nicely, but it's not terrible and you do get used to it.

I buy the 32 oz size from QVC, they also offer it at Nordstrom's Anniversary sale for $48. Right now, it's still slightly cheaper to buy it from QVC than to wait until the Anniversary sale. 32 oz lasts over a year for me, with daily usage by both myself and occasionally, my husband.

on 12/8/2008 4:33:00 PM

I have to admit that the one-step cleanser concept is so tempting! However, this cleanser irritates my face leaving it red after a couple of weeks' use. Had to stop. Also suspect it broke me out too, those large painful ones. I don't mind the smell of pepper in Purity, but it might be the pepper extract that is upsetting my skin.

on 12/6/2008 11:47:00 PM

I received a 2 oz. deluxe sample of this in a gifset. So far I haven't had any adverse effects. It actually left my skin feeling more hydrated than usual. The bottle says this is a fragrance free formula, but right below that the bottle says, "contains a proprietary blend of extracts for a unique, fresh scent. Hmm...apparently the latter statement is true since it definitely has a unique scent. I prefer a foaming cleanser so when warmer weather comes I will try the foaming version. If I don't have any negative effects, I will purchase again for the winter months since this is a cream cleanser.

on 12/6/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Purpose cleanser for years. I bought this because I tried a sample and thought I would really like it. For several weeks, I started having little whiteheads pop up on my nose. I used it on and off and went back to using it daily about two months ago. I haven't had the problem again. After I finish the bottle, I will probably go back to Purpose. I miss having a pump on the bottle, plus I don't like the smell of Purity. I also find that my skin feels a little dry after using the Purity, not so with Purpose. Plus, the Purpose is alot cheaper.

on 12/3/2008 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not a bad product for the price. I was in a bit of a pinch and I needed a face wash that would work with my clarasonic. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised to find that this product worked quite well, even removing stubborn mascara. I think it's a pretty good value for the price.

on 12/1/2008 10:28:00 AM

This was an alright cleanser...as long as you weren't trying to get mascara off. I have heard many people say they use this for removing mascara and I just can't get it to work for me. I always had to go back and use something else on my eyes.

on 11/30/2008 2:20:00 PM

Pros -

- Pretty easy to use, quick and effective
- Works, my skin has become alot clearer
- the packaging is adorable
- really does minimize pores

Cons -

- Strong chemicaly smell
- drys out my skin and leaves it feeling tight
- to lather on effectively alot is used
- runs out quickly

overall very appealing packaging and works well. however it has its draw backs.

on 11/24/2008 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this product with my Clarisonic. So far I love it. The combination of the two does wonders for my skin. I am prone to breakouts and haven't had one in a week! This review might be premature but so far I love it. There is also something about the smell, I really like it!

on 11/21/2008 10:41:00 PM

There is definately a learning curve for this product. I've finally figured out that using more than a dime-sized dallop results in a mess and unclean skin result. Best to put a dallop in your palm, wet the fingers of your other hand, and use them to dilute the stuff a little before messaging into your dry face. Keep messaging for 60 seconds, add more water if needed to keep it easily moving around on your skin. It will dissolve eye makeup, though not the waterproof type, if you are patient. Also, I've noticed MAJOR differences it product performance when used in a hard-water environment. Doesn't work with hard water at ALL! Plan on adding a separate exfoliator, because this won't do that at all. Maybe that's the reason some of the other reviewers ended up with increased acne/clogged pores after using this for a few weeks?

on 11/19/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

nice fresh smell - works well!! but not great with mascara... my only complaint!!