December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by puisza

I got this mascara from a GWP and I'm not sure if I like it. It has a nice colour and I like the thick formula but it does clump up if you apply too much and it doesn't hold curled lashes (at least not my asian lashes). My curled lashes goes flat after applying the mascara. I don't know if it's b/c the formula's too wet or what.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loooove Clinique mascaras, but this is definitely not my favorite (my favorite is lash doubling mascara). It is high impact in terms of color (I have nearly black hair, so it looks really good on me) and length, but it doesn't do much to hold curl and it can get a little clumpy every once in a while. It is very good in terms of waterproofness, though. I'd definitely use it again if I got it as a GWP, but I think I'd actually buy something different.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as an extra in a swap which was a lovely way to try it. Unfortunately although it has a rich black colour, I'm afraid there is not much impact in terms of length, volume or curl plus it gives panda eyes. All in all, no reason whatsoever for you to buy it - there's a number of better mascaras out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best mascara I have tried. I only wish it came in a waterproof formula. I recieved a small tube as a gwp about a year ago and instantly fell in love. It really makes my eyes pop. This mascara is a little pricey, as most ppl say drugstore mascara is just as good ad department store formuas, but with this mascara I beg to differ. I have and will continue to repurchase this product. As a tip, I have found that when it dries out a little, if I add water it works fine and the tube lasts longer. I know you are not supposed to do this, but it works really well with this formula as it seems to thicken quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by colours

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised with this mascara, considering I wasn't expecting much from it in the first place. This product has so many good qualities- the most important being that it truly lives up to its name. It gives alot of definition- alot of volume, drama, even length- to really make your lashes stand out. It also holds a curl very well. I always go for lengthening mascaras due to my unfortunately short lashes, but happened upon this and was very impressed- while I thought it would give hardly any length at all, this worked just as well, even better, than other lengthening m/s. This is definitely not a natural look m/s- it gives alot of "oomph", which I found to be a refreshing change after having only used wimpy m/s in the past. The only con and a weird thing about this is that the bristles of the brush are soft not stiff, so when you start nearing the end of the product, they kinda stick together or actually lie down instead of sticking up, thereby causing some clumpiness.(hence the 4 lippies) But IMHO this m/s is good enough to look past that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 5:54:00 PM More reviews by jellybean36

This is a pretty great mascara. It gives full, curled, and long eyelashes. The colour I picked (darkest one) is nice and dramatic. Its standout area is it's curling potential. True to the name, it does provide high impact. Medium easy to remove, this is a great mascara that I would repurchase again sometime in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by crisco_123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this stuff. It's ok, but it does clump really easily. It looks awesome though if you put an eyelash comb to separate, but don't even think about trying a second coat. You must be skilled to apply this with little clumping. I still use it once in a while, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by VintageSinger

I got this mascara in 01 Black. It gives a nice coverage and covers every lash. Makes your eyes stand out without looking ridiculous. This does clump your lashes some though. Not too bad, but its almost impossible to keep your lashes clump free with a second coat. It still looks good on though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

No impact mascara more like. No volume, no length, just clumps and a bit of colour. Just say no to this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sampayne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried the GWP, and I don't really like it. It clumped, was hard to apply without getting it all over my lid and flaked off and got under my contacts. That's the great thing about GWPs! Won't buy.