November 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder made me breakout. Nothing major but very small bumps on my face. I also noticed that it has a tiny amount of shimmer in it which is not something I look for in an oil control powder. The packaging was a bit annoying and bulky but the color selection was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay...I have to give this powder a perfect score. This is only the third powder I have ever used in my life, however. After using a moisturizer, my face tends to be shiny, so I decided to buy a powder to use along with it. The first powder that I bought was the Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder. Man...what a freakin waste of money. ((Read my review for it if you're planning on buying it!!)) It went straight to the garbage. Anyways, I went powder hunting again. I considered CoverGirl's Clean Fragrance-Free Pressed Powder. It didn't match my skintone whatsoever and it didn't control shine. Then one day, I stumbled upon the Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder reviews and decided to give it a shot. At the store, it was sorta difficult choosing the shade. I am a total beginner at this skin-tone-matching stuff. I went with the color, Ivory, Light 2-3. I was hesitant about choosing that shade however, because I thought it would look much too light. It was a perfect match when I put it on! It looks shimmery in the little flippy case, but it turns out very matte on your face. I couldn't stop touching my forhead after I put it on. (I only put powder on my t-zone for shine control). My skin felt soooo smooth! The little suede puff feels nice on your face as well. The case took me a while to open...since I'm a blonde at heart. =] Once you get the hang of how to open it, it's a breeze to work. There is only one problem with it however. Many people complain that this powder causes them to break out. But it's non-comedogenic and doesn't clog pores as well. It's also oil-free. How can it cause break outs? My face is acne-prone and sensitive, yet I my skin doesn't get breakouts or irritation from this! Lucky me. =] If it does cause you acne...try wearing a blemish-healing concealer underneath. I use Almay Clear Complexion Concealer so that the acne doesn't flare up under the make-up. The powder really does work well if you use it properly!! So overall, this is my HG Pressed Powder. Without it, my face feels naked. I will most definitely buy thing powder again. For only $8, this is a bargain. Probably one of Maybelline's best products. I highly recommend this powder!! So go out and buy it!! =]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mhm_megan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this product about two months ago, and i haven't had any problems with it at all. sometimes, yeah i did get somewhat shiny, but it wasn't bad at all. it covered nicely and was really light on my face. i really liked the packaging. i'll probably keep the mirror part. i would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this powder when I first bought it. It's very matte, looks natural, feels feather light, and is so inexpensive. I was never sure about the packaging, but I use a brush to apply and a seperate light-up compact mirror for touch ups, so I didn't really have to deal with the strange compact. For a few weeks, I adored this and would have given it five lippies, but then, strangely enough, I started to get shiny every day. I have very dry skin and I never experience any problems with shine, so this freaked me out - Until one day I went without makeup and my face didn't shine at all. The next day I skipped the powder and had the same results. I don't know why or how, but this was making my face oily, and I even got a few red bumps from it. It appears to be pretty popular with most, but you couldn't pay me to wear it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hannah16

i just bought this product a week or so ago because my covergirl was looking cakey and breaking me out, which almost never happens. and even after like, 30 minutes, would be all shiney. and it made my forehead look weird, which really bothers me. oh well, moving on, this is much better. i just wore that today and no foundation and my skin is fine. i put it on a few hours ago and my skin isn't oily, and i feel like if i reapplied it my forehead would still look fine. (you know how it looks cakey kind've? drives me insane...) but for now, this is much better, and also matches my skin really good. i'd reccomend it to someone. FOR NOW. i'll update if it seems to change, or breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

This is definitely a keeper! The quality of this product is much better than the HE brands that I have tried and I have tried them all. It has a great staying power that could be attributed to the finely milled ingredients. Basically, it gets absorbed without clogging the pores. The coverage is excellent. If it is worn over liquid foundation, it will make your skin look flawless. Great job, Maybelline!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I 2nd the review below :( I really, really wanted this to work for me, but it made me break out badly. Not little zits either, I'm taking painful cystic ones that are seeming to linger forever. Other than that though this powder seemed really nice. I used a fluffy brush to apply so it went on sheer, and it blended with my skin perfectly without looking powdery. It did not control oil as well as I'd hoped, but nothing ever does. I think it did do a bit better than a regular powder would though. If you aren't acne prone I can see this being a really great cheap powder to use, but if you are; beware.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

What breaks me out is the Mineral oil...why oh why did Maybelline have to put Mineral oil in this powder??!?!?! I LOVE this powder but cannot wear it....if you can, I applaud you, as it is amazing!!!!! Great coverage, great color range and so silky and perfect....wish I could wear it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

Oh, how I wanted to like this powder. I purchased in the lightest shade. The packaging was a little strange with its swivel opening and not being able to flip the compact open. My first few days with this powder looked great, it took the shine away and my skin looked smooth, however, after no other changes I began to break out terribly in places I never break out so I stopped this and they stopped. All in all this is a decent powder, but beware there must be lots of silicones which led to zits! for reference my skin is combonation/oily t-zone.
    edit: I am trying this again, so far loving it, but waiting to see if I break out, I thought maybe it was something else besides the powder. we will see!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE 3/6/09: Official HG status!
    Original review: Like many other reviewers, I too was pleasantly surprised with this product! I think the coverage is pretty good for a powder, and the Sand color was a perfect match for my skin tone. I tried the Cream color as well, but it did not seem to have as good of coverage and did not control oil as well, weird.... No break-outs, and it does a fairly decent job keeping my oily skin at bay. I am one of the few who thinks the packaging is pretty cool! Applies perfectly with a large kabuki brush.
    MAYBELLINE NEW YORK