Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 2/9/2008 11:25:00 PM

I used to use Christian Dior's powder, but since i've tried this i'm ready for a change, and a very thrifty one if I may say. I have this in Sand and it absolutely blends into my skin tone. I have light little bit yellowish asian skin tone. Its not too powdery like how CD goes on, and if I keep touching up it doesn't look very done up or powdery. Great silky light finish. Doesn't make me break out either. I'm one of those who does not like the packaging however. Twist, twist, twist, I wish I could just open up like a regular compact and get on with it, without feeling I have to go through 3 steps to open it up!

on 2/7/2008 7:35:00 AM

I like a nice, matte look and need a pressed powder for my purse... hence I purchased this

The packaging is very interesting - a flattened compact (pan and lid) connected to a mirror/puff compartment by a swivel mechanism. Some people will hate it, some will love it. I couldn't stop opening and closing it the whole way home, it felt very hi-tech, I kept looking into my mirror, expecting a little hologram of Obi Wan to appear.

I purchased it in Fair, which is a very nice neutral hue. I gotta give this powder credit for serving up three decent colors for us fair gals instead of throwing us a single, super-pink shade like most brands do.

The texture also earns it another brownie point - this stuff is like crushed and pressed down feathers. So.. so soft. The particles pretty much roll out evenly along the skin, so I can't complain that it "just sat on my skin."

Sadly, this stuff just wasn't for me. It was too mattifying for me - it seemed to make me look too sallow and aged.

This will be a godsend for anyone who has severely oily skin, but it's not for me. Would recc for people with oilslick skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this powder! It goes on SO smooth and gives a lovely, even, matte finish. It has a tendency to look quite powdery after application, but I find buffing some of that off gives a lovely dewy look with great coverage.

It's great for my oily skin!

on 1/24/2008 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I bought this on a whim and I'm really happy with it. I have a horrible time finding powder/foundation for my skin tone (pale and pasty with pink undertones). Everything seems to go yellow or orange on me. I grabbed this in Ivory (Light 2-3), and it's perfect.

edit;
still not enough to get a good 5. this makes my skin look PORELESS. I freakin love it. Maybelline really knows how to match us half-white+asians. i use light 4-5 during the winter and medium 0-1 during the summer. the colors are very forgiving and don't add too much color. but this does get oily =/

I actually use this right now, and I have used it down to the CORE. all i know is that the colors are really nice and i like the compact quality. the powder is very thick and it covers alot. i usually use this over my foundation and it covers beautifully. the coverage is VERY thick i will warn you, but then again the brush i'm using might be causing that. i gave it four lippies because it's known to make my skin a little irritated if i'm not careful.

otherwise, GREAT product. especially for acne-prone and combo.

For once, I actually found a Drugstore powder with yellow undertones! This is my HG powder because of the color match and its long lasting ability to control oil (or maybe that's because I usually use a primer like Milk of Magnesia..Shrugs). I am Asian with strong Yellow undertones (MAC NC 30, Shiseido O40) and it's so hard to find a Drugstore cosmetic item with warm yellow undertones because most of them are pink. I use the shade Sand. I almost got Cream but I thought Sand was more yellow based. The compact is actually quite cute despite the fact that it's not your typical flip open compact (It's a swivel compact). This powder looks very natural on me, even in natural lighting. Please don't use the powder puff! The results of a powder puff leads to a chalky face and you end up using too much of your powder. Use a decent powder brush to apply this dream matte pressed powder. I usually use my Essence of Beauty powder brush or my MAC #187 Stippling brush. Use a brush you're comfortable with. :-) I will buy this powder again!
EDIT: I took one lippie off because the shade "Sand" wasn't as yellow as I thought it was. When I wear this powder over my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation, it's obvious that I have makeup on. I don't like that look! I'm going to wear this powder alone and see if it looks better. If not, I might try Beige, the next shade down.

on 12/30/2007 3:28:00 PM

Well with asian skin most products on the main market almost never matches..I got this in medium/beige and its ok. It blends well and it never breaks me out. I use loose powder over my foundation to set and this compact for touch ups. I would purchase again until I find a better compact since it does work for me.

on 12/30/2007 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Asian, NC35, oily, acne-prone skin, here. I bought into the hype and decided to try 'Beige'. I was quite happy with the dream matte mousse but the pressed powder didnt quite cut if for me. I dont think anything will replace my MAC blot powder. When first applied (alone, no foundation), my skin looks great, matte, airbrushed almost, and not too cakey at all. The pigmentation/coverage is pretty good for a powder, it can definately tone down redness, but doesn't stay on well at all - after ~4 hours, the powder had pretty much melted off my oily skin. I would recommend this powder for those with normal skin only. The compact is very convenient, I like how the velvety sponge is kept in a separate compartment that swings out from underneath (instead of flipping up).

on 12/28/2007 10:01:00 AM

When it first came out, I first bought this in Cream and it looked just a tad bit too light on my skin, but I liked the makeup itself. Recently I needed some makeup quickly and went to the store and picked up the Sand shade. Wow! Was it ever tan/orange-y on my light skin. Not good. Overall I like the product, but the colors are off for my skintone. I could get away with the Cream color okay, but the Sand was not good at all for me. I would buy this again if I picked a better color.

on 12/27/2007 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim, I had forgotten my powder and remembered all the raves for this. I bought the lmedium-warm one (Beige- medium 2.2-2.5 I think is what it said), was SO hopeful and applied it in the car-- one large swipe on my cheek-- ORANGE. What to do what to do. Walk around all day with a big matte orange streak and grease pit for rest of the face or an entirely matte and even but orange face? Sigh, I went for the latter, and a couple hours later noticed that I had an ORANGE and SHINY face. Couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. I tried it again the next day (hoping it'll look better in diff lighting) but same deal. I guess this just isn't for me, so sad cuz I love the packaging!

Popular Pressed Powders