August 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup97

If you have fair skin, this review is mostly for you. I would for sure recommend this product for people who like to look orange, oily and unnatural. This is just my expericence with the product by the way. If you like this product, thats great... my personal experience wasn't very good though. It also made me break out :(. So, in search of a good foundation, I went to Clinique and the SA told me that its very important to spend your money on a good foundation. I followed her advice and purchased the Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Breeze. I can see the difference spending about $15 more can make. I would recommend just going out and spending your money on a good foundation right from the start.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is a good foundation for everyday use. The lightest shades in both the Light and Medium blended into my neutral/slightly warm skintone pretty well. My shade in Light is 115 and 210 in Medium. It does look pretty natural; it's a semi-matte foundation. I liked how it doesn't settle into any lines when I blended a tiny amount in my hands. It doesn't last very long, however. Overall, I wouldn't mind purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this product. Usually foundations end up oxidizing on me, rubbing off easily, or the foundation disappears from my oily area's extremely fast. I havent had this problem with this foundation. Yes it can wipe off easily if you rub it clearly for the reason no where does it say long lasting. I've walked 3 miles in it being slightly sweaty and it still looked good. Usually my face would turn red from walkin around for an hour in the sun.. This protected my skin i was still my normally pastey white haha i like it it is a light to medium coverage. I love how it applies.
JUST because i like it and it works for me DOESN'T mean it will work for you. Yes reading reviews is helpful but not ones skin is the same. So if you purchase it and dont like it dont blame it on reviews on MUA. AND DONT run from it because it has bad reviews! It very well might WORK for YOU!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Jennyy143

i really didnt like it because the shade i bought, 225, is way too yellow and it is greasy, even though my skin is dry. it also made me break out afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another example of close, but no cigar. I was really hoping this foundation could serve as an option besides (the much spendier) Bobbi Brown Skin. After reading earlier reviews that had claimed (or complained) that this product had sheer to medium coverage, and a dewey finish, I was intrigued. Skin has (on me) a semi-luminous finish; not as dewey as TM, and light-medium coverage. At $7.99CDN at Wal Mart, this potential dupe had me curious.

This definately isn't a dupe for Skin, but that's not the cause of my disappointment. The finish is much more - on me, and my dry, sensitive skin - of a semi-matte finish. Much closer to the finish of the discontinued Chanel Teint Innocence Fluide foundation; more matte than TMs, but definately not the powdery matte look of something like Studio Fix. But still, less dewey than MUFEF&B or BB Skin on me.

I was thrilled to find a colour-match in this, for my neutral-cool, NW10 skin. 110 - though it swatches yellow - has enough, give for lack of a better term, to match my very fair skin, with some mild surface redness. Coverage wise, it's definately less than Pro Lumiere, more than my Bobbi Brown Regular TM, but a similar amount to the aforementioned Skin, or TI. It's a good option for those looking for a yellower base to counterract redness; it's definately not as yellow as NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia. Unlike the SG, I can wear this without looking jaundiced. It offers enough coverage to cover up the residual redness around my nose, but if you have a particularly nasty blemish, you will need concealer.

It's a rather runny foundation, but it blends beautifully - I find it best with my Smashbox #13 Foundation Brush, or (rather surprisingly, given my 'Meh' review for it) the EcoTools Foundation Brush. It also works nicely with the MAC#187. I have normal-leaning-dry, sensitive, clog-prone skin. I'm generally not very acne-prone, but this caused my skin no grief of any sort.

Unfortunately, the catch with this foundation is it's lack of lasting power. I very rarely have problems with things lasting, but this barely lasts 3-4 hours before it's completely faded from my face. Skip this for big events, but I guess if you're going on a short coffee date, this might be an option. Layered under MUFEHD Loose Translucent or MSFN, it fails to last much past dinner. Different primers (MUFEHD #5, Smashbox PFL, HC Sheer Envy) do not seem to help. Maybelline really could hit this one out of the park, but alas, the lacking lasting power when powdered, set, or layered over primer is a grave disappointment.

My other foundation matches include BB Skin & TM in Alabaster, Chanel Pro Lumiere 0.5 Limpide/Nude (Euro), MAC Studio Fix PPF in N3, Studio Sculpt in NW15. MUFEHD #110, F&B #36 & #38 are all too pink, CoverFX NaturalFX in E0 is orange, and SG in Siberia is way too yellow. I describe my skin as an NW10 in MAC terms. I wear 110 in the Maybelline Fit Me, and despite the warmer base, it seems to match well.

Concealer matches include CoverFX ConcealFX in X-Light, LM Secret Camouflage SC-1, Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in 0-1, YSL Touche Eclat #1, Revlon Age Defying Concealer Cream in Light/Pale, and MAC Sculpt concealer in NW15.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it gives medium non cakey coverage on my combo skin. It feels really nice on too, very light weight and smooth. Like others have said, its pretty dewy and if you dont set it with a good powder I can see that you could get pretty oily with this foundation (even though it is oil free), but my mac blot powder takes care of both of these problems and I'm left with pretty good, long lasting, glowy coverage that hasn't broken me out! (Would have given it a five if it had come with a pump!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Sarah8581

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and I heard this product was great for dry skin and that it is supposed to let your skin breathe. The coverage is okay but it broke my face out and I started to get acne after 2 times of using the producy and it still brought out my dry patches. I have tried applying with a brush and a sponge. I get better results when using a sponge. I may use this product from time to time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SummerLuvin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to love this, really I did. I wanted a lightweight foundation as I don't need much coverage, just a tiny bit of redness on my cheeks. The price was really appealing as well, as I'm tired of paying over $40 which is what I have been doing for the past few years for my foundation. Upon application, this feels nice and has a dewey finish. But within just a few minutes, it felt really heavy and greasy. I could *feel* I was wearing makeup, and even after setting with powder, it never really dried on my skin. About an hour later, I looked in the mirror and it didn't even look like I had applied foundation to my nose and cheeks. The redness in my cheeks was back and my face looked really greasy, even though I have normal/combo skin, not oily. It started to separate on my skin and made a really splotchy appearance. The color had oxidized and took on an orange tint. I only wore it for about three hours before washing it off, but the next morning I woke up with three huge pimples on my face, and I never break out. This was the only new product I had tried. Also, this has a really strong floral fragrance to it, very much like a glue stick. This is just an all around horrible product for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I finally gave in and tried this foundation and I think its perfect for every day and to wear to work. I think I'd want a bit more coverage for night time or pictures (thats when I'll use my trusty Revlon Colorstay) but FIT evens out my skin tone, gives me decent amount of coverage and blends extremely well. The colour I chose matches my skintone perfectly as well. The packaging is cute but I really wish it had a pump. The foundation itself didn't make me break out and my skin didn't react to it at all. One downfall was I was super oily about halfway through the day. It makes my t zone really greasy and sometimes I have to use 2 blotting papers to take the shine away. I don't have this problem with other foundations so I was a bit disappointed with that. Unless I find another great, cheap foundation for every day I will repurchase again. For now, its my go to every day foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried 110 Porcelain and was unfortunately very disappointed in this product. It has pink undertones, so my face looked slightly sunburnt when I wore this. I'm very pale with neutral or slightly warm undertones. Without a primer, I could get about 4 to 5 hours of wear and then it started to become a hot mess. Definitely will not purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No