October 21, 2014 | 993 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lovelie02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again, simply because I don't know what else at this point to use. I converted to Purity after I bought a Clarisonic. When I first got the Clarisonic I was using some pretty harsh cleansers, which severely irritated my skin. I was told to use something gentle with the Clarisonic, so naturally, Purity was the obvious choice. Using this with the Clarisonic hasn't been a miracle for my skin, but it doesn't dry it out and irritate it like other cleansers do. Being that my problem is mainly with blackheads, I'm at a crossroad as to what type of regime I should be using, but I will stick with this until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good thing I received 1.5 oz bottle for free as I am actualy using this to wash my handsy. Gift from Sephora. I actualy do not know where to start with this cleanser. Very water consistency which foams quickly but the longivity does not last. It actualy left my skin pasty and in need of a good cleansing. Also it was terrible at removing make-up. Though I washed twice, when going over the face with my toner there was still tons of make up left. I tried this for about 3 days and as stated above I converted it to a hand wash. I will not even consider trying any other products from this line again. Actually I am not sure why so many American bloggers are writing so much about this cleanser. The wording (poetry) on the bottle is catchy and cute but the product itself is - ja- not worth using.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin with redness in the cheeks and around the nose. This cleanses my skin without making it feel tight or itchy, and even seems to soothe the redness. Smells like a rose garden without being perfumey. I have been using this since last January and my skin is nicer than it has ever been! Smoother, softer, less breakouts, happy skin. Best facial cleanser I have tried so far!

**UPDATE**
Still using this as my regular everyday cleanser with much success. Just purchased the giant pump bottle size as it's a great value!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

I bought this product about an year ago. The first review I did talked about an allergice reaction but that's not apt. I put this in the "junk" closet and let it lie. After a year I decided to try it again, it smells so good and I love the high foaming action. Wow. Talk about DRY, ASHY SKIN. I read the ingredients...in theory this should be an excellent cleanser...sadly, no. Back to my good old Neutrogena Deep Clean.
***UPDATE*** Wow, this is an old review. I have stopped using Neutrogena Deep Clean about 2 or 3 years ago. See my notepad or other reviews to find out what I have tried :j

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by redroses168

Bought this recently after hearing a lot of good reviews on it and really wanted to try it out. Been using it for about 2 weeks now, it really does the job for removing makeup effortlessly, especially eye make-up. Loving it for that, but i notice i started to have little red bump on my face. Dont know if its the cleanser or something else. But it really does the job for removing all your make-up and no more raccoon eyes for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily asian skin thats acne prone, and I've been using this really simple soap bar cleanser I got from taiwan but i had trouble trying to carry it with me, so I decided I'd give this a try, since I've seen so many reviews on it XD it's great! I love how it lathers with a little bit and feels great when I wash it off, my skin feels so smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Orwell

This stuff is great for my combination and acne prone skin. It removes makeup and oil effectively and does not leave my skin tight afterwards. It also smells great. My only complaint is that I seem to be going through it quite quickly (it is a little more runny than other products I've used in the past). I would have to repurchase every couple of months.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by caligal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a kit through QVC. I wanted to LOVE it. I love the packaging! The cleanser is ok. I'll use it but won't repurchase. I really like the Dr. Denese cleanser! I can SEE and feel a difference in my face. Worth a try probably.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I hate that I love this stuff -- it has parabens, and I've been making a concerted effort to avoid them. But alas, it's just too damned good to avoid. I received two samples with a purchase at Sephora, and tried it on a lark, despite the fact that my oily skin seemed perfectly pleased with my extant regimen. Holy clean, Batman! If I thought my face was being cleaned by my other stuff, I was sorely mistaken. Purity does not lather -- it sort of emulsifies -- but it manages to suck out every last shred of makeup and crap from my skin, greatly reducing oil, and it does it all without stripping. My skin is super soft, with absolutely no dryness or tightness. I'm using it now as my end of day cleanser, and I'm waking up with a considerably reduced oil slick on my face, and it leaves my face so moisturized that I've been able to cut back my jojoba oil to morning use only. The smell is very pleasant -- someone else said tea, and I'd say that's spot-on: tea with milk, and a little bit of pepper. It's very light and leaves no residual fragrance. I have found that if I use enough product to create a heavy emulsion (close to a dense foam), my face burns. Less than a dime-sized puddle, and all is good. I'm taking off one lippie (and stamping my feet, and having a tantrum) because of the inclusion of parabens, but I'll definitely continue to use this, and I'll definitely repurchase.
[UPDATE 1.1.09 -- knocked it down to 2 lippies because yes, it cleans extraordinarily well, but my face just didn't respond to it, long term. I briefly misplaced it and, during that time, began using Weleda Wild Roase cleansing lotion. When I returned to Purity, my skin just tanked. It became very congested and red and just looked . . . blah. So while it seemed good at the time, I've found something considerably better. And we're back off the parabens. Hurrah!]

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mollieduka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My face turned red and burned after using. I tried it for 2 weeks. It has black pepper in it! Suprisingly it didn't burn my eyes when taking off eye makup--my whole face burned afterwards. I wanted so to like this as I love watching Philosophy on QVC and loved the fact it came in a huge pump size. Oh, well. I'll just use my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap mild or my Olay Foaming Facewash.