December 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by oliviamorgan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Certainly not the best mascara I have ever used. It also doesn't give me a "false" effect, it clumps my lashes together because it is so runny. The brush is also strange. I prefer the more "old school," if you will, type of fiber mascara brushes. I found this one to work against the formula, providing for long but stuck-together lashes. I also left it out for an entire day with the cap open to *hopefully* let it dry it. However, the formula is still runny. I will use this mascara up, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by twinkellastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not great or anything but certainly not horrible either...does a decent job but i wouldnt say its close to even having falsies on...i prefer other mascaras over this but over all a decent everyday mascara...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got good results from this. Nothing ground-breaking or HG worthy, but good.

I think the BEST part of this product is that is doesnt clump. Ive had mine for waaay too long, and when i use it, it looks natural and non-clumpy. It gives a kind of feathery/natural look to my very fine blond lashes.

Since i was small, ive never had brows or lashes that show up because i have light hair, and this really works well in my opinion.

Its also easy to use because of the curve of the brush, and easy to find in my MU bag (the shape is nice to hold). I would not use this for going out/partying though. just not enough volume in my opinion. BUt definitely for everyday, i use it with all my bronzey/taupe eyeshadows, and it complements any day time look very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ajkeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was honestly suprised by all the negative reviews on here. I felt like falsies helped lengthen my lashes and gave me some good volume. It also didn't seem to clump like most others and I like the brush size. Plus the color is cute!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxolaurenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i apply this mascara at first, i think it looks okay. It's definitely not the best mascara i've tried. I already have pretty long lashes and i feel like this does make them look longer. It doesn't quite give the volume that i want. Since my lashes are pretty long, they need some volume or else they don't look full. I'm fine with way it looks when it is first applied, but it doesn't hold curl at all. That's a pretty big problem for me, because my lashes kind of just droop down and don't look as noticeable. I don't hate this mascara, i wish it just held the curl more and gave more volume. It doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day which is good! I'll probably use this up, but i'll try something new once i'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kea2115

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really do like the way this product made my lashes look, which makes me so sad that I would be unwilling to buy this product again. It definitely does volumize my lashes and make them much more dramatic and pronounced, but it is an absolute pain to take off! Maybe it is because I used the waterproof formula, but no matter how much makeup remover I used, I would wake up the next morning and without fail, would have left over mascara residue under my eyes. Not only that, but it would smudge unto my lower lids and I wouldn't even put it on my bottom lashes! If they just improved the formula to be smudge-free and easy to remove, I would certainly be willing to buy it again. But until then, it's off to sample some other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a little surprised with all of the negative reviews of this product. To me, this mascara is VERY similar to Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express. I LOVE that mascara; the brush separates; there is no clumping; it volumizes very well, and it gives some length. However, the non-waterproof version smudges and runs very easily. All of these things are mostly true for this mascara. There was one real flaw in this mascara, and that was the wand. It was too flimsy to really get into the lashes and separate, which means some clumping. It is also a strange spoon brush, not super curved, but curved enough that it is a little awkward.

Overall, the mascara both volumized and lengthened my lashes. It was a bit smudgy, but the brush is what really did it in. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't buy it again because I prefer the Colossal Volum' Express.
EDIT: I've just tried it again after a while, and it has dried out a bit, and it works SOOO much better. Wasn't that great at the start, but it certainly impressed me after it had a chance to dry a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Steffy678

Not bad, But deffinatley not good. This weighed my eyelashes down so much and I don't know if this is possible but it makes my eyelashes look SMALLER? My eyelashes look like small, dry, crunchy cockroach legs(Yuck!) and the wand is so...weird. No bueno! Now I got to put up with it until I finish it, I hate throwing money away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by msgrape

This mascara was really messy, thick and "clumpy".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really really liked what this stuff did for my eyelashes in the short time I wore this. Unfortunately, my eyes did not like this mascara. This is the only mascara I've ever worn that has irritated my eyes. My eyelids were red, swollen, and itchy. I'm a waitress at a restaurant and my coworkers and even customers would stop me to ask if I was okay because they thought I'd been crying. My eyelashes looked great though and I guess that's what this product is supposed to do. Obviously, I will not be repurchasing because I had to stop using this stuff within a week because they continued to bother my eyes.