Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara. I wouldn't have bought it by myself, especially since reading so many critical reviews here. But I got it in a GWP, and unless the GWP version is better for some reason, I will probably buy a full size once I'm out of my sample. It's a more wet consistency rather than creamy which gives me glossy looking true black lashes that hold their curl fine throughout the day and it doesn't budge, smudge smear or flake even now when harsh fall winds are blowing cold in my country making my eyes fill with tears all the time... (soo annoying). But the High Impact has managed to hold up even through that! The brush is well shaped too and easy to work with. It's no super thickening super lenghening formula, but since it holds curl well and also makes lashes look tight and dense I like it's result. I only have two small complaints. One being that the hole in the tub is a bit big and the brush could easily get oversaturated with colour as a result. And my experience is also that the bigger the hole the faster it will dry out. But I haven't seen that yet, so I keep my fingers crossed. The other being that my lashes feel a bit hard and coated, almost like when wearing a waterproof formula. But that may also be the reason it holds up to tears and smearing so well too... Not my HG mascara, (On top of my list there is still a tie between Kanebo's curl formula and Vincent Longo's regular mascara), but definately a candidate for my top five list. UPDATE 2005 11 06: Unfortunately I feel I need to "review" my review on this... After using it everyday since I wrote this, I have noticed the formula is already starting to clump and the brush starting to pick up way too much colour. And also it's performance is not as good as I first thought. It does smear under my eyes some and flake too, and making me look tired after a few hours. So now I'm glad this was just a sample. It's still not bad, (there are far worse mascaras out there), but it has now disappointed me, hence it's knocked of my top five list as of now and also looses one lippie...

It is definitely the worst mascara, I ever had! It clumped my lashes and it is very wet. Looks very unnatural...
I like Clinique mascaras, it does not irritate my sensitive eyes, but this product gross....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this! I would not normally have bought it because I usually prefer lengthening mascaras to thickening. But I got a sample and thought what the heck. I don't think it's all that "high-impact", but it does give me well-defined, longish lashes with a minimum of clumping or flaking. It's more of a clean look than a dramatic one, which is why I'm surprised by the name and advertising copy. But I'll continue to use this excellent mascara, and will probably buy it again.

I have received a number of samples of this and will definitely buy it when I run out. I have very short fine dark eyelashes, and every mascara I have ever used makes them stick together. This is the only one that gives me long separate lashes.

And here's the thing, unbeknown to me, my sister had also been getting free samples and had arrived at the identical conclusion. How's that for a controlled experiment?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this! I had given up trying to find a mascara that would actually make a difference but I got this as a GWP and tried it--WOW! My wimpy, fine lashes look fantastic. I don't have to wear as much liner and shadow now because this gives me such a great look. Also, it lasts all day without budging for some reason--a definite plus. DEFINITELY a re-purchase :-)

My lashes are long but lack volume. I think this product does bulk up my lashes quite a bit n doesnt dry out as quickly as other brands. I think it does an excellent job and would recommend it to people who need to pump the volume of their lashes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have never actually bought this, but keep getting it as part of a GWP in black. This is a really good mascara - I get good lengthening and thickening with this product without it being too gunky. I would buy again - if I ever ran out. One thing - it would be fun if Clinique ever introduced some colours other than black or brown.
EDIT-Jan 14/06-Just found a High Impact mascara in Black Honey and bought it. The colour is fun-I have dark lashes and I like the performance of the mascara.

I'm with a reviewer just below: I think this may be my HG, and that's an accomplishment for me too! I have a GWP size (I wish I knew which awesome swapper sent me this as an extra) in Black 01. I love the way it separates and adds definition. I don't even have to use a lash comb! I apply one coat to the front side, allow that to dry, and apply a coat to the back side. Fortunately I haven't had any trouble with it "migrating" on me, but makeup is different on everyone. If you can get a GWP size, definitely give it a try.

I got this in a GWP and I must say I LOVE this mascara. I will definately purchase this when my little tube is gone. I really like how it separates my eyelashes. I hate that when their all stuck together. I can't believe this doesn't get better reviews.

I love this when I want dramatic lashes. I use the black shade, and it's very dark. it separates and thickens nicely (but it needs a couple coats for full effect). it doesn't clump very much either.

Popular Mascaras