April 16, 2014 | 2035 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought i was going to love this product after all the positive reviews... but it just isn't for me. Double Wear promises you a flawless face all day long that will not smudge or crease. And, while i didn't like the product much i had both pros and cons.
Pros:
The color matched great. Usually SA's at the makeup counter are horrible with matching your skin tone... and the lady was certain i was darker than i am, but i am so pale. So, i asked her to give me the lightest shades in N, W and C. Cool Shell definitely looked the best. Finally no orange face. I asked her for a sample, and used it as my foundation the next day...

Pros:
Color look great
At first application it does look flawless
Texture is nice and liquidy (which is what i prefer) so it goes on smooth

However, a few hours later...

Cons:
My face was a slick, shiny and oily mess. OMG. I had to run to the bathroom to use an oil blot paper. Then, not even 2 hours later, again... super oily. And, i have combo skin. I don't know if it is some kind of reaction, but wow...
It was streaky. Smeared when i barely rubbed my face.
Started to look like i never put foundation on...

I don't want to seem like i HATED this foundation, because i didn't. I really liked it. But, i think i'd only wear it if i was doing something for 2 hours, then could take the makeup off ASAP, or no one would see me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the closest to HG that I've come so far. My pale yellow-toned skin is difficult to match, and the shade called "Bone" matches it perfectly. My oily T-zone eats foundation for lunch; while most foundations are either a greasy mess or completely gone after three hours, this one stays on. I took off one lippie because it can get cakey - it's very thick, so I use just a little bit, but it still cakes and sticks to dry patches if I'm not careful (I tried DW Light, but the lightest shade is too dark for me). However, for a stay-put foundation that matches my weird skin tone, Double Wear is certainly worth it. The only way I'll switch from this is if Revlon introduces a Colorstay shade that's pale and yellow enough (Buff is just too ashy and dark). Til then, it's DW for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by babybear0427

I love love love this foundation!! I've been using it for 3 yrs now. I use Tawny and need full coverage so this was just perfect. I have oily skin but never broke out from it. I simply cannot live without it! =]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff! I came back to this recently after trying it a couple years ago and straying to Merle Norman (which I love and still use!!) EL Doublewear has a better range of fair colors for my wintertime skin than MN. I find the shades Bone, Shell, and Linen all work well on my NC15-20 skin. Best recommendation for this: don't use too much. Seriously, very little is needed to cover EVERYTHING. And use on top of a good moisturizer. Remove with a good makeup remover, not just soap! I just Clinique Take The Day Off Balm. It's nice and thick and dissolves the makeup well. This is a very nice foundation :) I have repurchased and will again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Marsha0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I've tried!!! All you need is to find a good moisturiser to work with it. I have normal to dry skin, and with a good moisturiser this foundation works the best, the secret is to apply it right after you applied moisturizer, don't let the moisturizer to absorb too much. You don't need to use a lot of this foundation, I just put a very small amount and pat it with my fingers rather than using foundation brush. Who said it does not look natural? Looks very natural on me, I don't use any powder to follow, only some blush. Find a good, right for you colour and a good moisturiser, use a SMALL AMOUNT of this foundation and you will love it just as much as I do. My advice would be to annoy SA with asking for samples of a few different colours as I did. I actually had to go to a few EL counters before I got all the colours I wanted to try. Don't let an SA to convince you to try it there at shop because they don't have samples of this color, it never works!
Anyway, I found that Bone, Ecru and even Fresco look just great on my fair to medium (more fair than medium) skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by martas777

Ok. I've been in love with this foundation for ages. However my skin is somehow dryer lately and this foundation doesn't look that great on me as it used to so I had to search for other options. I believe this would be HG for people with oily or very oily skin. It would look awful and cakey when you have normal or dry skin so don't waste your money on this. I am sure it will be my HG when my skin gets very oily again. For now I've discovered another great and cheaper foundation which is Rimmel Lasting Finish:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Mai93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does work wonders on oily/combination skin. The coverage is superb, especially when applied with a stippling brush. My only fault with this product is the fact it makes me look like a ghost in flash photography. However, i combat this problem by mixing a tiny amount of a darker Illamasqua foundation with the double wear to reduce the whiteness. It lasts all day, but you will need to powder every now and then if you don't wear primer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly don't know if I will buy this again, but there's a chance.

This was my staple HG foundation for years... like from the ages of 19-26. But, more recently I have explored other options b/c it is like liquid cement n I feel guilty about wearing it. Plus, it will contribute to breakouts. My skin is normal and neither excessively oily nor dry, but I feel this sucks the life out of my skin. The finish is BEAUTIFUL. It REALLY lasts. I do love this, but know that it is bad for my skin. I'm not always faithful about removing my makeup before bed! Shame on me...

If you are really dry, EWWW. This will look baaaad. I saw it on this chick once who was dry and it looks awful. But, it had looked great on me for years.
I recommend it for oily people who are faithful about removing their makeup at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by XniamhX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Its my current foundation. I have wasted so much money on dirt foundations until I came across this. It is the best foundation out there. It has great coverage and looks really good when applied. You need to use moisteriser under it though. I apply it in the morning and I never have to top up during the day. It doesnt need to be set with loose powder as it is a really good long lasting makeup. I would recomend this foundation to any one. Its expensive though, 34. but well worth it. It doesnt make your skin greasy or oily. There are lots of colours to choose from

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by deypherus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS. After trying so many drugstore and non drugstore foundation
eg. Maybelline dream matte mousse, maxfactor second skin, makeupforever hd foundation, clinque foundation , etc.
firstly GREAT STAYING POWER. great coverage. makes my skin look flawless albeit a bit doll like !
hey but nothing to blame. does not look like i'm having 10cm of makeup like MUFE HD Foundation which oxidises and costs twice the price I paid for this... I had a clinque foundation which i thought was good but somehow gave me break outs...
I'm staying with this foundation!! <33

Edit: Giving it a lower rating of 4 now. BECAUSE THIS FOUNDATION DOES NOT GO ON WELL WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS!! try putting any other concealer, or liquid base color corrector, anything liquid based and this product starts to CAKEEE badly. :(