August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

edit;
still not enough to get a good 5. this makes my skin look PORELESS. I freakin love it. Maybelline really knows how to match us half-white+asians. i use light 4-5 during the winter and medium 0-1 during the summer. the colors are very forgiving and don't add too much color. but this does get oily =/

I actually use this right now, and I have used it down to the CORE. all i know is that the colors are really nice and i like the compact quality. the powder is very thick and it covers alot. i usually use this over my foundation and it covers beautifully. the coverage is VERY thick i will warn you, but then again the brush i'm using might be causing that. i gave it four lippies because it's known to make my skin a little irritated if i'm not careful.

otherwise, GREAT product. especially for acne-prone and combo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

For once, I actually found a Drugstore powder with yellow undertones! This is my HG powder because of the color match and its long lasting ability to control oil (or maybe that's because I usually use a primer like Milk of Magnesia..Shrugs). I am Asian with strong Yellow undertones (MAC NC 30, Shiseido O40) and it's so hard to find a Drugstore cosmetic item with warm yellow undertones because most of them are pink. I use the shade Sand. I almost got Cream but I thought Sand was more yellow based. The compact is actually quite cute despite the fact that it's not your typical flip open compact (It's a swivel compact). This powder looks very natural on me, even in natural lighting. Please don't use the powder puff! The results of a powder puff leads to a chalky face and you end up using too much of your powder. Use a decent powder brush to apply this dream matte pressed powder. I usually use my Essence of Beauty powder brush or my MAC #187 Stippling brush. Use a brush you're comfortable with. :-) I will buy this powder again!
EDIT: I took one lippie off because the shade "Sand" wasn't as yellow as I thought it was. When I wear this powder over my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation, it's obvious that I have makeup on. I don't like that look! I'm going to wear this powder alone and see if it looks better. If not, I might try Beige, the next shade down.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Well with asian skin most products on the main market almost never matches..I got this in medium/beige and its ok. It blends well and it never breaks me out. I use loose powder over my foundation to set and this compact for touch ups. I would purchase again until I find a better compact since it does work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Asian, NC35, oily, acne-prone skin, here. I bought into the hype and decided to try 'Beige'. I was quite happy with the dream matte mousse but the pressed powder didnt quite cut if for me. I dont think anything will replace my MAC blot powder. When first applied (alone, no foundation), my skin looks great, matte, airbrushed almost, and not too cakey at all. The pigmentation/coverage is pretty good for a powder, it can definately tone down redness, but doesn't stay on well at all - after ~4 hours, the powder had pretty much melted off my oily skin. I would recommend this powder for those with normal skin only. The compact is very convenient, I like how the velvety sponge is kept in a separate compartment that swings out from underneath (instead of flipping up).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

When it first came out, I first bought this in Cream and it looked just a tad bit too light on my skin, but I liked the makeup itself. Recently I needed some makeup quickly and went to the store and picked up the Sand shade. Wow! Was it ever tan/orange-y on my light skin. Not good. Overall I like the product, but the colors are off for my skintone. I could get away with the Cream color okay, but the Sand was not good at all for me. I would buy this again if I picked a better color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this up on a whim, I had forgotten my powder and remembered all the raves for this. I bought the lmedium-warm one (Beige- medium 2.2-2.5 I think is what it said), was SO hopeful and applied it in the car-- one large swipe on my cheek-- ORANGE. What to do what to do. Walk around all day with a big matte orange streak and grease pit for rest of the face or an entirely matte and even but orange face? Sigh, I went for the latter, and a couple hours later noticed that I had an ORANGE and SHINY face. Couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I tried it again the next day (hoping it'll look better in diff lighting) but same deal. I guess this just isn't for me, so sad cuz I love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and while I wouldn't say this makes it less oily, it does stay on longer than most. I blot several times throughout the day and usually reapply this once. I HATE the package, it is very inconvient, hard to open (especially w/ one hand), and akward to hold the mirror to use and put the powder on. But I do like the product when applied with a brush or puff and will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I really like the packaging on this. I have to say, I also used it over Maybelline Pure, but it didn't keep me matte. The pure makeup seems to give me a little bit of a 'glow', something I'll have to remember for Christmas pictures, and I used this to touch up but it didn't really last too long. I'll have to try it with another foundation, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I used Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation a few years ago, and heard raves for the new pressed powder, so I decided to give it a try. I wore this over Maybelline Pure, for a flawless but natural look for quite a few weeks. I love the way this powder feels very smooth and silky, and looks extremely natural on. It almost has a slight cooling effect, and made my skin look and feel very smooth. I was disappointed when I started breaking out from this product. I tried using only the powder without Maybelline Pure, but I still broke out. If this product didn't break me out, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by roland84

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first i really liked this product. it made my skin nice and matte and gave it a nice color ( i got sand ). but after just the second day of using it i noticed i was getting pimples on my forehead which is somewhere i usually don't get them. so i think this stuff is making me break out!
which sucks cuz it was a really nice powder =[
soo if its not the thing making me break out i realllllly like it, but otherwise, its just not for me..
i paid $7.00 for it btw.