Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 9/1/2003 3:58:00 PM

Usually I don't wear mascara, but I heard some raves from a friend, so I bought this *just in case*. I tried it the other day and I don't like it. My lashes looked very clumpy and fake. It *did* seem to lengthen quite a bit, to the point where it annoyed me because they hit my glasses every time I blinked. That's not a good thing for me, but for girls with shorter lashes, this definitely seemed to lengthen well. Overall, I give this one two thumbs down and I wouldn't repurchase. I have to comb through my lashes after every application to get a decent look and I don't have the patience for that at this price.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara (I use the GWP formula). It does such a beautiful job of separating, defining, and lengthening my lashes and it holds a curl very well. It doesn't smudge, budge, clump, or produce a "spider" effect on my lashes and it lasts the whole day. Love, love, love it!

on 8/28/2003 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i loooove this mascara! after looking at shamrocked's pics i had to get it! and let me tell you, my lashes look just like hers when i put this stuff on! it's gives me incredibly sexy "bedroom" eyes. sooo expensive but worth it since no other mascara has done what this does for me. my hg!

on 8/27/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my very favorite mascara that I always go back to. Best I've ever used. Awesome stuff.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this and was eager to try it after all of the rave reviews. After trying it, it seems like a pretty good mascara, but definitely isn't for me. I thought it lengthened and separated my lashes incredibly well, but it did nothing to make them look less thin or sparse. If anything, the definition almost seemed to make my lashes' sparseness even more obvious. So if I had thick, fantasy lashes, maybe this would be the mascara for me, but since I don't I think I'll just pass.

on 8/26/2003 6:21:00 PM

I did not like this product at all. It made my eyelashes look messy and clumpy, and it was hard to apply. It just didn't want to go on smoothly. I love Lancome products, but I would *not* recommend this mascara.

on 8/23/2003 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. The texture is so natural, it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet it defines and lengthens lashes exactly as it claims to do. I was so happy I tried this and would definitely buy again.

on 8/22/2003 2:03:00 PM

I have this in a GWP size, which I know is not always indicative of how the full-size product will be, especially with regard to the brush. At any rate, this was a good mascara, but nothing that IMHO justifies its large price tag. It lengthens only marginally, and for my taste, thickens a bit *too* much. I can see how the formula would get clumpy quickly, too. The mascara is heavy, so my lashes sagged a bit, but it didn't smudge, smear or flake. Having tried mascaras that perform just as well or better for far less money, I wouldn't spring for the full-size of Definicils.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a decent mascara which separates and coats my lashes nicely/evenly. It's a very natural wearing mascara (no clumps/spidery effects), but I noticed no true difference than I would have seen by using a drugstore mascara. I don't think this product is worth the $$$. It's very average. I do buy Lancome's Flextencils, however ~ that is my all time HG mascara !

on 8/18/2003 5:33:00 PM

i honestly don't know why so many rave about this product. it didn't do anything but darken my lashes. i must admit its the most beautiful shade, and it doesn't smudge, flake, or clump. BUT to pay 21 dollars for something that simply darkens my lashes?? not me, i returned it the day after i bought it.