Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 7/11/2005 4:25:00 AM

i got this as a GWP, and i really like it a lot, although i think the name is a bit misleading. i actually use this because it lengthens and thickens my lashes minimally, for when i just want a clean, simple look. my other mascara (either loreal voluminous or MF 2000 calorie) definitely adds more *oomph* to my lashes. this is good, a deep black, and doesnt smudge at all. i love the packaging too (simple black tube with silver lettering), but i dont know if thats just a GWP thing. i wouldnt buy it, but thats because i dont like to pay over $10 for mascara.

on 7/10/2005 1:33:00 AM

I was given a sample of this with a recent Clinique purchase. First of all, this clumped terribly, but even when I finished combing out the clumps, I'm not seeing the "high impact". I thought it was very average in terms of lengthening, volumizing or defining. Not recommended.

on 7/9/2005 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had such "high" hopes for this mascara, and I got let down:( Don't get me wrong..it isn't the worst that I've used, but it also isn't the best. It gets super clumpy if I don't blot the wand before every use which is really just a pain in the butt. Also, it does define my lashes, but it really doesn't lengthen much. Overall, it doesn't smear and stays on all day without flaking, but declumping the wand constantly just doesn't work for me. I'm glad I got the GWP size on ebay to try first. I like a mascara that lengthens my lashes more, too. I will use my trial size up b/c it is decent, but I won't repurchase this one.

on 7/6/2005 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Yes, it lengthens, thickens, and curls my lashes, but it also smears and clumps terribly. It even clumps on the wand! I received this as a GWP (twice), but I certainly will not be purchasing.

This is one of the best mascaras I have bought, it gives you lashes voulume and separates them :) I think the price is ok it's not cheap and not too expensive.. I always buy very expensive mascaras like lancome hypnose or YSL, but I wanted to save some money for other things so I bought this one and I really recommend it.. It's the best mascara from clinique.

on 6/30/2005 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It's one of the better ones I have tried. The only complaint is that I kept getting mascara on my eyelid, messing up my shadow. It's the only mascara I have used that that happened alot with, so I figure it's the brush design.

on 6/29/2005 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I received this product in a sample. I have tried it 3 times and it is terrible! It lenghens some but is too thick and clumps some while drying out your lashes to the extreeme! Don't waste your $$ on this.

on 6/28/2005 9:26:00 PM

I really like is mascara but it is expensive. If money weren't an issue I would buy it the all the time. But I love getting minis with my GWPs. I get really dark, lush lashes with this mascara, no flaking, holds curl well. Overall this and the lash doubling one are my favourite non-waterproof mascaras, except for the price.

on 6/28/2005 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was a nice mascara but nothing special. It made my lashes a little more defined and slightly lengthened them, but that was it. It didn't flake or irritate my eyes (and mine are very sensitive and I wear contacts) but it just wasn't that great. It also didn't hold the curl in my lashes very well, within a few hours they looked droopy - the mascara seemed to weigh them down.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I know its hard to believe, but I love this mascara. I have naturally almost black lashes so this just thickens and lengthens them a bit. I apply one coat, curl and then apply another and I'll have beautiful lashes all day. I find it rarely clumps, if it does i just run it under hot water. And its stays on all day and wont smudge if you go to the movies. All in all, i love it and will buy it again.