October 26, 2014 | 939 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AlleySinkWink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I really like the packaging. That's probably the best thing about it, though the name is kind of...tacky, almost, haha. I got the red one... Cherry something.

If you look at the ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing as normal Chapstick brand chapstick. I have to reapply fairly often, if I don't it leaves my lips feeling dry, so really it's not very moisturizing.

I like the smell though it's kind of cheapy smelling but I mean I sort of expected that. I like the color it gives me, it's like a light tint of red. I probably wouldn't buy it again because I can get better, more moisturizing lip balms for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahmyers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been debating whether or not to try this, and finally decided to give it a chance. Just in time- when I got to the store there were only 2 packages left in the display. 1 was a clear one, and 1 was the Cherry Me. As I am alabaster fair, I decided on the Cherry Me (I HAVE to have color on my face)
When I opened it up, I checked out the scent, and it's your typical fake fruity lip balm smell, not offensive, but nothing to go crazy for either. When applying the product, it feels so smooth and buttery soft, also very light- there is no waxy quality to this. It left a very sheer wash of color, which I really liked. There was a hint of gleam, but it isn't glossy...the color looks very natural. Worn with my concealer and Maybelline Full 'N Soft waterpoof mascara, I had a very pretty day. I looked totally natural, like myself only way better.
Having said all that, this isn't a HG. The balm, while feeling soft upon application, doesn't really seem to add moisture to my lips. Rather it leaves a layer of product on them. It requires hourly application for me. And it also migrates horribly, turning my beautiful natural look into a Bozo one. I will finish the tube, using it on lazy days for a natural look, but it's nothing I would purchase again. For the price you pay, I really can't get too upset over it being somewhat of a dud:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have this in Grape Vine and I liked it a lot when I first got it. This particular shade is dark purple in the tube and it shows up fairly well on me. My lips are very pigmented and most tinted balms don't show up at all. This makes my lips look slightly darker and leaves a hint of purple (almost wine-colored) and leaves a nice sheen. I have since come to realize this sucks as an actual lip balm however. I have very dry lips and now that the weather is getting colder I wanted something more moisturizing than lipstick. This actually seems to make my lips drier than before. It doesn't last on my lips either. I feel like I need to reapply every 20 minutes. It also smells strongly of grape Kool-Aid though it has no taste. If you are looking for a drugstore tinted balm, try Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. It is better and cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cbatten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally bought this because of the cute 80's bold print logo and colors (I'm such a sucka :D, impulse purchases almost never pan out well.. when will I learn...)

I do love tinted lip balms because they're casual and quick/easy to apply but... I think Lip Smackers strawberry (or) cherry lip balm is a far superior product compared to this, both texture and flavor wise. Plus, Lip Smackers doesn't make my lips all peely towards the end when it starts to wear off like this balm does (though I've found that any balm with SPF in it tends to have that affect on my lips). One positive was that this balm does last longer on my lips then Lip Smackers (about 4 hours or so) but not the 8 hours that the packaging claims.

I got the one in Cherry which is supposed to have a red tint to it, but it looks more 'pink' in color when worn and sometimes a bit fuschia which isn't at all flattering on my skin tone. The color is sheer, though it tends to collect in all the creases of my lips, which makes my lips look dry and cracked although they really aren't. I haven't had any issues with it melting/spreading to the outside of my lips as others have reported but I can certainly see that happening - especially in warmer weather.

It smells like a strong mix between powdered Koolaid and Flinstones chewable vitamins and I'm not at all a fan of it's flavor. It tastes strongly of sunblock and perhaps zinc? I'm not sure if zinc is the right flavor to describe, but it does have a vitamin like aftertaste that isn't very pleasant (whatever that flavor is that's left in your mouth after chewing a flintstones vitamin, only stronger).

I have a bit of buyers remorse but at least it wasn't that terribly expensive (a little over $3). I plan on using it up so it doesn't go to waste but then I think I'll stick to my Blue Tub Blixtex for keeping my lips silky soft and smooth and lip smackers for when I want just a little bit of casual color without looking overly done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by marshmallowmoondrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say; I really like this lip balm. I actually got this online from Target for free because they were doing some type of promotion (I only had to pay 49cents for shipping). So, obviously I just had to give it a try! I just received it in the mail yesterday and it is great. The packaging is really cute. I got the "Quenched" one, which is completely clear and has a blue tube w/ big chunky pink writing on it. I put it on my lips and was surprised that it was actually shiny! Most lip balms are rather matte and do nothing for leaving a makeup-like look behind. This one is different. I could definitely see myself wearing this balm instead of my super-shiny glosses. Maybe the fact that I got the gloss for free is making me like it even more, but it was definitely a great find and I will definitely buy it when I run out. It is extremely moisturizing and not too thick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally- a wonderful tinted balm that moisturizes and feels fabulous on the lips! I love the feel of this; chapstick has such a heavy, waxy, dry feel, but this is moist and smooth. I got cherry, which is a great pinky red on my purple pigmented lips. I also got pink punch, which is a light cool almost 60s pink. They are both great colors and feel so good I am going to buy more colors.

My coworker at work said my lips looked moist, not heavy like a lipstick, and good color. And this was at the end of the work day after I wore all day and only reapplied after eating lunch.

Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by redhead1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the Peach and Cherry. For the Cherry, the color isn't as strong as I'd hoped, nor is it very moisturizing. It also has NO shine. The Peach is more moisturizing, but is the same shade as my lips unless I apply a LOT. Overall, quite a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by latindrprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was ok just like any other lip product I have the peach one it has little glitters in it which kills the smoothness the taste is horrible. It lasts pretty long but leaves my lip thirsty. I love the packaging it's so cute. Either way I will not repurchase I'll just continue using the one I have until it's done. Or throw it with the rest of my collection of lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by manini3

The clear versions are definitely the best. They feel super comfortable on my lips, and are really moisturizing. I bought a few of the tinted versions as well, and the colors are too strong for a lip balm, and just too bright vs. what I expected them to be. The peach shade is pretty. Going forward, I'll only be getting them in clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I was having a problem with chapped lips once the cool weather startied setting in. I saw this was supposed to last 8 hrs so I decided to try it. I was not disappointed. I have the color Cherry Me and I like the fact that it has some color, glossiness, and it's definitely solved my chapped lips problem. Within a day my lips were feeling much better and since I started using this I haven't had any problems. I put this stuff on after I powder my face while I'm getting ready for the day. I'm glad I found something gives me color and glossiness along with baby soft lips.