April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I RIS a few of these GWPs from Lancome and I am quickly drawing the conclusion that these are most emphatically not for me.After I managed to figure out *how* to apply it w/o the clumping, I got dry, spidery Morticia lashes ... hardly the natural look I was going for. The formula flaked off quickly and itched like crazy. AUGGGHHH! Sorry, I still can't see why people like Lancome for lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2003 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic mascara. This doesn't run on me, even when I cried, which is impressive, especially since it's not waterproof! However, it does smudge when I use it on my bottom lashes (violating the doctrine of Bobbi Brown), but I usually don't apply mascara there anyway.

However, I would like to point out that this mascara at around $22 is the same price as the much-lauded YSL Faux Cils/Luxurious mascara, and since I'm a huge sucker for packaging, I'll probably try YSL's next. Lancome's is an underwhelming black plastic/gold print.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by purplevelvet

A very nice mascara that does its job: it lengthens, colors, and separates lashes. It doesn't clump my lashes like many mascaras. I definitely notice a difference when I wear this. However, it is quite expensive for someone who doesn't wear mascara all of the time. They say that you should replace mascara every few months. Therefore, I wait for Lancome's gift with purchase which supplies my samples of this goodie. Spend the $ if you wear mascara a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MzTempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I brought this product on Ebay so I didn't pay full price. But this was one of the best mascaras I ever tried. Although it comes out a little thick and you have to clean the brush thouroughly to get the right amount to remain on there, it will leave you with the right amount of definition. In a way, I can see how some people wouldn't like it but just work with!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ilovemygreatdane

Best stuff ever! It lengthens and separates. Totally worth the $$$. I like the straight brush too. Not many mascaras have that. It's especially good for my bottom lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2003 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Leonidas

Great mascara, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge when dry (it can take a few seconds to dry completely), seperates, lengthens... The brush can take a while to get used to though but once you get the hang of it it's perfect.
I was really amazed by how my lashes felt after using this! You know the feeling you get when you want to run your fingers through your hair to show it off? Well I got the exact same thing, I wanted to run my fingers through my lashes!!! They felt quite soft and light too! I love this mascara! I'm going to try all of Lancomes mascaras to see if they're just as good or even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by missiechill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is THE best mascara I have ever used, i have been a faithful user for about 6 years now, and have NEVER experienced, flaking, stickiness, or dryness of the product. It lasts forever! WOW what a winner Lancome - If you are looking for separating & definition, this is the one for you - it also lengthens as well!!!! THANKS!! Black is the best. *Hey girls - PLEASE don't swap used mascaras, its gross & unsanitary and how many girls get eye infections such as pink eye!! It happened to me b/c someone told me it was a brand new unused mascara when that wasnt the case at all!~ It had been used. Even if their description says, "used once only", dont bother swapping for it, its not worth a trip to the doctor and and an antibiotic eye drop prescription! Always ask if its been "opened" or "used/tried" at all!! Happy swapping :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2003 4:33:00 PM More reviews by smiles78jt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush on this mascara sucks. It doesn't sepearte my lashes and it also smudges.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2003 4:20:00 PM More reviews by a_butterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this mascara as a gift and was excited to try it, given the rave reviews it has gotten. But I found that it made my lashes clump together and ended up smudging under my eyes by the end of the day. Not for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2003 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kucing

I am reviewing this product for the 2nd time. Please bear in mind that I use a base prior to Definicils, either Magnificils or (currently) Cils Booster, as it does not work 'bare' on me. Definicils is an amazing mascara! I've been using it on a daily basis for almost 2 months now, and the tube is still as perfect as the first day I got it. The wand is always meticulously clean, with no extra product being wasted at all. It gives me perfect long lashes, although I always require combing through my lashes, but I don't mind that. It lasts all day with no flaking at all and no smearing. I love it, and I we definitely be buying this again when it runs out!