December 22, 2014 | 1191 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Quenched, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss and Grapevine. I have different opinions on all of them. First off, I LOVE Pink Punch. I have a hard time pulling off barbie pink lippies because they make me look like a clown, but this is the perfect balance of balm to lipstick for me. This gives me those Nicki Minaj pink lips without looking crazy. I bought a back up tube of this.
Quenched has pretty good slip, but is not the best lip balm out there. I like seeing the tube in my purse and it helps rehydrate my lips over lipstick that has dried out. I wouldn't buy it again only because I have a million lip balms already that can do the job.
Peach Kiss was useless so I brought it back. It has NO pigment. It felt kind of grainy, hardly any slip at all.
Grapevine really isn't pigmented enough for me. I don't see any purple tone in it. It's more like a sheer berry color for me. I might use it over my darker lipsticks that are too dry. I wouldn't purchase this one again.

So, YMMV depending on which one you get, but how can you deny the cuteness of the tube?!? It makes me smile when I see it and feel all girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like mine. I have it in Grape Vine and it's such a nice hint of color. It's not overly scented or flavored which is fine with me. I've had Dr. Pepper lip balm in the past and that stuff is way too scented and flavored for something that I apply as often as I do. I'm not averse to scents or flavors but the Dr. Pepper balm was just too much after a while. This lip balm is, so far, perfect for adding a hint of color and moisture without being overpowering on the scent, flavor or color. I'll be getting other colors to try and, for sure, will repurchase the Grape one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by chelsie614

just bought a couple of these a week ago, and so far I have no complaints. My lips were nasty chapped and peeling and since I've been using them, they're looking much better...no more peeling and they're super smooth. Not loving the packaging so much, the lid tends to fall off in my purse =/

EDIT: Dropping this down to 1 lippie. This was really great at first, made my lips nice and smooth. But after a few weeks my lips started getting more dry and chapped than they were before I started using this balm. I stopped using it and my lips started to heal up. I don't recommend this to anyone now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ashton

Yeah the packaging is cute, but the chap stick itself is terrible. Didn't really help my lips out at all. I guess it's okay to wear under lipstick but I'd never buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Pros:
-Cute packaging
-The tinted lip balm is actually just a tint of color, instead of being practically a lipstick.
-The balm isn't sticky.
-The scents are really nice.

Cons:
-They're almost flavorless

Overall, I didn't think this lip balm was anything special. I've used better lip balms before. I did really like the color, scents, and packaging, but I would probably buy C.G. Bigelow before this one (unless I need a cheaper alternative).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Death2Ruby

I tried this product in cherry. It made my lips very red and glossy looking, kinda like a polished red apple. I liked the smell but the red color got on everything that came near my mouth (I was blowing my nose with a tissue and realized the bottom of the tissue was red from the balm!!!) Also, this left a stain on my lips, which I didn't mind.

Personally the color was too bright for me so I won't be repurchasing. I might try a clear one though because these are so cheap! I got it for 3 bucks at walmart. If you're looking for something fun and fruity to try then this fits the bill, otherwise I would stick to good old vaseline or burts bees for keeping your lips moisturized :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT!! Does what it says moisturizes without being gross and greasy.....love the smell and I would definitely buy it again. I have it in quenched.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

I'm disappointed in this one. It looked so cool in the ads, but then first off, the packaging is the cheapest I've ever used. I think Wet 'n' Wild even has better packaging. This is super flimsy, but looks cute from a distance. I got it in peppermint and it's clear. It doesn't taste like anything much. I wish it had a nicer and more natural, stronger peppermint flavor. It does make lips soft, but not sure it lives up to its promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked that this had spf but this balm tastes awful. Also, it bleeds, slides around on my lips and is not very moisturizing. Cute packaging and great price but I would not repurchase. I liked the new Revlon Lip Butters so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

Omg! I love this balm! Maybelline has been one of my new favorite brands. This lip balm is SOOO smooth and smells so good! I have it in every scent and color but Quenched Baby is my favorite and it makes my lips so "baby soft!" I use it as a base for my lipstick and it's perfect. Usually lipstick dries my lips but this keeps them so moisturized and soft for hours. Definitely will buy so many more of these - especially in the other colors. Quenched Baby is clear and shiny. Amazing lip balm and only about $3 at Walmart! Also, the stick is SUPER long so it lasts a long time.

UPDATE: I've realized that this balm has a HORRID taste. The others are okay but Quenched Baby starts to taste like disgusting chemicals.