Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Got it as a sample(thankgod), and this stuff is AWFUL! It clumps and weights my lashes down.

on 9/10/2005 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you already have a mascara that you like then you don't necessarily need to rush out and get this one. It gets points for giving some length and some volume. The wear was really good--no streaks or running or 'coon eyes by day's end. However, it is noticeably difficult to remove. I took off 2 lippies for it being so hard to take off. This is $13.50 on the Clinique website; I am glad I got this as a sample as part of a GWP. Which is a good way to try it out before you get a full-size tube. It's not a HG for me. EDIT: I hate this mascara. I recently tried a GWP sized tube, and the formula is so wet, it flattened a fresh curl in my lashes. I think this stuff is as bad as Maybelline Great Lash. I got no length, no volume, but a lot of clumps. This is going straight into the garbage can, and I will stick with my Cover Girl Thick Lash or Lash Exact from now on.

I received a sample of this at Clinique, and after using it for one day, I was pretty disappointed because it didn't really live up to my oily lids' expectations.
Near the half end of the day, the mascara smeared and just looked 'dirty' and unclassy. Plus, since this stuff is so "volumous," it weighed my eyelashes down. The price is ridiculous, and I'm glad I tried the sample first before buying full size! Do I feel naked without it? Nahhhh.

on 8/20/2005 3:25:00 PM

I really like this mascara. it seems from these reviews that people either love it or hate it. it was a little runny at first but after about a week worked fine. and I really like the brush, it's soft and just the right size/shape. it also washes off easily with just cleanser, but it doesn't smudge or flake. but let me just say this: with this mascara, eyeliner is obsolete. I have naturally long, thick, blond eyelashes, and this is the darkest mascara I have encountered. it gives me a very eyelashy look that is great for day because I'm the kind of girl who likes a little powder and mascara and is too lazy to bother with much else everyday. also great for a nighttime look. my HG mascara!

on 8/15/2005 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i love this mascara!! I have straight eyelashes that i have to curl and most mascaras are too heavy and weigh them down, but this one doesn't!! I leaves my lashes with "high impact!

I am a total make-up junkie, but i cant seem to find a better no fuss mascara!!! with concealer, eyebright an this i look wide awake everyday!! it curls just the right amount, seriously quick, super easy and i always recieve compliments cause my lashes!! i have it in black and is perfect for the day an i simply add another coat or two for the evening!! LOVE IT!! :)

on 8/9/2005 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this does not hold my curl! i'm usually fine using drugstore (ie: maybelline, loreal) mascara and i LOVE some of them, (ie: waterproof great lash, and double extend waterproof), so i'd expect some great things with a more expensive mascara, but it doesn't hold my curl at all! its just an average mascara that makes my lashes straight no matter how much i curl them! ugh! (oh and it gave me raccoon eyes! ugh!)

on 7/29/2005 9:13:00 PM

I don't have the longest, fullest eyelashes and this mascara is the BEST i've tried and i've tried LOTS! It makes my eyelashes so dark and long and it also curls them and they don't feel brittle plus it lasts so much longer than drug store brands! I will buy this again when I get the money! It's kind of pricey!

on 7/29/2005 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first time I tried this product I got it in a tiny sample tube, and I was in love! Then I got some larger sample tubes, and was so pleased I bought a regular sized tube. Although it's my HG of mascaras, I really wish that Clinigue would fix the inner part of the tube that skims off the excess mascara as the wand is pulled out. I find that with the full size tube that there's still too much product on the brush. BUT, it gives my lashes great body and some length. What I like best about it is the smooth texture of the mascara. And the brush is lovely! It's full and round and does a great job. And the greatest thing about it that it doesn't flake at all! I never have to worry about smudges under my eyes, even in humid weather. It dries not too fast and not too slow. Oh, and it's so easy to remove - I don't even use eye makeup remover for this one; I just rely on my cleanser, and there's nothing left afterward. My girlfriends commment on my "model lashes" all the time because of this stuff.

on 7/27/2005 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My MA at Nordstrom recommended this mascara to me during a GWP special and I got suckered in. The mascara was too "wet" IMO. Didn't really lenghten my lashes. It also smudge A LOT. My Maybeline great lash is better than this mascara and thats saying something..