July 29, 2014 | 1998 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is so weird.
First and above all else, it's the messiest mascara I've ever used. The "spoon-shaped" brush is RIDICULOUS - all it does it gather gobs of wet mascara on the concave side of the "spoon", which you then have to wipe off on the side of the tube (or on a kleenex, which means you'll be throwing away 50% of what's in the tube).
The whole brush just collects WAY too much product and not enough of it is wiped off, so you have to thoroughly wipe the whole thing down before you can finally use the wand. Fun! Sigh. For me, even when I'm being careful and taking my time in the morning, this means mascara on my hands, the outside of the tube, mascara everywhere. The opening of the tube I have is absolutely caked with mascara runoff. Not cute.

The thing is: once you get past the terrible packaging and the inconvenient mess: this is actually a good mascara. Really dark black, not too clumpy (if you spend the time carefully wiping off all the excess, like I said), and on me it really does lengthen. Nothing miraculous, but it's good!
It just sucks that the rest of the concept is so horrible that realistically I'll never re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an okey mascara. It didn't do anything spectacular with my lashes, it was just fine. I didn't like the brush at first, but I got used to it. Really doesn't remember anything more about it - but maybe that's just another proof that it is nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by GliztyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I used it and i loved it!! Then, after 3 uses, it got my lashes spidy-like, and does NOT look like false lashes. I do not recommend this product at all!!!! The advertising is basically, FALSE! (see what i did there, false, and false mascara?) hahaha!!! :) anyways i prefer Revlon Grow Lucious, and an added bonus is that Revlon is not tested on animals, while Maybeliine, IS :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing mascara if you're looking for length and volume! Not for the faint at heart or if you don't want your lashes to "pop". I definitely recommend this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A better name for Falsies would have been Spidies...because this thin, smeary mascara gives my lashes that spikey spider effect every time I use it. My lashes look stuck together, ridiculously long and way too separated. And I never understand those curved brushes! I know some people swear by them, but I find them awkward and time-consuming to use. The only positive thing I can say is that is washes off easily with regular cleanser. I don't know...maybe I'm just spoiled by the awesomeness that is Cover Girl Volume Exact. For me, the only thing false about Falsies is the ridiculous claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissDemeter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a decent mascara. I got blackest black (as I always do,) and it produced a very dramatic look. My lashes were very black, very curved and very long. It looked great! My only complaint was that it flakes. A lot. I would probably buy this again, but not for an everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I just want everyone to know that it def does not give u a false lash look, but it does lenghthen curl and multiply my lashes. For me its best to do only 2 coats. The 3rd will cause it to clump like crazy. I love this mascara though, will def buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara quite a bit. The brush is nice and full. I do have to wipe the excess mascara off the wand before using it, but it gives me nice full eyelashes. Does it look like false lashes? Of course not, but it does a pretty good job. I don't have problems with clumping, but there is occasional flaking by the end of the day. Overall a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

The first time I used this product it did nothing for me. It couldn't hold a curl and weighed my lashes down. I hated the smell. After 3 months I went back to it and I don't know what happened but now I really like it. I have straight Asian lashes that are medium length. I need all the help I can get! I curl my lashes and then work this stuff into the roots of my lashes like the base and make sure it's good in there and then wiggle it through my lashes. It holds a curl. The good thing about this is that you can put as many coats of it on and it doesn't clump but that also makes it hard to get volume. This is a better drugstore mascara but does not volumize well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by heatherlanee

I am really jealous that this worked for other people because I have long eye lashes and I just wanted thickness (like this product advertises) but I did NOT get that.. I got long, skinny, scraggly, ugly lashes that look ed way to far seperated.. This product was not good for me, and normally I like Maybelline mascara!