July 28, 2014 | 2136 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by babybear0427

I love love love this foundation!! I've been using it for 3 yrs now. I use Tawny and need full coverage so this was just perfect. I have oily skin but never broke out from it. I simply cannot live without it! =]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff! I came back to this recently after trying it a couple years ago and straying to Merle Norman (which I love and still use!!) EL Doublewear has a better range of fair colors for my wintertime skin than MN. I find the shades Bone, Shell, and Linen all work well on my NC15-20 skin. Best recommendation for this: don't use too much. Seriously, very little is needed to cover EVERYTHING. And use on top of a good moisturizer. Remove with a good makeup remover, not just soap! I just Clinique Take The Day Off Balm. It's nice and thick and dissolves the makeup well. This is a very nice foundation :) I have repurchased and will again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Marsha0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I've tried!!! All you need is to find a good moisturiser to work with it. I have normal to dry skin, and with a good moisturiser this foundation works the best, the secret is to apply it right after you applied moisturizer, don't let the moisturizer to absorb too much. You don't need to use a lot of this foundation, I just put a very small amount and pat it with my fingers rather than using foundation brush. Who said it does not look natural? Looks very natural on me, I don't use any powder to follow, only some blush. Find a good, right for you colour and a good moisturiser, use a SMALL AMOUNT of this foundation and you will love it just as much as I do. My advice would be to annoy SA with asking for samples of a few different colours as I did. I actually had to go to a few EL counters before I got all the colours I wanted to try. Don't let an SA to convince you to try it there at shop because they don't have samples of this color, it never works!
Anyway, I found that Bone, Ecru and even Fresco look just great on my fair to medium (more fair than medium) skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by martas777

Ok. I've been in love with this foundation for ages. However my skin is somehow dryer lately and this foundation doesn't look that great on me as it used to so I had to search for other options. I believe this would be HG for people with oily or very oily skin. It would look awful and cakey when you have normal or dry skin so don't waste your money on this. I am sure it will be my HG when my skin gets very oily again. For now I've discovered another great and cheaper foundation which is Rimmel Lasting Finish:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Mai93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does work wonders on oily/combination skin. The coverage is superb, especially when applied with a stippling brush. My only fault with this product is the fact it makes me look like a ghost in flash photography. However, i combat this problem by mixing a tiny amount of a darker Illamasqua foundation with the double wear to reduce the whiteness. It lasts all day, but you will need to powder every now and then if you don't wear primer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly don't know if I will buy this again, but there's a chance.

This was my staple HG foundation for years... like from the ages of 19-26. But, more recently I have explored other options b/c it is like liquid cement n I feel guilty about wearing it. Plus, it will contribute to breakouts. My skin is normal and neither excessively oily nor dry, but I feel this sucks the life out of my skin. The finish is BEAUTIFUL. It REALLY lasts. I do love this, but know that it is bad for my skin. I'm not always faithful about removing my makeup before bed! Shame on me...

If you are really dry, EWWW. This will look baaaad. I saw it on this chick once who was dry and it looks awful. But, it had looked great on me for years.
I recommend it for oily people who are faithful about removing their makeup at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by XniamhX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Its my current foundation. I have wasted so much money on dirt foundations until I came across this. It is the best foundation out there. It has great coverage and looks really good when applied. You need to use moisteriser under it though. I apply it in the morning and I never have to top up during the day. It doesnt need to be set with loose powder as it is a really good long lasting makeup. I would recomend this foundation to any one. Its expensive though, €34. but well worth it. It doesnt make your skin greasy or oily. There are lots of colours to choose from

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by deypherus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS. After trying so many drugstore and non drugstore foundation
eg. Maybelline dream matte mousse, maxfactor second skin, makeupforever hd foundation, clinque foundation , etc.
firstly GREAT STAYING POWER. great coverage. makes my skin look flawless albeit a bit doll like !
hey but nothing to blame. does not look like i'm having 10cm of makeup like MUFE HD Foundation which oxidises and costs twice the price I paid for this... I had a clinque foundation which i thought was good but somehow gave me break outs...
I'm staying with this foundation!! <33

Edit: Giving it a lower rating of 4 now. BECAUSE THIS FOUNDATION DOES NOT GO ON WELL WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS!! try putting any other concealer, or liquid base color corrector, anything liquid based and this product starts to CAKEEE badly. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive only had this a week but i already love it.

My colour match is desert beige, and i have very yellow undertones.

This is a thinnish liqiud foundation and a little goes a long way. it covers everything and is medium to full coverage, ive found i dont even have to use a concealer.

It dries quick but when dry it has that "real skin" effect. It feels smooth and you feel like you can still touch/brush your face and not worry about it coming off at all.

My skin is dry/oily with deep acne scarring so Ive found moisturizing very well then putting this on works best for me, as it allows it to glide on and not sink into pores, rather just sit on top.

A pump would be convenient, but im too bothered as the packaging it very classy and nice.

will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by aliciagarciathebest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! AMAZING! Such great coverage and staying power, doesnt look mask like. Yes toward the end of the day if you rub it some stuff will come off of your face but I have come to accept that with my oily skin. It is so comfortable and dosnt feel like I am wearing anything at all.
However, it needs a good make up remover to take it off at night!