November 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is fairly overrated. I don't see a big difference between this and any other mascara. It didn't do anything wrong, but it just didn't do anything. It doesn't clump like other drugstore brands, but I bought it for volume (I have dark, fairly long lashes, so I'm interested in a thick eyelash look). It didn't really lengthen or give volume.
I got a small tube that was $10, so I didn't spend too much, but I'm not getting that much either. I might pair this with my Shiseido Mascara Base: that's a product that makes any mascara look good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by marthawilliams

this product is good, but it does dry up quite quickly. It is not the best mascara i have ever used, but it works well for every day use. It leaves my lashes looking longer and fuller, which i really like. It is always good to invest in a good mascara, and this is a safe bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Juicysmo

I have the Get Bent mascara and love it. It can get all over the outside if you don't put the wand back right, but other than that, it makes my lashes full, long and separated.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ceciafb

When I bought this I really didnt like it. However, having tried it again it actually gives a really nice effect. It thickens eyelashes so makes it look like you have falsies in. However, I've got quite short eyelashes and it doesnt make them look much longer. It can also look a little clumpy. You have to sort of roll it on from the roots to get the best out of it, but dont pump it in the tube as it dries out easily. Oh, and my main complaint is the brush is so big that I tend to get a bit on the base of my top eyelid, which really irritates me as I have to get it off with a cotton bud without smudging my mascara..grrrr
All in all I'd give it about 3.5 stars, but thats not really an option, so 3 it is!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will have to double 'sorinagrave' on this one . I agree with every bit of what they said .
Beautiful seperation of lashes , but doesn't hold the curl long and more natural look then dramatic . I guess good for an everyday mascara, i'm looking for something with more impact .Love that it doesn't clump tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by smam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever Benefit purchase, narrowly chosen over DiorShow, and I'm happy with my choice! What separates this mascara from the pack is the definition it provides - yes, it volumizes, and yes, it lengthens, but neither of those features would be as impressive without the clean and separated look that it gives. Each lash runs parallel to its neighbor with no clumps or lashes sticking together or going out at weird angles - yes, I sound like I've over-thought this but it is really what makes the mascara amazing. It gives that mascara commercial fan look that you know a makeup artist spent five hours on, separating each lash from another with a pin or sewing needle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by candey_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous mascara! I have been using Lancome L'Extreme, but this is soo much better. It provides length and volume, without clumping. The biggest bonus for this prodict it is the ONLY mascara that I apply to my bottom lashes and I do not get panda eyes by the end of the day. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes. It is in a huge bottle, with a massive brush. Personally I dont find the brush to large. Im used to applying mascara and removing excess with a cotton bud. Luv this, and will definately be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally short, black lashes which are not very thick. Iím no expert on mascara as my HG ones are by Maybelline, but as BeneFit was on 3 for 2 and mine was running low a little while ago I thought Iíd give this a go.

As has come to be expected of BeneFit, the mascara comes in a rather strangely decorated container: a black box with fuchsia pink and white text which matches the wand itself (but incidentally matches nothing else in the range, bar the Bad Gal eyeliner). Personally I find it rather cheap and gaudy/80s looking but some people may like it! It is what you may describe as a Ďsupersizeí Ė ok, maybe not that huge but certainly larger than your average.

Once youíre past the loud packaging and have your lashes beautifully curled, you come to the application. Unscrew the shiny silver cap, remove the wand, and youíll realise why the mascara is bigger than most Ė the head of the wand looks HUGE! It actually looks like itís going to be impossible to apply. In spite of that, the wand actually has an even amount of jet black mascara on its slightly curved edges without looking overloaded or clumpy.

The best way to apply mascara is to tilt your head back slightly & wiggle the brush at the roots/base of your lashes, then sweep upwards slowly. Despite the wand looking ridiculously big for manoeuvring around the eye area itís actually quite easy to handle, proven by the fact that Iíve actually never made any major mistakes around my eye while trying to apply it. You can vary the amount you put on, but perhaps this is only possible because my lashes are dark anyway, Iím not sure a lighter-lashed girl could wear it just on the tips as itíd look strange.

After application the mascara looks beautifully dark and long Ė if Iíve applied a generous amount sometimes my eyelashes look nearly false (but in a good wayÖ) If you want them to look more natural than made-up then it helps if you comb them through with an eyelash comb to totally separate them. The mascara doesnít feel as thick on as it appears, so itís not annoying to wear.

The effect always lasts the entire day without flaking/melting onto my under eye area/running in the rain (perhaps it also helps that I never wear this certain mascara on my bottom lashes?). Although it doesnít claim to be waterproof I have never had this run at all; never even had it smudge one tiny bit. But taking that into consideration youíd think itís a pain to remove at night? Itís not. Itís easy as pie; just a standard oil based makeup remover with cotton wool (or even a cleansing wipe) will remove it.

I donít really wear it often enough to say whether it has a positive/negative effect on my lashes but itís certainly had no detrimental effect on the occasions I have used it.

This mascara is a rather overpriced, as is the majority of the BeneFit range. The RRP is £14.50 for 8.5g. Normally Iíd recommend scouring amazon for a bargain. I donít think this is suitable if you want a really natural effect as if youíre wearing no makeup at all, but I like it because when I wear mascara I want it to look more obvious than my natural lashes. I also donít think it would be suitable for day wear on those with lighter lashes as it might look too bold (unless thatís the look youíre aiming for). For me, itís not the best mascara I've ever used, but I'm glad I tried it out. I prefer Maybelline though. On the rare occasions I choose to wear bad gal, it provides me with the jet black long lashes. Iíd recommend this to anyone with a fondness to black lash-lengthening mascara: not one for the plain Janes; itís definitely one for the Bad Gals.

I shall take 2 lippies off for the price & not THAT much volumizing. I get better from my Maybelline mascaras! Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

def on my top 3 mascaras. legnth and volume is incrediable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

I bought this because I saw it had won several beauty awards and I was disappointed when I bought it. It has too big of a wand which causes a mess on your eyelids. I really like the benefit line, but I will not be using this mascara again.