MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 4/10/2009 11:22:00 AM

This is my HG liner. There are a few reviews here that complain about smudging, but I've never had smudging... unless I rubbed my eye where the liner was. It always looks fantastic when I wear it and it's incredibly easy to apply.

on 4/10/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like it, it's easy to spread and apply if you have MAC's brush 263, it gives you a matte look (don't like shimmery eyeliner) and you can also wear it as eyeshadow. A little expensive but it stays intact for 15 hours, and that little container's got a lot of product.

My go to liner I LOVE this liner!!! It doesn't smudge a milimeter and it lasts forever! Application is smooth and consistant, and is easily removed. It is a great flat black liner for you eye. This was my first fluid liner, and I now have gotten several more and have yet to be disappointed with any of them.

I don't know if it's just me, but despite all the great reviews on this product, I am not 100% satisfied. When I think of eyeliner, I have 2 concerns: 1) applicability and 2) how long it lasts without smudging. Here were my results after wearing this for 6 hours:

1) applicability - this eyeliner is very easy to apply using a hairliner or small angled brush. It goes on smooth. A little of it goes a long way. And it dries fairly quickly.

2) how long it lasts - not the best in this category. I wore it for 6-7 hours. Although, MACs website claims that this is smudgeproof, it isn't. When I came back home, there was some smudging.

My conclusion is this. I can achieve the same effect with the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, which is also cheaper and will last much longer with no smudging. If you are going to use this for a couple of hours, it might be fine. But, if you are one of those people that wants the makeup to look immaculate even after 6 hours of wear, do not waste your money.

on 4/5/2009 6:18:00 PM

I would actually give this a 3.5.... It's a good gel e/l just not the best. It wears ok but I have to layer it to get it to show up as black. It's not like the BB gel liner, instead it's a little thinner but oddly it dries out faster. It doesn't dry out as fast as the Stila Smudge Pot though (those are ridiculous). I like the other Fluidlines better than Blacktrack. It's just not the best black.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After years of failing with different pencil eyeliners i have finally found the best eyeliner for me! This little pot is my holy grail eyeliner, It goes on perfectly with my benefit eyeliner brush and stay in place perfectly until i wash ti off at night. Speaking of which, i never have any problem washing it off, No Panda eye...nothing.
No smudging at all.I even left the lid off for a whole day and it didnt even dry up!
I would definatly recommend this product!
5 lippies!!

I've wanted to try this for so long, and am so disappointed that when it finally did, it was such a disappointment. My two main criteria in an eyeliner are: one, that the colour be rich enough to define my eyes well and two, that it doesn't smudge ridiculously and make me look sloppy. Well, Blacktrack unfortunately only fulfilled one of those things. After all the wonderful reviews, I had high hopes for this being my HG liner, but nothing can deny the fact that this starts smudging well within 4 hours, no matter how I try to make it last. Tightlining with it was even more of a disaster. The consistency was easy to work with, and the colour beautiful, but if like me, you have creaseless Asian eyes, and if like me you have colleagues that seem to delight in telling you when your eyeliner is smudging, give this one a pass. You're better off with BB gel liners or even Revlon Colourstay.

Fluidlines are one of my favourite MAC products and i use them every day for one thing or another. (Base, eyeshadow, liner...even highlighter) With blacktrack, its fairly simple. Black liner top, bottom or waterline, eyeshadow base (Instead of sharkskin shadestick) or use in outer crease below a black shadow to get the ultimate smouldering eye! Blacktrack fluidline is my go to black eyeliner. It stays put all day and its waterproof. What more could i possibly ask for?

on 4/3/2009 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Fluidline is my HG eyeliner! I've always had problems with smudging eyeliner due to an oily eye area, but fluidline has always stayed put. It's very long lasting and waterproof. I use an angled eyeliner brush, and it goes on incredibly smoothly although it does tend to dry quickly. The tiny glass pot is cute and holds a surprising amount of product. It's a bit expensive, but it'll last you a long time. Remember to put the lid back when you're done because it can dry out quickly.

on 4/2/2009 7:00:00 PM

I ended up buying this, just because I was curious about it, & I ended up hating it.
First off, i'm allergic to it, & got really bad pink eye which resulted in a bad trip to the hospital, which was very traumatizing.
Second, even if I wasn't allergic to it, it smudged just as bad as my other liners, except it was harder to get off because it was waterproof.
So, despite all of the good reviews, I did not like this at all....

Top Rated MAC Products