April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Well with asian skin most products on the main market almost never matches..I got this in medium/beige and its ok. It blends well and it never breaks me out. I use loose powder over my foundation to set and this compact for touch ups. I would purchase again until I find a better compact since it does work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Asian, NC35, oily, acne-prone skin, here. I bought into the hype and decided to try 'Beige'. I was quite happy with the dream matte mousse but the pressed powder didnt quite cut if for me. I dont think anything will replace my MAC blot powder. When first applied (alone, no foundation), my skin looks great, matte, airbrushed almost, and not too cakey at all. The pigmentation/coverage is pretty good for a powder, it can definately tone down redness, but doesn't stay on well at all - after ~4 hours, the powder had pretty much melted off my oily skin. I would recommend this powder for those with normal skin only. The compact is very convenient, I like how the velvety sponge is kept in a separate compartment that swings out from underneath (instead of flipping up).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

When it first came out, I first bought this in Cream and it looked just a tad bit too light on my skin, but I liked the makeup itself. Recently I needed some makeup quickly and went to the store and picked up the Sand shade. Wow! Was it ever tan/orange-y on my light skin. Not good. Overall I like the product, but the colors are off for my skintone. I could get away with the Cream color okay, but the Sand was not good at all for me. I would buy this again if I picked a better color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this up on a whim, I had forgotten my powder and remembered all the raves for this. I bought the lmedium-warm one (Beige- medium 2.2-2.5 I think is what it said), was SO hopeful and applied it in the car-- one large swipe on my cheek-- ORANGE. What to do what to do. Walk around all day with a big matte orange streak and grease pit for rest of the face or an entirely matte and even but orange face? Sigh, I went for the latter, and a couple hours later noticed that I had an ORANGE and SHINY face. Couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I tried it again the next day (hoping it'll look better in diff lighting) but same deal. I guess this just isn't for me, so sad cuz I love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and while I wouldn't say this makes it less oily, it does stay on longer than most. I blot several times throughout the day and usually reapply this once. I HATE the package, it is very inconvient, hard to open (especially w/ one hand), and akward to hold the mirror to use and put the powder on. But I do like the product when applied with a brush or puff and will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I really like the packaging on this. I have to say, I also used it over Maybelline Pure, but it didn't keep me matte. The pure makeup seems to give me a little bit of a 'glow', something I'll have to remember for Christmas pictures, and I used this to touch up but it didn't really last too long. I'll have to try it with another foundation, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I used Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation a few years ago, and heard raves for the new pressed powder, so I decided to give it a try. I wore this over Maybelline Pure, for a flawless but natural look for quite a few weeks. I love the way this powder feels very smooth and silky, and looks extremely natural on. It almost has a slight cooling effect, and made my skin look and feel very smooth. I was disappointed when I started breaking out from this product. I tried using only the powder without Maybelline Pure, but I still broke out. If this product didn't break me out, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by roland84

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first i really liked this product. it made my skin nice and matte and gave it a nice color ( i got sand ). but after just the second day of using it i noticed i was getting pimples on my forehead which is somewhere i usually don't get them. so i think this stuff is making me break out!
    which sucks cuz it was a really nice powder =[
    soo if its not the thing making me break out i realllllly like it, but otherwise, its just not for me..
    i paid $7.00 for it btw.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by janetcuellar

I absolutley love love love this powder. I had very low expectations of it but decided it was worth a try when I saw it at Walgreens for $4.99 (I think it's usually $7.99). So I thought I'd buy it just to see what all the hype was about. I tried it the next day and used it to set my liquid foundation with. So there I am at work expecting it to slide off my face at any given moment. I look in the mirror a few times in the morning and to my surprise...NO SHINE. I thought I was hallucinating! Lunch time comes around and again...NO SHINE. At this point I'm almost jumping for joy! And guess what?...I was shine free ALL DAY. Yes, all day! I couldn't believe what this little drugstore powder was capable of doing.
    For reference my skintone is NC25-30ish and I bought shade Cream
    Light 4-5. If you apply it with the cheapy sponge it comes with it can look rather cakey and give you "ghost face". I apply it with a powder brush and it goes on like a dream. My foundation is Revlon Color Stay Softflex for Oily/Combo skin (another HG find thanks to MUA). Just thought I'd mention that because I'm sure this foundation has a lot to do with how well this powder looks on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by endorablu

Love this product! Provides a flawless finish and the Sand shade is perfect. Not too pink or orange or yellow or gray.