April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by latindrprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product at first, I even passed up buying my go to lash blast by cover girl. I would say it was the commerical that got me not the models with the fake long lashes but the claims of having the falsies effect. Now I have never worn lashes and never will it's not my style but I have always wished for longer fuller lashes. So that's what brought me to this product. When I first started using this I really liked it, and no I didn't see the fake lash effect but I saw my lashes looked longer and a bit fuller. But right around week two the formulation of this was different. I felt like it was starting to get dry and when I had it on for awhile it would flake. I found myself having to check in my mirror contstantly and having to wipe off the flakes from under my eyes. With that said I will not be purchasing this product again. I will be going back to cover girl lash blast.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by luvlys05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh, this product is awful. I had high expectations for it. The models all looked like they had these beautiful, long, voluminous lashes--I couldn't wait to try it out! Big disappointment though. I had to apply several coats to get any kind of effect. And then it was clumpy looking, bleh. As someone else mentioned, it is a wet formula, which I thought maybe would go on nicely. I tried a sample of Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte recently and got the effect I was looking for! And pretty much in one swipe too!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Ammabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't wear mascara a lot so I bought this on a whim just to try it out. I like it. It does the job for what I am looking for. However is does have flaking problems sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 2

Price: 2

Packaging: 3

Buy again: no

---------------------------------------------------------

For me this stuff was AWFUL. I mean, yeah, I got the falsies look after 3 coats, but my lashes were CLUMPY to the nines! I was so pissed off with it that I threw it out after a week and went back to my old standby, L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof -- that mascara gives me the false lash look without the frustration.

The formula of this mascara is just TOO WET and it takes the curl right out of my lashes. I even wipe off most of the mascara on the wand on a tissue before application and it still gives me problems.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. My experience with Maybelline mascaras has always been negative.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are a high-end mascara junkie like I am, you have to try The Falsies! This is coming from someone who usually wears YSL, Diorshow or Urban Decay mascaras. I decided to pick this up in the non-waterproof in Black Drama at CVS with my 30% off F&F discount. Black Drama is a very deep dark black, but they do also have another regular black, although the name escapes me. Upon first trying the product out, I did notice that it's a very wet, rather messy formula, however, I'm used to that with the YSL & Dior brands. So, I carefully swiped the wand on the opening of the tube to remove the excess from the brush before I began applying. Had I not done so, I think it would have been a total mess! The mascara applies easily enough, but I realized that you have to be a bit careful and apply a bit slower than normal to avoid a spidery mess. I have long lashes, but they are blonde at the ends, and this mascara really delivered as far as length & darkening, and to a certain extent, volumizing, as well. When I first saw my lashes, I was like "Holy $hit!" but I still think I like Diorshow & probably YSL a bit better because they seem to give more volume, but they're rather expensive. This is a good substitute for everyday when you don't want to waste $30 mascara to go to the grocery store. You definitely need an eyelash comb with this product if you have long lashes, imo. Removal is easy enough with Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover, however, it makes a bit of a mess and requires more remover and more time to completely clean things up. Overall, even though it takes more work, I was very pleased with the look this mascara gave me, and for drugstore mascara, it's very good. I think it can give the higher end brands a run for their money. I would repurchase and I've already recommended this product to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by emalove

Eh, this mascara didn't do it for me...it's not bad, but in my opinion, it's not as fabulous as people make it out to be. I did really like the brush...it was very flexible, and I felt like it did a decent job of lengthening my lashes. I wasn't too big on the formula, though. The color wasn't black enough for me (and I bought the blackest shade I could find), and I thought it was a little flaky. Again, not a bad mascara, but I don't think it's anything to rave about. Just so-so, in my opinion. I will stick with my CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion, which I absolutely adore!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! It give's great volume and length w/ minimal clumps & flaking.This is the type of mascara you wear when you put on your full eye makeup or go out to have some fun on a Friday night.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hypnotiiic001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My friend gave me a tube of this because she bought the wrong color and had no use for a black/brown mascara. I gave it a try and it's okay. I've had a little problem with it flaking at times (I'm a contact wearer so that's a deal breaker at a certain point). Other than that I've had no issues. It has a similar effect as my Clinique High Lengths mascara, though, I like that one a bit more. Overall it's a pretty good mascara.

Another con: I was my face/eyes with baby shampoo then just my face with facewash and if I need to I'll use a makeup wipe if there's anything left behind. This mascara leaves a lot of leftovers even after those first two steps. I wake up in the morning with my dark circles looking a lot more intense than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Indothang

LOVE IT! i have the waterproof one. I have asian eyes so i have issues with mascara smudging. This mascara stays put! no smudging whatsoever! used to love voluminous but always had to deal with the smudging! no more this is my new fav!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by bronze_chiqz

I like the consistensy of Falsies, wet glossy look and buildable.However I need 3 coats to make my lashes full and curled.I have no probs with curls with any mascara, the only thing i'll look for is volume.After 3 coats, my lashes look like falsies and flutteryyy!:)