Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 10/6/2005 5:59:00 PM

This mascara is a pain to put on. I think it might be that huge, full brush just picking up too much goop, but it's really hard to get on my lashes without it looking clumpy. Any attempt to go over it again for a second coat produces the dreaded "spider legs." This is the only mascara I've ever had to use that "wipe the wand off on a tissue" trick for, and a whole lot comes off on the tissue, making it easier to use, but not painless. I still find myself combing and poking and adjusting and that's way more effort than I want to put into mascara. The last mascara I used was Lancome's Hypnose, which rocked my socks, so it was quite a shock to go to this messy gunk. I suspect that once the tube gets a little lower on product it may get better so I'll persevere in trying and may update if necessary. This mascara does have a strong point though, and that's the dark black color. Like another reviewer said, it makes eyeliner optional. It also seems to hold the curl as well as any other mascara, so no problems there.

on 10/5/2005 11:32:00 AM

I love Clinique stuff but this is an exception. Clumps up, doesn't hold up curl (even after using an eye lash curler) and even weighs it down!!! Very disappointing.

on 10/2/2005 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I swapped for a gwp size just to try it, and I absolutely love it! I can't believe it doesn't have better ratings. It makes my lashes appear thicker and longer, and even seems to curl. LOVE IT!

on 9/25/2005 10:10:00 AM

Not completely sure about this one. It didn't thicken and lengthened only a little but the color is amazing. I couldn't get it to build, my eyelashes stuck together in clumps and trying to separate them with a comb just pulled the mascara off. So I use this (very,very lightly) over my Max Factor to add more color when I want really dramatic lashes. The effect is amazing but I don't have time to bother with doing that everyday so I probably won't repurchase.

on 9/23/2005 7:43:00 PM

don't like it at all. it didn't lengthen, volume or curl, to make it worse, it weighs down my lashes even after I curled them. i got this as a gift and that's the only thing I am happy about.

on 9/19/2005 6:12:00 PM

I love this mascara. It thickens, lengthens and darkens. The formula is very wet, so BEWARE.I haven't experienced any clumping (when used properly)or smudging (unless I fall asleep in it) Other than that, this stuff rocks!

on 9/16/2005 3:59:00 PM

This is an okay product, nothing special about it really, you just have to know how to put the right amount on or else it will get really thick and clumpy. Other than that, it lasts long and it's really dark, but i wish it was more water proof = S

on 9/11/2005 12:22:00 PM

This mascara made my lashes waaaaaay too clumpy! The clups even stuck when I used a lash comb. I like quick, simple mascaras for every day. If I spend tons of time on my eyes, perhaps this would look better.

Got it as a sample(thankgod), and this stuff is AWFUL! It clumps and weights my lashes down.

on 9/10/2005 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you already have a mascara that you like then you don't necessarily need to rush out and get this one. It gets points for giving some length and some volume. The wear was really good--no streaks or running or 'coon eyes by day's end. However, it is noticeably difficult to remove. I took off 2 lippies for it being so hard to take off. This is $13.50 on the Clinique website; I am glad I got this as a sample as part of a GWP. Which is a good way to try it out before you get a full-size tube. It's not a HG for me. EDIT: I hate this mascara. I recently tried a GWP sized tube, and the formula is so wet, it flattened a fresh curl in my lashes. I think this stuff is as bad as Maybelline Great Lash. I got no length, no volume, but a lot of clumps. This is going straight into the garbage can, and I will stick with my Cover Girl Thick Lash or Lash Exact from now on.