Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 1/15/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I regret buying this. It is the worst mascara I have ever tried. Apart from the color, which is very very black, this is a disaster. I've tried this mascara multiple times with different applications. The wand picks up waaay too much product and the bristles fail to separate lashes, so extreme clumping and smudging was inevitable. I've tried wiping off the product by scraping the wand against the edge of the container, but that was very messy. I've also tried to wipe off nearly all of the product from the wand with a tissue, but even so the application was uneven, not to mention how much product is wasted that way. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I really can't see how this could work.

I had heard great reviews on this mascara from my friends. So i decided it would be good to try. I hate it soooooooo much. It made my eyelashes clump so badly it made it look like i had one huge eyelash. I think it might have been the bristle brush.

on 1/15/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought I should get this product bcuz all the reviews say that its so good.
So the first time I wore it, my lashes were noticably longer, which i really liked. But after my first time wearing it, my lashes would always clump together and the product would flake everywhere, all over my cheeks and on my lid. I would NOT recomend this mascara to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is great for those who are looking for dramatic lashes. Its very dark and gives awesome length and volume. I wouldn't say it gives you a look of wearing ''falsies'' but its close. The brush does help lift your lashes because of how its curved and the flexible wand. A lot of people complain that its clumpy and I don't get any clumps but I see why some people do. The brush holds onto a lot of mascara. I usually just apply how it is but I scraped to see how much mascara the brush holds onto and its a lot. Luckily I never have an issue with clumping. It doesn't flake on me either. I would definitely repurchase and reccomend to people who want dramatic lashes.

on 1/15/2011 12:06:00 AM

I've actually had 2 different versions of this. the most popular one and the other one with black writing with different brust.Both are excelent. I have naturally long lashes and works great on me. What i do is put a layer of this , layer of loreal voluminous, and another layer or 2 of the falsies... my lashes look so full and separated. love it!!

on 1/14/2011 11:55:00 PM

i like it! it doesnt make you look like your wearing falsies..but its a good mascara! its not my fave..but i tend to use it almost everyday!

on 1/14/2011 3:05:00 AM

I have this mascara in waterproof.

I am in love with this mascara.
The waterproof formula holds my curl amazingly.
The colour is very black.
The formula lengthens and gives me so much volume.
It doesn't get clumpy because I can brush them out as I apply on the mascara, because it's quite wet.
It dries to a glossy finish.

Love it!

on 1/13/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

not a bad product, just doesn't do the wow factor for me. It does lengthen but it separates your lashes and doesn't make it look volumized or full. Its just like any other mascara truly, it is flakey and a little clumpy.

on 1/13/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great mascara. The brush is curved so it wiggles really nicely in the base of the lashes. It also gives great length with few coats. The only reason I don't rate this a 5 is because I like my mascara to give me more volume as well as length, and this mostly provides long length and not a lot of volume. The good news is that it isn't clumpy at all, even after applying many coats. Overall, a great mascara and it's only like $5 at the drugstore. Awesome.

on 1/13/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

What a surprisingly great mascara. I'm not crazy about curved mascara brushes - they're gimmicky and I find applying mascara with a straight wand much easier. But curved brush aside, this stuff is fantastic. It makes my lashes super-long and fluttery. Granted, I've got pretty good lashes to begin with (my one "claim to fame," as it were); however, this mascara really makes them stand out. I picked up a tube at Walgreens during a 40% off sale, so it only cost around $5. You just can't beat that, and it proves you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a great product and amazing results.

Video Reviews & Tutorials