August 29, 2014 | 1183 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of the Volum Express line, so when this came out, I had to go and get it. I got it for $5 at Walmart. What a steal! To me, this product is worth three times that. It makes my lashes super long, and holds my curl all day. I'm suprised at all the negative reviews. I'm giving this 5/5.

Cheyenne :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by hiangie

this product didn't gave me that "falsie" look it only made my lashes look messy and they clumped. I don't really recommend it. The good thing was that it had a cool purple color in the packaging but thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jessjayne

Absolutely my favorite mascara as of right now. It curls my lashes and keeps them curled all day long. I rave about this product all the time to my friends. I never thought i would love a drugstore mascara so much.
Its perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Jmouzooni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is definetly not what I expected. My eye lashes were sticking together and didn't look long at all. The brush has a lot to do with it because it's just too small. I will stick to my orange tube... the lash blast with the round brush. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LaKeast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The only word I could possibly use to describe this product is 'meh'. I didn't think that this was a particularly terrible mascara, yet neither did I find it particularly brilliant. It lengthened, albeit, not by much, and added definition, but I certainly wouldn't repurchase. In fact, I will probably give this away, there are far superior products out there in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by lilylu07

At first, I was pretty skeptical about this mascara but after trying it out, I really like it! I have short, asian lashes that stick straight down. When I use this mascara, my curled lashes stay all day! I love that it volumizes my lashes and there is a notable difference before and after application. It doesn't lengthen that much, but I am someone who goes more for volume than length. The consistency of the product is perfect and the brush is easy to use. This is definitely my favorite mascara right now!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Probably one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. This item seems to be a love it or hate it item, and I personally hate it! All it did was make my lashes longer by clumping them all together in a gross looking mess. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a Secret Santa gift and I LOVE IT! It really does stretch out my lashes to an unbelievable length on the very first usage. I'm impressed and will definitely buy this on my own.

UPDATE: This will come across as rather trite and immature, but rest assured, there's justification behind it. I will no longer be purchasing this item simply because when I received it it was through a Secret Santa - come to find out that that's the same person that got me fired from the job to begin with. So, for bad memories alone and not wanting to remember this bitch, I choose to never want to purchase this particuluar item - sheerly because I want to erase her from my memory and if I buy this on my own, it will only remind me of her!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price - pretty on par with most drugstore brand mascaras, even cheaper than quite a few. Wouldn't stop me from trying it.

Packaging - standard.

Review: This is the best mascara I've ever tried, it trumps all my old favorites. It's the perfect consistency (BADgal is too dry, Rimmels are too wet, etc.). It really allows you to build that look and never clumps on me. I've never experienced running or smudging or flaking and I'm about done with my first tube.

Does it make you look like you actually have false lashes? No. Should you expect it to? No.

UPDATE: My first tube was starting to clump and flake terribly, the worst I've ever experienced. So I thought it was time for a new tube...when the new one did the exact same thing! No way. Switched to L'Oreal Million Lashes and while it's not HG, it's certainly better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is a great one! The tube is a bit cheap looking (bright pink) and the bulgy shape suggests it contains more than it actually does. But the mascara itself is great: it lengthens my lashes, it gives great volume, and almost no clumps (which is a miracle, considering all mascara's I've tried). I have blond hair and very light lashes, so I do like the dramatic look. And with this mascara, you really can get a glamorous effect by applying a few layers (not too many, because than it does get clumpy). The brush is a bit curved, which is strange to use in the beginning, but gets better with a bit of practice. All in all a great mascara for a reasonable price (16 in The Netherlands, which is around $21).