BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Lash

3.1

on 8/18/2008 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this product for a while. When I finally got it I was very excited and I immediatly used it. it makes my lashes very full and long, no clumping at all! My main concern though was if i put it on in the morning, by mid afternoon is if i rubbed my eye even a tiny bit, it was smudge like no other. The smudging wasn't even a sexy smudge it was more of a "dead" looking smudge. So even though it has made my eyelashes look beautiful, I can't say will be repurchasing another BadGaL Lash.

on 8/13/2008 4:20:00 PM

I'm not sure why other people don't like this mascara. Myself I was never planning on buying it, but I bought the bad gal kit, because it had dr. feelgood in it and I got the other stuff as well. So when I tried this mascara I really wasn't expecting nothing great to happen, but Whooooa, I love it, it does what it says it will do. It is deff a bad gal lash for sure! I have a few mascara I stick too, but this one is deff in my top 5 now. It makes my lashes fuller and longer, better than my tarte mascara does, and that's saying something. I would deff recommend this product!!!

on 8/10/2008 2:07:00 PM

From everything I've seen of BeneFit, its a whole lot of hype wrapped up in a cute little package. I think they have a good marketing campaign, which is sustaining their line of sub-par products. This is the 5th or 6th BeneFit product I've tried, and its equally disappointing as the others were. This mascara somehow manages to make very little difference, yet still clump and smudge at the same time. I think I'm officially done giving them a chance.

on 8/9/2008 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Update 11-26-10:
Tried again, left me w/pointy spider lashes and made my lashes itch like crazy by the end of the day. Boo! Back to diorshow my current ghost mascara.

Original review:
Not a bad mascara but definitely not my favorite. The first day I wore it I could barely tell I had mascara on. I curled my lashes first and applied it but my lashes went flat about halfway thru the day. When I went to take it off before bed I realized there was nothing left to take off :(
After reading the reviews that night I got the idea to try several coats of it to make it show up better and that has helped and it held a curl better but still not that impressive and definitely not worth the price. The big brush looks pretty cool and I dont really have a problem using it since Ive tried lots of mascaras before and have come across many with overly large wands. I think after I use this tube up I will go back to MAC's plush lash. It does what the name implies, costs almost half of this one and the only prob is that it is a mess to take off.

on 8/9/2008 2:14:00 PM

i would buy this again, pro - creates full lash, dramatic kinda eye, and its easy to apply, con - the smudge later in the day, not bad.

on 8/7/2008 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I might buy this again in the future. It definitly smudges way too much though. I love the brush and the consistancy of the mascara. When the mascara is freshly put on it looks great. Later on in the day...racoon :( I just wonder if it's a ploy to buy their she-laq too?????

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to mascara for several years and I really like it. I do wish it had longer staying power, but it doesnt smudge or run for me, just kind of loses its ooompf by the end of the day. It gives me long, thick, dramatic lashes without clumps or spider legs very similar to Dior Show or YSL but better in my opinion.

on 8/4/2008 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have no problem with this mascara smudging on my eyes. Perhaps my lashes are so long (contributed to Talika) that the mascara stays as put. Can understand shorter lashes having a problem w/smudging as when you bat your lashes the product has nowhere to go. I've tried the Blue Bad Gal as well but not crazy about that one. I understand Benefit is introducing a Plum Bad Gal and that one I cannot wait to try. I'm in minority here but the Bad Gal works wonders for me. Gee, what does one have to do to prevent smudging? Don't know, except try an eyelash base? (EDIT: changing from 5 to 4 lippies as after using for a week or so the product seemed to clump IN the tube.)

on 8/2/2008 1:14:00 PM

I love the way Bad Gal Lash makes my lashes look super lush and thick, and very black. But I absolutely HATE how much it smudges! Crap, it doesn't even smudge, it literally melts off into streaks of black! It was ridiculous. I wore this once when I went bowling and got very sweaty. At the most, I expected a little smudging under my eye - but no, I had HUGE and VERY noticable black streaks under my eyes, like I had been crying.

Price - sort of expensive, but you get a whole lot more product than you usually do with mascaras. Also, love the packaging, but BeneFit never fails with that!

Overall...lasting power in a mascara is very important to me (if the mascara smudges, I will never, NEVER use it again. I hate smudging!), so this means that I won't be purchasing this again until the formula is changed!

EDIT// I've got long lashes, and they have no problem holding a curl if I use a lash curler beforehand (which I always do). No idea why it smudges...perhaps I have oily lids? So stay away from this mascara if you've got oily lids, or oily skin in general.

on 8/2/2008 10:34:00 AM

I absolutely adore this mascara! I received the mini as a gift and only used it once or twice and wasn't really impressed, but I recently revisited it and WOW. It just makes my lashes look so full and gorgeous! And they look natural, not spidery or clumpy. I personally have had no issues with smudging and I live in Florida. I just reordered another tube from Sephora. I never want to be without this mascara. It's the best I've tried in a very long time.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products