November 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pdmum3

This was my every day mascara for about a year. I think its great, it makes lashes look full and natural. i've just found something better for me (too faced lash injection). This mascara is a nice black colour, the wand is big and it took some getting used too, but now i prefer it. This really thickens without looking clumpy. The only problem i found with this mascara is that on hot days it would leave black smudges under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Doireann

I used to really like this product. The first couple of times I used it I really loved the coverage it gave on my lashes. Was nice and thick and dramatic.However, after a couple of weeks it has become clumpy on the brush, impossible to put on, panda eyes, the works really! I know it is not out of date yet as I only got it in May and to be honest I am so disappointed that it has aged so poorly. Surely something which is quite expensive should last better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by vs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara. It really has a dramatic effect on my short, straight, sparse black eyelashes; it makes them look full, long, and thick. I have slept in this mascara before and have had minimal smudging. Despite trying other mascaras, I always come back to this one. That being said, I really don't think that mascara is an item for which reviews are useful, because the way it wears is so dependent on your own skin type/oiliness etc. I raved about this mascara so much that my sister-in-law ran out to buy it -- and gave it to me two days later. Even though I can wear this mascara for twenty-four hours and still look good, she had crazy smudgy racoon eyes after only a few hours! All I can say is go to Sephora, apply the sample, and wear it for a day before you make a decision, because that's the only way to really know which mascara will work well for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

The bulky brush is a bit hard to use and takes some time to work at getting the mascara onto my lashes. It does keep lashes separate and doesn’t clump. It doesn’t hold a curl and it flakes off during the day. Buy something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Lisewatier27

After hearing so much hype and raves about this product I just had to try it! I paid $25+ (CAD) and I definitely did not get my money's worth. I am a mascaraholic and I am always trying to find that perfect mascara or combination of mascaras to make my eyes pop. This product seemed to be ok the first week. It didn't really give me that dramatic look I was hoping for. It nicely coated my lashes - like a nice gal not a bad gal. I was fairly disappointed! I work long hours and do extensive physical training each day and this mascara did not last with me throughout the day. The first time I wore this mascara out on a Saturday night by the end of the night my eyelashes looked very simple - nothing big and dramatic. I would not waste my money on this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really did want this mascara to work for me, I really did. After seeing my sister look absolutely stunning with this mascara on(all my sister ever does use is concealer, mascara and eyeliner), I went out and bought it.
I felt so giddy to try it, thinking that this might just be that wonder mascara I've been looking for and sadly it didn't live up to the hype and my expectations.

Instead of thickening, it just clumped all my lashes together making them feel very heavy and not looking very nice either. It also has a bad tendency to smudge when worn on lower lashes and also from time to time on upper lashes too. Plus for the price tag, it seemed to dry up in the tube really quickly.
I was really disappointed, and sadly after about half an hour the voluminizing effects of the mascara just seem to wear off making my lashes feel heavy and gloopy again. I also found the large brush to be quite clumsy to use, and the formula itself to be very thick, making it hard for me to apply just one coat.

I was just really very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mhilary

I was all hyped to try this from the great reviews and awesome brush but to my disapointment this mascara merely coated my lashes with dye. it didn't add volume at all!!! this mascara would be OK if marketed as a lash darkener but did not meet its marketing campaign standards at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by yknufgorf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright,
this is the only review you're going to need about this product. I will tell it like it is.
First, I like everyone, am on the lifelong hunt for the perfect marcara
Second, I was SO excitted about Badgal lash because I'd heard so many amazing things, My hopes were sky high

It was expensive. (almost 20.00 at sephora)
I tried it and
I was so dissappointed
WOW- the brush is so HUGE-it's really hard to get the inside lashes and a little awkward

Pros- doesn't clump-darkens-
Cons-minimal volume-barely any length-EXPENSIVE-let down-flakey

I have naturally thick and big lashes and this did nothing to excentuate any of that.

I really wish I had my twenty bucks back.
I will return to using Full n' Soft by Maybelline-much better choice

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mistressoasisgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The mascara SMUDGED on me so bad! The worst was one time it did it right after I put it on! I think it is overally priced and its quality is of a drugstore to me for $18 and I rather get the covergirl lash blast, MAC mascara X, or l'oreal telescopic anyday over this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After visiting a Benefit counter the sales assistant raved about this mascara and seconds later I bought it!!! I have to say this mascara really does open and transorm my eyes. I really like it 'cos.....

PROS - Does not make your eyelashes hard. Some mascaras can make your eyelashes hard and crusty. This leaves them soft and flexible.

Considering the size of the wand, you can still get to every lash.

Opens up your eyes somehow.

Dont be fooled by the name "bad gal". Its not as extreme as it sounds. Lengthens and volumises. A few coats provides length and definition. Can be built up for a more dramatic look.

Fine for contact lens wearers. Therez no nasty fibers that I can see and does not irritate my eyes.

CONS

Can smudge sometimes so be careful. Sometimes there are a few black smudges under my eyes towards the end of the day but I guess this is caused more by the heat of summer than the mascara itself. Most of the time its fine and my eyes look good.