August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by glittereyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love how it takes off all makeup including intense eye makeup in one step..no vigorous rubbing required. Since I got this, i stopped buying a seperate makeup remover.. No breakups, no clogged pores. no racoon eye..just clean baby soft skin. Love it and have repurchased several times already

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by snobunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Removes makeup, and cleanses very well. I have been using this product for several years, it has been the best for me. It is very good in removing wp mascara and heavy eye makeup. I like it because I don't need to remove makeup and then wash my face, it's all in one step. My husband has purchased one of the big 16-20 oz bottles from Sephora as my Christmas present for the past two years and it has lasted me through the whole year. There isn't a strong smell, and face feels really smooth. I look forward to my face wash after a difficult day at work, Purity makes me feel refreshed. Because it is a little on the pricey side, I tried using other cleansers, but kept finding myself going back to this. My skin doesn' feel dry and tight like it sometimes does after washing with Clinique or drugstore brands. Worth the $$ if get the bigger bottle for the whole year.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rosemerry56

Does a great job. I still take off my eye makeup separately prior to using this at night as I don't like the idea of eye makeup residue mixing in with the cleanser as I'm cleaning the rest of my face. I've been using the travel size bottle for at least 2 months now and still have half of it left. At first, it left my skin red and I thought uh oh! but I think I was using too much. Now I use a really small amount - 1/2 a teaspoon or so - and mixed with a little warm water, I get plenty of cleanser. And of course I use Hope in a Jar moisturizer afterwards. My face and I are happy campers!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mrsnewbill

Best cleanser I've ever used...and now it's all I'll use (for about the last 3 years). It's exactly what they claim, very pure and gentle and very effective. I don't love the price, but the large bottle really does last a SUPER long time, you don't need to use very much of this stuff at each cleansing. my face never feels dried out after washing, makeup comes right off (even waterproof mascara) and it doesn't have any kind of offensive odor. Overall, it's completely worth the cost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I thought this way nice. It's not a bad product, I will finish off the bottle I have, but I will not buy another one because it isn't worth the money. Yea, it removes make-up pretty well, but so do about a thousand other drugstore cleansers that cost $3. It didn't break me out though which is good, nor did it dry out my skin. I think it's just very basic, which is good, but not worth the $$$.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is flawless when I use this. When I switch to another cleanser, I break out. It gets rid of all makeup too. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mels76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. Its quite pricey in the UK - 25 a bottle, but its a big bottle and lasts forever. Purchased cheaper supplies in the US recently from Sephora! Packaging is basic but I quite like that actually. It removes all my makeup without a problem, and leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean but not tight. Seems to just melt makeup and dirt away. Does not foam on your face. I don't really get spots nowadays but I've used this on and off for years and when I did get the odd breakout I think this cleanser really helped to calm my skin, and get it really clean. I use this with a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate my skin after massaginf the cleanser in and rinsing it off. I have used loads of wash-off cleansers(everything from Dove soap and supermarket own-brands/L'Oreal/Olay through to Chanel/Origins/Clarins/Clinique/Kiehls/Molton Brown/Eve Lom/Estee Lauder/REN/Liz Earle etc etc etc...) and I really think this is one of the best ones out there(but I also love Dr Nick Lowe's foaming facewash, which is much cheaper!) Don't know why it isn't recognised in more magazine 'beauty halls of fame' etc - I think it beats Eve Lom hands down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

I really love this stuff, I consider it the better upgraded version of Cetaphil. Gentle, cleanses very well, has a distinct smell that I like. The packaging is basic and nothing spectacular like all philosophy products. It's not cheap but very worth it for a good quality cleanser. Will definitely buy it again once it runs out.

*UPDATE*
The key is to not use too much, although it is gentle it lathers up so it will dry you out if overused. Try a dime sized portion mixed with some water.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lilyface

Cleanser brands I've tried: Clinique, Shisheido, CVS-type(Neutrogena, Cetaphil, CLean & Clear, etc).

I gave this a try because the small bottle at Sephora was only ($10) - just slightly more than what you would by at the drugstore. I've repurchased it twice already and I think it's done some good on my skin. It's rather gentle so it might not work too well on anyone with very oily or very dry skin, but my skin is at a weird combo dehydrated state. It seems to like this fine. I believe it cleared up some zits too. When I stopped using this (because I lost the bottle), I started to use different cleansers. I'm not sure if it's beacuse I was switching cleansers too much or what I started doing, but I just recently got more and more zits. I'm attributing it to the trio of shisheido products that I"m currently using. I'm going to repurchase this to see if it really does do the trick. Will update afterwards.

also, note: my skin is the type that never seems to be zit-free. even on it's good days, it's got 1 or 2. and i'm usually oily on the O-zone instead of T ( all around the outer edges of my face BUT the cheeks) although recently it's just been everywhere - ahhh!! I need to figure out what's causing this! :( I'm hoping that going back to purity will at least solve the cleanser issue since it's more mild.

Edit: forgot to mention that this cleanser does take off most of my makeup rather easily. The black liner or waterproof mascara is sometimes harder though... for awhile i used to use the dove face cloths to remove the eye makeup before using purity to clean the rest of my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by lmy

I bought this product once and really couldn't understand what the hype was all about. It is just an okay product, I have come across other products that do a much better job. Personally, not my favorite.