April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

Nothing impressive about this mascara. The color is nice and black, but the formula is simply too wet and clumpy on my lashes. I tried to comb them out with my lash comb, but it made a huge mess -- blech! Thankfully it was just a GWP, and I ended up giving it to a friend anyway (who didn't feel squirmish about using already-used mascara...). She thought it was decent however, and it didn't clump on her as badly as it did on me, so that's why I'm giving it 2 lippies. Try the Naturally Glossy Mascara if you want a really good one, but otherwise, pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glad I got this as a GWP, cause this is a thoroughly mediocre mascara. The thickening and lengthening were ok (not sure which it's actually supposed to do), but the smudging at the end of the day - YIKES! Definitely would not buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2005 8:23:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After months of using this about twice a week and now that I own a 5x magnifying mirror, my initial opinion that this is a reasonable mascara has changed to: this is an excellent mascara! I can see that it remains smooth and doesn't deposit little mascara balls on my lashes as, for instance, my still beloved Voluminous does. The black is a true deep black and darkens and gently upsweeps my lashes with very few strokes, and it doesn't smudge. My preference is for a skinnier brush a la Lancome Definicils but I'm used to the High Impact brush now and this is definitely one I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KatieSix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A good mascara overall; however, I can't tell much of a difference between this and Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara (my normal everyday mascara). It does the job for me and never clumps, but if you're looking for dramatic volume or length, you may want to look elsewhere. If Naturally Glossy were discontinued or out of stock, this would be my second choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by whengophersgobad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered the greatness of this mascara when I left my makeup at my friends house and had to use my moms. She uses this, and after putting it on my eyelashes they looked AMAZING. Especially paired with an eyelash curler. I love this I NEEED to get some of my own. SOON.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:25:00 PM More reviews by angela5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked pretty well. It really coats your lashes, no need for re-application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thickened pretty well, lengthening was not that bad either, kept the curl, easy to clean, a little clumpy and no flakes. But it gets way too messy and smudges too often against my cheek. In that way, it made this pretty decent mascara worse. Will not repurchase and am giving my GWPs to friends now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2005 8:58:00 AM More reviews by little_kid

i didn't liked this mascara.It didn't really do anything to my lashes, and it smudge easily=(,really disapointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by peeblo

My regular mascara is Clinique's curling mascara. I really like this one--it's a bit more dramatic than the curling, but my eyes are small and can use all the help they can get, so that's a plus in my book. The only thing I've noticed about this one in comparison to the curling mascara is that this one sometimes does come off a bit under my eyes by the end of the day, and the curling mascara never does. UPDATE: I've been liking this mascara more and more. It really opens up my small eyes and it seems to not be smudging any more. I curl my lashes, then apply this by wiggling the brush at the lashes base. It looks great and I will definitely be repurchasing. SECOND UPDATE: I love this so much now, I am upping to 5 lipsticks. It looks great even at the end of the day. I'm not sure why I had an earlier problem with smudging, that doesn't happen any more.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2005 7:41:00 AM More reviews by tzinet

A Total waste of money. I have paid less with better results! It just made my eyelashes and look more messy!