Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 6/28/2005 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was a nice mascara but nothing special. It made my lashes a little more defined and slightly lengthened them, but that was it. It didn't flake or irritate my eyes (and mine are very sensitive and I wear contacts) but it just wasn't that great. It also didn't hold the curl in my lashes very well, within a few hours they looked droopy - the mascara seemed to weigh them down.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I know its hard to believe, but I love this mascara. I have naturally almost black lashes so this just thickens and lengthens them a bit. I apply one coat, curl and then apply another and I'll have beautiful lashes all day. I find it rarely clumps, if it does i just run it under hot water. And its stays on all day and wont smudge if you go to the movies. All in all, i love it and will buy it again.

on 6/23/2005 5:38:00 PM

I got this mascara from a GWP and I'm not sure if I like it. It has a nice colour and I like the thick formula but it does clump up if you apply too much and it doesn't hold curled lashes (at least not my asian lashes). My curled lashes goes flat after applying the mascara. I don't know if it's b/c the formula's too wet or what.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I loooove Clinique mascaras, but this is definitely not my favorite (my favorite is lash doubling mascara). It is high impact in terms of color (I have nearly black hair, so it looks really good on me) and length, but it doesn't do much to hold curl and it can get a little clumpy every once in a while. It is very good in terms of waterproofness, though. I'd definitely use it again if I got it as a GWP, but I think I'd actually buy something different.

on 6/22/2005 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Got this as an extra in a swap which was a lovely way to try it. Unfortunately although it has a rich black colour, I'm afraid there is not much impact in terms of length, volume or curl plus it gives panda eyes. All in all, no reason whatsoever for you to buy it - there's a number of better mascaras out there.

on 6/22/2005 1:42:00 PM

This is by far the best mascara I have tried. I only wish it came in a waterproof formula. I recieved a small tube as a gwp about a year ago and instantly fell in love. It really makes my eyes pop. This mascara is a little pricey, as most ppl say drugstore mascara is just as good ad department store formuas, but with this mascara I beg to differ. I have and will continue to repurchase this product. As a tip, I have found that when it dries out a little, if I add water it works fine and the tube lasts longer. I know you are not supposed to do this, but it works really well with this formula as it seems to thicken quickly.

on 6/22/2005 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very surprised with this mascara, considering I wasn't expecting much from it in the first place. This product has so many good qualities- the most important being that it truly lives up to its name. It gives alot of definition- alot of volume, drama, even length- to really make your lashes stand out. It also holds a curl very well. I always go for lengthening mascaras due to my unfortunately short lashes, but happened upon this and was very impressed- while I thought it would give hardly any length at all, this worked just as well, even better, than other lengthening m/s. This is definitely not a natural look m/s- it gives alot of "oomph", which I found to be a refreshing change after having only used wimpy m/s in the past. The only con and a weird thing about this is that the bristles of the brush are soft not stiff, so when you start nearing the end of the product, they kinda stick together or actually lie down instead of sticking up, thereby causing some clumpiness.(hence the 4 lippies) But IMHO this m/s is good enough to look past that.

on 6/10/2005 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great mascara. It gives full, curled, and long eyelashes. The colour I picked (darkest one) is nice and dramatic. Its standout area is it's curling potential. True to the name, it does provide high impact. Medium easy to remove, this is a great mascara that I would repurchase again sometime in the future.

on 6/10/2005 9:07:00 AM

I really wanted to like this stuff. It's ok, but it does clump really easily. It looks awesome though if you put an eyelash comb to separate, but don't even think about trying a second coat. You must be skilled to apply this with little clumping. I still use it once in a while, but I would not repurchase.

I got this mascara in 01 Black. It gives a nice coverage and covers every lash. Makes your eyes stand out without looking ridiculous. This does clump your lashes some though. Not too bad, but its almost impossible to keep your lashes clump free with a second coat. It still looks good on though.