July 29, 2014 | 1454 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Pnko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDITED: Looks like you have to use the product for a while before you make a review about it!

Ok..It's really good.Although I may have gotten the wrong shade, my cheeks look like they're made of porcelain.

The packaging isn't really smart.It looks pretty but it doesn't help you keep the product germ free.

NEW edit: I think I'm addicted to it.I change the lippies from 4 to 5 because it is REALLY good...I hope they don't change the formula because I will repurchase and I don't want to get disappointed..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! Doesn't look heavy or cakey i'm still looking for my HG but this is the closest I have to finding a great foundation! Check this one out ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

This is definitely my HG foundation for a night out, dinner dates, and other occassions! After a night out of dancing (and sweating), my face looks the same as it did when I left the house! Other than the excellent staying power, it is also good for its oil control. I never have to blot my face or even think of checking up on my foundation :)

The price is quite steep, but it's totally worth it. It can be a little difficult to remove at the end of the night, but make sure you do wash the foundation off thoroughly, or else you WILL wake up with a few new pimples! I wouldn't recommend this as an everyday foundation, as it can be a little heavy. I use mineral foundation for the daytime!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by yupitsmeaj

First of all, I have combination skin, acne scars, and acne. My face is pale and my acne is red, so I need good coverage. I have been using Make Up For Ever Duo Mat, which I LOVE, but I wanted to try a liquid foundation just to change things up. I bought Chanel Mat Lumiere, hated it, and returned it the next day and bought this instead. The SA matched my skin perfectly after I emphasized that I hate being matched with a dark foundation and going home to find my face looking blotchy and dirty.This foundation gives me the great coverage I was looking for and it's runny, so it spreads really well. It feels light. I applied it with the MAC 190 brush after moisturizing and it looks great. I would use a light powder just to set it if you want a matte finish. The only draw back is that I wish it had a pump. Don't buy this if you want a sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This formula in "Sand" would've been perfect - great coverage and staying power. I thought I'd found my HG foundation until I saw what I looked like in photos!!! I had to switch to another foundation immediately. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I love this foundation. It gives excellent coverage but does not feel like I'm wearing a "mask" on my face. This foundation goes on easily and once on it stays put. I have gone tubing before with this foundation on and it did not budge. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and it has not caused me any problems. A little pricey but well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie

This is a great product if you need good coverage. The MA suggested I use a foundation brush but I find that a sponge works just as well. I am a redhead with pale skin and I have trouble finding shades that do not look too pink or too orange. Ecru matches my skin perfectly. I used this foundation when I was going through a period of some nasty breakouts for a few years. My job can be very physical and this makeup definitely stays put throughout swear and tears. One of the downfalls that I have noticed with this foundation is that my face appears ghost-white in pictures. Also, you need to be sure to apply plenty of moisturizer and let it set in for a good five minutes before applying Double Wear. I can see why this is too much makeup for some. If you don't need much coverage but want something with just as much staying power I would recommend Double Wear Light. I still have a bottle of the regular Double Wear but I find that it is useful as a concealer when I have a blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ahensley0024

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I have found...and believe me...I have tried several. I have oily skin so generally with other foundations by the end of the work day there is no foundation left on my face. This foundation holds up well, I do have to reapply powder throughout the day to my Tzone due to oiliness, but that is nothing new for me. I gave the packaging a 4 because it does not come with a pump, but you can purchase individual pumps from MAC for a few dollars, and they fit this bottle. A little goes a long way, one pump is more than enough to do my entire face. When I originally bought this foundation the MUA swatched a couple different colors on my skin and selected one that was a little darker than what I would have chosen, but It looked ok on at the time so I took her word and purchased it. I wore it for about a week but just wasn’t happy with it, I found it a tad too dark, it left me looking orange. I put it in my vanity drawer, and went back to Revlon colorstay. Once I finished my bottle of Revlon, I got the Estee Lauder back out and called the counter I purchased it at to see if I could exchange it for another shade, they were extremely helpful and told me to come back to the counter and they would help me. They took the old bottle back and let me choose a new shade, I ended up with cool shell, the lightest shade they carry. They even gave me a gift with purchase (even though I was just exchanging my foundation) for my trouble. I have been wearing this shade for over 6 months and still have half a bottle left. I love it! I would recommend it to anyone. The only complaints I have are the price, and the bottle doesn’t come with a pump, but both are things I can live with for such a great foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought i was going to love this product after all the positive reviews... but it just isn't for me. Double Wear promises you a flawless face all day long that will not smudge or crease. And, while i didn't like the product much i had both pros and cons.
Pros:
The color matched great. Usually SA's at the makeup counter are horrible with matching your skin tone... and the lady was certain i was darker than i am, but i am so pale. So, i asked her to give me the lightest shades in N, W and C. Cool Shell definitely looked the best. Finally no orange face. I asked her for a sample, and used it as my foundation the next day...

Pros:
Color look great
At first application it does look flawless
Texture is nice and liquidy (which is what i prefer) so it goes on smooth

However, a few hours later...

Cons:
My face was a slick, shiny and oily mess. OMG. I had to run to the bathroom to use an oil blot paper. Then, not even 2 hours later, again... super oily. And, i have combo skin. I don't know if it is some kind of reaction, but wow...
It was streaky. Smeared when i barely rubbed my face.
Started to look like i never put foundation on...

I don't want to seem like i HATED this foundation, because i didn't. I really liked it. But, i think i'd only wear it if i was doing something for 2 hours, then could take the makeup off ASAP, or no one would see me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the closest to HG that I've come so far. My pale yellow-toned skin is difficult to match, and the shade called "Bone" matches it perfectly. My oily T-zone eats foundation for lunch; while most foundations are either a greasy mess or completely gone after three hours, this one stays on. I took off one lippie because it can get cakey - it's very thick, so I use just a little bit, but it still cakes and sticks to dry patches if I'm not careful (I tried DW Light, but the lightest shade is too dark for me). However, for a stay-put foundation that matches my weird skin tone, Double Wear is certainly worth it. The only way I'll switch from this is if Revlon introduces a Colorstay shade that's pale and yellow enough (Buff is just too ashy and dark). Til then, it's DW for me.