Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

I would have to say that this mascara is awesome adding that length you need and spreading out your lashes to there full extents ...but as for adding thickness i would say to layer another on top just to make a bit more bold and black.I would recomend for the thickening to use a wet clumpy one .

on 1/10/2011 6:30:00 PM

Hmmm...hard to say if I would buy this product again. I like to layer on three different mascaras to achieve the false eyelash look. I thought that this would help me just use one product on my eye, but it looks like I am going to have to continue with my old regimen of layering on three different mascaras. =/

on 1/10/2011 11:46:00 AM

When I bought this product, I was so excited because I have very short, blond lashes and I'm always looking for something to make them look amazing. So, why not try something called Falsies? Usually, when applying my mascara, I do two or three coats with different brands. I'm not impressed with this product at all. Not only does it not make my eyelashes look any longer or fuller, I feel like they look thinner and shorter than almost any brand I've tried. Its constantly flaking off during the day and it clumps so much that I'm always adjusting my eyelashes and picking at them during the day. Its awful. I will NOT be repurchasing this product.

Well, I thought this mascara was okay. When I first bought it, the lady at the store was putting them on display and totally suckered me in with the "you'll be the first to have it" line. And it was amazing at first but all good things must come to an end...

Pros:
-Didn't flake
-Dried quickly
-Made my lashes grow longer (long term)

Cons:
-Smudged easily
-Didn't make my lashes look longer (short term)

But they do look amazing when matched with Stila's MAJOR major lash mascara. :)

on 1/9/2011 4:39:00 PM

One of the worst drug-store mascaras I have ever tried. It comes out clumpy and does not apply smoothly at all. My lashes get smushed together...not seperated, volumized, or lengthened. I tried to give it a chance to receive the "false eyelashes" effect after every try it just looked like I just coated my lashes with clumpy black paint.

on 1/8/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The Falsies, oh! How I had such high hopes for this product! It ended up being a normal mascara, and my mother stole it away from me before I gave it a real chance. Cute packaging, no flakes, but no real definition of any kind. Could hold a curl however.

on 1/8/2011 2:55:00 PM

At first, I hated this mascara. The formula is "wet" and I was constantly winding up with clumps. After a little practice with the wand and learning how to wipe some mascara off, I have grown to love this mascara! It definitely gives me the extra "oomph" that I desired. My only complaints would still be that it's "wet" and therefore messy (I wind up with mascara all over the place in the mornings) and also once it's on it's hard to remove.

This is very mediocre - I hate the fat curved wand that is not stiff but has some sort of spring in it (that's the best way I can describe it), and it's very clumpy, even after I use my Tweezerman eyelash comb. If you use too much, it flakes off onto your face during the day. Blech.

on 1/7/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I admit to being a bit of a mascara freak. I probably have 15 tubes as I keep buying and looking for the perfect one. The Falsies is pretty darned good! I found the trick was to load the brush up and then start building layer after layer while it's still wet. Don't just apply a layer, wait a few seconds then apply another. You have to just keep brushing and brushing and it slowly builds without the clumpy nasty look. If you let it dry before applying another layer, you'll end up with a disaster. To get full, soft, perfectly lengthened and volumized lashes just keep brushing for about 30 seconds per eye. I am a bit lash challenged but this did a really great job. I will definitely buy it again although I found it dried out quickly.

on 1/6/2011 9:45:00 PM

With this product i was very pleasantly suprised. The mascara elongated and thickened my lashes very easily, The only problem I have with this mascara is that I find it very hard to remove, and it's flakey and a tad watery. I Love this mascara, but however I would not purchase it again.