BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Lash

3.1

on 8/9/2008 2:14:00 PM

i would buy this again, pro - creates full lash, dramatic kinda eye, and its easy to apply, con - the smudge later in the day, not bad.

on 8/7/2008 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I might buy this again in the future. It definitly smudges way too much though. I love the brush and the consistancy of the mascara. When the mascara is freshly put on it looks great. Later on in the day...racoon :( I just wonder if it's a ploy to buy their she-laq too?????

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to mascara for several years and I really like it. I do wish it had longer staying power, but it doesnt smudge or run for me, just kind of loses its ooompf by the end of the day. It gives me long, thick, dramatic lashes without clumps or spider legs very similar to Dior Show or YSL but better in my opinion.

on 8/4/2008 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have no problem with this mascara smudging on my eyes. Perhaps my lashes are so long (contributed to Talika) that the mascara stays as put. Can understand shorter lashes having a problem w/smudging as when you bat your lashes the product has nowhere to go. I've tried the Blue Bad Gal as well but not crazy about that one. I understand Benefit is introducing a Plum Bad Gal and that one I cannot wait to try. I'm in minority here but the Bad Gal works wonders for me. Gee, what does one have to do to prevent smudging? Don't know, except try an eyelash base? (EDIT: changing from 5 to 4 lippies as after using for a week or so the product seemed to clump IN the tube.)

on 8/2/2008 1:14:00 PM

I love the way Bad Gal Lash makes my lashes look super lush and thick, and very black. But I absolutely HATE how much it smudges! Crap, it doesn't even smudge, it literally melts off into streaks of black! It was ridiculous. I wore this once when I went bowling and got very sweaty. At the most, I expected a little smudging under my eye - but no, I had HUGE and VERY noticable black streaks under my eyes, like I had been crying.

Price - sort of expensive, but you get a whole lot more product than you usually do with mascaras. Also, love the packaging, but BeneFit never fails with that!

Overall...lasting power in a mascara is very important to me (if the mascara smudges, I will never, NEVER use it again. I hate smudging!), so this means that I won't be purchasing this again until the formula is changed!

EDIT// I've got long lashes, and they have no problem holding a curl if I use a lash curler beforehand (which I always do). No idea why it smudges...perhaps I have oily lids? So stay away from this mascara if you've got oily lids, or oily skin in general.

on 8/2/2008 10:34:00 AM

I absolutely adore this mascara! I received the mini as a gift and only used it once or twice and wasn't really impressed, but I recently revisited it and WOW. It just makes my lashes look so full and gorgeous! And they look natural, not spidery or clumpy. I personally have had no issues with smudging and I live in Florida. I just reordered another tube from Sephora. I never want to be without this mascara. It's the best I've tried in a very long time.

on 8/2/2008 6:55:00 AM

I too think this mascara could be great, but it smudges so badly that I just can't use it. I love the packaging. The brush wand is great and my eyelashes look great when freshly applied - but don't even think about blinking!!

on 7/31/2008 10:34:00 PM

This mascara would be absolutely amazing if it weren't for the fact that it smudges. The wand is a perfect size, application is easy, the mascara itself is the perfect consistency (not too dry, not too liquidy) and it really does work--upon application, my lashes look FABULOUS, full, long, perfectly separated...and I am definitely not blessed with good eyelashes naturally. However, a couple of hours into the day I look like I've been out all night, gotten wasted, and not washed off my eye makeup. Benefit, change your formula, your product is almost perfect!!!

on 7/31/2008 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

People who live in humid/warm climates: Do Not Purchase. After an hour of applying (1 coat), a friend let me know that I had mascara all over my eye area. I couldn't believe it since this was not a cheap mascara. Even the $1.99 nonbrand mascara I bought at the discount store doesn't smudge like this. The only thing I like about the mascara was the wand because its huge and it coats and separates each lash but its useless if the mascara is going to smudge all over your face

on 7/26/2008 3:30:00 PM

I found the wand difficult to manoeuver, and could never seem to reach my outer lashes without getting the mascara on my eye lid. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty good but not any better than cheaper brands!

Popular Mascaras